• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

The Jumbo Equipment Packs are pretty damn awesome -- I just got 7 Medi-gels from one pack (1 +5 and 1 +2).

I think I'm going to buy a bunch of these before they expire just so I can stock up on all my equipment and not have to worry about consumables for a while. Which is already the case, really -- have over 80 thermal clip packs and over 30 of the others! :D

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
The Jumbo Equipment Packs are pretty damn awesome -- I just got 7 Medi-gels from one pack (1 +5 and 1 +2).

I think I'm going to buy a bunch of these before they expire just so I can stock up on all my equipment and not have to worry about consumables for a while. Which is already the case, really -- have over 80 thermal clip packs and over 30 of the others! :D

I really need more medigels and missiles, so that pack would be great, but at the same time i really want an Asari Adept and krogan classes... decisions decisions.

HildyB

Yeah... I didn't want to but I've been PUGing with knuckleheads a lot this week so far and running low. It's jsut so tempting to "one more round" to get the credit for another spectre pack though..

I really need more medigels and missiles, so that pack would be great, but at the same time i really want an Asari Adept and krogan classes... decisions decisions.

If I were you, I'd at least get a couple Jumbo packs before they expire next week. Hell, just buying one will almost guarantee you get at least 5 (if not more) of all 4 consumables.

Better to take advantage of the pack now then blow your credits on Spectre packs and get crap, only to also have a dwindling supply of consumables after the fact.

SaberVulcan

Messing around with Drell Adept now, any suggestions on what specializations to get? Mainly for Reave, since its my bread and butter to spam on everything. I feel for it's last point I should have gotten the +damage/defense instead of bonus to armor/barrier, but unsure.

Also, does Pull on Reave not produce any Biotic combo?

Messing around with Drell Adept now, any suggestions on what specializations to get? Mainly for Reave, since its my bread and butter to spam on everything. I feel for it's last point I should have gotten the +damage/defense instead of bonus to armor/barrier, but unsure.

Also, does Pull on Reave not produce any Biotic combo?

LOL! That's like asking if a Krogan can do a heavy melee. Um, Pull/Reeve is the main attack for a Drell Adept. Also the quicker Biotic explosion in a game.

Basically, put all your points into Pull/Reeve and do what you want with the rest.

SaberVulcan

LOL! That's like asking if a Krogan can do a heavy melee. Um, Pull/Reeve is the main attack for a Drell Adept. Also the quicker Biotic explosion in a game.

Basically, put all your points into Pull/Reeve and do what you want with the rest.

I know that Reave on Pull produced a Biotic explosion, I gathered that quickly. When I use Pull on a Reaved target, is there no bonus explosion or anything? Or are you just implying that watching flying people with their health draining is amazing? :)

I know that Reave on Pull produced a Biotic explosion, I gathered that quickly. When I use Pull on a Reaved target, is there no bonus explosion or anything? Or are you just implying that watching flying people with their health draining is amazing? :)

Pull on Reave won't explode. Reave on Pull will.

Not every ability can detonate; some can only be used to start a combo. And some can trigger both.

How much are the Jumbo packs and what do you get in them?

33k credits or 120 Bioware points. You get 10 equipment items (medi-gels/rockets/weapon mods etc.) and no chance of a weapon or class. Each of the 10 items can have multiples of a particular equipment type so for example, you can get 5 rockets, 3 medi-gels, 5 health packs and 7 other unique items.

Kyoufu

General rule of thumb: Crowd control -> Damage = Biotic Detonation

X-Frame

I have 40 medi-gels and over 100 rockets, then 150 thermal clips and ops packs. I've been playing mostly Silver so haven't needed many, though I'm sure I'd need more medi-gels for when I start playing more on Gold.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Due to the premium packs last week not being generous with consumables, I found that this weekend I had no medi-gels at all - which coincided with me starting to play on Gold.

Pretty sure I have become so cautious at playing as result, that I find the equipment jumbo pack being this week's special back to be a waste.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
33k credits or 120 Bioware points. You get 10 equipment items (medi-gels/rockets/weapon mods etc.) and no chance of a weapon or class. Each of the 10 items can have multiples of a particular equipment type so for example, you can get 5 rockets, 3 medi-gels, 5 health packs and 7 other unique items.
Man, that's sounds much better than the previous pack.

I miss the Premium Veteran Pack, I liked that one.

Tried out my Asari Vanguard for the first time last night. Wow. Stasis Bubble is amazing with a scoped Carnifex modded with +25% damage. The only real problem I've got with the Asari Vanguard is that she can't do much versus real heavy opponents. I see what all the fuss is about with the Asari Adept, as she's got more useful 2nd and 3rd powers than does the Vanguard.

Also, she seems much better against Cerberus than anything else. They don't really have any armored opponents to speak of (outside the Atlas and Turrets), which means she can Stasis Bubble nearly everything.

Omega

Banned
I have 40 medi-gels and over 100 rockets, then 150 thermal clips and ops packs. I've been playing mostly Silver so haven't needed many, though I'm sure I'd need more medi-gels for when I start playing more on Gold.

I have 10 rockets and over 70 medigels. Wish we could trade because I never use my medigels.

I play by myself most of the time and I find myself using rockets all the time against banshees and stuff because apparently no one has any idea how to kill them.

Although lately I haven't cared and just let my teammates die, and then I clutch it.

I played a real reckless Asari Vanguard. Doubt it would work on Gold but on Silver I was putting in work. Made short work of Geth Primes with a biotic charge, dash out, two shotgun blasts, biotic charge and just repeated. Same with Banshees and Atlases.

Bazza

I have 10 rockets and over 70 medigels. Wish we could trade because I never use my medigels.

I play by myself most of the time and I find myself using rockets all the time against banshees and stuff because apparently no one has any idea how to kill them.

Although lately I haven't cared and just let my teammates die, and then I clutch it.

I tend to be quite quick rezing team mates but last night i found my self in a group with a bunch of douche bags camping the start point with sniper rifles and not helping out with objectives, so i took a great amount of enjoyment watching them bleedout after going down then finishing on my own. I dont know if they were noobs or just idiots but they didn't even make it to the extraction point even though they were camping the area 10m away.

After a successful silver run, got kicked from a lobby for "kill stealing". In a co-op game. Where everyone gets the same xp and money at the end.

After a successful silver run, got kicked from a lobby for "kill stealing". In a co-op game. Where everyone gets the same xp and money at the end.

LOL! Who gives a shit? What class were you, btw?

Most of the time, I couldn't care less where I rank. Hell, last night I got dead last in a Wave 10 Gold match, but it didn't matter to me 'cause I got the credits! And that's all I care about!

I was leveling up my Sentinel, level 18 during the match. The 2 guys who got pissed were playing Vanguards, flying around all over the map with biotic charges and novas. I guess they weren't getting enough kills because I was 'kill stealing' with my sniper rifle. I was just playing normally :\

Who gives a damn who gets the killing blow anyway.

HildyB

LOL! Who gives a shit? What class were you, btw?

Most of the time, I couldn't care less where I rank. Hell, last night I got dead last in a Wave 10 Gold match, but it didn't matter to me 'cause I got the credits! And that's all I care about!

My Vangard glitched in round 8 and I was useless for 3 rounds stuck outside the map on a Silver run. Happy to report the folks I PUGed with were good and good sports about it. Played some Angry Birds while they cleaned up the last couple rounds :p

Bisnic

I was leveling up my Sentinel, level 18 during the match. The 2 guys who got pissed were playing Vanguards, flying around all over the map with biotic charges and novas. I guess they weren't getting enough kills because I was 'kill stealing' with my sniper rifle. I was just playing normally :\

Who gives a damn who gets the killing blow anyway.

They're probably idiots who still havent figured how that your total points are meaningless. Heck, a guy who waste his time killing tons of geths rather than hacking devices or defending the guy doing it or not standing in a "hacked in progress" zone could end up with more points than people who actually know how objectives work.

Bought 4 Spectre packs last night. Got 2 Krogan sentinels in a row. Nothing else. Shit is lame. And I had all appearance options unlocked before that.

They need to address this. It's getting to the point I don't want to play any more.

Bought 4 Spectre packs last night. Got 2 Krogan sentinels in a row. Nothing else. Shit is lame. And I had all appearance options unlocked before that.

They need to address this. It's getting to the point I don't want to play any more.

If you have all weapons or mod, you don't get them right ?

So if you have all appereance for a character, you should not unlock it anymore

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If you have all weapons or mod, you don't get them right ?

So if you have all appereance for a character, you should not unlock it anymore
Apparently you still can get EXP Character training cards.

Only mods and weapons stop appearing.

Also, I'm kind calling bullshit on the "spam recruit packs" strategy. With many of my weapons and mods getting maxed out or getting close to it, my odds of uncommons or higher are not increasing. What would be a regular common item is just getting replaced with more consumables. :/

X-Frame

That's the point. You should not.

Agreed.

The problem though is once we max all Common Weapons / Mods / Characters, we've only get Uncommon unlocks which make Veteran packs pointless.

An easy remedy is to make it so that instead of "Common unlocks or higher" it's just Common unlocks. So when you max all Commons, recruit packs only contain consumables and amps.

Same would apply for Veteran packs once all Uncommoms are unlocked -- though you'd get a better value of consumables and better amps.

meSchnitzel

Neo Member
I ventured into Silver with my salarian engineer and loved it, but a Mantis just isnt cutting it for me. Some days I'm right on with the head shots, other days its more a chest shot day and the Mantis 1x shot reload just doesnt work as well for me in the harder difficulties... Saving up for Spectre packs for a Black Widow... one day.... one day haha

Decided to try out Turian Sentinel and I have to say it took me some time to not need the Armor on constantly but once I got used to using it for only certain situations I actually do really well with Overload and Warp. I think the AR is still fits my playstyle the best. I think it says something to play with 3 human Vanguards on Bronze and still get 2nd place score only 10k away from first and at least 10k more than 3rd. felt good.

I did get the Falcon in a pack and plan on messing around with it on my Krogan Sentinel

Cheech

I ventured into Silver with my salarian engineer and loved it, but a Mantis just isnt cutting it for me. Some days I'm right on with the head shots, other days its more a chest shot day and the Mantis 1x shot reload just doesnt work as well for me in the harder difficulties... Saving up for Spectre packs for a Black Widow... one day.... one day haha

Decided to try out Turian Sentinel and I have to say it took me some time to not need the Armor on constantly but once I got used to using it for only certain situations I actually do really well with Overload and Warp. I think the AR is still fits my playstyle the best. I think it says something to play with 3 human Vanguards on Bronze and still get 2nd place score only 10k away from first and at least 10k more than 3rd. felt good.

I did get the Falcon in a pack and plan on messing around with it on my Krogan Sentinel

My Salarian Engineer with Carnifex/scope/barrel is a beast.

Bisnic

Is it better to get as many mods upgrades as possible from recruit packs before saving 60k for spectre ones? I could buy 12 recruit packs instead of 1 spectre pack!

Cat Party

Apparently you still can get EXP Character training cards.

Only mods and weapons stop appearing.

Also, I'm kind calling bullshit on the "spam recruit packs" strategy. With many of my weapons and mods getting maxed out or getting close to it, my odds of uncommons or higher are not increasing. What would be a regular common item is just getting replaced with more consumables. :/

Yeah, I don't think the strategy is worth it if you're trying to increase your chances of uncommon and rare items. But it does give you high level common mods and weapons, which IMO are very useful, especially if you want weapons with reduced weight for your cool down bonus.

EekTheKat

Interesting, an Asari Vanguard sniper can sort of work out. Grenades are largely limited only by supply and Stasis can be specced into 30% chance of ignoring the global cooldown. Biotic charge can also have a 25% chance of not triggering a cooldown.

With a Paladin I I'm at +140 recharge speed. With a Viper VII I'm actually at +150. Conceivably with a lighter sniper rifle I'll be around 170 or so.

Asari vanguard weakness is still against barrier/armored targets, but conceivably you can equip weapons to better deal with that if you play the odds of not triggering a cooldown.

eek5

Welcome to the next N7 Multiplayer Weekend!

Last weekend our community operatives united to train a record number of new recruits. The time has come to turn these new recruits into battle-hardened veterans.

Join the war against the Reapers online between 5PM PST Friday, March 30th to 5AM PST Monday, April 2st and promote at least 2 characters to your single player campaign.

This operation includes PC and Xbox 360; due to Sony restrictions and policies, Playstation 3 eligibility is still to be determined at this point.

Commendation Packs will be awarded to individual soldiers who complete their training, and a Victory Pack will be awarded to everyone if the Allied Goal is achieved. Please note that participants need to set “Upload Gameplay Feedback” to “on” in the online options to be able to participate in Operation RAPTOR.

*Some restrictions may still apply, Operation Raptor is not open in all regions. Playstation 3 eligibility will be determined as soon as possible.

Allied Goal: Promote 150,000 characters. Victory Packs awarded to all players upon successful completion.
Individual Goal: Promote 2 characters. Commendation Pack awarded to individual players upon successful completion.

Sorry PS3. At least you got free XP!

Is it better to get as many mods upgrades as possible from recruit packs before saving 60k for spectre ones? I could buy 12 recruit packs instead of 1 spectre pack!

I think it depends. If you don't have decent guns, then the mods aren't going to do a lot for you. But if you get a good Uncommon or Rare gun you like, then by all means hit those Recruit packs hard to obtain mods.

I've lucked out and have the Carnifex, Geth Plasma Shotgun, and N7 Valiant sniper rifle, so I'm pretty comfortable with my gun selection and can now concentrate more on mods for those weapons. But if you're stuck with the weaker starting weapons, you're not going to get the same benefit from the mods.

Bisnic

Sorry PS3. At least you got free XP!

Hm, i should probably be able to promote all my classes by friday. The question is, should i bother promote more than 2 when the 150k will probably be easily achieved by everyone else?

Commendation Packs will be awarded to individual soldiers who complete their training...

So I'm guessing the Commendation Pack is the same as the last one, with a random N7 weapon out of the 4?

Also, I'd guess this doesn't stack and award you multiple Commendation Packs if you promote more than 1 set of 2 classes?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hm, i should probably be able to promote all my classes by friday. The question is, should i bother promote more than 2 when the 150k will probably be easily achieved by everyone else?
Don't you want people to see how big your N7 peen is?

eek5

So I'm guessing the Commendation Pack is the same as the last one, with a random N7 weapon out of the 4?

Also, I'd guess this doesn't stack and award you multiple Commendation Packs if you promote more than 1 set of 2 classes?

Everyone is asking if it stacks but nobody has responded yet.

Bisnic

Don't you want people to see how big your N7 peen is?

Pfft, who cares? :p If anything, it feels good to beat people in total match points with a N7 score of over 400 when i'm still in the early N7 100, while still doing the objectives like i should.

Everyone is asking if it stacks but nobody has responded yet.

Just based off how the Commendation Packs were awarded for the original N7 Challenge, I'd guess it doesn't. They were simply added to the store for the players that earned them. I can't imagine they'd be adding 3+ Commendation Packs for the people that would promote that many classes. I guess they could, but it would look a little silly.

Also, in the first N7 Challenge, you only earned one Commendation Pack, even if you beat Reapers on Silver multiple times.

Top Bottom