• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Why is it that everyone seems to love the Hanar and the Elcor yet they always get such minor screen time? didnt wanna bother with extra animation?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Elcor soldier all the way.

Laser canons on your back thank you very much.

Hell naw. I'm imagining an Elcor Adept being like a Drell on crack, doing crazy flips and cartwheels while shooting biotics. It would be glorious.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Why is it that everyone seems to love the Hanar and the Elcor yet they always get such minor screen time? didnt wanna bother with extra animation?
Because no one actually loves the Hanar and Elcor. Most people are too busy making Asari hentai.

Ilive1up

this multiplayer is pretty fun...and very difficult.

i've lost so many times near the final rounds, and i've only done bronze difficulty.

rozay

Banned
Collectors are all dead and the merc factions should be on your side. I'd love to fight eclipse.
The enemies in ME2's merc factions just wouldn't be that interesting to fight compared to the 3 in ME3 though, so they'd have to think up some new stuff (that would likely appear in Omega DLC if it's being worked on)

If they only go by the lore, multiplayer will die quickly. Would be easier to introduce collectors if it wasn't tied to the stupid galaxy at war system haha

Kyoufu

I don't even know. Hanar were awesome in ME1. Were they even in ME2/ME3?

On a side note, lore be damned, give me Collectors.

ASSUMING CONTROL

Anyone else having server issues right now? I can't stay in a game for longer than 2-3 waves. The round I was just in was bizarre -- I'd have my reticule on an enemy and they'd teleport away due to lag.

Wonder if it's just me! :(

90sRobots

Yeah new enemy race DLC would be godlike. 1 or 2 more would be awesome.

YES

LOKI_Mech.jpg

Yeah new enemy race DLC would be godlike. 1 or 2 more would be awesome.

Yeah, Mercs and Collectors.

Ta-da, easy 2 factions right there.

Mercs get regular Troopers, Rocket Troopers, Vanguards, Engineers, LOKI Mechs, YMIR Mechs, and "Captains", Collectors get regular Collectors, Collector Assassins, Collector Guardians, Harbinger, Scions, Praetorians.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Can someone tell me how I should build a human adept? Should I ignore shockwave? do I want expose or lasting damage on Warp/

Serious

It's actually pretty easy to justify Collectors being in the game, lorewise. Just state that there were Collectors that were not within the Galactic Core when Shepard blew up the base. I mean, has it ever been established/verified that you completely wiped out the Collectors when you blew up the base? That every Collector in the universe was present at the base when you were there? Maybe there was a ship out (I mean, the Collector did have more than one ship, right? We always ran into the same one, but that doesn't mean that it was all they had), grabbing more humans while we destroyed the base. Perhaps they went into hiding once they realized what had happened.

I was extremely surprised that there wasn't a mission involving the Collectors in the SP portion. My guess is that the first DLC will involve the remnants of the Collector, introducing them as a MP faction at the same time. There's a good variety to their units. Drones, Guardians, Assassins, Scions, Praetorians, Possesion/Harbinger, and possibly Husks/Abominations. It wouldn't be surprising for the Collectors to have a small amount of overlap with Reapers.

X-Frame

There was this glitch on Gold where the last surviving Geth trooper was invincible and my team couldn't do anything to eradicate it. I also remember it falling through the floor after 5 minutes, so I just said "screw this shit" and left.

It sucked because it was Wave 10 so I lost all my credits. Bah humbug.

This happened to me although the wave passed after he fell through the floor, so we got lucky.

It was caused by me trying to do a cover melee and something glitched and then after that you literally could walk through him, yet the Geth still could fire rockets at all of us.

eek5

This happened to me although the wave passed after he fell through the floor, so we got lucky.

It was caused by me trying to do a cover melee and something glitched and then after that you literally could walk through him, yet the Geth still could fire rockets at all of us.

I've had this happen as well. We all ended up leaving the game :(

Hey Bioware, change the odds of all the packs so that the higher your N7 level is the higher the odds of you getting rare items. Give people an incentive to "prestige".

Giard

Need help once again...this time for a Salarian Engineer.

Damage/Radius dilemma again. With a Human Engineer, I felt like radius for Incinerate was less important because of Chain Overload x2. But on the Salarian, it might be useful...radius seems really small though.

So how have you guys leveled up Energy Drain and Incinerate?

Dresden

Can someone tell me how I should build a human adept? Should I ignore shockwave? do I want expose or lasting damage on Warp/

Ignore Shockwave and just max out singularity and warp. Spec warp for improved detonation damage, expose, and weakened armor.

Need help once again...this time for a Salarian Engineer.

Damage/Radius dilemma again. With a Human Engineer, I felt like radius for Incinerate was less important because of Chain Overload x2. But on the Salarian, it might be useful...radius seems really small though.

So how have you guys leveled up Energy Drain and Incinerate?
Radius > Damage for Energy drain, imo. 3m is actually pretty big.

Damage all the way for Incinerate.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Wow, what bullshit. i went to buy the premium veteran pack, got an error right after that, before seeing its content, and got kicked back to the store menu... only to see 33k less credits and nothing new in my inventory.

X-Frame

Anybody here who commonly triggers tech combos (non-Biotic) can you provide your system of doing so?

For example, as a Quarian Engineer, freezing an enemy with Cryo Blast, damaging them to within an inch of their life, and then firing Incinerate at them to trigger a Cryo Explosion.

Or you could use Disruptor Ammo and when an enemy is electrocuted, hit them with a Warp to trigger a Tech Burst.

1. What class do you use for your tech combos?

2. What is your method of creating them (exactly)?

Biotic explosions (and Electric) seem so powerful but are considered in the middle in terms of overall damage, whereas a Fire Explosion is the most damaging.

If I see anyone playing a Salarian Infiltrator, I switch from Drell Adept (my main) to either Human Engineer or Turian Sentinel for Overload. Once I see the player land an Energy Drain, I follow up with an Overload for Tech Burst goodness. Or vice-versa, I'll switch to Salarian Infiltrator.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
What the hell is going on. Why am I doing like 10 times damage right now? Same with my squadmates. Also dying like 10 times easier.

I just killed a Geth Prime within 5 seconds of sustained avenger rifle firing in bronze.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
It's actually pretty easy to justify Collectors being in the game, lorewise. Just state that there were Collectors that were not within the Galactic Core when Shepard blew up the base. I mean, has it ever been established/verified that you completely wiped out the Collectors when you blew up the base? That every Collector in the universe was present at the base when you were there? Maybe there was a ship out (I mean, the Collector did have more than one ship, right? We always ran into the same one, but that doesn't mean that it was all they had), grabbing more humans while we destroyed the base. Perhaps they went into hiding once they realized what had happened.

I was extremely surprised that there wasn't a mission involving the Collectors in the SP portion. My guess is that the first DLC will involve the remnants of the Collector, introducing them as a MP faction at the same time. There's a good variety to their units. Drones, Guardians, Assassins, Scions, Praetorians, Possesion/Harbinger, and possibly Husks/Abominations. It wouldn't be surprising for the Collectors to have a small amount of overlap with Reapers.

They only have one base and one ship. Stupid, i know but thats the facts

_woLf

Is anyone else having trouble buying the packs? I'm trying to buy a spectre pack and it's giving me errors every time....I get my credits back, too.

"One of your purchases failed to process, if this continues contact Bioware support" etc etc :/

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is anyone else having trouble buying the packs? I'm trying to buy a spectre pack and it's giving me errors every time....I get my credits back, too.

"One of your purchases failed to process, if this continues contact Bioware support" etc etc :/

Same thing happened to me... i exited the game and rebooted it... only to see my credits gone.

By the way, about that chart that Bioware showed recently with multiplayer, i have doubts that humans are so popular with turians only being at 6%... i see a lot of aliens when playing online(PC), almost as much as humans.

Top Bottom