• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Xevren

Is the Wraith shotgun any good? Just got that in a pack, don't think I've ever seen anyone use it or even see much talk about it.

Ken

Is the Wraith shotgun any good? Just got that in a pack, don't think I've ever seen anyone use it or even see much talk about it.

Not really, but I'm not much of a shotgun guy. Then again, I have a Geth Plasma Shotgun X so that kind of set my standards for what I expect from other shotguns pretty high.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
lol if you dont have cluster grenades as a drell anything, you are doing it wrong. Best panic button in the game.

Especially good when paired with Human Vanguard or with Salarian decoy.

rozay

Banned
I don't really like how the eviscerator feels in this game for some reason, which sucks because it was my favorite shotgun in ME2. The Wraith is simply a much more powerful version with a 2 shot clip.

Any geth engineer specs yet?

And is it a good idea to use the geth rifle and smg together with him?

I use 6/6/6/5/3 and seem to do well with it. I switched guns between matches just to see how I do. I still do best with a Carnifex, but my Geth rilfe and SMG are rank I so maybe at higher levels its better. I just spam Overload nonstop and go for headshots.

KuroNeeko

Just dropped by to say that all you guys who lauded the Carnifax were right. The Predator is just sitting on my shelf now gathering dust. I cheated on my Carni once with my new Arc Pistol I got last night, but quickly went back. NEVER AGAIN!

Any geth engineer specs yet?

And is it a good idea to use the geth rifle and smg together with him?

The geth rifle is awful.

Go 6/6/6/6/0

Spec turret for healing, overload for chain, hunter vision for power recharge, Damage, and then enhanced vision. Spec networked Ai for power stuff

Mindlog

Not only that, if you're like me and have over a 100 Thermal Clip Packs saved up (and you can use multiple ones during match), you can effectively chuck ENDLESS grenades at once.
I used to not like grenades. Then I crossed 250 thermal clip packs.
What the hell am I supposed to do with so many thermal clip packs?
All grenades, go.

X-Frame

Are either Batarian's viable on Gold?

I used to not like grenades. Then I crossed 250 thermal clip packs.
What the hell am I supposed to do with so many thermal clip packs?
All grenades, go.

I have been saving mine for when the Reave bug is fixed on the Drell Adept, and then I am using ALL 250+ of mine. I CAN'T WAIT. :)

Absol

Wish I took some pictures. Not sure what I did to the RNG Gods today but I'm happy. Got three n7 stuff in a row. First two PSP got black widow each, then third got a saber and the Geth engineer.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I feel like i should respec my Justicar without Pull and put all those points into Fitness, i barely seem to use it.

Violet_0

Banned
Condor takes forever but seems to be perfect for gold runs. The Krogan Vanguard looks like he's going to be a suitable replacement for Human Vanguards, but unfortunately I can't play this class.

Raxus

Just dropped by to say that all you guys who lauded the Carnifax were right. The Predator is just sitting on my shelf now gathering dust. I cheated on my Carni once with my new Arc Pistol I got last night, but quickly went back. NEVER AGAIN!

One of the best weapons in the game. I use it on virtually all of my classes.

Once I get all the new characters I may never buy another premium specter again. It seems I can only pull so many ultra rares before they just stop giving them to me. It is getting ludicrous.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
So can someone tell me why proxy mine is fucking left bumper on geth infiltrator? I wanna aim it so i can follow up shottie, but the left bumper is aim. Fucking lack of hotkey select.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Batarian sentinel only so far.

I want Geth Infiltrator :(.

Geth Infiltrator is pretty awesome. I had a good time sniping with BW, but I think I'll promote and respec for shotgun fun (probably Claymore because I don't like charging the GPS).

Hunter Mode is tolerable, but it's hard to see the objective indicators through all the clutter. Maybe it gets easier with practice.

Just got geth engineer and have been killing with him. Turret specced full aggression, hunter maxed out with chain overload.

I just got a black widow 1 with a 60,000 Credit pack as well!

Geth Engineer with geth SMG II is great. Really quick recharge of chain overload etc.

the only thing is the hunter mode is like the detective mode in batman....its on all the time and it looks crap but you really do need it on.

All i want now is a baterian..and geth infiltrator.

Replicant

At least i got 4 more turian soldiers!. The game hates me
There should be a rule against dealing the same card to a player when he/she already maxed out their character/gun. I got 2 extra Turian Sentinel cards even though he's already level 20. Granted, I love the class, it's my most used class in MP. But I can do without the repeat.

BTW, if you promote a MP character, will he/she disappear from your collection or if their level is just reset back to 1?

There should be a rule against dealing the same card to a player when he/she already maxed out their character/gun. I got 2 extra Turian Sentinel cards even though he's already level 20. Granted, I love the class, it's my most used class in MP. But I can do without the repeat.

BTW, if you promote a MP character, will he/she disappear from your collection or if their level is just reset back to 1?

Level goes back to 1. You keep all the items and everything. BTW you promote the class, not the character.

X-Frame

3rd night and no Geth Engineer. :(

Hopefully I am more lucky tonight. Had a few games last night with a group with me as a shotgun GI, a Salarian Engie, a Geth Engie with healing turret and an Asari Justicar with full bubble.

It was too easy.

Dave_6

Holy shit I've had the worst luck the past week with trying to play silver. I must be a magnet for finding the worst fucking randoms to play with. I'm about the only person that EVER seems to go for the objectives and next thing I know everyone else is dead. Ugh....

meSchnitzel

Neo Member
Holy shit I've had the worst luck the past week with trying to play silver. I must be a magnet for finding the worst fucking randoms to play with. I'm about the only person that EVER seems to go for the objectives and next thing I know everyone else is dead. Ugh....

Yesterday was the absolute worst. Every group of randoms I tried to play with were just absolutely horrible, doing pretty much exactly what you said. Even on bronze :(

Rapstah

I've been having the worst fucking experience on Silver these past couple of days. The game will randomly think I'm in two places at once and I'll warp between them which basically means I can't shoot at anything and enemies can still shoot at me. It doesn't appear to be lag in the traditional sense, because people are still moving smoothly around me, powers fire immediately and hit when they seem to and enemies seem to take damage from my shots. It just doesn't fucking work for half the time I play the game and it fucking sucks.

Replicant

Ugh, tell me about it. I got a couple of randoms with N7 as high as 200+ but fuck, were they fucking useless! You'd think with higher level, they'd actually have some kind of a skill but no. It's a fucking joke when I'm level 80 and yet I survive longer than these idiots. Some of them are even more annoying, quitting just because no one can revive them in time. Do they think it's fucking easy trying to get to their carcass while a bunch of Reapers are surrounding it? It's their fucking fault for charging ahead without the backup of the team.

Also: don't fucking quit just because you get lower score. Especially on silver, you assholes. Although I had the best Silver moment last week when one guy quit and left the 3 of us. And yet somehow all 3 of us pulled through and completed the game. We basically had to lure the enemies away from the Extraction point though and then before the last few seconds of extraction, we all ran to the extraction point. LOL

Violet_0

Banned
silver is also quite manageable with 2 players.

I should probably start playing gold again (still haven't beaten it yet), but randoms are so useless. At least on silver I have a decent chance of carrying the game myself and farm credits. I really just want to unlock the Salarian Infiltrator and a Widow.

since the new characters silver has had a lot of experiment builds imo, people trying new stuff out or something, I personally don't mind as I enjoy trying stuff out too from time to time.

One reason why I don't play on gold with randoms is because they will be assholes quite often, wrong class? kick, not standing in the right place at the right time? get insulted and called names.

It's rather terrible.

def sim

Engineer and Infiltrators are the best classes. It's pretty much, "HEY GUYS CHECK ME OUT I AM ALWAYS HELPING AREN'T I AWESOME???"

Engineer and Infiltrators are the best classes. It's pretty much, "HEY GUYS CHECK ME OUT I AM ALWAYS HELPING AREN'T I AWESOME???"

You forgot Adepts too. I haven't unlocked any of the new classes yet, but it sounds like Geth Engineer joins the top tier with Drell/Asari Adept, Human Engineer and Salarian Infiltrator.

With that said, (and it's been mentioned here before), I wonder if there are any tier lists floating around? For a non-competitive multiplayer game it seems like it'd be easier to put together.

Melchiah

4 premium spectre pack, 4 spectre packs zero new races and guns :(
636,000 spent and no new races or guns? I'd cry so hard. I spent 300,000 and only got some guns v2 upgrade + Krogan Soldier and Batarian Soldier and I almost cried.

I got 4 premium packs yesterday with 5 new guns (of which the Geth SMG was ok, the new shotgun and 2 assault rifles were worse than the Geth ones I already had, haven't tried the harpoon sniper yet), and Geth Engineer. I'd have been pissed off, if there hadn't been even one new character included.

What did piss me off was that I spent 20000 points for one of the lesser packs, which I never got due to some server issues, but my points still vanished. Luckily that didn't happen with the 99000 premium packs.

Replicant

That's... actually ideal extraction strategy, not a one-off situation.

Well, that was my first time with a team of randoms doing it so it was a new experience for me and my subsequent play with other randoms never had similar tactic but yeah, it's definitely a good idea especially when your enemies are Reapers.

Also, is there such thing as unlimited missile launcher or unlimited 2 extra lives? For some reason lately I always got equipped with these two items and they never expire regardless how many time I used them. Should I be more careful of when I use them? Is there a limit to them?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Well, that was my first time with a team of randoms doing it so it was a new experience for me and my subsequent play with other randoms never had similar tactic but yeah, it's definitely a good idea especially when your enemies are Reapers.

Also, is there such thing as unlimited missile launcher or unlimited 2 extra lives? For some reason lately I always got equipped with these two items and they never expire regardless how many time I used them. Should I be more careful of when I use them? Is there a limit to them?

The limit for all consumables is five. You unlock extra capacity space through rare items.

Top Bottom