• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Recarpo

Beginning to lose hope of ever getting an Asari Adept.

Got a shitty shotgun and a Krogan Soldier from two Spectre packs. Seems like the game is trying to tell me something.

I know how you feel. I'm level 375 or so and still no adept. While I was playing a couple days ago, I got matched up with a level 43 using an asari adept and then a level 35 with an adept. I'm pretty sure the game is just trying to screw with me at this point.

Thought I'd try the Falcon now they've upped the damage again.

Half my grenades disappeared, leaving my Soldier to take on silver with the default pistol and longer cooldowns.

Not fun.

What are the best AR ?

Avenger X is crap but the very light weight plus some maxout mod makes it more than decent.

Mattok looks the best to me. I'm not X yet but despite it's weight, it's a beast.

Vindicator looks also very good, also I really don't like it's dynamic, but I'm sure people might love it.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
What are the best AR ?

Avenger X is crap but the very light weight plus some maxout mod makes it more than decent.

Mattok looks the best to me. I'm not X yet but despite it's weight, it's a beast.

Vindicator looks also very good, also I really don't like it's dynamic, but I'm sure people might love it.

Phaeston imo

What are the best AR ?

I would go with the Vindicator... best balance of damage, weight and not too much recoil. Just learn to aim for the chest (and keep your aim drifting slightly downwards for continuous shooting) and you'll be fine.

I would go with the Vindicator... best balance of damage, weight and not too much recoil. Just learn to aim for the chest (and keep your aim drifting slightly downwards for continuous shooting) and you'll be fine.

I tend to put it up actually. With the mod that reduce kickback, it tends to aim downer by the end of a clip if I shoot as fast as I can

How does grenade restocking work? When I go to an ammo box to get more grenades half the time no grenades are added to my stock. Is this a glitch?

No, not a glitch. Grenades restock just like ammo, but there are less of them. If a teammate grabs the available grenades before you, you'll have to wait for the ammo box to restock. And restock rates are much slower on Silver and Gold than they are on Bronze.

Petrie

Banned
I know how you feel. I'm level 375 or so and still no adept. While I was playing a couple days ago, I got matched up with a level 43 using an asari adept and then a level 35 with an adept. I'm pretty sure the game is just trying to screw with me at this point.

That sucks. I got her in that beginner pack they give you for free. Krogans took me ages to get though. It just seems to KNOW what you want and keep it from you.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Thought I'd try the Falcon now they've upped the damage again.

Half my grenades disappeared, leaving my Soldier to take on silver with the default pistol and longer cooldowns.

Not fun.

Still junk. What made it good in the first place was its crowd control. The only way to bring that back is to back off on the RoF nerf. As a purely damage weapon it isn't worth the trade-offs.

If assault rifles were buffed any more, it would make the class that's designed to use them slightly OP-ed. As it is, a Turian Soldier with a Revenant and armor damage mod will DESTROY a Gold Atlas' armor in 1 clip if the shields are down. Imagine if they gave any of them a big boost?

I'd agree if the other classes weren't OP as well. The game isn't very "balanced" so you might as well have a soldier class that can be as OP as a Salarian Engineer or a stasis bubbling Asari.

Woo-Fu

Banned
The only way SMGs or even a secondary would be useful is if gold had half the ammo boxes and only allowed you to resupply once a round or something.

Even then I would just burn a consumable and keep trucking lol

There are occasions when the high RoF of an SMG makes it a useful secondary weapon. Tempest actually does pretty good damage. There are times when I find it easier to switch to the SMG instead of reloading the Carnifex. Good for cleaning up swarmers, lol.

The first round I went into with the nerfed Falcon I was very happy I had the Tempest as well, muahahaha, talk about a "in case of emergency, break glass" moment.

Mindlog

I'm not sure I would call reducing ammo capacity by up to 50% for the increased damage a buff, especially with the shield mechanic on Gold.
Never used it in Gold. My favorite Gold Infiltrator is Salarian and I want the rifle to fire immediately after ED. I did play a round with it on Silver and the base clip size is pretty comical.

Does ANYONE use the SMG? I don't understand their reason for existing. :(
I use the Tempest as much as a pistol on my Human Sentinel. The high RoF, deep clip and short-range accuracy works fantastic with aggressive play. I can easily dominate Silver matches. Gold is a little harder thanks to the combination of conservative play and (when I'm lucky) better players.

I picked an SMG at random from my vast collection of crappy unwanted guns I get from Spectre packs, I think it was the Locust, and it was absolutely incapable of doing anything worthwhile.
Easily the worst SMG. I don't understand why it exists. It's accurate, but it doesn't do any damage. If an SMG needs a scope you're better off with a pistol.

X-Frame

I got kicked from a Geth Gold game just now because I had a Geth Plasma Shotgun as my only weapon, and "Salarian Infiltrators only use sniper rifles".

Love this game.

SaberVulcan

So I just messed around with this for the first time. I got a Turian Soldier as my first non-human, and since I hate humans I decided to roll with it. My first impressions are that adepts are absurdly powerful, I would sit there emptying all my bullets into someone to get a kill, then I see an Adept just blow him up in 2 spells in ~2 seconds.

Or maybe its just because I was like, level 5.

Everything is viable on gold as long as you and your team are decent. (except Turians, Turians suck lol).

I ended up doing Silver stuff with 3 level 20s and me, a level 9 Soldier, and they knew I was a noobie so they didnt give me shit for not doing much, but the first advice I was given was 'Turian Soldiers fucking suck, even Human is better' xD.

From what I understand you barely even use weapons in higher level games, just spam abilities. I should probably mess with Engineer or Adept then eh?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Soldiers sucks, that's all. I'm playing my Battlefield 3 soldier to get this class to 20 and it sucks compared to everything else. Guns and grenades, nothing else. So much fun...

I've been meaning to post this for a while: If any 360 players want to play with a pretty darn decent player, add me: CooTagBro.

I usually play most nights. Just let me know you wanna play ME3 in your friend request. :)

RyanDG

And yet that's what the large majority of ME1/ME2 players played according to Bioware's feedback system.

Unbelievable :(

I'm trying to struggle through playing as a soldier in multiplayer to get it to level 20 with the rest of them... However I'm having so little fun that I'm thinking about just spamming recruit packs hoping to get the XP necessary to level up from 17-20 via the character unlocks.

Now if I had a Krogan Soldier things would be different but that's the one character I haven't unlocked yet.

X-Frame

Isn't Infiltrator with a Shotgun like... the bee's knees?

Definitely.

Being able to charge the GPS, cloak, and then release it a foot away from an enemy is not too shabby. I suppose all Salarian Infiltrators need a Mantis/Widow, cloaking then Energy Drain, then firing a shot -- rinse and repeat. No alterations.

Serious

Krogan Soldier is actually pretty fun to play. I play mine with a Widow, GPS, and full melee talents, maxing out everything and skipping Carnage altogether, and he's a pretty versatile Silver character. I can pick off guys with headshots, and when it's appropriate, charge into the fray and wreck havoc. Once raged up, I can one shot almost anything on silver besides elite mobs and some of the smaller guys like Ravagers, Pyros and Phantoms, and the latter two get staggered enough where the second hit is easy and safe. Inferno Grenades are fun to use on groups. The GPS is great up to a certain point, then the Widow destroys everything past that. It's not a character I want to take into Gold, but neither do I want or need to. The gameplay is fun and varied enough on Silver.

Turian Soldiers on the other hand...it can be summed up as "Press 1 and hold down the Revenant". That's basically all it really can do. What would've helped the class is if Marksman had an evolution to allow an extra power to be used, as AR does, but nope. And even though Marksman + Turian has great synergy with the Revenant, it still doesn't make it interesting or fun.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
And yet that's what the large majority of ME1/ME2 players played according to Bioware's feedback system.

Unbelievable :(

Soldiers seems kinda rare on multiplayer(at least, its not very popular from all the groups ive been with), maybe people are starting to realize they should ignore that class completely.

Mupod

Best team ever.

iHV9FS4CrOgz5.jpg

We actually cleared with a full extraction, although it took a while because of Banshees.

GSR

Got the N7 Paladin, decided to take it for a test run with my Krogan Sentinel solo to see what kind of damage it put out, wound up soloing the map without even going down. Granted, it was Cerberus on Bronze, but still immensely satisfying.

Just finished two wave 10 Gold Matches. Felt pretty awesome. Sure, we didn't technically finish the match, but we were all level 20 characters, so the money was all that really mattered.

Bought a couple of Spectre packs and STILL haven't unlocked the Carnifex/Paladin. Ugh! But I did get the Scorpion pistol. Sigh....

4 spectre packs opened today - Krogan Soldier, Krogan Sentinel, Drell Vanguard and Salarian Infiltrator. I don't even like the first 3 classes :\. Wanted a Carnifex or a good sniper rifle :(

Should have just dumped all the money into jumbo equipment packs.

Top Bottom