• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Cheech

Last day (presumably) for premium specter packs, bought 3 today. Black Widow, Revenant and Carnifex get. Weee

I swear in the 10 Prem. spectre packs I've gotten, I've gotten a geth assault rifle upgrade and/or a drell adept. Still missing Asari Adept, and could use a Valiant/Carnifex upgrade.

I used the drell adept once, and ditched it because the reave sound bug drove me insane. Which makes it all the more hilarious I keep pulling his card in these 99k packs.

Gui_PT

I swear in the 10 Prem. spectre packs I've gotten, I've gotten a geth assault rifle upgrade and/or a drell adept. Still missing Asari Adept, and could use a Valiant/Carnifex upgrade.

I used the drell adept once, and ditched it because the reave sound bug drove me insane. Which makes it all the more hilarious I keep pulling his card in these 99k packs.

Oh myyyy goooooodddd soooo annoying!

I got a black widow from all the packs I got. That's about it =\

Replicant

Man, there is one douchebag who joined a game and did nothing but sit in a safe corner while the 3 of us worked like slave workers.

The PSN name was Lachsta-is-ruler

Next time you encounter him, do yourself a favor and kick him out of your game. Sure, he has 430 something level but it's probably achieved via him mooching off other people's game and doing absolutely nothing for it.

Man, there is one douchebag who joined a game and did nothing but sit in a safe corner while the 3 of us worked like slave workers.

Next time you encounter him, do yourself a favor and kick him out of your game. Sure, he has 430 something level but it's probably achieved via him mooching off other people's game and doing absolutely nothing for it.

I hate when that happens. It's funny, though, because I was in a Firebase White Gold Farming match yesterday and I noticed this Quarian Infiltrator doing nothing. So, being the Salarian Engineer, I told him, "Listen, buddy -- you don't play, I'm outta here...and without my decoy, y'all are fucked." Dude ended up playing a wave later. LOL!

Woo-Fu

Banned
I watch for that the first round and if I see it I just quit the match. I'm willing to give up one round just to make sure he doesn't get 11 free ones.

Dreamer RD

2ZMKj.jpg

Not too bad I guess. Still need Black Widow.

Sai

Premium Spectre Packs have only gotten me a Salarian Infiltrator(last character I needed to unlock), and a few Eviscerator upgrades.

It's left me mostly disappointed. :(

Replicant

I watch for that the first round and if I see it I just quit the match. I'm willing to give up one round just to make sure he doesn't get 11 free ones.

But it's not fair to the other 2 players if I just left them and quit the game. And at first I thought this douchebag was just taking a toilet break. It's not until 3rd or 4th round that I realized he's changed his position so that he'll be crouched behind a crate, safe from enemies. I just let the asshole died if he dies and I always lured enemies into his position.

I *love* the Valiant -- definitely my favorite sniper in the game. Insanely quick reload time, snappy rate of fire, and little-to-no recoil. It's pretty darn powerful, too, even though mine is only at level 1. I'm sure at 10 it's a beast.

The Black Widow, to me, has a few issues: too heavy, long reload time, and WAY too much recoil in-between shots. Don't get me wrong -- it's a great gun and definitely the best alternative for a multi-shot sniper if you don't already own the Valiant.

I will say, however, that I'm warming up to the Widow. It's (obviously) the best choice for single-shot snipers.

Yeah, if I were on PC (with better aiming fidelity) I figure I'd lean towards the Widow myself.

Alas, the joys of playing on an analog stick.... :p

Thanks for the comparison!

X-Frame

It should be pretty easy to auto-kick the leechers, hopefully BW implements something next patch.

A combination of idling as well as lack of points per multiple rounds, say going 2 rounds with no points.

rozay

Banned
I asked before but got no answer, is the Paladin a straight upgrade of the Carnifex?
A lot more damage(276.1 - 345.1 carnifex, 389.9-487.4 paladin), a bit more recoil and something around 50% heavier? Clip size is 4 and it holds little more than half as much spare ammo as well (30-40 on the carnifex, 16-26 on the paladin). Other than that they're identical.

OH for tits sake, booting up the game today it's asked me if I want to make an ORIGIN account, I already have one so it did what it had to do and thankfully I still have all my multiplayer items and characters.

But my counts towards things like striker, kill counts, victories are all reset AGAIN :/ annoying shit, this is the 2nd time my stats have been reset like this.

Anyone else get this problem?

rozay

Banned
OH for tits sake, booting up the game today it's asked me if I want to make an ORIGIN account, I already have one so it did what it had to do and thankfully I still have all my multiplayer items and characters.

But my counts towards things like striker, kill counts, victories are all reset AGAIN :/ annoying shit, this is the 2nd time my stats have been reset like this.

Anyone else get this problem?
Hope you got the 5000 kill achievement already, that sucks :(

Proximity Mine on the salarian infiltrator-useless or am I missing something? I've never tried rank 6.

Woo-Fu

Banned
But it's not fair to the other 2 players if I just left them and quit the game. And at first I thought this douchebag was just taking a toilet break. It's not until 3rd or 4th round that I realized he's changed his position so that he'll be crouched behind a crate, safe from enemies. I just let the asshole died if he dies and I always lured enemies into his position.

Sure it is fair. Their time isn't any more valuable than yours. The contract of sorts is a 4-player match. As soon as it isn't 4-players there is no match, no obligation as far as I'm concerned.

The remaining two players should be wise enough to cut their losses as well, OR enjoy the challenge of tackling it with just two.

You don't have a full roster of players you typically call the game, in most sports.

DarkKyo

Sorry if it's been answered but.. do we know how to unlock the new classes? Like, will they just be downloaded and added or will they be in the normal packs, or special packs?

Cat Party

Sorry if it's been answered but.. do we know how to unlock the new classes? Like, will they just be downloaded and added or will they be in the normal packs, or special packs?

It seems as though they will just be spread into the regular packs. The maps are what you will download as DLC. Though I'm guessing there will be a premium pack this week to focus on the new items.

X-Frame

Geth Engineer with shield recharging active and Justicar with protective bubble = hacking objectives will be much, much easier!

Really interested in seeing what new combinations and strategies come as a result of this DLC.

Also, wonder if the Krogan Vanguard will be viable on Gold as a tank that can teleport. Lol.

Geth Engineer with shield recharging active and Justicar with protective bubble = hacking objectives will be much, much easier!

Really interested in seeing what new combinations and strategies come as a result of this DLC.

Also, wonder if the Krogan Vanguard will be viable on Gold as a tank that can teleport. Lol.

I'm really interested to see what abilities/powers all the new characters have.

I think it's safe to assume the Geth Infiltrator will be specced similar to the Geth Hunter (cloak, shotgun bonus, etc.). But I wonder what his second/third powers will be.

As far as the others go, it's hard to tell outside the obvious powers we saw in the trailer (bubble shield, charge, weird Batarian stasis-like ability).

Can't wait to see everything tomorrow!

RyanDG

I'm really interested to see what the Asari Justicar's skills are... My guess is dropping Stasis for the new protective bubble? Not sure which one I would like more...

Edit - And also what the bubble actually does... Would be interesting if it deals damage to the bubble as damage to your shields but only at a reduced rate and once your shields are gone the bubbles go down?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I'm really interested to see what abilities/powers all the new characters have.

I think it's safe to assume the Geth Infiltrator will be specced similar to the Geth Hunter (cloak, shotgun bonus, etc.). But I wonder what his second/third powers will be.

As far as the others go, it's hard to tell outside the obvious powers we saw in the trailer (bubble shield, charge, weird Batarian stasis-like ability).

Can't wait to see everything tomorrow!

But Legion is an infiltrator with a sniper!

I'm really interested to see what the Asari Justicar's skills are... My guess is dropping Stasis for the new protective bubble? Not sure which one I would like more...

Edit - And also what the bubble actually does... Would be interesting if it deals damage to the bubble as damage to your shields but only at a reduced rate and once your shields are gone the bubbles go down?

The Justicar also has Pull. So, pull, bubble, ?

Omega

Banned
I hate playing on 360 sometimes. It seems a lot of people think it's a requirement to have Engineers/Infiltrators for Geth/Gold. I join a game and everyone tells me to switch because I use an Asari Adept. When I tell them no, I get booted. Either that or they demand me to switch to Salarian Engineer because they need a Decoy and if I don't switch, I get booted.

That's when I switch to Salarian but just sit in the back corner and never put up my Decoy.

Shockwave, maybe? Would make sense with the overlap of the Adept class (where I presume the Justicar will be slotted) and synergizes reasonably well with both Pull and Bubble.

I'm guessing they won't introduce more than one new ability per new race/class from the DLC.

Shockwave, maybe? Would make sense with the overlap of the Adept class (where I presume the Justicar will be slotted) and synergizes reasonably well with both Pull and Bubble.

I'm guessing they won't introduce more than one new ability per new race/class from the DLC.

I'm gonna go ahead and guess Throw, the Batarian Sentinel gets Shockwave.

True, but Reave is instant AND enemies can't dodge it. And Reave is also more powerful.

Very true, but if they're Pulled already they can't dodge it either (although I do agree, Reave's "no travel" makes it far more useful).

I was just commenting on the relative speed of the two combos, but without a doubt Reave is still a much more useful spell.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Very true, but if they're Pulled already they can't dodge it either (although I do agree, Reave's "no travel" makes it far more useful).

I was just commenting on the relative speed of the two combos, but without a doubt Reave is still a much more useful spell.

Pull requires unshielded enemies. Reave doesnt.

Pull requires unshielded enemies. Reave doesnt.

Yes, I'm well aware of that... My initial post was comparing the theoretical speed of a Pull/Throw biotic explosion versus a Pull/Reave biotic explosion. In both of those Pull is the setup skill, the difference lies in the speed of Throw versus Reave to detonate (then the cooldown in setting up the next explosion).

I wasn't comparing whether or not the skills are viable on shielded or unshielded enemies.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Hm... Origin just updated ME3 with a 42mb update... wonder what it was. Maybe something to get ready for tomorrow? Or is that the single player patch that i saw the notes a few days ago?

Mindlog

I'm pretty sure the third power is Reave.

Yeah, if I were on PC (with better aiming fidelity) I figure I'd lean towards the Widow myself.

Alas, the joys of playing on an analog stick.... :p

Thanks for the comparison!
I'm the opposite. Since it does less damage I tend to aim a little more carefully with my Valiant. On my Salarian Infiltrator I aim ED then quickscope the Widow. I normally always go for headshots using a Valiant and body shots with the Widow.

However, after so many SI games I am getting pretty good with it. Sometimes I surprise myself with how many consecutive headshots in different directions I can pull off. I've almost picked up doing the reload trick naturally. I still occasionally try to reload to fast and fire before a round is in the chamber.

exYle

Pull and shockwave? Pull and throw?
If either of those were true, the Justicar would arguably be the worst Adept in the game. She'd literally be useless when every other Adept is capable of detonating biotic explosions on armored targets.
Maybe the Justicar will have Dark Channel. Wouldn't that be something.

If either of those were true, the Justicar would arguably be the worst Adept in the game. She'd literally be useless when every other Adept is capable of detonating biotic explosions on armored targets.

Oh yeah, Dark Channel would be awesome.

What other options are there, though? Since we know that Pull/Protective Bubble are pretty much set... even if she has Reave, that still means she can't detonate on protected targets.

rozay

Banned
What other options are there, though? Since we know that Pull/Protective Bubble are pretty much set... even if she has Reave, that still means she can't detonate on protected targets.
nova.

Maybe there will be a new biotic power? I don't think throw+pull, while extremely fast, will work as the only 2 offensive powers.

I'm the opposite. Since it does less damage I tend to aim a little more carefully with my Valiant. On my Salarian Infiltrator I aim ED then quickscope the Widow. I normally always go for headshots using a Valiant and body shots with the Widow.

However, after so many SI games I am getting pretty good with it. Sometimes I surprise myself with how many consecutive headshots in different directions I can pull off. I've almost picked up doing the reload trick naturally. I still occasionally try to reload to fast and fire before a round is in the chamber.

Haha man, with the Valiant's fire/reload rate I'm more likely to just blow out a clip ASAP. Since two shots (with whatever skills I'm using) are usually enough to take someone down, I just try to unload fast because I know the clip behind it will come quickly.

nova.

Maybe there will be a new biotic power? I don't think throw+pull, while extremely fast, will work as the only 2 offensive powers.

Man... nova would be a tough combination to use with it (also unlikely since that's only on Vanguards). Run up to an enemy, Bubble then Nova? Then just sit in your Bubble until your shields recharge for more Nova?

I'd rather have Pull or Shockwave, TBH.

I don't think they'll create two new powers per new class though (although that would be pretty sweet). There are clearly major bugs that need to be fixed so spending dev time on even more extra powers seems a bit misguided.

Top Bottom