• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Cheech

I just promoted my engineer like a couple days ago. Shit.

I really hope that Bioware has a big MP expansion in the hopper. I could play this game for a long ass time, but it's going to die soon from lack of actual content.

Sectus

Commendation packs have the N7 weapons, right? I guess I might as well promote 2 characters. Almost all my classes are 20 anyway, and levelling up doesn't that long.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
So Ps3 players don't get the special packs? That is bullshit.
Seriously, has there even been an official statement on why this is? The blog went from stating "technical limitations" to "due to Sony policy". The 360 is more closed off, I can't imagine it being able to interact with EA's stat tracking and the PS3 not being able to.

Mupod

I've already got four characters ready for promotion, and I'd like to respec my Salarian Infiltrator, but I guess I can save them for the weekend to do my part. Or something.

Omega

Banned
I'll be promoting probably all my classes. I messed up on spec'ing certain characters that they don't work well on gold. They're good for Silver, but I'm already bored of it.

If I get another Hurricane I'm going to kill someone. Most useless weapon ever, I don't see why they though it was a good idea to add a gun that bad. It has NO perks at all.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I just promoted my engineer like a couple days ago. Shit.

I really hope that Bioware has a big MP expansion in the hopper. I could play this game for a long ass time, but it's going to die soon from lack of actual content.

I agree with this sentiment. Game needs stimulus shot already. The MP at its core isn't very strong or full featured, so it needs that kick way earlier than other games would.

Questions for the fortunate ones that received weapons OTHER than the Hurricane: Are the other N7 weapons any good? Or what I really should say is this: Are any of them any BETTER than the Carnifex/Geth Plasma Shotgun/Widow/etc.

Questions for the fortunate ones that received weapons OTHER than the Hurricane: Are the other N7 weapons any good? Or what I really should say is this: Are any of them any BETTER than the Carnifex/Geth Plasma Shotgun/Widow/etc.

Better than those you listed? No. But I've got the N7 Valiant sniper, and it's pretty good. And people seem to like the N7 Crusader shotty as well. The N7 Eagle pistol is okay (from my use of it in single player), but not worth taking into battle over the Carnifex/Paladin/Phalanx/maybe a few others.

Look at it this way, you've got a 2 in 4 chance of getting a good gun (Valiant or Crusader), 1 in 4 chance of getting a decent gun (Eagle), and a 1 in 4 chance of getting a piece of shit (Hurricane). Considering how difficult it can be to get a Carnifex/Geth Plasma Shotgun/Widow/etc. through the random unlock system, it's probably worth the cost.

Omega

Banned

Nothing is better than the Geth Plasma Shotgun.

Valiant is good. It's like a Mantis but has 3 shots so it's like the Widow vs Black Widow. Mantis does more damage, but Valiant gives you more shots.

N7 Eagle is an automatic pistol. Not much recoil, but nowhere near as good as a Carnifex/Paladin.

Better than those you listed? No. But I've got the N7 Valiant sniper, and it's pretty good. And people seem to like the N7 Crusader shotty as well. The N7 Eagle pistol is okay (from my use of it in single player), but not worth taking into battle over the Carnifex/Paladin/Phalanx/maybe a few others.

Look at it this way, you've got a 2 in 4 chance of getting a good gun (Valiant or Crusader), 1 in 4 chance of getting a decent gun (Eagle), and a 1 in 4 chance of getting a piece of shit (Hurricane). Considering how difficult it can be to get a Carnifex/Geth Plasma Shotgun/Widow/etc. through the random unlock system, it's probably worth the cost.

Cool! I really hope I get the Sniper Rifle and/or the pistol. Way too pleased with my Geth Plasma Shotgun to stop using it.

Valiant is good. It's like a Mantis but has 3 shots so it's like the Widow vs Black Widow. Mantis does more damage, but Valiant gives you more shots.

N7 Eagle is an automatic pistol. Not much recoil, but nowhere near as good as a Carnifex/Paladin.

If we're talking purely shotguns, I definitely agree with that statement.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
If we're talking purely shotguns, I definitely agree with that statement.

The GPS is damned good because it doesn't act like a shotgun.

I've still got love for the Claymore and Crusader though. Even the Disciple (one of the most underrated guns in the game imo).

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

I've still got love for the Claymore and Crusader though. Even the Disciple (one of the most underrated guns in the game imo).

I like the Disciple for my Vanguard, its rather light weight compared to other shotguns helps with cooldowns.

meSchnitzel

Neo Member

Totally depends on your playstyle I say. I've been really enjoying the Claymore on my Krogan Sentinel.

nel e nel

Yeah, I don't think the strategy is worth it if you're trying to increase your chances of uncommon and rare items. But it does give you high level common mods and weapons, which IMO are very useful, especially if you want weapons with reduced weight for your cool down bonus.

Yeah, that's the caveat for the recruit pack strategy. You spam them when you're just starting out to level up all the common weapons/characters, then you move on to the veteran and spectre packs. You don't want to waste money on those high level packs only to get an upgrade to your starting weapons. It also beefs up your equipment so you don't have to really worry about those.

Omega

Banned

Disciple is great. I'm convinced it's mandatory for an Asari Vanguard.

Let's you keep a pretty good recharge rate and does great damage. I wouldn't use it on any other class or character though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Geth Plasma Shotgun is fantastic. I just don't understand why everyone runs around charging it. What a colossal waste of ammo for not that much damage or versatility.

Kenaras

Nice, I didn't realize there was an updated version posted.

At a glance though, I can see that the Sustained DPS stats for Heavy Pistols are wrong. Heavy Pistols are awesome, but they're not quite that awesome. (Spreadsheet is incorrectly using the Burst DPS formula, probably because the Reload Duration stat is missing entirely.) I see a couple other errors as well.

You get three shots though, so it all depends on your ability to get headshots.

I don't miss. That's why I prefer Viper for now rather than Mantis. Mantis is just not fast enough, even if way lighter.

I can land 6 head shot straight in less that 4 seconds with the Viper. I love Valiant in SP too.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I unlocked the GPS recently but I haven't even used it. What mods work best with it?
Choke + Damage.

I don't miss. That's why I prefer Viper for now rather than Mantis. Mantis is just not fast enough, even if way lighter.

I can land 6 head shot straight in less that 4 seconds with the Viper. I love Valiant in SP too.
I don't have a Black Widow, so I haven't really had a chance to choose. lol

I unlocked the GPS recently but I haven't even used it. What mods work best with it?

I use damage and accuracy, but that's because those are the only shotgun mods I have (except for the melee mod). If you're running with the GPS as your only gun, then spare thermal clips would be good, as it only carries 15 shots without the mod.

koji

Guys, what`s the trick to get into a game with a friend on PC? Been trying all night but can`t get it to work... Like a 360 party basically, we invite eachother but it just keeps `joining game` but never joins.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I find it almost depressing that multiplayer is so fun. I'd buy the game for MP alone. I mean it's certainly not the best thing every but it's fun.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Quick matches are weird(on PC anyway). Sometime the game can search forever for a lobby. But if i just cancel the search, quickly head back to the character menu and return to search games right after that, i can find a group in 2 secs. What the hell?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Guys, what`s the trick to get into a game with a friend on PC? Been trying all night but can`t get it to work... Like a 360 party basically, we invite eachother but it just keeps `joining game` but never joins.

No idea. When me and mates play, if I'm hosting, I'll just start a match set to private, and my buddy will join the game via my name on Origin (no invite, just right click -> join game). His buddy then does the same to him once he is in the game, and we're good to go.

Sectus

I got the N7 shotgun and I'm honestly not sure how it's supposed to be used. The accuracy is absolutely absurd, it's pretty much as accurate as a sniper rifle and the damage is pretty high. But it's got maximum weight. I just don't see which class could utilize something like that.

I just got a cryo explosion after tossing a grenade...

Uh ?

Also, I would love a panel with all the medals I have and the one I didn't unlock yet, with progression, items unlock, weapons & maps stats, etc... you know, like any online shooter does

Top Bottom