• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

X-Frame

Pull and Reave would be redundant with the Drell Adept though. I don't see that happening.

Not to mention Samara had both Pull and Throw, so this MP Justicar might be similar.

Reave/Slam, Dark Channel/Throw

Impossible... Pull and Bubble were in the video.

Pull and Reave would be redundant with the Drell Adept though. I don't see that happening.

Not to mention Samara had both Pull and Throw, so this MP Justicar might be similar.

Agreed, I've been leaning towards Throw, Shockwave or Slam (the new favorite) myself.

Dark Channel would be cool, but seeing as how it's the exclusive power of the only Prothean in the game, it wouldn't make sense (in the context of ME's universe) adding it to an Asari.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Slam requires unshielded enemies though. So you still have the problem of her being shit on gold and less than good on silver.

Kenaras

True... but Samara also had Pull and Reave.

I'll just wait and find out tomorrow instead of playing the speculation game.

rozay

Banned
Slam requires unshielded enemies though. So you still have the problem of her being shit on gold and less than good on silver.
yeah every class in the game has an ability that can be used to hit hard on armor, which is why I'm thinking pull+throw wouldn't make sense, and would leave the justicar as the most gimped class in the game.

Who said anything about her viability on Silver or Gold? All we're speculating about is what the extra power is, not where she'd land on a tier list.

And if anything, Pull/Slam makes a helluva lot more sense than Reave/Slam or Dark Channel/Throw (because characters only have 3 powers).

yeah every class in the game has an ability that can be used to hit hard on armor, which is why I'm thinking pull+throw wouldn't make sense, and would leave the justicar as the most gimped class in the game.

Excellent point.... makes me rethink Pull/Slam/Shockwave, but what becomes viable then? Reave? But then there's a lot of similarity with the Drell. Dark Channel? But that's a Prothean skill. Singularity? Same problems with Pull and Slam.

Maybe Dominate (Morinth's skill)? It would make sense in the "Justicar/Ardat Yakshi" sense from ME2, it's a skill that already exists in the ME universe, and it's the natural complementary skill to the Quarian's Sabotage. It would also satisfy the "able to be used on shielded enemies" requirement as well.

Fucking EA servers. Lost 10K credits just now because I 'lost my connection' to them... even though the rest of the internet remained fine and my connection to XBL didn't drop.

At least it wasn't an entire gold game's worth of credits I suppose.

rozay

Banned
Fucking EA servers. Lost 10K credits just now because I 'lost my connection' to them... even though the rest of the internet remained fine and my connection to XBL didn't drop.

At least it wasn't an entire gold game's worth of credits I suppose.
I haven't lost any credits yet, but I did have a weird thing happen when I purchased a pack and got a "you have lost connection message" before seeing the opening animation+contents. Assumed the worst while restarting multiplayer, only to be immediately greeted by the premium pack I purchased opening up. When I clicked Back, I still had the original amount of credits and none of the items in that pack showed up in my weapons, so I just had a glimpse into a bad pack that could've been mine.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Who said anything about her viability on Silver or Gold? All we're speculating about is what the extra power is, not where she'd land on a tier list.

And if anything, Pull/Slam makes a helluva lot more sense than Reave/Slam or Dark Channel/Throw (because characters only have 3 powers).

Excellent point.... makes me rethink Pull/Slam/Shockwave, but what becomes viable then? Reave? But then there's a lot of similarity with the Drell. Dark Channel? But that's a Prothean skill. Singularity? Same problems with Pull and Slam.

Maybe Dominate (Morinth's skill)? It would make sense in the "Justicar/Ardat Yakshi" sense from ME2, it's a skill that already exists in the ME universe, and it's the natural complementary skill to the Quarian's Sabotage. It would also satisfy the "able to be used on shielded enemies" requirement as well.

I was just throwing out possible good power combos.

I wonder how the bubble shield move of hers will work, damage taken or time duration, no idea if its in the SP stuff right now as it's still untouched for me.

Dreamer RD

ypH6N.jpg

Glitches everywhere!

I thought I did, too, until I realized how heavy it is. For now, just sticking with my Carnifex.

Same here. I got it post-nerf, so I never got to experience the true glory of it. Despite needing a few more (body) shots, the Carnifex's weight and clip size make it far more easier to use.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I was using the Carniflex but I found that six shots just wasn't enough when you really get into the shit.

I switched back to my trusty avenger X and I feel I'm surviving those situations where you're up against 4 or 5 enemies a lot more often. I guess because I'm not so worried where each bullet is going I can focus on keeping myself out of the firing line.

On another note, I stumbled into a group of people randoms who discovered how easy Cerberus can be when you have 4 asari adepts spamming stasis. Fun times.

Firebrand

Think I'm done with the Premium Spectres for now. Been buying quite a few of them, finally got some capacity upgrades, plenty of ranks for weapons I don't use, two ultra-rare (Wraith and Talon), but I still do not have a Carnifex or a Krogan Sentinel.

Inversive

Think I'm done with the Premium Spectres for now. Been buying quite a few of them, finally got some capacity upgrades, plenty of ranks for weapons I don't use, two ultra-rare (Wraith and Talon), but I still do not have a Carnifex or a Krogan Sentinel.

Yep me too, i've had nothing but shit in them. I had 2 krogan character cards in one of them ffs. RNG is annoying.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Heh. Finally been doing the gold farming in White and my Salarian Infiltrator with the Valiant feels like a damn superhero. I'm normally third in the rankings but now I'm consistently dominating.

X-Frame

Heh. Finally been doing the gold farming in White and my Salarian Infiltrator with the Valiant feels like a damn superhero. I'm normally third in the rankings but now I'm consistently dominating.

I really hope I get the Valiant during the next N7 event. I used it on my SP Infiltrator and loved loved loved it.

Omega

Banned
Prem Spectre packs were good at first. I upgraded a lot of my weapons and got characters. Then after about my 8th one I just kept getting Krogan Solider/Sentinel or Drell Vanguard with no weapons or mods. I got consumables but I never use them. I barely ever shoot my gun anyway since I'm just spamming warp - throw.

Those premium spectre packs have been treating me nicely. Managed to get Javelin II , Widow up to V, Carnifex up to IV, Disciple, GPS III, Arc Pistol IV(lol). Only 1 character to get which the drell vanguard lol.

About that recruit pack theory I had, seems the higher tier packs are more likely to get you common weapon mods. Its kinda true being able to get uncommon more easier but you have to face the possibility of getting ammo or characters.

The gold runs have become more easier when I slap on some disruptor or cyro ammo on my avenger X to help teammates. I also like the fact that the decoy can still be placed even when you aim it through the wall; really helpful on firebase white for holding down the base. To be honest the recruit packs are there to stock up on rockets, medi-gel, and ammo which is nice.

19 more common weapon mods to unlock...

moop1167

Any of you PC peeps want to do some silver runs in an hour or so? I only have an asari adept and human vanguard at 20 (well those are ones I play since the whole class is lvl 20). Don't think I'd be ready for gold yet.

Origin ID is moop1167

Bought 5 premium packs yesterday after some gold runs.

I seriously got 4 packs that had nothing but character cards (I have all races unlocked already, maxed appearance too). One of them had 2 Asari Adept cards in the SAME pack. The 1 other pack had a Paladin II, so that wasn't too terrible.

Blegh. I just want a Black widow or Javelin (the only 2 i have yet to unlock).

moop1167

Is there any other way to get weapons like the Valiant besides those commendation packs? These contests on the weekend really don't work for me. Does Bioware think every single ME3 spends the weekend on their computer?

Cat Party

Is there any other way to get weapons like the Valiant besides those commendation packs? These contests on the weekend really don't work for me. Does Bioware think every single ME3 spends the weekend on their computer?

Not yet. They're easy to earn, but if you just don't play on the weekends, then you're pretty much screwed.

moop1167

Not yet. They're easy to earn, but if you just don't play on the weekends, then you're pretty much screwed.

Yeah, I don't have time on the weekends. Too busy going out, etc. Bah. Oh well, I only play for fun anyways, and haven't played anything above silver yet. Although I LOVE the Valiant in my infiltrator SP run, so that's kind of what I want.

Sober

No more, no more premium spectre packs. Last couple I unboxed were character cards, and some for characters I already unlocked all the colouring options for. Thank god I finally got a Carnifex II out of all of it.

exYle

So, I've been playing Vanguard recently and, quite frankly, it's been the most frustrated I've ever been at this game. I find myself constantly glitching into walls and ceilings and getting stuck. When the game isn't unceremoniously shoving me into walls, I find myself dying consistently because the game hasn't registered that my Nova fired, or it won't let me charge into an enemy three feet away from me, and my health literally disappears in a flash because the game can't get its shit together and say "oh, hey, you're dying. You should probably Charge. Wait, you can't, because you're dead. I didn't give you enough time to react before I got rid of all your health? Shit, that sucks."

I don't know how you fellas constantly enjoy playing as a Vanguard, because this shit is atrociously bad.

Thanks EA that's another 10K you've swindled me out of.

So, I've been playing Vanguard recently and, quite frankly, it's been the most frustrated I've ever been at this game. I find myself constantly glitching into walls and ceilings and getting stuck. When the game isn't unceremoniously shoving me into walls, I find myself dying consistently because the game hasn't registered that my Nova fired, or it won't let me charge into an enemy three feet away from me, and my health literally disappears in a flash because the game can't get its shit together and say "oh, hey, you're dying. You should probably Charge. Wait, you can't, because you're dead. I didn't give you enough time to react before I got rid of all your health? Shit, that sucks."

I don't know how you fellas constantly enjoy playing as a Vanguard, because this shit is atrociously bad.

This is why you should host whenever you play as a Vanguard!

Ikkarus

Yeah I have pretty much stopped playing my Vanguard because of this, it's a shame as well as I really enjoy playing with it. 3 Adepts and me as the Vanguard just literally charging in to biotic explosions, it felt so damn good, then I die midway through a charge and BAM, I'm rendered completely useless. =(

It really does grate on me.

rozay

Banned

Are you hosting games? Because you should.

If you keep pressing charge/nova and it doesn't work, firing a shot will get it to trigger. That's a bummer, but it happens a lot less when you host.

Replicant

Oh, I had this happened to me once when I was playing female Vanguard. It was weird. It was like I was shooting at enemies that no longer there, got floated midair, not able to move, etc. I got fed up that I ended up quitting the game. I felt sorry for my team mates but I couldn't do anything anyway and I was also really sick at that point so all of those glitches made me feel queasy.

Never played Vanguard again after that though so I have no idea if this is a persistent problem for Vanguard.

Top Bottom