• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Black Widow II.

I'm sure some of you would be ecstatic at getting a II, but I personally can't snipe for shit, especially when there's even a smidge of lag and enemies side-step faster than most humans can run.

All I really want is the Paladin and a Javelin. Scorpion and Wraith, not so much.
Wraith kinda sucks. In my hands it doesn't even feel like an ultra-rare weapon. It's made obsolete by GPS, and then every shotty is made obsolete by the Carnifex.

And the Javelin is fucking TURRIBLE. 10 shots, you have to hold down the trigger for a second before it actually fires, doesn't do nearly enough damage to justify, etc.

The Talon pistol is actually...... pretty good! Go for headshots and it's pretty beastly, took it in gold on my Soilder Class as a sidearm to the Valiant Sniper rifle and I did pretty well with it.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Crashed out on wave 8 gold and I was the salarian engineer. if the other 3 didn't also crash they're probably cursing my name.

Crashed out on wave 8 gold and I was the salarian engineer. if the other 3 didn't also crash they're probably cursing my name.

It's funny, my base reaction whenever someone drops from a match is "how DARE that fucker leave!" when it is almost certainly not intentional.

Woo! I *finally* unlocked the Paladin, the last gun I really wanted. Shame it's so heavy, though -- may just stick to the Carnifex for now.

So how many guns have y'all unlocked. I now own every gun (excluding the special N7 weapons) EXCEPT the Wraith and the Talon, two guns I don't really care to own.

The crazy part? Despite that, I *still* haven't unlocked the Quarian Infiltrator. WTF! I practically have all the customization options on every other race, too.

At least I got all the weapons I want. Now I just gotta upgrade my Carnifex to 10!

Still no Claymore, but the game is happy to give me a Geth Shit Rifle VIII, Arc Pistol V, and absolutely useless character cards.

When you play for a few hours and spend those credits only for them to be completely useless - at least the shitty weapons put me a step towards getting them out the way - then it makes me want to scream.

But no, Bioware had to appease the gambling addicts and shoehorn a way to make money for their EA overlords.

Ji66a-Man

I'm still on the hunt for a Black Widow. I have all common/uncommon/rare guns, mods, character customizations, and most of the ultra rare guns. Now I'm stuck in character card hell with almost every Spectre and Premium Spectre Pack purchase. It feels like the game is trolling me when I see an ultra rare gun come up and it's a Talon or Scorpion.

X-Frame

Still no Claymore, but the game is happy to give me a Geth Shit Rifle VIII, Arc Pistol V, and absolutely useless character cards.

When you play for a few hours and spend those credits only for them to be completely useless - at least the shitty weapons put me a step towards getting them out the way - then it makes me want to scream.

But no, Bioware had to appease the gambling addicts and shoehorn a way to make money for their EA overlords.

My first X weapons in Gold are: Hornet, Geth Pulse Rifle, Falcon, and Reverant. NONE of which I will use, ever (possibly the Falcon if I am host).

When I get the Carnifex, GPS, and Claymore at X I will be a happy camper.

rozay

Banned
My first X weapons in Gold are: Hornet, Geth Pulse Rifle, Falcon, and Reverant. NONE of which I will use, ever (possibly the Falcon if I am host).

When I get the Carnifex, GPS, and Claymore at X I will be a happy camper.
the revenant really, really needs to deal more damage or stagger enemies easier. Is the claymore useful for any class other than Krogans?

Woo-Fu

Banned
Revenant has already been buffed twice. It is pretty good in the hands of a Turian Soldier, not worth carrying otherwise.

Mindlog

I could have sworn I edited my old post with other info.
the revenant really, really needs to deal more damage or stagger enemies easier. Is the claymore useful for any class other than Krogans?
Shotgun Infiltrators and pretty good with it.

I managed two Gold runs today. First one ended with final scores of 113k, 111k, 109k and the engineer. Outstanding. Second run was all Salarian featuring 3 Infiltrators and one Engineer. Everyone had a Widow IV or higher. The four of us holding the landing pad firing single shot rifles was a hilarious throwback moment.

What are the best mods for a Revenant on Turian Soldier? With the Phaeston I like AP + Barrel. However, I can't quite nail the best setup for a Revenant. The stability mod is nice until starts over-correcting.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
So the only weapon I still need to pick up is the Valiant. Have every other worthwhile weapon. Been getting lucky with premium spec packs.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm loving the asari adept now that i got some practice. :p I can end up a silver match with 115k points, while everyone else have 40k-60k lol.

<3 Biotic Explosions

RyanDG

I'm loving the asari adept now that i got some practice. :p I can end up a silver match with 115k points, while everyone else have 40k-60k lol.

<3 Biotic Explosions

What's even better is when you have two asari adepts working in tandem. One throwing warp - the other throwing throw. When you get the synchronicity down, it's insane how frequently the explosions are going off.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
What's even better is when you have two asari adepts working in tandem. One throwing warp - the other throwing throw. When you get the synchronicity down, it's insane how frequently the explosions are going off.

Drell/Asari is even better, since reave has lower cd I think. And you get cluster grenades.

Absol

I'm really going to miss the premium spectre packs. This week alone I was able to get my Carnifex and level it up to level four. Hoping to level it up some more before its gone.

Tabris

I am pretty bad at FPS games, so thank god for engineers. I played a Soldier in multiplayer and would always be bottom in the list, once I got him to level 20 and promoted, I switched to Engineer and I'm now regularly 1st or 2nd. Well placed combat drones + overload/incinerate spamming. And as long as the rest of the team is made up of either Vanguards or Soldiers, it's a really nice boost to the team.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I am pretty bad at FPS games, so thank god for engineers. I played a Soldier in multiplayer and would always be bottom in the list, once I got him to level 20 and promoted, I switched to Engineer and I'm now regularly 1st or 2nd. Well placed combat drones + overload/incinerate spamming. And as long as the rest of the team is made up of either Vanguards or Soldiers, it's a really nice boost to the team.

Even if you're good at FPS games, soldiers still sucks compared to everything else. :p I dont think ive ever seen a lvl 20 soldier in randoms, or they're very rare.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Up at my folks for Easter, but had a few games before I left. So, so bad. I swear I have the worst luck when it comes to randoms and objectives. They do not want to participate at all. Too often I find it's just me disabling each device, or only two of us hacking data. The only one they participate in is assassination, but only because it feeds their kill farming idiocy.

Do they not understand that the longer we take to complete objectives, the more enemies continue to spawn, and thus increases the chance of failure? Or do they just not care?

Maybe they all think that personal score is a defining factor in XP and that XP isn't shared equally among everybody at the end of a round. Topping the round is nice, but come on. I'm sick of having to solo an objective round and revive your fallen arse because you don't want to help.

Hopefully when I get back to my place in a couple of days I can jump into a better round with the new DLC. Very excited for it.

Darte

Do they not understand that the longer we take to complete objectives, the more enemies continue to spawn, and thus increases the chance of failure? Or do they just not care?

Maybe they all think that personal score is a defining factor in XP and that XP isn't shared equally among everybody at the end of a round. Topping the round is nice, but come on. I'm sick of having to solo an objective round and revive your fallen arse because you don't want to help.

How else are they gonna define how long their E-Penis is?

Khal_B

I just run to the objectives when they pop up as I've come to expect that I'm the only one who's going to do the objectives when playing with randoms. But hey, sometimes they'll trigger the objective if it happens to spawn right next to them!

Also, for gold games I wish people would use their rocket launchers for when the team is in a tight spot and not just saving them to rack up kills for the extraction wave. It would make some games so much easier.

Dreamer RD

soldiers still sucks compared to everything else.

True, but even soldier can rock in good hands. Maxed out Adrenaline Rush + GPS at level X = instant win. Cleared 3 silver games with randoms yesterday as soldier (started on lvl 6) on 1 place. A Rush is awesome coz it boosts damage to 50% + reloads weapon without animation.

milkham

Anyone constantly getting disconnected from the EA servers? Can't stay connected for more than two minutes.

not tonight/this morning, but i've noticed a lot of 4 players starting a game, but by the time the map finishes loading only 3 remain

Ikkarus

<3 Biotic Explosions

Welcome to the adept team. :)

I just did a couple of Gold runs. I have to admit that I really struggled with my Drell adept against the geth. I managed to keep out of harm but I felt kind of useless as I was in team of Quarians and Salarians. Still managed to put my Carnifex to use, never normally fire it to be honest!

Cheech

Up at my folks for Easter, but had a few games before I left. So, so bad. I swear I have the worst luck when it comes to randoms and objectives. They do not want to participate at all. Too often I find it's just me disabling each device, or only two of us hacking data. The only one they participate in is assassination, but only because it feeds their kill farming idiocy.

The quality of play went way up when I started playing Gold regularly. Just make sure to boot anybody (or quit yourself if nobody else votes to boot) whose character isn't at least 17, and their N7 level isn't at least 100.

Playing Geth on Firebase White helps too. ;)

That said, I had a hilarious time yesterday, I jumped into a quick Bronze match to push myself up to enough to get 100k, and there was a drunk Australian in the match who did nothing but headbutt enemies with his Krogan and try his best gangsta rapper impressions while he did it. During one of the rounds, he proclaimed "oy, gotta go snap the dragon mate" and his Krogan sat motionless while he went and took a piss or whatever "snap the dragon" means in Aussie. Big laughs.

I'm really going to miss the premium spectre packs. This week alone I was able to get my Carnifex and level it up to level four. Hoping to level it up some more before its gone.

I am tempted to spend my saved up coins for a ton today but I really want to get some of the new dlc characters next week, hard choices :(

Woo-Fu

Banned
The quality of play went way up when I started playing Gold regularly.

Playing Geth on Firebase White helps too. ;)

A team of monkeys could finish gold playing vs. geth on firebase white as long as one of them was playing salarian engineer.

I typically see more skill exhibited in silver any/any matches with a grab bag of builds.

I wonder if salarian engineer's hologram will get an aggro nerf at some point, I can see it happening due to all the firebase white farming going on.

RS4-

A team of monkeys could finish gold playing vs. geth on firebase white as long as one of them was playing salarian engineer.

I typically see more skill exhibited in silver any/any matches with a grab bag of builds.

Yeah seriously, even a team full of players with low levels can take on White Geth on gold.

The only real concern is the four hack devices.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone else gotten any weird messages when playing this game? Yesterday I got two people messaging me 6000 "MS point symbol" about an hour apart from each other. No clue why I got those and what they're supposed to mean.

X-Frame

Has anyone else gotten any weird messages when playing this game? Yesterday I got two people messaging me 6000 "MS point symbol" about an hour apart from each other. No clue why I got those and what they're supposed to mean.

Wow, I got the same thing. I thought at first some dude was sending me 6000 MS points somehow .. lol.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I got another no-gold premium spectre pack, even better than the last. :) First was the pistol pack, now the sniper pack. Been waiting forever for Black Widow, crazy to see a Javelin in the same pack.

2ghN4.png

alexel

I got another no-gold premium spectre pack, even better than the last. :) First was the pistol pack, now the sniper pack. Been waiting forever for Black Widow, crazy to see a Javelin in the same pack.

2ghN4.png

Wow, so that's what being on the opposite end of the random probability spectrum looks like. I've spent over 4 million credits on those packs and only have 2 N7-Wraith Shotguns to show for it.

Ephemeris

2ghN4.png
4925.gif

Wow, so that's what being on the opposite end of the random probability spectrum looks like..

I know, right?

Congrats though. Took me ages but I finally unlocked the Asari adept. Spent Millions.

RS4-

Have yet to get any N7 items from the prem spec packs :( I did get my asari adept though! And jumped from level 6 to 12 after one gold game.

Wow, I got the same thing. I thought at first some dude was sending me 6000 MS points somehow .. lol.

Its a stupid thing going around that people for some reason believe that of the send "6000 MS points are being given" to people microsoft will magically give them 6000 points its stupid.

Top Bottom