• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

I've been meaning to ask. Does Stasis Bubble + Charge w/ Radius kick out multiple explosions?

I'm guessing no to that situation... but say there were two Warp-ed enemies next to each other and that same Vanguard hits both? I *think* in that situation there would be two detonations.

Am I missing something with the multiplayer because I always do horrible. Been playing for a few days with my level 16 Human Infiltrator and level 8 Asari Adept and I always come in last with half the points as the third guy and one time, I only came in with about 9K.

I'm not sure what the deal is because I don't even play that bad compared to some others I've seen dieing every 3 minutes. Is it my weapons or not constantly rushing towards mobs blindly?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Am I missing something with the multiplayer because I always do horrible. Been playing for a few days with my level 16 Human Infiltrator and level 8 Asari Adept and I always come in last with half the points as the third guy and one time, I only came in with about 9K.

I'm not sure what the deal is because I don't even play that bad compared to some others I've seen dieing every 3 minutes. Is it my weapons or not constantly rushing towards mobs blindly?

Points are only counted by kills and assists as far as i know, so if you spend most of the time in cover or running without attacking something at every chances you've got, you will end up pretty far behind the others.

I use my weapons as much as i can, i use my abilities as much as i can, and i often end up being #1 or #2 in total points. Look for enemies, dont let them come to you either, i guess it also helps that i have headphones, so i know in which corner they're hiding most of the time thanks to surround sound.

alexel

As an adept, are you constantly tossing warp/throw everytime they're up and triggering biotic explosions whenever you can? The asari adept is the highest scoring class from my experience so far but maybe it's a bit weaker at lvl8.

The human infiltrator really isn't that great so that could explain some of the lower scores, but are you always cloaked whenever it's up? I forget what other abilities the human engineers have but I'm constantly firing up cloak, then energy drain -> sniper with my salarian infiltrator. I'm not sure how much weaker the human is since I've never played him but I'm sure there are big aspects of your game that can be improved if you're really coming in with about 9k points.

If you're looking for more visual guides, you can look up a few youtube videos of people playing the class you want. Usually watching the gold speed runs with the class you want are a good guide if you're having trouble.

Mindlog

So. The Javelin got a tiny buff.
Falcon Assault Rifle
- Damage increased from [215.0-268.8] to [279.2-349.0]

Javelin Sniper Rifle
- Damage increased from [795.0-993.7] to [1030.5-1288.1]
- Encumbrance increased from [2.5-2.0] to [3.0-2.4]
- Max spare ammo decreased from [9-19] to [5-15]

Wraith Shotgun
- Damage increased from [83.1-103.9] to [89.5-111.9]

Paladin Heavy Pistol
- Damage increased from [350.9-438.7] to [389.9-487.4]
- Encumbrance increased from [1.0-0.5] to [1.5-0.9]

Talon Heavy Pistol
- Damage increased from [72.1-90.1] to [86.5-108.1]

Geth Assault Rifle
- Encumbrance decreased from [1.5-0.9] to [1.0-0.5]

Lift Grenade Power
- Increased base damage from 450 to 500

Total levels across all characters i think, including promotes that reset your classes lvls.
Also, promoting gives you +10 N7 points.

Kyoufu

I prefer the sound effect of Charge from ME2 instead. Sounded so good.

ME3's sound effect is extremely poor in comparison.

Kyoufu

Should I go pistols on asari vanguard with the weight reduction?

I don't think so. Better to use a hard hitting weapon to take advantage of the stun from Stasis. That way you can do big damage easily.

May as well play Human if you want to use a pistol, IMO.

Cobra84

I guess Bioware just doesn't get why assault rifles and smgs suck. The Geth pulse rifle isn't rarely used because it is too heavy; it is because it doesn't do enough damage. Why expose yourself to enemy fire to do 1000 damage (and almost nothing against armor) when you can do it in one shot?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I don't think so. Better to use a hard hitting weapon to take advantage of the stun from Stasis. That way you can do big damage easily.

May as well play Human if you want to use a pistol, IMO.

I should go so go extra damage in stasis, recharge and bubble. Do I go for power damage or weapon damage on asari justicar? And do I bother with lift nades?

_woLf

Beginning to lose hope of ever getting an Asari Adept.

Got a shitty shotgun and a Krogan Soldier from two Spectre packs. Seems like the game is trying to tell me something.

Firebrand

Anyone having trouble connecting?

Yeah, for a while I couldn't join my friend's game, was stuck at "Joining game" and had to kill the process a few times.

And just now I got a "Lost connection to Mass Effect servers" just as we were about to finish wave 10. :| No credits for you! Never mind that it's not even using dedicated servers for gameplay, we'll just boot you out to the main menu regardless...

I guess Bioware just doesn't get why assault rifles and smgs suck. The Geth pulse rifle isn't rarely used because it is too heavy; it is because it doesn't do enough damage. Why expose yourself to enemy fire to do 1000 damage (and almost nothing against armor) when you can do it in one shot?

I don't mind using my Avenger X on my Engineer (mostly because it gives me 200% recharge). But for the most part, yes, assault rifles really aren't that great outside of classes that make them work (Turian Soldier being one, obviously).

But I will say this: I *NEVER* use SMGs. Ever. So, if anything, I think those weapons are the worst in the game.

With that in mind, guess what free N7 gun I got a couple weekends ago? Yep, the Hurricane. *facepalm*

What's with the assault rifles hate? I love the Mattock.

Low DPS and/or it exposes you to too much fire.

Massively increased risk, and you don't get rewarded in the slightest for it. Plus most of them require an attachment just to function as the recoil is horrendous.

It's also weak against defenses, particularly armor.

Compare it to using a shotgun, a hand-cannon pistol, or a sniper rifle.

Mupod

Does ANYONE use the SMG? I don't understand their reason for existing. :(

I tried to use one on my Drell Adept today because they made my Paladin too heavy to use now. I figured it'd be decent for stripping shields off Silver-level enemies at least.

NEVER AGAIN. I picked an SMG at random from my vast collection of crappy unwanted guns I get from Spectre packs, I think it was the Locust, and it was absolutely incapable of doing anything worthwhile. In the time it took to plink away a Rocket Trooper's shields I could have outright killed 3 of them with my paladin, just using headshots.

So now I need respec, and then hope for 3-4 more drops of an ultra-rare weapon. Or find some Carnifexes. Not a huge deal atm since I'm not going to be using him until I figure out what's going on with this weekend's event, as he's at level 20 and ready for promotion.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Hell, if they just kept things like they did in ME2 (SMGs and certain ARs melting shields like butter), then my complaints would go out the window.

I'd say go with one of the lighter pistols as a secondary. Even the default one at rank 10 does fairly decent damage whilst being quite accurate and having a good rate of fire. Weighs practically nothing too.

eek5

The only way SMGs or even a secondary would be useful is if gold had half the ammo boxes and only allowed you to resupply once a round or something.

Even then I would just burn a consumable and keep trucking lol

Firebrand

Just had the weirdest desync issue. I couldn't damage enemies, nor could I take damage. Couldn't revive teammates either. The weird thing is that I could block enemies from moving, and occasionally they'd try to melee me. When doing the upload objective it said "4 players uploading" too.

I'm guessing from the perspective of the other players I was just standing AFK somewhere else.

Low DPS and/or it exposes you to too much fire.

Massively increased risk, and you don't get rewarded in the slightest for it. Plus most of them require an attachment just to function as the recoil is horrendous.

It's also weak against defenses, particularly armor.

Compare it to using a shotgun, a hand-cannon pistol, or a sniper rifle.

Carnifex + Salarian Engineer = Domination. Rack up a ton of assists and kills.

Assault rifles are pure ass. I've used the Geth Pulse Rifle, the Avenger, etc; nothing useful. My 1 shot Carnifex, Mantis X, or Geth Shotty is much more useful. The low DPS is useless at higher difficulty.

It makes sense that they buffed the damage for the Talon. Because as it was before, it was always better to choose the Carnifex over the Talon. Carnifex was lighter, more accurate, less recoil, slightly faster fire rate, and mostly did about the same damage all considered.

Alucrid

Banned
Carnifex + Salarian Engineer = Domination. Rack up a ton of assists and kills.

Assault rifles are pure ass. I've used the Geth Pulse Rifle, the Avenger, etc; nothing useful. My 1 shot Carnifex, Mantis XJavelin, or Geth Shotty is much more useful. The low DPS is useless at higher difficulty.

fixed

wait

wtf

they made the javelin heavier? ffsssss

If assault rifles were buffed any more, it would make the class that's designed to use them slightly OP-ed. As it is, a Turian Soldier with a Revenant and armor damage mod will DESTROY a Gold Atlas' armor in 1 clip if the shields are down. Imagine if they gave any of them a big boost?

Edit: After playing with the M-99 Saber, not sure how I like it. I would like it more if it functioned like the M-14 in MW3. Quick Semi-auto, high damage, high precision (which is good and bad). A slow RoF like that is lame on Gold.

Cobra84

If assault rifles were buffed any more, it would make the class that's designed to use them slightly OP-ed. As it is, a Turian Soldier with a Revenant and armor damage mod will DESTROY a Gold Atlas' armor in 1 clip if the shields are down. Imagine if they gave any of them a big boost?

It can't be anymore overpowered than biotic explosions every few seconds, turning invisible, or making every enemy shoot at a hologram.

Assault rifles need to be good on their own. Weapon boosting powers can be adjusted to compensate. Having a gold level gun like the Revenant only be useable on 1/19 classes is just unacceptable.

It can't be anymore overpowered than biotic explosions every few seconds, turning invisible, or making every enemy shoot at a hologram.

Assault rifles need to be good on their own. Weapon boosting powers can be adjusted to compensate. Having a gold level gun like the Revenant only be useful on 1/19 classes is just unacceptable.

That's fair. I can agree with this.

I wouldn't mind a more viable soldier class that can do more flexible things in Gold runs, especially with awesome Assault Rifles.

Serious

I guess smgs are only good as a secondary that adds NO WEIGHT

Like for sniper classes

Actually, the Lightweight Materials mod is bugged and doesn't actually do anything. It'll change the power cooldown % on the weapon loadout screen, but it doesn't actually change the cooldown of anything.

rozay

Banned
Levelled a soldier to 20, what a fucking boring class. (haven't gotten a krogan soldier so I'll label him an exception, though I feel like the Sentinel would still be better) Running around with a revenant and a level 5 clip extension isn't nearly as fun as it should be.

Actually, the Lightweight Materials mod is bugged and doesn't actually do anything. It'll change the power cooldown % on the weapon loadout screen, but it doesn't actually change the cooldown of anything.

I think that's only for levels I and V though, right?

Top Bottom