• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

The sphere works as the setup for biotic detonations. It also has a fast recharge speed and it lasts for quite a whole. There had to be a tradeoff somewhere...

The Geth SMG is kinda fun. Damage-wise, it's a little useless but I can't help but enjoy spitting 180 rounds in the blink of an eye (with thermal clip)

The detonations only work as an evolution for Rank 6, and they barely do any damage, you're better off taking shield recharge.

Samara

Ok, I'm confused : did the DLC is up for PS3 or not ?

I don't have 1.03 update and there's nothing on the store.

What am I missing ?

I'm in Canada so who know but, maybe the patch went on and you didn't notice. But that is not the DLC.

The DLC is in the PSN store, I found it under the little ads by luck, you might have to search for it if not.

Super bummed out bought fourth premium pack of the night and nothing. I even got a human infiltrator card which I have all the customization unlocked already.

BOOM!

of9Xm.gif

hahaha awesome, midswing on the phantom too!

wait did her head blow off?

batarian melee will pop heads, also his regular melee 3-hit combo is beastly, better then krogan charges imo.

also the geth smg is amazing, best smg out of them all so far and it is actually useful, a beast against shields when it's going full pelt.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Man, they're really praying on people to blow money on packs to try to unlock the new stuff. I almost did it myself, but I'm still holding strong.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Haha dammit enzo, in the split second my tv shuts down I see your invite. Not ducking you, but it's 4 in the morning over here and I should get some sleep.

Mindlog

The detonations only work as an evolution for Rank 6, and they barely do any damage, you're better off taking shield recharge.
Yeah, because of the powers used the detonations aren't as strong as other combinations. However, I had to get one more game in to test it... Reave incoming enemy, bubble (boom), Reave (boom.) No other class can solo chain detonations anywhere near as fast.

Kyari

I think people sort of forget that the reason the DLC is free is because they will likely make more money on people buying new packs than they would have on the DLC.

It's a good system IMO, I have bought about 3 spec packs with allards since the game came out, they deserve that for the awesome multiplayer.

DarkKyo

Wow, just hit up a premium spectre pack. No new stuff but I did get a Widow! Finaaally, after so much trying for it.. as soon as I start trying for the new stuff I get what I used to want most.

witness

So I played quite a bit today on my BF3 soldier, love that armor, and I got up to level 16 before my wife got sick of seeing me play. Though quite a few times, probably 5-maybe more, I would get kicked very soon after joining a lobby through quick match. I don't understand why that kept happening with random different groups and its not like very group was full of 20s either.......

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Haha dammit enzo, in the split second my tv shuts down I see your invite. Not ducking you, but it's 4 in the morning over here and I should get some sleep.
Heh, no problem man. Was just in a lobby and nobody would join, so I threw ya an invite.

I think people sort of forget that the reason the DLC is free is because they will likely make more money on people buying new packs than they would have on the DLC.

Seems more likely that it's a way of getting some badly needed positive PR. Anything else is just a bonus.

So I played quite a bit today on my BF3 soldier, love that armor, and I got up to level 16 before my wife got sick of seeing me play. Though quite a few times, probably 5-maybe more, I would get kicked very soon after joining a lobby through quick match. I don't understand why that kept happening with random different groups and its not like very group was full of 20s either.......

Make sure you're searching for bronze, or silver if you want, and not Any, as that will put you in go,d lobbies.

Sai

Got the Krogan AR too. Good times.

Description makes it sound like a grenade launcher. Is it like the Falcon, or more like a traditional AR with more "oomph"?

[EDIT] - Nevermind: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbHi5X7KHQs

Eh... Somewhere in between? Seems like I'll have a lil' more fun with it than the Falcon, anyways. I'll give it to my Krogan Soldier, and maybe the Krogan Vanguard, whenever I unlock it.

Got the harpoon gun man is it terrible. About the only good thing about it is the stagger. I doesn't pierce even with a mod and it has this dumb arc that makes headshots stupid hard to get.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Just had a round on Condor where my asari warp and throw didn't apply most of the time. The Cerberus enemies weren't always dodging, a lot of the time I was getting hits while they were walking or in cover. Has this happened to anyone else? An asari vanguard player on the team had the same problem.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sorry I couldn't help you in your game HK-47. I assume your on 1.03? Restarted my Xbox and everything, I haven't received the update yet. Said I couldn't join because I was on a different title update :/

EDIT: Anyone wanna join us in a 360 lobby? Add me: arvinater. And I'll send you an invite.

Sai

:/... Yeah, nevermind. Thought the Striker Assault Rifle was kind of poo. I'll just leave my Krogan with the Graal Spike Thrower.

The Justicar is totally for support. Geared her Bubble, Reave, and Fitness stats for it too.

[EDIT] - Oh, right—Firebase Hydra is really nice!

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Just had a round on Condor where my asari warp and throw didn't apply most of the time. The Cerberus enemies weren't always dodging, a lot of the time I was getting hits while they were walking or in cover. Has this happened to anyone else? An asari vanguard player on the team had the same problem.

It's a sync issue with the host. I had the same thing happen to me last weekend every time I tried to play a game as a biotic. I had to play a soldier for a couple days because the only thing I could do without glitching was shoot.

impirius

Is there something about Wave 9 or 10 of Gold matches that makes maintaining a connection to the EA servers more difficult? This is the second time this week. Still haven't gotten the victory or commendation packs from last week, either. Meh.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
For some reason, on the Hydra map, my salarian engineer decoy wasn't always showing in some places. Have this happened to anyone?

X-Frame

Widow X on my Geth Infiltrator "Terminal 770-I" is a monster.

Hunter Mode ON plus Tactical Cloak is awesome. I ignored Proximity Mine and maxed everything else. Can't wait to get the Engineer though.

rozay

Banned
For some reason, on the Hydra map, my salarian engineer decoy wasn't always showing in some places. Have this happened to anyone?
My asari adept lost all warp/firing animations and graphics midway through a match. First time it's happened, and it's annoying as fuck because you have no idea if anything you're doing is working (can't see the stasis bubble for example)

Havok

Ended up getting the harpoon gun in my first pack today.

And I totally hated it. The scope is so weak that it actually makes it more difficult to see enemies, there's no obvious feedback for when you have hit or missed your target, and the arc on the shot was really messing with me. Ended up going back to my Mantis X after two games of desperately trying to like it.

For what it's worth, I think Hydra is a really great level. Lots of fun.

Absol

Played for a few hours today and got 2x Batarian Soldier, Batarian Sentinel, Geth Infiltrator, Striker, and the harpoon sniper. Not bad.

Also, joined a room with two other Batarian Soldiers with the Striker rifle. It was bronze so we pretty much goofed off. So many exploding grenade spam and exploding Cerberus heads. That was a fun match. Better than the usual gold geth farm match, heh.

X-Frame

Is it worth putting the Piercing Mod on a Sniper Rifle like the Widow?

I didn't notice any additional armor damage using it compared to without it.

Top Bottom