• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

koji

How do you guys get so much money? I want to play Silver but most randoms are too hot-headed to take cover and shoot carefully. Instead they go charging like idiots and then die and expect people to resuscitate them while a bunch of enemies are swarming their bleeding carcass.

Think you're better of grinding bronze games for fast money with low risk compared to doing silver for credits. Silver = 30k and it takes what, about 25mins?, bronze = 15k and you can do a fast run in 16/17minutes (+ you don't have to burn through too many consumables)

Haven't tried gold farming myself though, still a bit low level/bad equipped. Anyway, the money you get for the "hassle" that is silver isn't enough.

So i only needed one more silver match to be able to buy the premium spectre pack, it was still there before i did it. Then i win the match(yay!) just to see it gone...

:(

Oh, is it gone, damn, only needed 10k more. Ah well...

Ikkarus

I like when people kick me out of geth white runs cause they think Human Sentinel sucks. And then I lead when i get into the game.

Also fuck the Geth. Motherfuckers be binary. Gimme dat Batarian Sentinel and my harpoon gun.

Human Sentinel's are awesome since I tend to always main with my Asari Adept so me and them just literally create biotic explosions left, right and center.

Omega

Banned
My friend just gave me his ME3 for PS3 so if anyone wants to play, send me a friend request.

GAF: Rob N Banks | PSN: MikadoNYC (if the OP still gets updated)

I'm low level right now but I prefer Silver/Gold. I refuse to play Bronze. It's absolutely boring.

eek5

Think you're better of grinding bronze games for fast money with low risk compared to doing silver for credits. Silver = 30k and it takes what, about 25mins?, bronze = 15k and you can do a fast run in 16/17minutes (+ you don't have to burn through too many consumables)
Find a fool-proof strategy for gold (i.e. geth/white w/ salarian engineer, all adept biotic explosion party, infiltrators on giant, etc.) and then search specifically for that group of players. You'll rarely ever fail.

milkham

Find a fool-proof strategy for gold (i.e. geth/white w/ salarian engineer, all adept biotic explosion party, infiltrators on giant, etc.) and then search specifically for that group of players. You'll rarely ever fail.

yeah usually if it all goes to hell, its because of the hacking objective being out in the open or a geth hunter gets behind one of the desks

koji

Yeah I should just go and do that, got an AA with a low level Carnifex.

I was talking about the difference between farming credits in bronze and silver though. Don't think the bonus in credits for the step up in difficulty and time is worth it.

Ikkarus

yeah usually if it all goes to hell, its because of the hacking objective being out in the open or a geth hunter gets behind one of the desks

I would say the absolute perfect 4 for the Geth farming would be:

2 x Salarian Engineer
1 x Asari Adept
1 x Quarian Infiltrator (for sabotage and for deactivating missions)

Still it can be done with other classes but the above for me has the least failure rate.

Danj

Haven't tried gold farming myself though, still a bit low level/bad equipped. Anyway, the money you get for the "hassle" that is silver isn't enough.

What level/equipment/class do you have to have before it's safe to consider going up to Silver or Gold levels? Also what's the recommended Bronze grind setting?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
You only need one engineer if you have two biotics (drell, asari, human sentinel) or two infiltrators to deal with primes fast.

Kenaras

Asari Justicar: Biotic Sphere, Reave, Pull
Batarian Soldier: Ballistic Blades, Blade Armor, Inferno Grenade
Geth Engineer: Geth Turret, Hunter Mode, Overload
Batarian Sentinel: Blade Armor, Submission Net, Shockwave
Geth Infiltrator: Tactical Cloak, Hunter Mode, Proximity Mine
Krogan Vanguard: Biotic Charge, Carnage, Barrier

X-Frame

Asari Justicar: Biotic Sphere, Reave, Pull
Batarian Soldier: Ballistic Blades, Blade Armor, Inferno Grenade
Geth Engineer: Geth Turret, Hunter Mode, Overload
Batarian Sentinel: Blade Armor, Submission Net, Shockwave
Geth Infiltrator: Tactical Cloak, Hunter Mode, Proximity Mine
Krogan Vanguard: Biotic Charge, Carnage, Barrier

Wow, I was wrong about the Justicar. Both Pull and Reave -- same as the Drell Adept. And Barrier on the Krogan Vanguard? Hunter Mode on both the Geth's, Blade Armor on both the Batarian's ...

I'm so confused.

Raxus

How do you guys get so much money? I want to play Silver but most randoms are too hot-headed to take cover and shoot carefully. Instead they go charging like idiots and then die and expect people to resuscitate them while a bunch of enemies are swarming their bleeding carcass.

Geth Firebase White Gold runs. All the cool kids are doing it. My best time to date has been 22:11. Most runs last 26-30 minutes. All you need is a salarian engi and an infiltrator makes capture objectives and primes easier. I typically go for tech burst or biotic explosion builds to keep the game moving swiftly.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Geth Firebase White Gold runs. All the cool kids are doing it. My best time to date has been 22:11. Most runs last 26-30 minutes. All you need is a salarian engi and an infiltrator makes capture objectives and primes easier. I typically go for tech burst or biotic explosion builds to keep the game moving swiftly.

What's the tactic for the capture points waves with that setup? Do you let the infiltrator go off on their own to get the points or roll with them?

Rolling round the map on wave 9-10 is where I fail every time on Gold, especially with Geth because you get hunter & rocket trooper combos round every corner.

Justicar will be top tier if Biotic Bubble has good damage resistance. Bubble up on objectives and Reave to set up detonations with three other adepts.

i hope the bubble is time duration, if its damage then something like 2000 shield will deplete in less then a second on gold, but if it is time it needs to be short otherwise it will be way too good.

milkham

What's the tactic for the capture points waves with that setup? Do you let the infiltrator go off on their own to get the points or roll with them?

Rolling round the map on wave 9-10 is where I fail every time on Gold, especially with Geth because you get hunter & rocket trooper combos round every corner.

I think its best if the infiltrator can handle it alone, or if anything the guy with decoy stays in there with someone else. I just played a match (trying to make back some of the money i just spent foolishly) and the other infiltrator would run off AND the salarian engineer would run off, leaving me (infiltrator) alone in there with a panicky turian sentinel. It was ok during an early wave but we ended up having to run after them to pick them up off the floor and it all fell apart.

Ikkarus

Justicar will be top tier if Biotic Bubble has good damage resistance. Bubble up on objectives and Reave to set up detonations with three other adepts.

I think Asari Adept is still more flexible than the Justicar though. I mean you can take an Asari Adept in to any fight and it still be useful. I just think the Justicar will be useful, no doubt but not as desirable as say an Asari Adept or an Infiltrator / Salarian Engineer.

Pull only works on unshielded foes right? Which is why Warp > Pull as you can Warp anyone and then chain a biotic explosion solo where as the Justicar couldn't.

The Geth Infiltrator is my top priority for me. Looks solid!

I think Asari Adept is still more flexible than the Justicar though. I mean you can take an Asari Adept in to any fight and it still be useful. I just think the Justicar will be useful, no doubt but not as desirable as say an Asari Adept or an Infiltrator / Salarian Engineer.

We'll have to see how good Bubble is. If it's basically a free pass for hack/deactivation objectives, I can see a 1 Justicar/3 Asari Adept team becoming pretty popular for Gold runs. Justicar obviously won't be great in a team of randoms with its inability to detonate large targets without assistance.

I didn't even know there was a pack until an hour ago, BioWare be dumb.

Who thought it was a good idea to remain tight-lipped about this?

Top Bottom