• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Played the MP yesterday, and now I'm actually liking it when it doesn't feel like I'm forced to play it to unlock something for the SP. I'm looking forward to trying the new maps tonight.

One thing that started to trouble me yesterday was, that a couple of times the graphics went really saturated for a while, and now I'm wondering whether anyone else has witnessed something like that, or whether it was a sign of the old 60GB PS3 dying on me. =/

Correct me if im wrong, but did that happen while playing a krogan?

MNC

The second spectre pack I buy in my ME3MP career and it's a fucking ARC PISTOL. I FUCKING HATE THE ARC PISTOL.

Why when I'm shooting with my Widow V (with damage mod + penetrating power mod) a low shielded enemy, the bullet just scrap the shield left but don't damage underneath.

Example : I shoot a geth prime cloaked, it ripped half of his shield.

I reload, teamates lower his shield to the last bar. I shoot again. The bar disapear : armor is intact.

rozay

Banned
Why when I'm shooting with my Widow V (with damage mod + penetrating power mod) a low shielded enemy, the bullet just scrap the shield left but don't damage underneath.

Example : I shoot a geth prime cloaked, it ripped half of his shield.

I reload, teamates lower his shield to the last bar. I shoot again. The bar disapear : armor is intact.
that's the "shield gate.". When you do enough damage to take out shields, the remaining damage you do to the next layer depends on difficulty: 50% in bronze, 25% in silver, 0% in gold. It always takes at least 2 hits to kill a shielded enemy in gold.

Raxus

The second spectre pack I buy in my ME3MP career and it's a fucking ARC PISTOL. I FUCKING HATE THE ARC PISTOL.

Haha. Joke is on you I have all my gold weapons at level ten that aren't resurgence so I never have to bother with the arc pistol!.... feels bad man :(

The difficult part is getting enemies to enter (and stay in the bubble). Putting it around the decoy makes the most sense, because groups of enemies will gather around it. But in scenarios without a decoy, it's a little more difficult -- you'd have to either A) run up to a group of enemies, cast it, and then run away. Or B) cast it in an area that enemies spawn and hope the enemies say within the bubble.

Like I said -- not too sure the best way to spec it. I guess if you're gold farming on Firebase White, it's a no-brainer to spec it offensively.

Either that or cast it, and have Asaris stasis enemies that walk through the bubble. But even if that were happen, an enemy locked in stasis will go down quick anyways, so it's not like the extra damage from the bubble will really help all that much.

Wow, that's insane. Sounds really, really difficult to use properly unless you apply some sort of retreating playstyle.

That bubble would work so much better with an Asari Vanguard (swap out Lift Grenades).

Raxus

that's the "shield gate.". When you do enough damage to take out shields, the remaining damage you do to the next layer depends on difficulty: 50% in bronze, 25% in silver, 0% in gold. It always takes at least 2 hits to kill a shielded enemy in gold.

That is why it is important to have either a gun that shoots multiple shots or a powerful shield drain ability on gold so you can maximize damage ASAP and not waste valuable ammo on a regenerating shield.

Very interesting thank you.

That is why it is important to have either a gun that shoots multiple shots or a powerful shield drain ability on gold so you can maximize damage asap and not waste valuable ammo on a regenerating shield.

Indeed. With my salarian infiltrator, I tend to abuse the decloak delay : energy drain to draw the shield out then head shot when the cloak is still up. It's pretty tricky but very effective.

X-Frame

Since I rarely snipe but I was a lot last night with the Geth Infiltrator I realized that one-shotting full health/shield Pyro's is possible I assume because the Widow penetration hits their tank and they instantly explode.

So much fun I went Pyro hunting for a while. That ignores the shield gate too.

I also can't wait to try my Claymore X on my GI as the Claymore ignores the shield gate too and since the GI has the highest potential for damage it will be interesting to see what I can't one-shot.

>:)

Nori Chan

Level 2 is too low even for silver. Usually I level up promoted class on bronze until level 6 (I have rank 1040 and people never kick me even if I pick low level char)

I have a Widow V. I know what I can or can't do.

Fuck Bronze, only pussies and Krogans play Bronze.

Inversive

Any idea when the EU PS store will update? I'm getting sick of checking :p

+1 for doing silver as a level 1, it's not hard if you know what you're doing.

Raxus

I have a Widow V. I know what I can or can't do.

Fuck Bronze, only pussies and Krogans play Bronze.

Don't shit on Krogans bro. They aren't like those filthy Batarians. F'ing Batarians.

Also I have done Gold on level 1 a few times. It is all skill, not level. A level 10 Carnifex goes a long way and if my team is smart then the round goes well.

Lmao. I have Widow X and what? Bronze is nice for fast leveling up weak character.

Best solution for leveling low character is to enter a gold match as a salarian character and then when everybody hits " ready " swap character really fast for a low level krogan.

People will love you

Cat Party

Hydra is a great map. Extraction is hard as hell, though, because of how exposed you are.

I played Condor once and I have no desire to ever go back again.

Mindlog

Krogan Vanguard: Not sure if it's just me, but I find barrier completely useless...How do you guys like him?
One of my favorite classes. I keep the Barrier up. My main weapon is a Disciple VII with knife and barrel. He can withstand a ton of punishment. On silver with a barrier up I can solo melee charge a Geth Prime to death.

Then again my multiplayer games are quickly expanding beyond standard gold setups and I'm really enjoying it. On silver I was with a team and we were all basically screwing around with new toys. We win and the host decides to bump the difficulty up to gold. I panic and switch to Salarian God of Death (Infiltrator.) The rest of the team is a level 12 Krogan Sentinel, ~12 Turian Soldier with Geth Plasma SMG and a Quarian Infiltrator.

We random Ghost/Cerberus. I used to dread trying to fight Cerberus without an Asari Adept. It comes close a couple of times, but we get paid. If that happens again I am keeping my Krogan Vanguard.

I've even had fun with the Batarian Soldier. Activate Blade Armor, CarnifeX with pistol stunner and melee all things.

Since I rarely snipe but I was a lot last night with the Geth Infiltrator I realized that one-shotting full health/shield Pyro's is possible I assume because the Widow penetration hits their tank and they instantly explode.
When farming GGW there are only two shots I really worry about aiming. A Pyro through shot (head -> tank) and the Geth Prime headshot.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Do the DLC maps count towards the finish 6 maps on Gold Achievement? I'm at five and I hate the reactor map. Got up till wave 9 in Hydra but failed. Last pack I got contained the Geth Infiltrator. Haven't tried him out yet but quite excited too. Just sucks they had to give him Proximity Mine of all powers.

SaberVulcan

Just did a silver match as a Krogan Sentinel with 3 Infiltrators. It was just a LETS MAUL THE KROGAN fest, yet hilariously effective.

metalshade

I may be going crazy, but I am absolutely sure I read somewhere that there will be a patch coming out that allows the owners of the collectors editions or the preorder bonus weapon packs to allow them access to those weapons in multiplayer.
Is that actually true or am I just going insane from spending nearly all my free time reading posts on GAF rather than actually playing my games?
EDIT: I am not talking about patch 1.03, which I got on my Xbox this morning.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I may be going crazy, but I am absolutely sure I read somewhere that there will be a patch coming out that allows the owners of the collectors editions or the preorder bonus weapon packs to allow them access to those weapons in multiplayer.
Is that actually true or am I just going insane from spending nearly all my free time reading posts on GAF rather than actually playing my games?
It was part of a rumour from a 4chan post, that ended up not being tied to the original leak for the resurgence pack anyways. In there he described that along with other stuff that we'd get in a pack later.

I think you are correct on this.

metalshade

It was part of a rumour from a 4chan post, that ended up not being tied to the original leak for the resurgence pack anyways. In there he described that along with other stuff that we'd get in a pack later.

So I was trolled.
Shame. But I can see that being a bit of a bad idea PR wise, so probably better if that wasnt implemented anyways.

Hey guys, Resurgence weekend was just announced.

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/04/11/operation-resurgence/

You get a Reserves pack after the weekend if you have the DLC, which includes one of the new characters guaranteed.

Easiest challenge ever! Not that I'm complaining or anything. This is great for me because I'm not sure how much time I'm going to have play this week, so at least I know I'll be guaranteed a new character if I don't get lucky and unlock the other 4 the next few days.

Played a TON yesterday. I got all weapons, and 5/6 of the classes. I am only missing Geth Infiltrator, I am super interested too. Batarians net power sucks/is hard to use.

TheYanger

Don't shit on Krogans bro. They aren't like those filthy Batarians. F'ing Batarians.

Also I have done Gold on level 1 a few times. It is all skill, not level. A level 10 Carnifex goes a long way and if my team is smart then the round goes well.

You get carried bro. Level 1's simply lack the skill points to have any useful abilities, yeah your guns can do damage but that's it. Hence the "If my team is smart it goes well" no crap, because they basically 3 manned it with some added carnifex dps.

They're never going to give a credit bonus, will they?

Likely not as it would dissuade folks from spending real money. Business wise, it makes perfect sense. Consumer wise, it kinda sucks.

I'd be happier if they just added bonus credits to getting a full extraction when finishing match. Would make getting an extraction way more worthwhile for us high-leveled folks.

Inversive

Hunter mode is awesome, it's just shame they felt the need to put a bunch of distracting/ugly shit on the screen when it's activated.

SaberVulcan

Likely not as it would dissuade folks from spending real money. Business wise, it makes perfect sense. Consumer wise, it kinda sucks.

I'd be happier if they just added bonus credits to getting a full extraction when finishing match. Would make getting an extraction way more worthwhile for us high-leveled folks.

God this so hard. Honestly there is no point in it at level 20, just spread out and survive, throw an infiltrator in there to get the win.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
I had the pleasure of trying geth engineer yesterday and that sucker will be tricky to build. Three incredibly useful skills I want to level to max! Turret is already there for shield recharge but I think I will skip the final evolution in Hunter Mode to free up some points for Overload.

Yes, I want to max out training and fitness (I'm a loser) especially for the power/weight bonuses and rifles weight reduction. Infiltrator will get raw weapon damage and my N7 Crusader.

rozay

Banned
Great, the patch is making the 360 freeze at the title screen when "Connecting to EA" and none of the fixes in this thread work.

Isn't this what the weeks of testing Microsoft requires for patches are meant to find?

Top Bottom