• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Same thing happened to me... i exited the game and rebooted it... only to see my credits gone.

By the way, about that chart that Bioware showed recently with multiplayer, i have doubts that humans are so popular with turians only being at 6%... i see a lot of aliens when playing online(PC), almost as much as humans.

Everyone has to start as human and there is both a male and female option as well as having access to every class.

_woLf

Same thing happened to me... i exited the game and rebooted it... only to see my credits gone.

By the way, about that chart that Bioware showed recently with multiplayer, i have doubts that humans are so popular with turians only being at 6%... i see a lot of aliens when playing online(PC), almost as much as humans.

Ahhh...yep. Restarted game, credits gone.

Unlocked the Salarian Infiltrator. now I have all 4 possible infiltrator characters, too bad I could not care less about that class.

All I want. Is a freaking Asari.

i-Lo

Okay, today, I was getting terrible lag to the point where I lost control of my character on screen as he kept on going backwards. Both powers and weapons had no freaking effect. I have a good connection hence it was baffling. But more strangely, I could hear this whirling noise which was always present whenever I played online. Any idea wtf is going on?

TheExodu5

Banned
Okay, today, I was getting terrible lag to the point where I lost control of my character on screen as he kept on going backwards. Both powers and weapons had no freaking effect. I have a good connection hence it was baffling. But more strangely, I could hear this whirling noise which was always present whenever I played online. Any idea wtf is going on?

It's peer to peer, depends on the host.

Serious

They only have one base and one ship. Stupid, i know but thats the facts

One base, yeah, no arguments. But where was it stated that they only had one ship? You only ever run into one Collector vessel in ME2, but I don't remember if it was ever explicitly stated that it was the only way the Collectors got around. I mean, throughout ME2, we constantly hear of these little deals that the Collectors have always done (and continue to do). Is that one ship the only ship the Collectors have? It's not like they couldn't have had some smaller ships either, if the vessel was the only one of it's type they had.

Someone was using reave. The power has been bugged since beta I think and keeps playing that noise for other players way too loud/long
I hope they fix it soon. It's gotten to the point where I leave a lobby if I see a Drell Adept.

The noise is torture and gets progressively louder.

Balphon

Anybody here who commonly triggers tech combos (non-Biotic) can you provide your system of doing so?

For example, as a Quarian Engineer, freezing an enemy with Cryo Blast, damaging them to within an inch of their life, and then firing Incinerate at them to trigger a Cryo Explosion.

Or you could use Disruptor Ammo and when an enemy is electrocuted, hit them with a Warp to trigger a Tech Burst.

1. What class do you use for your tech combos?

2. What is your method of creating them (exactly)?

Biotic explosions (and Electric) seem so powerful but are considered in the middle in terms of overall damage, whereas a Fire Explosion is the most damaging.

Overload -> Incinerate always worked for Tech Bursts on my human engineer, so long as (1) Incinerate hit the primary target of Overload; (2) Incinerate hit the target relatively quickly following Overload (i.e. while the enemy was still "sparking"); and (3) the enemy didn't have a shield or barrier up. Moreover, I'm pretty sure biotic powers can't set up or trigger tech bursts, though they can contribute to fire/cryo explosions.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I think he means that a high N7 level is indicative that the player has played for more time, and thus will naturally have earned/spent more credits. Not that promoting or achieving a high level in itself gives more credits.

Isn't that useful, at least in comparison, since somebody at N7 120 could have played 10 times as many matches as somebody at N7 500. It is the people who stayed at 120 at the end of the first week and have been running lvl 20 characters in silver/gold every match since who have all the money. :)

TheYanger

Isn't that useful, at least in comparison, since somebody at N7 120 could have played 10 times as many matches as somebody at N7 500. It is the people who stayed at 120 at the end of the first week and have been running lvl 20 characters in silver/gold every match since who have all the money. :)

But you can't know that is the point. Someone with N7 900 CLEARLY has played a shitload of the game. Someone with N7 120 MAY have played a shitload.

KKRT00

3m seems small compared to the 8m bounce of Chain Overload, but I'll try that anyways. Thanks.

I dont know if You should go with range, 3m doesnt change that much, because npcs has to be really close anyway, but from my experience in demo on gold, i sometimes prays just for an additional 10-15% more damage, because i couldnt take whole shield from ghosts and centurions.
And as an infiltrator if You take whole shield and have mantis You can be sure that You will one shot a target.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I hope they fix it soon. It's gotten to the point where I leave a lobby if I see a Drell Adept.

The noise is torture and gets progressively louder.

Bioware confirmed that it would be fix in the next patch, but the question is... when is that patch?

So, I solo'd an entire round of Silver today. Saved my squad.

It was rad, particularly since I'm not that good. Not solo good. Especially not Solo Silver good.

It was surprisingly difficult to get the Drell Adept to 20. So many lobbies straight up kick it out when you join.

Um, seriously now: Do you blame them? That Reeve bug is absolutely excruciating to listen to for 17-30 minutes straight. It's gotten to the point where I leave a lobby every time I see a Drell Adept.

Tis a shame, because that class/race is probably my favorite in the game.

Kyoufu

Um, seriously now: Do you blame them? That Reeve bug is absolutely excruciating to listen to for 17-30 minutes straight. It's gotten to the point where I leave a lobby every time I see a Drell Adept.

Tis a shame, because that class/race is probably my favorite in the game.

Yeah I'm forced to take my headphones off because of it. :(

Is it worse for other players than for the Drell player? It's certainly a little annoying, but it's never been so bad that it makes me want to stop playing...

Especially when everything you touch just explodes.

Is it worse for other players than for the Drell player? It's certainly a little annoying, but it's never been so bad that it makes me want to stop playing...

Especially when everything you touch just explodes.

It literally gave me headaches. So to clarify: It's WAY MORE than a little annoying. ;)

LosDaddie

Banned
Good games this weekend, Adam Blade, Major Williams, and see5harp! :) Even if it was only for a few matches. Sorry I was bringing the team down. :(

ON that note; I'm done with MP for now. I'm a huge co-op fan. So ME3's MP was/is right up my alley. That's why I put in 30hrs+ overall, and had a good time. I went through human Vanguard first, then Salarian Infiltrator, Human Engineer, and finally Krogan Sentinel. I'll probably save Adept until after some DLC is released.

I'd say that Human Engineer was the most-fun class I played. I really enjoyed the Incinerate + Overload combo. IT's the only class I promoted to SP.

I have to admit when I'm wrong. I thought ME multiplayer was a throw away feature. I still disagree with it being tied into the single player. But damn it's good.

I haven't played multiplayer since Halo 2 and this is fun as hell.

Abylim

I too was skeptical when they announced it. 3 weeks later, I'm still playing the MP, N7level 302, and not even close to bored yet.

Good games this weekend, Adam Blade, Major Williams, and see5harp! :) Even if it was only for a few matches. Sorry I was bringing the team down. :(

ON that note; I'm done with MP for now. I'm a huge co-op fan. So ME3's MP was/is right up my alley. That's why I put in 30hrs+ overall, and had a good time. I went through human Vanguard first, then Salarian Infiltrator, Human Engineer, and finally Krogan Sentinel. I'll probably save Adept until after some DLC is released.

I'd say that Human Engineer was the most-fun class I played. I really enjoyed the Incinerate + Overload combo. IT's the only class I promoted to SP.
No worries. It was fun. :3

Danj

I need more Origin friends :( though I do notice that the button saying "Public" has a padlock symbol next to it, does that mean that I have to unlock something to be allowed to have non-random friends to play with?

Bazza

I need more Origin friends :( though I do notice that the button saying "Public" has a padlock symbol next to it, does that mean that I have to unlock something to be allowed to have non-random friends to play with?

think you can only change that when you host a game, when you create a private game you invite friends from your friends list into the room.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Moving from Bronze to Silver has provided a lot of headaches for me.

• As an infiltrator, I only die when attempting to revive a teammate. I now find myself torn between reviving a dumb teammate and solo'ing the round.
  • A good chunk of players ignore the objective unless it is an assassination.
  • People with high N7 ranking enjoy bringing their level 1 characters in Silver matches only to die ever 10 seconds. (why don't they know any better?!)
  • People who use missiles before round 6 - what is going on in their heads?!

Bisnic

Moving from Bronze to Silver has provided a lot of headaches for me.

• As an infiltrator, I only die when attempting to revive a teammate. I now find myself torn between reviving a dumb teammate and solo'ing the round.
    [*]A good chunk of players ignore the objective unless it is an assassination.
  • People with high N7 ranking enjoy bringing their level 1 characters in Silver matches only to die ever 10 seconds. (why don't they know any better?!)
  • People who use missiles before round 6 - what is going on in their heads?!

This piss me off more than anything else. Hell, the fucking voice tells you to go there defend a zone or hack a device, there's a big blue diamond or arrow on your screen, you think it wouldnt be more obvious as to what you need to do?

"Err derrp, noo gotta shoot things"

I wish text chat would be there on PC for these situations.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Yeah, the gap between pubs and a good group of friends is ridiculous. Sometimes I get lucky with an awesome group of pubs, but even those tend to have at least one guy who just doesn't 'get it', either awful at not dying, ignoring objectives, or both. Silver is pretty manageable for anybody who has their shit sorted in gameplay, a levelled class and weapons.

Teamed up with two mates tonight. Me Salarian engineer, them a Drell and Asari (don't recall which class). Just the three of us on Silver and we tore it up. The combination of skill, powers and good equipment ate through everything. I've had worse matches with four players.

Actually had quite a few decent groups today.

People with high N7 ranking enjoy bringing their level 1 characters in Silver matches only to die ever 10 seconds. (why don't they know any better?!)

For the most part I agree, though in certain cases very low levels can still do well. I came top in a silver game just now as a level 5 infiltrator and definitely pulled my weight. The other guys were also level 10, 13, and some shitty level 18 infiltrator who got about 10K.

Level 1s should just play a game of bronze, but at 5 or so silver is doable if you're good.

X-Frame

I too was skeptical when they announced it. 3 weeks later, I'm still playing the MP, N7level 302, and not even close to bored yet.

I agree, but I do think if they are going to bring in new enemies, classes, etc they should do it sooner rather than later.

Btw my.game bugged like crazy yesterday. Couldnt pick up ammo and couldnt revive a player. also none of my powers worked cept for overload which wouldnt chain. I must have looked so shit compared to the other players who watched me do NOTHING for 10 waves :/

Got my Infiltrator class up to Level 20, which matches my Sentinel class. Hopefully the promotion reward for next weekend's N7 Challenge is good.

I'm loving the Premium Veteran packs right now. Got a Salarian Engineer, Asari Vanguard, Geth Plasma Shotgun, multiple levels to my Mattock, and a sniper rifle damage mod this weekend. I hope this pack sticks around permanently.

Incidentally, is the Asari Vanguard any good? I know she's got Stasis, which is a solid power, but how do the other powers, Charge and Lift Grenade, fit into the strategy of how to use her?

That reave noise sounds worse than my farts. Its so fucking loud and doesnt stop. No drell adepts in my.squad.

I wonder if there's a big difference between surround sound users and headphone users. I've got surround sound, and while somewhat annoying, the Reave bug doesn't bother me that much.

For the most part I agree, though in certain cases very low levels can still do well. I came top in a silver game just now as a level 5 infiltrator and definitely pulled my weight. The other guys were also level 10, 13, and some shitty level 18 infiltrator who got about 10K.

Level 1s should just play a game of bronze, but at 5 or so silver is doable if you're good.

There's a huge difference between Level 1 and Level 5 though. At level one, you don't have any powers except the default first power. Just get to Level 2 and you can have multiple powers. And at Level 5, you can really flesh out the powers, although you won't be able to do much with the branching part of the trees. Regardless, attempting Silver with a Level 1 is ridiculous. Those people are just hoping their teammates will carry them and they'll get big XP and credits. Not a whole lot different than the AFK leechers.

Cat Party

Does anyone else have the N7 Crusader? When I use it with the shotgun choke, it is ludicrously accurate and deadly. You can headshot enemies from across the map with it. Heavy and slow, but my god, it's unfair how much damage it does. If someone else can get the shields down, you can kill an Atlas in about 8 shots or so on Silver.

RyanDG

As just a random side note... If you are going to recommend to boot someone because they are not using a sniper rifle on their Quarian infiltrator and that they will "bring down the team" and "cause you to lose", you better damn well make sure that the person doesn't get the first place slot on the map by a rather large margin. It sort of defeats your argument. Bastards. ;)

So it's 'next week', when does the promotion thing get put into effect?

I would assume it's the same weekend time frame that these 2 previous N7 Challenges have been at, 5 PM PST Friday through 5 AM PST Monday. You probably have to promote a character (or multiple characters) during this time frame.

EDIT: Some more clarification from Bioware on their forum.

We hope you all enjoyed this weekend’s multiplayer challenge and leveled up your characters with all the extra XP. Make sure to hang on to those leveled up characters as this coming weekends challenge, Operation Raptor, is going to need some super-elite soldiers to complete!

rozay

Banned
Does anyone else have the N7 Crusader? When I use it with the shotgun choke, it is ludicrously accurate and deadly. You can headshot enemies from across the map with it. Heavy and slow, but my god, it's unfair how much damage it does. If someone else can get the shields down, you can kill an Atlas in about 8 shots or so on Silver.
Yep, I wish I got it, not even a turian can salvage the Hurricane.

Bisnic

I'm getting close to have all classes at 20. Vanguard at 17, Engineer at 16 and Soldier at 2. Yeah... i'm not sure i wanna play the boring class.

Alucrid

Banned
I would assume it's the same weekend time frame that these 2 previous N7 Challenges have been at, 5 PM PST Friday through 5 AM PST Monday. You probably have to promote a character (or multiple characters) during this time frame.

EDIT: Some more clarification from Bioware on their forum.

Ooh, so they're weekend things. Gotcha, thanks.

Top Bottom