• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Are recruit packs the best to get supplis of medigels and missiles? I'm always short on them and only buying premium veteran packs isnt enough.

Yeah, recruit packs offer the best amount of equipment per credit:

Recruit: 1x equipment, will probably get multiple kinds, costs 5K
Premium: 3x equipment, might get 1-2 kinds, costs 20K
Premium Vet: 3x equipment, will probably only get 1, costs 33K
Spectre: 5x Equipment, might get 1-2 kinds, costs 60K

Kind of a bad decision if you ask me. The higher value packs should give more value for money than they do at present. Premium vet packs give you the least equipment for your money.

No.

Good weapons: the carnifex, the (black) widow, the mantis, the geth shotgun and that krogan shotgun, and a few of the N7 weapons. the rest is pretty much mediocre to terrible. Assault rifles and smgs are not really worth it until Bioware ups their damage significantly. If you got a carnifex, use that instead of an assault rifle, that thing is awesome. The shitty damage from assault rifles is also why the human soldier is pretty bad compared to the other classes, it relies too much on weapon damage. Biotic explosions and tech bursts shit all over weapon damage at the moment.

Human soldier with tempest (magazine+scope) is pretty much amazing if you know how to use it, so I have to say I disagree completely with this statement.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, recruit packs offer the best amount of equipment per credit:

Recruit: 1x equipment, will probably get multiple kinds, costs 5K
Premium: 3x equipment, might get 1-2 kinds, costs 20K
Premium Vet: 3x equipment, will probably only get 1, costs 33K
Spectre: 5x Equipment, might get 1-2 kinds, costs 60K

Kind of a bad decision if you ask me. The higher value packs should give more value for money than they do at present. Premium vet packs give you the least equipment for your money.

Spectre packs give you higher level mods. I never use them, but still, for people who care about using warp ammo or whatever, it might matter.
Also You buy the expensive packs to get a chance of getting two or more rares/uncommons anyway.

rozay

Banned
Will sabotage work on geth with shields or armor or both? It seems hit or miss as to whether they attack enemies instead of me but I've only played 2 games.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Will sabotage work on geth with shields or armor or both? It seems hit or miss as to whether they attack enemies instead of me but I've only played 2 games.
It works on both. They just become resistant after the first hit and it becomes diminishing returns.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Spectre packs give you higher level mods. I never use them, but still, for people who care about using warp ammo or whatever, it might matter.
Also You buy the expensive packs to get a chance of getting two or more rares/uncommons anyway.

Yeah, on one side i want the rares/uncommons from the premium veteran pack, but on the other, skipping the recruit ones where i could get 1 medigel earlier could save a whole match if teammates fail to revive me.

Kenaras

Everyone rolls with the Geth Plasma Shotgun in any class. lol

Geth Plasma Shotgun is bad for Human Vanguards. You can make it work if you have a high-level version and spec for Half Nova, but it really impacts your survivability on higher difficulties. If you have to use a shotgun, use the lightest one you can. A leveled up Disciple will allow you to get +200% cooldowns, and a level X Scimitar/Katana/Eviscerator/Wraith will get you +190% if you spec for weapon weight. As a bonus, speccing for weapon weight makes the Predator X weightless, giving you a solid backup ranged weapon.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, on one side i want the rares/uncommons from the premium veteran pack, but on the other, skipping the recruit ones where i could get 1 medigel earlier could save a whole match if teammates fail to revive me.
The equipment pack last week or whenever was good because you could get 5 of each for 20k. It's too bad it was time-limited though, since it was the only way to guarantee that you'd get something.

Geth Plasma Shotgun is bad for Human Vanguards. You can make it work if you have a high-level version and spec for Half Nova, but it really impacts your survivability on higher difficulties. If you have to use a shotgun, use the lightest one you can. A leveled up Disciple will allow you to get +200% cooldowns, and a level X Scimitar/Katana/Eviscerator/Wraith will get you +190% if you spec for weapon weight. As a bonus, speccing for weapon weight makes the Predator X weightless, giving you a solid backup ranged weapon.
Well, with human vanguard, you're going charge/nova spam anyway. lol

Omega

Banned
For my Asari Vanguard I use a Disciple.

Works pretty well. I went for weapon damage instead of pistol weight, plus I have a mod that increases damage by 30% or something.

Does pretty good damage while also keeping a +170% recharge speed.

I'd rather fight Reapers. They're harder but at least they're more interesting.

Really? I find Cerberus the most interesting to fight myself.

Reapers have a mixture of units, but mostly revolve around pure numbers. Banshees and Ravagers can be very irritating.

Geth are probably the least interesting to fight, as well as the most irritating. But YMMV.

Walshicus

I wonder if they'll bring the collector faction into multiplayer. How many scions will gold waves have?

Would like that. Would also like a "Merc" faction to play against.

I could see an all-faction gametype being interesting - either mixed waves or alternating waves of different factions.

Mindlog

Wave 10 Silver on White vs Reapers. Only one beacon has been activated. Everyone is dead. Except several Ravagers, a whole lot more Marauders, two respawning Banshees and one Rambo Sentinel. It takes every piece of equipment to light the third beacon. Drag all the enemies to one side of the map and then hope you have enough time to activate the beacon when you run back. With 2 seconds left, success! Credits Achieved.

Then a Marauder kills me when I trip over cover like an ass :\

I hope people keep asking for Rifle/SMG buffs. My Turian Soldier is going to be OP as hell for about a week before they nerf it again. Tempest on Glacier is a turkey shoot.

So far I have been able to use every class/weapon type to carry silver. I haven't been as experimental on gold. I'd rather pick something that can reliably carry to wave 7.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So, Reapers are fastest way to farm credits on Gold? Saw 17min vid with adepts. Not sure how to make those biotic explosions.
Reapers are probably more interesting than Geth... but with Geth, you are guaranteed to win unless you have someone screw up. Especially if you do Firebase White/Giant.

Yup. After playing ME3 MP, it's really opened my eyes to what I've been missing in SP this whole time w/ playing only Soldier.

Eh, I find Soldier more fun in single player. You get the time dilation from adrenaline rush which makes certain tactics more viable (such as shooting a Phantom's sword). And you can use bonus powers to mix it up a bit.

It is quite poor in multiplayer though. You get concussive shot which is basically a non-biotic throw. Adrenaline rush which isn't even that good a damage increase (Infiltrator cloak gives a much higher one, plus, you know allows you to cloak). Grenades are quite limited. You can't carry more weapons.

In short, you don't really get anything and get nothing to compensate for that.

Alucrid

Banned
Yup. After playing ME3 MP, it's really opened my eyes to what I've been missing in SP this whole time w/ playing only Soldier.

Never been a soldier in SP and I was always sad when that's the class that everyone was. I mean, how boring. :|

Once I get this to level 20, not touching it again.

Serious

So, Reapers are fastest way to farm credits on Gold? Saw 17min vid with adepts. Not sure how to make those biotic explosions.

Anything that leaves a lasting biotic effect (Warp, Reave, Stasis, lifting effects) primes the explosion, and any Biotic ability that does damage (Warp, Reave, Shockwave, Throw, biotic grenades) detonates. The same spell can't be used as the first and second ability, though I'm not sure if Shockwave (with the lifting evolution) -> Shockwave will work. My instinct says it should, but I've never tested.

Kenaras

Wave 10 Silver on White vs Reapers. Only one beacon has been activated. Everyone is dead. Except several Ravagers, a whole lot more Marauders, two respawning Banshees and one Rambo Sentinel. It takes every piece of equipment to light the third beacon. Drag all the enemies to one side of the map and then hope you have enough time to activate the beacon when you run back. With 2 seconds left, success! Credits Achieved.

Then a Marauder kills me when I trip over cover like an ass :\

I hope people keep asking for Rifle/SMG buffs. My Turian Soldier is going to be OP as hell for about a week before they nerf it again. Tempest on Glacier is a turkey shoot.

So far I have been able to use every class/weapon type to carry silver. I haven't been as experimental on gold. I'd rather pick something that can reliably carry to wave 7.

Soldiers deserve to deal overpowered damage, since they offer no group utility whatsoever.

Kyoufu

I weep for those who play Soldier in this franchise. Literally the worst, most generic, uninspiring thing you can do to your experience.

I weep for those who play Soldier in this franchise. Literally the worst, most generic, uninspiring thing you can do to your experience.

Not at all, soldier is really fun to play as and what I have done during all of my playthroughs, love it, sometimes all out firepower is the way to go.

LosDaddie

Banned
I'm probably done with the MP after today. I've played about 30hrs worth, and gone through Vanguard, Infiltrator, Engineer, and Sentinel classes. I'll probably wait until after some DLC is released to play Adept, but eh, I'm done. It was fun.

Kyoufu

I feel the same.

Got called stupid and elitest. :(

Same here. My friend finally caved and now plays Infiltrator in ME3.

He complained to me that ME2 combat sucked balls, and that it was just a shooter blah blah...I told him dude YOU PLAY SOLDIER... c'mon son!

I'm probably done with the MP after today. I've played about 30hrs worth, and gone through Vanguard, Infiltrator, Engineer, and Sentinel classes. I'll probably wait until after some DLC is released to play Adept, but eh, I'm done. It was fun.

2 things that are killing my MP playtime right now:

Random packs that give me the same shit over and over again.

Lack of friends to play Gold with. :(

I played Soldier my first time in all three games and don't regret it, I got a good feel of what weapons I liked/didn't like, I had quite a few options when approaching combat, and it was just good to get used to it.

All of you complaining about the Soldier class OBVIOUSLY haven't touched the Krogan Solider. Goddamn do I love this class! Maxed out Carnage is a super powerful crowd control spam and smacking shit around is so satisfying.

Outside of the Krogan Soldier (and to a lesser degree, the Turian Soldier), yes, the human Soldier kinda sucks. I'll give y'all that!

Kyoufu

All of you complaining about the Soldier class OBVIOUSLY haven't touched the Krogan Solider. Goddamn do I love this class! Maxed out Carnage is a super powerful crowd control spam and smacking shit around is so satisfying.

Outside of the Krogan Soldier (and to a lesser degree, the Turian Soldier), yes, the human Soldier kinda sucks. I'll give y'all that!

Not talking about multiplayer. Krogans are badass no matter which class. I mean in general, the experience is too generic for Shepard as a Soldier.

Not talking about multiplayer. Krogans are badass no matter which class. I mean in general, the experience is too generic for Shepard as a Soldier.

Ah! Then, yes, I totally agree with that. Playing ME (single or multi) without using a power-heavy class is missing out on a LOT of the fun.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Krogan Infiltrator is amazing. You wouldn't think a giant screaming brawler could blend in so well into the background.

Omega

Banned

Yeah, it's fun for a while but it gets boring way too quick. There's just not enough content to keep people playing. If they do DLC, they better add new factions, maps and gametypes.

Instead of a wave by wave, they could have a survival gametype. Enemies just keep coming and coming and you see how long you can survive.

It's their first go at a multiplayer/co-op experience so I'm not too hard on them. A few issues could be fixed with DLC to add more variety though. Other than that, the only thing that keeps me playing is being a maxed out Krogan on Bronze. I just heavy melee everything.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Female Krogan infiltrator coming in the next DLC pack.

Unlikely because females dont do the fighting in krogan society and cause bioware is lazy. I'd like to see quarian males though, they already have a model. And geth and batarians. And doing female models for turians should be easy if they stick to the comics, where there isnt much sexual dimorphism.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Elcor Adept coming soon to a galaxy near you. Featuring bone chilling battle cries such as "With anger, it is time to meet your end.".

Top Bottom