• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

LMAO.

I also heard the KV is physically bigger than the other Krogan, though possibly just because his armor hump is gigantic.

Is there anything else different about him compared to the other Krogans? Movement speed, base health/shields, etc?

A bit slower, and his final health is 1600 maxed out, instead of 1200 from the lowly Sentinel and Soldier.

And he does seem bigger, but the camera's pulled back more than the others, thank god. He obscures less than you would think, less than even a Turian I'd say.

milkham

just got the batarian sentinel, not sure what to think but seeing that face on the powers screen creeps me the f out

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
When are they planning to reintroduce the premium spectre packs? I should probably save credits for that since its a little cheaper for 2 rares than buying 2 spectre packs.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Bought four packs, three of them netted me the Krogan Battlemaster, Asari Justicar, and Batarian Soldier - and the first two mentioned were the top two that I wanted, nice.

Saw someone using the Batarian Sentinel with us on Gold and that net is pretty damn nice, and it even seemed to make combos with it as well. We won two Gold matches easy with him and then we took a break.

Cat Party

BioWare can change the drop rate of this stuff on the fly, so I wonder if they upped the drop rate of the new stuff for the premium packs because they couldn't get the other packs to release this week.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
BioWare can change the drop rate of this stuff on the fly, so I wonder if they upped the drop rate of the new stuff for the premium packs because they couldn't get the other packs to release this week.
Didn't stop me from getting a Claymore V and Arc Pistol V :/

RS4-

Oh, fuck, I thought the new packs were next week. Sounds like I should've saved up instead of buying 3-4 packs earlier :(

Omega

Banned
Fuck, via Michael Gamble's twitter:

Unfortunately, due to some technical issues - it doesnt look like we will be running the Resurgence Reinforcement pack this week... BUT...
... don't worry! Spectre Packs (and Premium Specture Packs) will be available containing the new content!

Fuck :/

Nice. By the time those resurgence packs come out I'm going to have half a billion credits.

Mindlog

Bought 3 Premium Spectre Packs so far.
1st blah blah blah Geth Submachine Gun. I like SMGs!
2nd blah blah blah Kishok Harpoon. OK, something new to toy with.
3rd blah blah blah Krogan Battlemaster. I'm so happy :.]

I tried to play a map on Bronze just to screw around on. No takers. A bunch of people quitting and whatnot. So I just went with Silver. Krogan Vanguard with Geth SMG. Even on Silver I was just standing around laughing at the poor Geth shooting at me. Charging with a Barrier on was viable. The detonation radius seemed extremely small and it triggers the cooldown so I never bothered with that much. I mostly left it up. It was mostly charge and swing. Sometimes waste a clip of Geth SMG with extended clip.

If I keep getting new stuff at this rate I'll spend all the credits.

They must have. I can't believe in 3 consecutive packs I got new items.

exYle

I have all three new weapons and none of the new characters.
GODDAMMIT
Hell, I even landed a Paladin and Talon before I got any of these characters. What is this shit.

Raxus

Anyone have an idea of a good geth engineer build?

Max out overload first. Make sure to lower recharge speed and to get the 3 overcharge burst (for tech burst efficiency). Max hunter and get the power boosts from that. Geth Upgrade to get a boost to powers again. And then you can pick either fitness or (my choice) Healturret or Damageturret. It comes down to personal preference. Carry a light gun and you are set.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Second Premium Spectre, got a Harpoon and and an SMG. Nice.

Also my first time farming gold Geth white. Feels good man.

Mindlog

The Geth Submachine Gun I with level 5 clip holds 180 rounds. With the efficiency mod it goes up. Time for phase 2 testing.
Nice pair to use on your Turian Soldier. :)
Also, 2 more premium Spectre Packs.
*Carnifex X, Batarian Soldier
*Asari Justicar

I'm strongly leaning towards tweaked drop rates this week.

*edit*
Bronze (lol) Trial report #1.
Turian Soldier Marksman (Firing Rate, Duration, Accuracy & Fire)
Geth Plasma SMG 1 (Magazin V, Heat Sink V)
SMG Damage III, AP Ammo III

An Atlas dies in less than one clip.

Cobra84

Spend credits on packs now or wait for next week. Decisions decisions.

The premium spectre pack is more valuable than anything in the DLC. The classes aren't too hard to get in the current packs. The Geth smg and the harpoon gun are not very good (don't know about the rifle).

DarkKyo

I think Batarian Sentinel is actually really fun so far. I'm maximizing everything but net-- leaving that bar empty. So you can smack a bunch of guys around with shockwave and close in for the batarian falcon punch(which is boosted due to melee bonuses with the spike armor). I've only got him to level 14 so far but I'm enjoying it. Though I would have rather unlocked Geth Infiltrator personally.

Omega

Banned
Decided to buy one spectre pack, got a Geth Engineer.

This class is amazing. Don't really like the way I spec'd my Geth Turret but it's still really good. Just played a game against Geth on Gold and it did a lot of damage to every enemy. Once a Prime's shields were taken down, it made lightwork of it. Was good for keeping enemies at bay (it's like a Decoy, only it doesn't last as long because the Geth can actually do damage to it)

Hunter mode is great, but it's drawbacks are the annoying effect on your screen and how if an enemy even looks at you, you're practically dead.

I also got a Batarian Solider. But fuck Soldier. I vowed to never play that class again, it's beyond garbage unless someone can convince me that the Batarian is worth playing.

Mindlog

It looks like they fixed the Premium Spectre Pack drop rates. I bought one last pack before I have to quit and all I got was the stupid Black Widow.

RyanDG

So Sphere only has like 30% damage reduction. Complete crap, it should be at LEAST 60% base, and 80% maxed.

To be honest... I've been using it more as an offensive weapon than defensive. Especially when teamed up with a Salarian Engineer who has a Decoy out. Place the bubble on the Decoy and then just get the damage taken against all the enemies that are swarming the decoy. I haven't really been using it at all defensively.

exYle

So Sphere only has like 30% damage reduction. Complete crap, it should be at LEAST 60% base, and 80% maxed.

The sphere works as the setup for biotic detonations. It also has a fast recharge speed and it lasts for quite a whole. There had to be a tradeoff somewhere...

The Geth SMG is kinda fun. Damage-wise, it's a little useless but I can't help but enjoy spitting 180 rounds in the blink of an eye (with thermal clip)

Top Bottom