• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Woorloog

Banned
Fuck (Premium) Spectre packs. I get shit like Arc Pistol and Quarin Infiltrator training (i don't play that class). I never get new weapons i want or better versions of the weapons i use.
I should stick to Veteran packs, have better luck with those than Spectre packs...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What's the best pack to buy to get Quarian or Asari or Krogan?
Krogans are gold only. Quarians and Asari are spread throughout Gold/Silver (I'm talking rarity). Right now you should only be buying Premium Spectres. If you don't have the change, Spectres.

Omega

Banned
I wonder if salarian engineer's hologram will get an aggro nerf at some point, I can see it happening due to all the firebase white farming going on.

If they nerf the Decoy then I see no point in playing this game.

As boring as Geth farming is that store system fucking sucks. I'm not going to risk a failed mission against Reapers or Cerberus just to spend my hard earned credits to unlock another character card when all my classes are level 20 and I have full customization on everyone or some other equally useless perk like one of the 30 absolutely useless guns.

Quarian Infiltrator is Uncommon, Engineer is Rare
Asari Vanguard is Uncommon, Adept is Rare
Both Krogan are Rare

Wait, Quarian Infiltrators are merely uncommon? Now I find it even more hilarious I don't have one (yet I have EVERY other race, each with almost all their customization options).

Hmm...could be because I've mostly been buying (Premium) Spectre Packs. *shrugs shoulders*

As boring as Geth farming is that store system fucking sucks. I'm not going to risk a failed mission against Reapers or Cerberus just to spend my hard earned credits to unlock another character card when all my classes are level 20 and I have full customization on everyone or some other equally useless perk like one of the 30 absolutely useless guns.

Yeah, I hope they don't nerf Firebase White just because it's a viable option to employ. Sure, it's boring and easy (I'm already getting sick of it), but I totally agree with your statement above -- I'd rather spend a quick 25 minutes knowing I'll get through Wave 10 without an issue than waste 30+ minutes on a random map with a team that may or may not get past round 3.

My goal is to max out (or at least get CLOSE to maxing out) some of my favorite weapons (Carnifex/Geth Plasma Shotgun/Valiant (I wish!)) and then try my luck on random golds. Until then, gold farming on Firebase White, it is!

On firebase white gold, how do you guys handle they hacking missions? do you have one person go out while the other stay in the room? or do you usually have a infiltrator on your team to do those missions?

Woo-Fu

Banned

Sounds like the only reason you're playing is to unlock items---which to me means there is no point in playing. If you don't actually enjoy the gameplay why do you stick around solely for unlocks? Doesn't make a bit of sense to me.

Go play a game that you actually enjoy the game and not just the metagame. :)

Ikkarus

On firebase white gold, how do you guys handle they hacking missions? do you have one person go out while the other stay in the room? or do you usually have a infiltrator on your team to do do those missions?

Make sure you have an infiltrator with you. If you don't then I would suggest just moving as a team otherwise as soon as one of you dies it's going to be rather difficult to get back up again.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Sounds like the only reason you're playing is to unlock items---which to me means there is no point in playing. If you don't actually enjoy the gameplay why do you stick around solely for unlocks? Doesn't make a bit of sense to me.

Go play a game that you actually enjoy the game and not just the metagame. :)

Yeah... if the only viable way to play Gold is by "farming" geths in a small room for 15-20 mins, i'd rather stick to Silver and play any class and actually play in a non-boring way.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Yeah... if the only viable way to play Gold is by "farming" geths in a small room for 15-20 mins, i'd rather stick to Silver and play any class and actually play in a non-boring way.

Ummm its not. Its just extremely easy. If you actually wanna play gold you need to be good with good teammates and communication.

Make sure you have an infiltrator with you. If you don't then I would suggest just moving as a team otherwise as soon as one of you dies it's going to be rather difficult to get back up again.

OK, thats what I thought. Thanks. Also how do you guys recommend specing out the Salarian Engineer's decoy?

RyanDG

I don't see them potentially nerfing decoy itself, but rather the engineer as a whole. I'm expecting that when the Decoy is out, the Salarian engineer will more than likely not be able to use their other powers (like energy drain) and that Decoys recharge rate will likely not start up until after the Decoy is already dead (unlike now which allows you to send out the Decoy, and then respam it every time it comes up which essentially allows you to have no breaks between decoys).

We'll see though.

I think that ideally though, the credits gained for maps should be a lot higher for random map/random enemy rather than just XP gain. If I got a significant increase in my credits earned by going random all the time, I'd definitely do it. I'm pretty burned out on Firebase White though, so unless people are really determined to do that one, I usually try to encourage different maps.

Cheech

On firebase white gold, how do you guys handle they hacking missions? do you have one person go out while the other stay in the room? or do you usually have a infiltrator on your team to do those missions?

I've done it by myself as a Salarian Engineer. You just have to be really careful that you plant your decoy so that the fire is drawn elsewhere and not on your position.

OK, thats what I thought. Thanks. Also how do you guys recommend specing out the Salarian Engineer's decoy?

The electro-shock perk for decoy is essential for drawing aggro. Otherwise, I think if I do it over, I'll take longevity over having the thing explode at the end of its life. On Gold, the former is more useful IMO.

And since i only play with randoms, i dont see that changing for me. :p

Just learn to screen your teammates while in the pre-game lobby. I probably finish a gold match 1 out of every 2 times now, and that's with non-communicating randoms. Just look at their level, look at everyone's class and determine whether they're all complimentary to the other players characters, see if their weapons are complimentary to their class, etc. As long as you're a good player yourself, completing gold with randoms isn't an impossible feat; it's a challenge, but definitely doable. Just look at it like this, as long as you make it to wave 6 and do the objective, you get almost as many credits as you would for doing all the waves on silver, in a little less time to boot.Some of these randoms are better than you give them credit for.

Mindlog

Nerfing Decoy doesn't do too much to GGW. I have played 4 Infiltrators. It was more entertaining, but still too easy. Even so I wouldn't mind seeing the Decoy impact cooldowns the same way tech armor does.

As soon as equipment packs return I am going back to random Gold.
I got another no-gold premium spectre pack, even better than the last. :) First was the pistol pack, now the sniper pack. Been waiting forever for Black Widow, crazy to see a Javelin in the same pack.

http://i.imgur.com/2ghN4.png
What the hell? My premium packs were doing well, but they've since gone to crap. The only recent updates I pulled are Geth Pulse Rifle, Arc Pistol and Wraith. I guess having a IX Pulse Rifle will have some comedy value if I land a Geth character this week.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Just learn to screen your teammates while in the pre-game lobby. I probably finish a gold match 1 out of every 2 times now, and that's with non-communicating randoms. Just look at their level, look at everyone's class and determine whether they're all complimentary to the other players characters, see if their weapons are complimentary to their class, etc. As long as you're a good player yourself, completing gold with randoms isn't an impossible feat; it's a challenge, but definitely doable. Just look at it like this, as long as you make it to wave 6 and do the objective, you get almost as many credits as you would for doing all the waves on silver, in a little less time to boot.Some of these randoms are better than you give them credit for.

I suppose so, since i did a lot of bronze matches recently to lvl my promoted classes, that's probably where all the noobs stays since its the only thing they can beat.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
I guess having a IX Pulse Rifle will have some comedy value if I land a Geth character this week.

I run around with a Hornet on my Vanguard.

6lspc.jpg

Mindlog

That's a good combination. My Vanguard rocked the Tempest. However, since I got my Disciple up to VI (%200) it's been too good to pass up.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
No Premium Spectre pack I do not want a Claymore upgrade in each pack.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
In 2 days they'll have to update this again. SO MANY UNLOCKS.
I hope for some of them as being uncommon at least :/

Right now I'm only missing the M-29 incisor, Disciple, and a host of Ultra Rares. Also missing a Salarian Infiltrator and Drell Vanguard but that's it when it comes to characters.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
I see you've gotten the idea of copying Cerberus look too. Unlocked Soldier Secondary color only at the moment...

I inspired people with my trooper last night. Joined a game with a Krogan, a Quarian and an Asari. Next round I was playing with 3 other Cerberus troopers. That was fun.

Samara

Damn, I miss that super pack where they gave you like 5 medigel, 10 survuval packs etc. Tried my hand at the most expensive one....got my 3rd Quarian engineer. smh

You know if they made you pay to buy a certain weapon with real life money, I would totally buy it.

First time playing seriously with an asari adept, wow bionic explosions are STRONG as fuck, amazing fun.

Damn, I miss that super pack where they gave you like 5 medigel, 10 survuval packs etc. Tried my hand at the most expensive one....got my 3rd Quarian engineer. smh

You know if they made you pay to buy a certain weapon with real life money, I would totally buy it.

I ran out of medigen today for the first time since release, now I can see why those packs are good value for money lol

Omega

Banned

I used farming because that's what I'm doing now since I want to actually unlock some better guns. I play Gold against Reapers/Cerberus but it's a lot harder since the only guns I have worth using are a GPS I and a Carnifex I. Everything else pretty much just tickles them. It's gotten real boring using the same two guns.

I don't play Silver because everyone just tries to be Rambo and that playstyle is extremely boring. I had fun clutching round after round because my teammates kept dying, but it's no longer fun or exciting. It's just a chore.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I keep feeling like I'm playing Asari Adept wrong. Takes forever for my powers to recharge to make a biotic explosion, especially if starting with Stasis. I need like a full spec to see what I'm missing out on. I finally understand the utility of Stasis though, but I guess that class just isn't my thing.

really? I have great fun on silver trying new weapon layouts and characters all the time, maybe I play it quite differently to some of you here but I still make money and have fun doing so.

I keep feeling like I'm playing Asari Adept wrong. Takes forever for my powers to recharge to make a biotic explosion, especially if starting with Stasis. I need like a full spec to see what I'm missing out on. I finally understand the utility of Stasis though, but I guess that class just isn't my thing.

go for weight on skills so you can keep 200% cooldown, it really helps.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

You dont use stasis for combos, you use warp into throw. Stasis is for locking down enemies.

What system are you on enzo?

Lima

Also for warp most people recommend specing for pierce at 6 but I would go for faster cooldown. The faster cooldown really helps.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Also for warp most people recommend specing for pierce at 6 but I would go for faster cooldown. The faster cooldown really helps.

You are mainly gonna warp big enemies, and pierce + expose helps the team a lot.

Sober

Keep cooldowns at 200% if you can (or use a power mod to decrease cd). I have a Carnifex II and it only gives me +166% CD bonus unless I spec 6/6 asari justicar.

Stasis CD is noticeably longer, so you probably should get a few headshots in before trying to throw (if you almost strip the shields it shouldn't fall out of bubble). Otherwise Warp->throw is generally more serviceable.

Can you substantially affect your single player playtgrough by playing the multiplayer mode ? Is there a good moment during the campaign when it's profitable to play multiplayer ? I want to increase my war readiness but I'm afraid to loose it because of an possible story event...

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Can you substantially affect your single player playtgrough by playing the multiplayer mode ? Is there a good moment during the campaign when it's profitable to play multiplayer ? I want to increase my war readiness but I'm afraid to loose it because of an possible story event...

It doesnt matter when you do mp, but the war readiness does recede over time.

Omega

Banned
Stasis -> Throw is good for crowd control I feel.

Idk if it's just me but it's really underrated. Aside from Geth, it's really useful agsinst Cerberus and Reapers because the a bunch of enemies are put into stasis.

I never see anyone use it, but I use it all the time.

X-Frame

I retract my previous statement about the Falcon. I have a Falcon X and with Cryo Ammo on White it was locking entire clusterfucks of enemies. Even Prime's were being staggered and chilled every 2 seconds they barely made it down the stairs the whole game.

Strip shields with my TS and then freeze mobs. If they had a 100+ assist medal I would have it easily.

I wasn't even host either.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member

As the murderous robot already said, it doesn't really matter when you play the multiplayer. The game only checks once and you'll have plenty of warning when you hit that section.

You won't lose war readiness because of an event, but it does drop by 1% every 8 hours or so. Don't worry about it too much because provided you do all the quests then it's almost entirely superfluous.

Ikkarus

Stasis -> Throw is good for crowd control I feel.

Idk if it's just me but it's really underrated. Aside from Geth, it's really useful agsinst Cerberus and Reapers because the a bunch of enemies are put into stasis.

I never see anyone use it, but I use it all the time.

I only ever use Throw to detonate a biotic explosion. Stasis I believe is the best power in the game alongside Decoy on multiplayer. It not only prevents the enemies from moving but it serves as a great crowd controller, allows your team mates to line up head shots, and you can set off a biotic explosion.

It's so adaptable but like you said not enough people appear to be using it. =/

X-Frame

Bryan Johson (BioWare) on why Tuesday's patch does not include any MP fixes:

You will notice the patch is mainly to fix issues that were preventing some from playing the game at all. While the bugs in multiplayer might not be ideal, they are also not game breaking.

The face code fix, was because of an immediate complaint during launch, so it was tied into fixes that prevent people from enjoying content.

The multiplayer fixes are indeed coming

I have been incredibly forthcoming with the forum the last few days, issues are still being worked on.

Issues are not incredibly easy to figure out all the time, and there are some things that are easy to patch and there are others that aren't. For anyone who is familar with the unreal engine there is a lot of ways to work on patches\content

The Geth Rifle is a joke gun, right? I just tried using that with my Turian Solider because I was bored of Gold farming and holy crap -- I couldn't kill shit! I felt like I was shooting a paint gun. And this is even with the Turian's marskman ability.

What a crappy gun! :D

Oh, and this was on Bronze, btw.

Omega

Banned
I only ever use Throw to detonate a biotic explosion. Stasis I believe is the best power in the game alongside Decoy on multiplayer. It not only prevents the enemies from moving but it serves as a great crowd controller, allows your team mates to line up head shots, and you can set off a biotic explosion.

It's so adaptable but like you said not enough people appear to be using it. =/

I think Throw is also undervalued.

After a biotic explosion, if a Phantom is on the ground, I'll just keep spamming it. Doesn't do much damage, but it keeps her on the floor. Since Stasis seems to only affect them the first time and if they have barriers Warp doesn't do anything.

@Dork Knight

Yes. I was the last one alive on a Silver match against a Geth Prime. I was shooting it for a good 25 seconds and it didn't even lose a block of shield.

That was fun. Did pretty well with only 3 on Silver, Firebase Dagger. Could've gotten full extraction but we were stuck inside with two Atlases on either side of us. Only one of us made it to the extraction zone (I was too slow).

And... just as I leveled my Adept to 20, I get the Asari Adept in my Premium Spectre Pack. I just unlocked it in my last pack too.

I thought it was just vanguard if you got knocked down mid-charge but it happened to me playing infiltrator.

It can happen with any class but Vanguards are the most likely due to being killed mid-charge. I think it can occasionally be triggered by sliding into cover, but don't quote me on that.

Mindlog

The Geth Rifle is a joke gun, right? I just tried using that with my Turian Solider because I was bored of Gold farming and holy crap -- I couldn't kill shit! I felt like I was shooting a paint gun. And this is even with the Turian's marskman ability.

What a crappy gun! :D

Oh, and this was on Bronze, btw.
It's almost OK with high level marksman, a level III amp and an ammo power. From my experience the Phaeston outclasses it in every way.

I'm still going to use it occasionally on any Geth class I draw.

Top Bottom