• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Darte

So just to be clear, on firebase white, folks need to camp in the far bottom corner to draw the enemies there and take em out as they come? Is that the accepted strategy? I've yet to see a gold pick up follow anything remotely like that...

RS4-

So just to be clear, on firebase white, folks need to camp in the far bottom corner to draw the enemies there and take em out as they come? Is that the accepted strategy? I've yet to see a gold pick up follow anything remotely like that...

Yup that's the corner, with the two L shaped desks. Even if you're low level or don't have decoys, just pull everyone over cover and deal with the Primes and hacking missions. Other than that, no reason to leave that room until 30 secs left for extraction.

So does hammering the space bar actually do anything when you're down? I don't see the marker slowing even a little bit.

i can notice it on the xbox but i think the way it works stops things like auto pads from benefiting, if you wait for half the circle to count down then mash the button it was more or less stop for a moment, to stop someone with an auto pad having more time then a regular user.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Im surprised that many people encountered Vanguard glitch. I played him a lot and NEVER saw this happening (PS3)

If you play PC and don't host yourself it'll happen just about any time you get knocked down midcharge---which shouldn't happen anyway, just shows that your client is already out-of-sync with the server.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Im surprised that many people encountered Vanguard glitch. I played him a lot and NEVER saw this happening (PS3)

I haven't been able to play a round that I didn't host without running into the bug in at least two weeks now. It wasn't so bad right after release and I never had an issue in the demo for whatever reason.

So does hammering the space bar actually do anything when you're down? I don't see the marker slowing even a little bit.

It does. If you hit the spacebar slowly you can see the dot slow just a little every time you hit the button. If you mash the spacebar it'll at least double the time you have.

Yahooo, unlock Phalanx.

Well, it went under a massive nerf compared to ME2 (I miss that blu laser sight) and it's a decent upgrade to the Predator but it's not worth my Arc V or Carnifex V...

But it's sooooo sexy !

I'm slipt.

What should I do ?

rozay

Banned
Yahooo, unlock Phalanx.

Well, it went under a massive nerf compared to ME2 (I miss that blu laser sight) and it's a decent upgrade to the Predator but it's not worth my Arc V or Carnifex V...

But it's sooooo sexy !

I'm slipt.

What should I do ?
I appreciated the tweaks because in ME2 it was practically a carnifex with a laser sight. Now it has a nice ROF and clip size as a tradeoff for damage. Works better with some characters/playstyles but I would use a level 5 carnifex over a level 1 phalnax.

Woorloog

Banned
I appreciated the tweaks because in ME2 it was practically a carnifex with a laser sight. Now it has a nice ROF and clip size as a tradeoff for damage. Works better with some characters/playstyles but I would use a level 5 carnifex over a level 1 phalnax.

Now it is a different looking Predator... The laser sight should've been kept and the pistol should have been made something beetween the Carnifex and Predator

milkham

I know some people still don't know this tactic but it just kills me when there's one guy who won't go over there when everyone else ran there right away and he's hanging out alone by the ladder and of course dies. Also bugs me when one guy runs over there and tries to do it himself when its bronze and it doesn't even matter, he just messes up the spawn points for everyone else.

Now it is a different looking Predator... The laser sight should've been kept and the pistol should have been made something beetween the Carnifex and Predator

An infinitely better looking. Phalanx is one of the best looking design in the entire ME arsenal to me.

So after earning a Widow III today, I decided to give it another go and I've definitely liking it a lot more now (before, I couldn't kill a lot of enemies with a body shot, but now I can).

Still not sure if I like it more than my Valiant, though. If anything, I wish I could level the Valiant up more. Oh well!

Also got my GPS up to 6! Can't wait to see how much the damage has increased since I last used it.

Too larger trigger/hand guard, and Phalanx is the only weapon that doesn't "pack" when not in use. Predator is the infinitely better looking one, since ME1.

I never said the more practical or realistic. Just the best design. It's sci-fi ! Everything looks can look good for the sake's of it. Phalanx looks phenomenal.

I've actually had a Cannibal stop and ask me where I purchased my gun. We actually had a good conversation until some asshole Infiltrator sniped his face off.

Marauder Health was making fun on how silly my guns looks with stupid scope and barrels mods and all the other Cannibals where laughing at me :(

X-Frame

This thread on BSN is about people saving millions of credits in preparation of the Resurgence Pack. Wow.

I don't think that is really necessary, especially when the Premium Spectre Pack is still active, but it's up to them.

Woorloog

Banned
I never said the more practical or realistic. Just the best design. It's sci-fi ! Everything looks can look good for the sake's of it. Phalanx looks phenomenal.

Neither did i, i just stated how it looks to me. That said, Predator has ridiculously large hand guard as well.
Actually, every single pistol in ME series is ridiculously big, the grip, the "trigger" guard, barrel assembly, everything... in some cutscenes, you can clearly see how the pistols are as large as human's head.

This thread on BSN is about people saving millions of credits in preparation of the Resurgence Pack. Wow.

I don't think that is really necessary, especially when the Premium Spectre Pack is still active, but it's up to them.

Holy crap! Haha! I'm actually kinda torn right now because I have a bunch of credits saved up for the DLC, but I almost want to just blow them on Premium Spectre Packs.

So do we know if the characters will be found in their own exclusive pack or spread out amongst the current packs?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is the Carnifex a rare or uncommon weapon? I actually got my Geth Plama Shotgun to rank VII just right now and still havent find any Carnifex from any spectre or premium spectre pack.

X-Frame

Holy crap! Haha! I'm actually kinda torn right now because I have a bunch of credits saved up for the DLC, but I almost want to just blow them on Premium Spectre Packs.

So do we know if the characters will be found in their own exclusive pack or spread out amongst the current packs?

There's been no word from BW whatsoever. There could be a special pack that includes at least 1 new DLC item, or the DLC could be in the regular packs -- nobody knows.

I'm more interesting in seeing what BioWare puts as the next promotional pack. We had Equipment/Jump Equipment, Premium Veteran and Premium Spectre. Assuming there won't be a Premium Recruit, maybe we'll see a pack for just weapons?

There's been no word from BW whatsoever. There could be a special pack that includes at least 1 new DLC item, or the DLC could be in the regular packs -- nobody knows.

I'm more interesting in seeing what BioWare puts as the next promotional pack. We had Equipment/Jump Equipment, Premium Veteran and Premium Spectre. Assuming there won't be a Premium Recruit, maybe we'll see a pack for just weapons?

Yes! God, yes. I hope this happens. It should contain 5 items, with a chance to receive 1 uncommon or rare weapon.

Though, thinking about it, they probably won't do this, as people will likely spam the shit out of this pack and get all their favorite weapons in a weekend. Hmm....

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
You dont use stasis for combos, you use warp into throw. Stasis is for locking down enemies.

What system are you on enzo?
I'm on 360. Add me if you, or anyone else wants to get games in: arvinater. Also, thanks to you and everyone else for Asari Adept tips.

Also, last week the special pack changed on a Monday, right? Or was it Tuesday? High hopes for this weeks pack.

Sorry about not accepting your invite RS4-, was just taking a break from studying so I was only gonna play a game or two and leave.

Yes! God, yes. I hope this happens. It should contain 5 items, with a chance to receive 1 uncommon or rare weapon.

Though, thinking about it, they probably won't do this, as people will likely spam the shit out of this pack and get all their favorite weapons in a weekend. Hmm....
Yeah even though the packs thus far have been GREAT deals, that may cross the line, especially when pools of weapons dry up and you eventually end up getting rares/ultra-rares per pack. Even balancing that would be a nightmare and would be a bad idea from a dev standpoint.

RS4-

I'm on 360. Add me if you, or anyone else wants to get games in: arvinater. Also, thanks to you and everyone else for Asari Adept tips.

Also, last week the special pack changed on a Monday, right? Or was it Tuesday? High hopes for this weeks pack.

Sorry about not accepting your invite RS4-, was just taking a break from studying so I was only gonna play a game or two and leave.

Hey man, NP. I sent you the invite because some asshole left mid game in gold, figured you might want in on it. Then some other random showed up and we lost lol.

Omega

Banned
I never really noticed it, but this game has a really annoying glitch which I think it caused by biotic explosions.

I had to clutch it out and this Phantom is laying on the floor after a biotic explosion yet I can't shoot it or damage it, but somehow it's still shooting me and it does the instant kill on me somehow. I just get sucked into a wall and I die.

Got a lot of premium spectre packs today and not a single character card was one where I had already unlocked all the appearance options.

Did they change it, or did I just get lucky today?

Omega

Banned
Why are people saving up? Don't all the characters come in the same pack?

If they don't, then this DLC is absolutely pointless

So after earning a Widow III today, I decided to give it another go and I've definitely liking it a lot more now (before, I couldn't kill a lot of enemies with a body shot, but now I can).

Still not sure if I like it more than my Valiant, though. If anything, I wish I could level the Valiant up more. Oh well!

So does this mean you prefer the Valiant more, despite it being at (I presume) level 1? How does the Black Widow stack up to both?

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member

Don't think there is any confirmation either way yet, but people that are saving up expect that they will just be added to the list of items that can be drawn from the normal packs. It's not any more pointless than the stuff that is already there.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

It's not pointless.. especially cause it's free.

From what we know, the characters are being distributed through the existing system. Meaning, they're obtainable through the same RNG crap we've been using since release.

If there's a promo pack or anything else to make it easier to obtain DLC items, we don't know yet.

Omega

Banned
I've wanted a Krogan biotic since multiplayer was announced, and now there's a chance that I'll have to wait even longer?

Cool.

Can't wait to unlock 400 more Krogan Sentinels/Soldiers before I get maybe one thing from the DLC.

rozay

Banned
Anyone have a problem with enemies "slipping" when being grabbed and then being ungrabbable? It's getting annoying, happened multiple times today.

Also had decoy misfire 3 times in my last match.

Dave_6

Bought my 2nd ever Premium Spectre pack tonight and got the Geth Plasma SG, Krogan Soldier and the Widow. Not too bad I thought.

Replicant

Do you always want something and then you got it and it's not all it's cracked up to be? That's what I felt with Quarian Infiltrator. I've always wanted it but then I got it, maxed it to level 20 and the first time I use it, I thought "Eh, not as good as my good old Turian Sentinel" so now I'm going back using the Turian.

Also, the randomly generated pack sucks big time. I've bought a premium spectre packs and got nothing but some guns then I bought some silver pack and again, got nothing but a bunch of guns. I want characters damn it, a Drell, an Asari, a Krogan. :/

rozay

Banned
I guess I should feel lucky...have every weapon except 3 ultra rares (saber scorpion wraith, all guns I wouldn't use) and all the classes without playing a ridiculous amount. I really feel like the game gives you the weapons you don't use though. Maybe I should start using the pulse rifle and arc pistol lmao

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The Carnifex and the Widow are the only two guns I have that met the hype, IMO.

The GPS is great and all, but it's kinda boring somehow too. It's just not as satisfying to fire as the other shotguns. Which is a shame, because they all suck otherwise.

The audio for some of these guns though... Absolutely fucking fantastic. Graal and Claymore <3

RyanDG

I've decided that Cryo Ammo with the Asari Adept is probably the best combination in the world. Stasis a phantom, centurion, or nemesis, shoot them until they are red... Cryo Ammo kicks in. Throw and then watch as they shatter into a million pieces.

Before this I was using primarily Warp ammo for the added bonus on top of my warp and stasis skills, but I'm just not sure that bonus is worth it since I'm only really firing my weapon at things I have stasis'd to begin with.

And to the gaffer I was playing with earlier (I'm thinking it was Live Free or Die)... Good games. Meant to say Firebase White in my message (as opposed to Dagger) about how it was nice to play a map other than that one since most games I've played in recently have been people farming White. Was hoping to get one more in but didn't want to risk having to pick up two randoms tonight since it was getting a bit late and the other two guys were heading out.

My last spectre pack of the night gave me the Krogan soldier I've been missing, so at least I have all the characters now leading up to the DLC.

Edit:
The audio for some of these guns though... Absolutely fucking fantastic. Graal and Claymore <3

Sabre's got the best sound in the game. I use that weapon in all of my silver matches, most of the time regardless of the class I am, simply because I just like the way it sounds.

Had this weird glitch happen to a teammate where they were moving around crouched all the time. Couldn't do anything but was invulnerable so it acted as a decoy while me and the other guy killed everything. Eventually they died and once revived they were okay.

Salarian Engineer is pretty fun. Energy Drain is so good. Do you usually get the Armor Boost or Damage at rank 6?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
The Carnifex and the Widow are the only two guns I have that met the hype, IMO.

The GPS is great and all, but it's kinda boring somehow too. It's just not as satisfying to fire as the other shotguns. Which is a shame, because they all suck otherwise.

Disciple doesnt suck.

eek5

Had this weird glitch happen to a teammate where they were moving around crouched all the time. Couldn't do anything but was invulnerable so it acted as a decoy while me and the other guy killed everything. Eventually they died and once revived they were okay.

Salarian Engineer is pretty fun. Energy Drain is so good. Do you usually get the Armor Boost or Damage at rank 6?

For L6 I would go Damage every time. 15% is nothing in gold and won't even make a difference.

The other stuff will depend on how you play.

If you're going to use a heavy weapon and fight behind your decoy I would go:
Damage/100%/Damage

Since you can only do one energy drain every couple seconds or however long your cooldown will be, maxing out damage to strip all shields on most medium tier enemies will be better than hitting an area imo especially since the goal is to drop the enemy with your weapon once their shields are down.

If you're going to use a light weapon and spam I would go:
Radius/Recharge/Damage and then spec Incinerate for Radius. Basically AoE to try to set off tech explosions as fast as possible.

So does this mean you prefer the Valiant more, despite it being at (I presume) level 1? How does the Black Widow stack up to both?

I *love* the Valiant -- definitely my favorite sniper in the game. Insanely quick reload time, snappy rate of fire, and little-to-no recoil. It's pretty darn powerful, too, even though mine is only at level 1. I'm sure at 10 it's a beast.

The Black Widow, to me, has a few issues: too heavy, long reload time, and WAY too much recoil in-between shots. Don't get me wrong -- it's a great gun and definitely the best alternative for a multi-shot sniper if you don't already own the Valiant.

I will say, however, that I'm warming up to the Widow. It's (obviously) the best choice for single-shot snipers.

Neither did i, i just stated how it looks to me. That said, Predator has ridiculously large hand guard as well.
Actually, every single pistol in ME series is ridiculously big, the grip, the "trigger" guard, barrel assembly, everything... in some cutscenes, you can clearly see how the pistols are as large as human's head.

They aren't Heavy Pistols for nothing :D

Top Bottom