• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Bazza

Loving my Krogan Sentinal, so much fun charging about smashing enemy's with a heavy melee attack and if they are not finished off then blasting them in the face up close with a shotgun. iv got plenty of respecs so i need to decide if i want to level up incinerate or my grenades.

Iv not actually made any human characters yet, i had a few bioware points and got really lucky with the 1st spectre packs i brought i got a turian soldier, quarian infiltrator and salarian engineer. the money i made when levelling those toons has funded my antihuman multi-player squad, think iv got all the alien classes unlocked now. need to give my krogan soldier a run out at some point.

did anyone find it easier to get common weapon mods after getting all the common weapons to X and all of the characterization options for the humans?

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Mass Effect Multiplayer has taught me N7 rank is no way, shape or form indicative of how good someone is. I've seen useful level 2s and complete piss offs of 600-900s.
It's kind of crazy that someone's rank could be 200+, indicating that they have spent a ton of time on the game, yet still don't know how to play smart.

Gold match last night, round 10, one target left to eliminate (a freaking pyro with shields taken down) just as all 4 of us got killed at the same time. Didn't have a medigel, watched as we all bled out one by one. Then the rank 300-something Asari Adept pops a medigel right before he bleeds out, and we all have already bled out. Rather than go after the pyro or hide under cover to recharge shields, he begins to run around the map using the Asari teleport dash...using pull/warp on targets that he would run into...instead of stasis. He would then die, then pop another medigel and repeat, constantly running further and further from the target that would have given us all 40k credits.

It was painful. And also amazed me that this person could hold so many medigels. :-/

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Turian soldier is weird. Not being able to roll or dodge makes him easily locked down by enemy fire. That being said, coupling marksman with an assault rifle with a large magazine, like the Phaeston or Revenant, and you can really lay down fire against the enemy over a huge distance. Marksman turns assault rifles into automatic sniper rifles.

Turian soldier is weird. Not being able to roll or dodge makes him easily locked down by enemy fire. That being said, coupling marksman with an assault rifle with a large magazine, like the Phaeston or Revenant, and you can really lay down fire against the enemy over a huge distance. Marksman turns assault rifles into automatic sniper rifles.

Nice, I'll try that. I don't think I have too many mods yet though. Is it best to save up for Spectre packs? Or buy the cheap ones for awhile?

Alucrid

Banned
It's kind of crazy that someone's rank could be 200+, indicating that they have spent a ton of time on the game, yet still don't know how to play smart.

Gold match last night, round 10, one target left to eliminate (a freaking pyro with shields taken down) just as all 4 of us got killed at the same time. Didn't have a medigel, watched as we all bled out one by one. Then the rank 300-something Asari Adept pops a medigel right before he bleeds out, and we all have already bled out. Rather than go after the pyro or hide under cover to recharge shields, he begins to run around the map using the Asari teleport dash...using pull/warp on targets that he would run into...instead of stasis. He would then die, then pop another medigel and repeat, constantly running further and further from the target that would have given us all 40k credits.

It was painful. And also amazed me that this person could hold so many medigels. :-/

Is Rank 200

Uses assault rifle and sniper on a vanguard

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
You don't really need mods. Marksman is his ability, and both the Phaeston and Revenant have large magazines as is. Though mods that increase the magazine are ideal.

If you want to max out your starting gear, cheap packs are essential. Buying tons and tons of 5000 packs will very quickly level up all the starting weapons, and at level 10 they're all pretty useful if played with the right class (unless you're on gold or something).

You don't really need mods. Marksman is his ability, and both the Phaeston and Revenant have large magazines as is. Though mods that increase the magazine are ideal.

If you want to max out your starting gear, cheap packs are essential. Buying tons and tons of 5000 packs will very quickly level up all the starting weapons, and at level 10 they're all pretty useful if played with the right class (unless you're on gold or something).

Oh, I thought I would need stabilizer mods or capacity mods for my rifle. I'll try to roll with this and see how I do. Thanks.

Is there a maximum limit on how much you can increase your usable consumables per game by?

I'm sitting at 5 for all of them except for medigel which I can currently carry 3 into a game.

Not that I've been able to take advantage of this for the past 15 games due to not having any medigel

Alucrid

Banned

Eh, I'd say stability and damage mods are more ideal than magazine size for that character and those weapons.

EatChildren

Eh, I'd say stability and damage mods are more ideal than magazine size for that character and those weapons.

Stability yeah. Damage or magazine is fine depending on how well you can aim :p.

Tsukumo

Yep.

Another thing that bothers me is I get no backup from the team when I Charge into a pack of enemies. Can't stress enough how easy Gold runs would be if people just attacked the enemies I'm tanking on Human Spamhard. :(

Why do people who roll vanguard, charging recklessly and mashing buttons, expect teammates to make up for their lack of caution?
Also, why would you assume people should follow you and not the other way around? If you have a team of infiltrators and engineers and you expect them to stick around while you hop through the entire map, you deserve to be left to bleed or waste medi-gels.

The Geth Rifle is weird. It doesn't shoot - it sprays.

Not a bad weapon IMO. Weighs A TON, but has incredible accuracy/stability and if you roll human soldier the buff you get from adrenaline rush turns it into an enemy-grinder. I have to admit though, for other classes is quite a waste of a rifle.

Is it worth upgrading the combat drone? I've found it fairly useless so far. What upgrades would you guys recommend?

Combat drone can acquire an ability that can make it stun three enemies at the time: combined with chain overload, you can bully around the geth and cerberus units as much as you want.

Why do people who roll vanguard, charging recklessly and mashing buttons, expect teammates to make up for their lack of caution?
Also, why would you assume people should follow you and not the other way around? If you have a team of infiltrators and engineers and you expect them to stick around while you hop through the entire map, you deserve to be left to bleed or waste medi-gels.

Thank you. This is exactly the reason why I suggest to Vanguards to lead with Nova, because it allows you to survey the situation before committing to the fight. Leading with Charge means you're committed no matter what, to hell with Turrets/Banshees/Pyros/30 enemies.

Combat drone can acquire an ability that can make it stun three enemies at the time: combined with chain overload, you can bully around the geth and cerberus units as much as you want.

This is how I have mine specced, but I still waffle back and forth between my male (rocket) and female (stun 3) engis on which drone is better. I'm guessing stun, but sometimes I think it's because I'm spamming Overload myself.

I find myself asking the same question of any Krogan team mates. I understand that melee/tanking is a large part of their playstyle but why is it always the Krogan guy who is on the other side of the map from the rest of the team and keeps going down? Surely there's a way to play Krogan without needing 10+ revives in a match :\

the chris

Made it to wave 8 on a Gold Challenge against Cerberus last night before I was logged out of the EA servers, all that experience and money down the drain.

On another note, has anybody's character ever just randomly committed suicide? I activated my cloak while running to a fallen teammate and I just died. I looked at what killed me and it said my cause of death was suicide.

I find myself asking the same question of any Krogan team mates. I understand that melee/tanking is a large part of their playstyle but why is it always the Krogan guy who is on the other side of the map from the rest of the team and keeps going down? Surely there's a way to play Krogan without needing 10+ revives in a match :\

I actually play a Krogan really smart. Sure, I'll rush a wave of enemies, but I usually do this for the first 1-4 waves when the enemies are weaker and I know I can withstand the damage.

Once the stronger units come out, I stay back a lot more and only charge spam when I know I'm by my teammates.

For the last few rounds, I stick close to my team and make sure nothing gets close to them.

It's all about playing smart, but we all know not everyone is capable of that.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
How should I spec and play vanguard effectively? Asari specifically. I've never used them in 2 or 3.

Kyoufu

Um, I don't bleed or waste medi-gels. It just goes faster if the team kills stuff with me instead of me killing alone.

Human Spamhard can't die.

So how many of you have your characters up to level 20? I have all of mine up to 20 except for my level 18 Krogan Sentinel.

I hear this weekend's challenge will involve promotion of a limited number of characters, so I think I may just promote the classes I don't really care to use that often (Vanguard, Sentinel, and Infiltrator).

Um, I don't bleed or waste medi-gels. It just goes faster if the team kills stuff with me instead of me killing alone.

Human Spamhard can't die.

I saw a jackass Vanguard charge into a Banshee this morning only to get one-hit killed. Right before he did it, I said to myself, "Don't charge into the Banshee she's going to...yep, kill you." *facepalm*

Asari Vanguard should be centered around Stasis Bubble over anything else.

Then what? Max out Asari Justicar and Fitness, then divvy up the remaining points between Charge and Lift Grenade? I realize Stasis is the best power, but I'm just not sure how the rest of her powers really fit in. Charge seems like a good way to get a cheap Barrier refill in a pinch, but you obviously can't use it like the Human Vanguard's Charge/Nova combo.

Cat Party

Starting to finally get comfortable in silver with the Salarian Engineer. It's the only class I know where all three powers are extremely useful against any enemy set.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Ultimately, what type of weapon do you use to complement a Human Vanguard? Shotguns, I assume?

Since you always get up close to your enemies with a Vanguard.. yeah, shotgun. And maybe a pistol for long range when you need to defend a zone without leaving it all the time with charges or simply attack the tougher guys at a safer distance.

Danj

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I guess after I reach level 20 with a particular class I need to switch to another class?

Kyoufu

Is Vanguard feasible at all for Gold runs? I see mostly Infiltrators when I play gold games.

Yep. They just need to host if they're going to spam Charge.

There's a shotgun in SP that pretty much gives you 200% of power recharge. Is that available in MP?

Yeah there are light shotguns in MP. Better suited for Asari and Drell though. With Stasis Bubble you can really make good use of your weapon, but on Human, you really have to Nova all the time.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Human Vanguard can't die*.

*Unless you're talking about 1 hit kills, then lol
Does Biotic Charge -> Cluster Grenades cause an explosion on the Drell Vanguard?

No, but Pull does.
Then what? Max out Asari Justicar and Fitness, then divvy up the remaining points between Charge and Lift Grenade? I realize Stasis is the best power, but I'm just not sure how the rest of her powers really fit in. Charge seems like a good way to get a cheap Barrier refill in a pinch, but you obviously can't use it like the Human Vanguard's Charge/Nova combo.

As long as you're doing Stasis Bubbles, you can't really go wrong. You can Stasis Bubble - then Charge to create an explosion and try your luck with Charge Chance Spam x Melee (through Justicar) OR you can do crowd pleaser damage with Lift Grendades + Stasis Bubble.

Either way, since Stasis Bubble is practical at any distance, you can effectively pick your fights anywhere with any kind of weapon. They generally suck against Reapers though.

Does Biotic Charge -> Cluster Grenades cause an explosion on the Drell Vanguard?

It doesn't, unfortunately. Any "set up" skill needs to have a duration, and any "detonation" skill needs to deal damage. Some skills do both and can be used to set up or detonate, but cannot be used consecutively to set up *and* detonate.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
It doesn't, unfortunately. Any "set up" skill needs to have a duration, and any "detonation" skill needs to deal damage. Some skills do both and can be used to set up or detonate, but cannot be used consecutively to set up *and* detonate.

I've been meaning to ask. Does Stasis Bubble + Charge w/ Radius kick out multiple explosions?

Top Bottom