• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Sai

Is it worth putting the Piercing Mod on a Sniper Rifle like the Widow?

I didn't notice any additional armor damage using it compared to without it.
I think the Widow already does more than a decent job of penetrating cover. You're better off giving it more damage per shot, or spare clips.

SaberVulcan

Widow X on my Geth Infiltrator "Terminal 770-I" is a monster.

Hunter Mode ON plus Tactical Cloak is awesome. I ignored Proximity Mine and maxed everything else. Can't wait to get the Engineer though.

And I thought Widow I was good enough xD.

I am contemplating using a respec on my Geth Infiltrator, ignoring Prox Mine and getting the +vision/speed Hunter bonus. Seems like a better idea.

SaberVulcan

Got the Disciple and Kishock Harpoon Gun from 2 packs, not too sure about the Kishock and I don't like the Disciple.

Disciple I have started to like just because its a very lightweight shotgun. Kishock I messed around with a bit but not only do you have to charge it, but you have to guess most of your shots, especially with the way NPCs erratically move or do backflips when they are Overloaded.

Mindlog

Is it worth putting the Piercing Mod on a Sniper Rifle like the Widow?

I didn't notice any additional armor damage using it compared to without it.
There's a bug with it. I believe it lessens the Widow's damage after penetrating an object. I use ammo + barrel on my high-level Widow. It does enough damage, but even with ~30 in the clip I can still run out of rounds on gold. Perfect combination.

Hoping I get a Geth Infiltrator. Trying to figure out how best to spec it for close quarters shotgunning. The Salarian Infiltrator is all I need for sniping.

SaberVulcan

Hoping I get a Geth Infiltrator. Trying to figure out how best to spec it for close quarters shotgunning. The Salarian Infiltrator is all I need for sniping.

Although I could be wrong, but I would rather swap those roles. To fully utilize Hunter Mode you should be standing back, you are incredibly squishy and after you shoot a fully-charged Geth Shotgun blast, you will probably die in a second from anyone else around your target.

Salarians can atleast shoot one guy, and steal barrier from another, along with having higher health in general.

I will say this though, Geth Infiltrator's melee is absolutely amazing, and I have been contemplating a shotgun/melee build, but Hunter Mode would have to be skipped unless you want to die a lot.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Got the Disciple and Kishock Harpoon Gun from 2 packs, not too sure about the Kishock and I don't like the Disciple.

The Disciple is pretty good at X.

I was using it to good effect on a Batarian Sentinel. Actually was a good thing I had it because the build I chose wasn't good for much of anything else. I thought the net would be much bigger on the ground, useful as an AoE trap but it is tiny and usually sticks to a target. I also thought I could do explosions with shockwave onto chained targets but no dice.

Probably better with a melee build but the melee is so janky in this game I can't be bothered.

Xevren

Only new class I unlocked tonight was the Geth Engineer, and only new weapon was the Geth SMG. SMG seems bleh, which isn't much of a shocker. Haven't had a chance to use the Engy yet, will give it a shot tomorrow.

I decided to play with the Scorpion and I really like it on my Asari Adept. Nice having even more explosions to go with my biotics.

Nori Chan

So I'm joining a silver lobby so I can level up my Inflitrator (lvl 2) with nothing but lower 100 people and they try to kick me out.

I'm like 300 N7 rank and do gold runs on a daily basis. I'm pretty sure I know what the fuck I'm doing. I go out to talk shit and leave. People in this game are so fucking stupid.

eek5

So I'm joining a silver lobby so I can level up my Inflitrator (lvl 2) with nothing but lower 100 people and they try to kick me out.

I'm like 300 N7 rank and do gold runs on a daily basis. I'm pretty sure I know what the fuck I'm doing. I go out to talk shit and leave. People in this game are so fucking stupid.

Lol. I run a GPS X and a Widow X on low level classes in silver and get booted.

So I was able to get the Asari Justicar and Krogan Vanguard (along with the Geth SMG and Krogan Assault Rifle).

Justicar: How should you spec the bubble? I specced it offensively but am now thinking I should have done the opposite. But the strategy I read earlier in the thread about placing it on the decoy sounds like one of the best ways to use it. But is it only good (offensively, that is) in that situation? Because it seems hard to get enemies to enter it otherwise.

Krogan Vanguard:
Not sure if it's just me, but I find barrier completely useless. Because it shares the same cooldown as charge (and slows down your power usage), I don't see why you'd use it, especially since the whole strategy with vanguards is to charge from enemy to enemy to keep your barriers up. I really wanted to like this character, but I'm not feeling him right now. How do you guys like him?

Really looking forward to playing as the other classes.

I bought a Spectre pack and a premium Spectre pack and got no new characters. :-/

Took me like 6 premium packs, but I unlocked a Battlemaster and Geth Engie with my last two. It sucks not getting cool stuff.

In case people were wondering the Battlemaster looks way bigger then normal Krogan. Everybody feels small next to you, but Bioware pulled the camera back enough that its not annoying. Also I haven't played a gold match, but they are perfectly viable on silver with a Disciple since that gives a quick enough recharge time on charge that you should have shields up all the time. When Barrier detonates it triggers a lift on unprotected targets.

Played some matches with a friend who unlocked Justicar, while I unlocked Batarian Sentinel

Judticar bubble is so ridiculously good, and the Batarian plays like a tank. Do they have higher health or something? I was damn near unkillable in Gold matches. The Net power is kinda buggy, but is a ghetto stasis.

Also unlocked the Geth SMG. Its really good too! Finally something to waste my SMG Damage + equipment.

Having characters without rolls/evades is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen, right along with the inability to change cover positions.

"Oh, I'm a Krogan. I am incapable of moving 5ft over there. This makes perfect sense."

I could understand if this was competitive MP and the difference in health/shields actually mattered... but in co-op only? Where the enemies take and deal 10x the amount of damage you can?

You need to be able to fucking roll, hop, or atomic-fart your ass 3ft to the side to avoid the goddamn shit coming your way.

Oh yeah, Batarian Sentinel sucks. Spiderweb needs to wrap up more dudes.

... and the Batarian plays like a tank. Do they have higher health or something? I was damn near unkillable in Gold matches. The Net power is kinda buggy, but is a ghetto stasis.

My Sentinel has 1238 health and shields.

So I was able to get the Asari Justicar and Krogan Vanguard (along with the Geth SMG and Krogan Assault Rifle).

Justicar: How should you spec the bubble? I specced it offensively but am now thinking I should have done the opposite. But the strategy I read earlier in the thread about placing it on the decoy sounds like one of the best ways to use it. But is it only good (offensively, that is) in that situation? Because it seems hard to get enemies to enter it otherwise.

What makes the bubble difficult to cast on enemies? Does it have a short deployment range (like decoy)?

What makes the bubble difficult to cast on enemies? Does it have a short deployment range (like decoy)?

The difficult part is getting enemies to enter (and stay in the bubble). Putting it around the decoy makes the most sense, because groups of enemies will gather around it. But in scenarios without a decoy, it's a little more difficult -- you'd have to either A) run up to a group of enemies, cast it, and then run away. Or B) cast it in an area that enemies spawn and hope the enemies say within the bubble.

Like I said -- not too sure the best way to spec it. I guess if you're gold farming on Firebase White, it's a no-brainer to spec it offensively.

Either that or cast it, and have Asaris stasis enemies that walk through the bubble. But even if that were happen, an enemy locked in stasis will go down quick anyways, so it's not like the extra damage from the bubble will really help all that much.

Played a bronze round as the Geth engie specced to power spam overload, but I could see a spec dedicated to weapon damage being viable as well. Hunter mode is interesting its basically a permanent buff to the all Geth's stats, gives wall hack, and gives tunnel vision. Its incredibly powerful and begs for some kind of piercing weapon. Then there's the Geth racial that increase your damage with Geth weapon's by at least 5%, but that can be buffed to 15%. Otherwise it behaves pretty similar to the Turian racial. I haven't specced into it, but the Engies turret can restore everybody on your team's shield by 350 every 8 seconds and can be buffed to do it every 5 seconds and 525 shield. The last thing worth noting is the Geth's heavy melee its an AoE attack that take a quarter of you shield to activate and pulses for about 10 seconds doing progressively more damage which each pulse. I'm not 100% sure on the increased damage per pulse, but regardless I think its the best heavy melee after the Krogan one.

I expect a heavy nerf to Geth in the near future.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!

I was in a game the other day where one adept carried us through one round (100+ kills) and the other two team members tried to kick him afterwards. I just readied up and they both quit. Could not understand it, I think they were pissed that he wasn't running around reviving their stupid asses every time they died.

For some reason, on the Hydra map, my salarian engineer decoy wasn't always showing in some places. Have this happened to anyone?

Every time I killed a Banshee on one of the new maps her body would disappear. There'd be purple lights surrounding her invisible body as she'd stretch out her arm in that death animation, and then those weird flakes when she disintegrates, but there's no actual body. :lol

Played some matches with a friend who unlocked Justicar, while I unlocked Batarian Sentinel

Judticar bubble is so ridiculously good, and the Batarian plays like a tank. Do they have higher health or something? I was damn near unkillable in Gold matches. The Net power is kinda buggy, but is a ghetto stasis.

Also unlocked the Geth SMG. Its really good too! Finally something to waste my SMG Damage + equipment.

batarians have 750/750 base health and shields, compared to 500/500 human and 1000/1000 krogan.

X-Frame

And I thought Widow I was good enough xD.

I am contemplating using a respec on my Geth Infiltrator, ignoring Prox Mine and getting the +vision/speed Hunter bonus. Seems like a better idea.

That is exactly what I have.

Prox Mine makes a lot of sense since with Hunter Mode ON you can see exactly where mobs are coming from, but then again at that point I would rather just continue cloaking and SHOOTING THEIR HEADS OFF. :)

Dreamer RD

Level 2 is too low even for silver. Usually I level up promoted class on bronze until level 6 (I have rank 1040 and people never kick me even if I pick low level char)

I've made it through silver runs with low level characters, I just equipped myself with a good weapon and it wasn't hard at all. I can see a level 2 infiltrator can contribute with just 1 point in cloaking and a decent sniper rifle provided the player is good enough

Dreamer RD

So, Krogan Vanguard is piece of crap? One of them joined my session on FB White geth farming and died really fast after first charge (before that he was in cover and tried to shoot with some worthless gun)

witness

Well the new patch broke my game, downloaded the patch this morning and now every time the game starts with connecting to the ea server, the Xbox just hard locks. No guide, can't do anything, have to manually shut it down. This has happened 3 times in a row this morning, I give up.

Happen to anyone else?

Dreamer RD

Well the new patch broke my game, downloaded the patch this morning and now every time the game starts with connecting to the ea server, the Xbox just hard locks. No guide, can't do anything, have to manually shut it down. This has happened 3 times in a row this morning, I give up.

Happen to anyone else?

A friend of mine had the same issue on PS3. Solved it by completely deleting game data and redownloading.

X-Frame

So, Krogan Vanguard is piece of crap? One of them joined my session on FB White geth farming and died really fast after first charge (before that he was in cover and tried to shoot with some worthless gun)

Much more likely it wasn't the KV's fault but a poor player.

Apparently the KV gets 1600 health maxed whereas the Sold/Sent only gets 1200. He is a "battlemaster" though.

Dreamer RD

Much more likely it wasn't the KV's fault but a poor player.

Apparently the KV gets 1600 health maxed whereas the Sold/Sent only gets 1200. He is a "battlemaster" though.

Yeah heard about high defence. Is he good enough like human spamhard? I mean, what he can do after charge compared to Nova?

Absol

Happen to anyone else?

Mine hard locked once, had to shut it down too. Also joined a lobby were there were two of me, a level zero dude with a blank name and class, and a normal looking dude. i don't know game seems to more buggier than usual.

maybe I have played too much lately but I am getting rather annoyed with the weapons, the new harpoon gun is alright but unless you host you have to deal with lag on your shots, not being able to even side hop as a batarian is stupid and ruins the class, I think the best thing going for that class is to go maximum melee power and then run around with a rifle or shotgun, tried so many things but he still kind of sucks.

Adept asari and selerian infiltrator are still way too good to even bother with most other classes, bah balance...

I miss the days when both EU and US PSN stores were updated on thursdays. It's extremely annoying when the other area gets content earlier. Especially as you can't download US content for a EU game.

I guess the technical problem for the special resurgence pack was in fact, the EU store not being able to put the dlc up.

Bioware and/or Sony are really screwing PS3 players

Rapstah

Ran into a bug yesterday: on the foundry map, the one with the red beam in the middle where you move a crane in SP, the last two Cerberus soldiers of all waves would never jump down from the ceiling, and therefore every way had to end with us running around trying to find idle enemies chilling in the ceiling. Sucked.

Also, are Spectre packs the official best way to get the new classes?

I guess the technical problem for the special resurgence pack was in fact, the EU store not being able to put the dlc up.

Bioware and/or Sony are really screwing PS3 players

If you read the BioWare blog (http://blog.bioware.com/2012/04/06/mass-effect-3-resurgence-pack/), you'll see that the DLC for Europe was always scheduled for today, April 11th. It's not like they were ignoring you or anything.

From the FAQ:

When is the Resurgence Pack available?

The Resurgence Pack is available on April 10th for Xbox 360 and PC worldwide. For PlayStation 3 owners the pack will be available on April 10th in North American and April 11th in Europe.

Melchiah

Played the MP yesterday, and now I'm actually liking it when it doesn't feel like I'm forced to play it to unlock something for the SP. I'm looking forward to trying the new maps tonight.

One thing that started to trouble me yesterday was, that a couple of times the graphics went really saturated for a while, and now I'm wondering whether anyone else has witnessed something like that, or whether it was a sign of the old 60GB PS3 dying on me. =/

Top Bottom