• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

no angel

Rank 1 can occasionally be useful for staggering stuff. Sometimes handy against Guardians as a Human Vanguard. At least it staggers more than in the demo.
Yup, shockwave's great for flipping a guardian's shields for an easy headshot bu that's literally all it's good for.

I have a question, why do I see people casting the engineer's combat drone halfway across the map when the most I can mange is about a foot in front of me. Is there a trick to it I haven't mastered?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I love shockwave. :(

It's not the most useful power, but it completely shuts down husks which I hate. You can also whittle away at people through walls, the power recharges quickly for easily spamming.

Yup, shockwave's great for flipping a guardian's shields for an easy headshot bu that's literally all it's good for.

I have a question, why do I see people casting the engineer's combat drone halfway across the map when the most I can mange is about a foot in front of me. Is there a trick to it I haven't mastered?

Aim at an enemy far away and then use the drone, it'll go there. It just pops up nearby if you hit the button otherwise.

no angel

I love shockwave. :(

It's not the most useful power, but it completely shuts down husks which I hate. You can also whittle away at people through walls, the power recharges quickly for easily spamming.

Aim at an enemy far away and then use the drone, it'll go there. It just pops up nearby if you hit the button otherwise.

Lol that simple eh? Thanks!

Also I had no idea shockwave propagated through walls.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Even 1 Phantom can be a Hell without Asari and Stasis.

One phantom is only a problem if you've got noobs on your team. Then you end up with a pile of bodies. I just make it my job to hunt phantoms from the start if we have them. They're pretty easy to kill, particularly if you've got a weapon that will shoot through cover.

The key is to use your ears. Shoot at them from range, they'll stick to cover on the way to you making for easier headshot opportunities. If you have instant-hits like energy drain or overload they're even easier.

It is when there are four of them on my screen at once that I start getting scared, lol.

Kunohara

Bought three spectre packs last night. Only good thing I ended up with was an Asari Adept (My highest char has been a lvl 16 human adept), and a +1 to ops carrying capacity, so I'm quite happy with that. Just need to get a Drell adept now. I love playing Adept's. Something about making a biotic explosion, and the sound effect it makes is really satisfying. Now I'm gonna Stasis the shit out of guys and make it 10x easier for my team (I always play randoms).

I actually had a really good team last night on silver. Guys would always go for objectives, we stuck together, it was great. After our 3rd or 4th game, right on wave 10, I fucking disconnect from the servers. So fucking pissed off.

SIlver, against reaper. One human sentinel, on quarian infiltrator, one human afk and my human adept level 5.

I got 2 votekick before the round. Ended up leading the party and winning silver with 20k points leading the second scoring. What do you mean, wrong class/level ?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
My soldier is 18...so close to 20 and to stop playing this boring class, unless i get a krogan soldier someday and spam that melee button, after i get a melee build, for fun.

If there is one thing i like with my soldier, its sending a bunch of frag grenades(with improved damage and impact) on a group and seeing

Bisnic [Frag Grenade] Cannibal

Violet_0

Banned
is Incinerate a useful power against armor? I'm maxing it together with combat drone and overload on my experimental human engineer while ignoring fitness.

Dreamer RD

One phantom is only a problem if you've got noobs on your team.

Sometimes you cant tell who is noob or not. I had a lot of lv20 Asaris in squad with rank over 200 and they were worthless idiots with heavy weapons. Usually shooting Atlas while Phantoms run behind them. So retarded.
Also, Phantom's behaviour is weird. I managed to kill 4 of them + Atlas alone on Dagger, they were hiding behind cover pretty often. While on Reactor, those bitches running after you and shooting like crazy.

Dave_6

Like I posted earlier I got a Drell Adept last night (finally) out of a veteran pack. Had 30+ points to use on it so I put everything at 3 and played a few late games on bronze to try it out. Wow, those were the easiest rounds I've played yet. Never went down once and got the most XP every round; it was almost too easy. Maybe it was because I was playing Silver all night before that but it's a pretty awesome character to use. Biotic explosions everywhere FTW.

My two engineers (Human and Salarian) are still my go to class for silver though.

Nista

Looking for more people to play MP with on Origin/Xbox for the weekend event. Still getting characters ramped up.

GAF: Nista
Origin: Kyrkikree
Xbox Live: Nista

Please add me to the OT list.

Fuck people who use Shockwave right next to you when your trying to snipe.

So true. I also love the ones that put themselves right in front of you to shoot with assault rifles; bonus points if they do it right before I fire a shot.

For InfiltratorGAF, what's the consensus on the sticky grenades? My human build is 6/6/3/6/5, but I find myself using grenades as an afterthought more than anything else (although I do throw them at Brutes and other slow moving targets). While I find them useful for these kinds of enemies, most of the time I end up forgetting about them or just throwing them at frozen enemies if for some reason the sniper reload has been delayed. The question is this: is rank 6 in fitness much more useful on silver/gold to warrant a reroll or should I just stick with my current build?

Also, store packs please, stop giving me assault rifles; I just want a widow .(

Alucrid

Banned
So true. I also love the ones that put themselves right in front of you to shoot with assault rifles; bonus points if they do it right before I fire a shot.

For InfiltratorGAF, what's the consensus on the sticky grenades? My human build is 6/6/3/6/5, but I find myself using grenades as an afterthought more than anything else (although I do throw them at Brutes and other slow moving targets). While I find them useful for these kinds of enemies, most of the time I end up forgetting about them or just throwing them at frozen enemies if for some reason the sniper reload has been delayed. The question is this: is rank 6 in fitness much more useful on silver/gold to warrant a reroll or should I just stick with my current build?

Also, store packs please, stop giving me assault rifles; I just want a widow .(

I think the consensus is use Salarian.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but what's this promotion thing? Is it a thing that you do when your character gets to level 20? How do you do it? Is there any point in doing it?

It's like prestiging. Your level resets to zero. You get a new "War Asset" in single player and +10 points to your N7 rating.

In other words, the only reason to do it is to reset your powers if your build is bad.

It's like prestiging. Your level resets to zero. You get a new "War Asset" in single player and +10 points to your N7 rating.

In other words, the only reason to do it is to reset your powers if your build is bad.

I hope that my promotions count since I have yet to actually start the single player and have only played multiplayer, if all these promotions go to waste... :/

Except for this weekend, when you'll get a special Commendation Pack with an exclusive, random N7 weapon if you promote 2 characters. Details on previous pages in this thread.

You have to promote 2 characters during the event weekend. Earlier promotions won't count.

i know, what I mean is the promotion which gives assets to single player, since I have no single player started yet are they being thrown away?

reasons being I am still finishing up ME2 for a perfect run.

i know, what I mean is the promotion which gives assets to single player, since I have no single player started yet are they being thrown away?

No, not thrown away. They'll be there. They're just tied to your account anyway, not any individual game save, so they'll be there anytime you start a new game in ME3.

Man, its really hard getting those common weapon mods when you could still draw out a character card even thought I got all the customization cards for them...

Finally unlocked the Turian Soldier, and I now have all Uncommon characters (but no Rares yet). I saw some of you comment on how terrible the Turian Soldier is a few pages ago, so I thought I'd try him out to see how accurate the criticism was. Yeah... he's awful. I used the Revenant, thinking that Marksman would make it a great bullet hose. Nope. It just felt so weak. And Proximity Mine? What a worthless power! Soldier isn't a great class to begin with, but the Turian Soldier is an absolute turd.

Santiako

Finally unlocked the Turian Soldier, and I now have all Uncommon characters (but no Rares yet). I saw some of you comment on how terrible the Turian Soldier is a few pages ago, so I thought I'd try him out to see how accurate the criticism was. Yeah... he's awful. I used the Revenant, thinking that Marksman would make it a great bullet hose. Nope. It just felt so weak. And Proximity Mine? What a worthless power! Soldier isn't a great class to begin with, but the Turian Soldier is an absolute turd.

Yeah, worst character by far. Absolutely worthless.

So the week end asks me to promote two characters to have a N7 weapon ?

I'm ok with that. Time to roll out and respect some build with XP bonus galore

Edit : wait, no PS3 ?! AGAIN ?! Fuck me Bioware

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Wait, so all I have to do for a second N7 weapon is promote two classes during the event? Damn, I have three ready to go and should have the others at 20 by the weekend. Easier than a silver round with Reapers and I already have my beastly N7 Crusader.

Bank!

Also all the Turian Soldier haters deserve is a full extended Revenant magazine with armour piercing... Bah.

Also all the Turian Soldier haters deserve is a full extended Revenant magazine with armour piercing... Bah.

I used an extended magazine, but I think it's only at 40%. Don't have AR armor piercing, so I used stability instead (which seemed like an appropriate choice for the Revenant). Regardless, I don't know that anything will improve it enough to make it surpass better combos like Tactical Cloak + Sniper Rifle (N7 Valiant in my case) or Stasis + Scoped & Damage Modded Carnifex.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
I used an extended magazine, but I think it's only at 40%. Don't have AR armor piercing, so I used stability instead (which seemed like an appropriate choice for the Revenant). Regardless, I don't know that anything will improve it enough to make it surpass better combos like Tactical Cloak + Sniper Rifle (N7 Valiant in my case) or Stasis + Scoped & Damage Modded Carnifex.

That's fine. I just feel it occupies a different role to my usual shotgun infiltrator - support and assists over everything else. It's pretty satisfying covering a Vanguard's charge and impact point by taking out survivors and flanking enemies. Spraying at highly mobile mobs like Phantoms and Nemeses is usually far more effective than lining up a shotgun or sniper shot only to have them move out of the way. Concussive Shot is also a highly underrated power on a low cooldown but it becomes highly dependent on special ammo in its evolutions.

Omega

Banned
Bought three spectre packs last night. Only good thing I ended up with was an Asari Adept (My highest char has been a lvl 16 human adept), and a +1 to ops carrying capacity, so I'm quite happy with that. Just need to get a Drell adept now. I love playing Adept's. Something about making a biotic explosion, and the sound effect it makes is really satisfying. Now I'm gonna Stasis the shit out of guys and make it 10x easier for my team (I always play randoms).

I actually had a really good team last night on silver. Guys would always go for objectives, we stuck together, it was great. After our 3rd or 4th game, right on wave 10, I fucking disconnect from the servers. So fucking pissed off.

Please don't. I wish I had that Michael Scott .gif where he's screaming NO a hundred times.

Drell Adept is the most annoying character ever. I was lucky enough to never run into one until yesterday. I felt like quitting.

I will never play with another Drell Adept again. I hope he gets removed in the next update..

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Please don't. I wish I had that Michael Scott .gif where he's screaming NO a hundred times.

Drell Adept is the most annoying character ever. I was lucky enough to never run into one until yesterday. I felt like quitting.

I will never play with another Drell Adept again. I hope he gets removed in the next update..

The next update will fix the Reave's sound bug, its way better than removing him. :p

Sorry if asked before, but what would be the ideal power build for an asari adept? Starting one after reaching Lv 20 with my human vanguard (only character I've played in multi so far).

Yes, unlock a Salarian Engineer, spec at least 3 points into decoy and win games almost without effort.

QE sucks now since they nerfed the hell out of sabatoge.

I find the salarian engineer a bit tripping against cerberus (expect against phantom) and Reapers. But against Geth, it's god like

Omega

Banned
Oh well since they're fixing the sound that's fine.

I just thought they wouldn't bother or make some excuse like "technical limitations" like developers always give.

Top Bottom