• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

rozay

Banned
Well, that was my first time with a team of randoms doing it so it was a new experience for me and my subsequent play with other randoms never had similar tactic but yeah, it's definitely a good idea especially when your enemies are Reapers.

Also, is there such thing as unlimited missile launcher or unlimited 2 extra lives? For some reason lately I always got equipped with these two items and they never expire regardless how many time I used them. Should I be more careful of when I use them? Is there a limit to them?
I fucking hate consumable upgrades, now that I can use 5 medigel per match I'm running out so quick! I have 8 left :'(

Nori Chan

Yeah really, I'm running out of missiles...I have like 2x left and I usually use them when there's a killstreak opportunity...or we're getting shitted on.

And I have 5 medigel upgrades too and running out of medigels :\

X-Frame

I still have ~ 100 rockets/medi gels and ~ 200-250 thermal clips and ops packs.

:p

I rarely use them, but then again I am picky with the randoms I launch into a game with so we often don't need to use much.

That's the way to do it on Firebase White. On wave 11 stay down below in that room until 30 seconds left then run like crazy to the extraction.

Actually, that's the proper way to do it on ________ map. (Fill in the blank, they all apply)

Yeah really, I'm running out of missiles...I have like 2x left and I usually use them when there's a killstreak opportunity...or we're getting shitted on.

And I have 5 medigel upgrades too and running out of medigels :\

I wish they made the equipment pack permanent. I've resorted to buying the odd recruitment packs just to get consumables to a workable level for playing with randoms.

Dave_6

Well due to all the shitty randoms on silver lately, my stash of over ~40 medigels is now down to 7 or 8. I used the shit out of them over the past week and I rarely ever get any from the recruit packs anymore. I've gotten to where if I happen to go down on any wave earlier than 8 or 9 I wont use them and hopefully one of my sorry ass teammates will revive me.

BTW I did NINE revives before wave 5 in one game last night. Fucking rediculous. After that game I said fuck it and turned it off.

SaberVulcan

So, anyone have any thoughts on the Batarian Soldiers?

I'm not a fan. Ballistic Blades dont seem to hit half the time, even when in range, and when it does I feel it doesnt do the damage it's supposed to. I maxed it thinking it would be great for kiting big guys like Banshees and Primes, but apparently the bleed doesnt even work on robots (makes sense but still).

Blade Armor also isnt stellar, just makes them feel like a weaker Krogan. Honestly just don't see a role for Batarian Soldiers. Batarian Sentinels however, their net seems very useful (kind of like Stasis).

Well due to all the shitty randoms on silver lately, my stash of over ~40 medigels is now down to 7 or 8. I used the shit out of them over the past week and I rarely ever get any from the recruit packs anymore. I've gotten to where if I happen to go down on any wave earlier than 8 or 9 I wont use them and hopefully one of my sorry ass teammates will revive me.

BTW I did NINE revives before wave 5 in one game last night. Fucking rediculous. After that game I said fuck it and turned it off.

Similar story here, went from 40-50 missles and medigels to ~2. I swear, every silver game I play has atleast 1 infiltrator, but they just dont know how to invis-revive. Just keep shooting.

Violet_0

Banned
I hardly use consumables unless it's absolutely necessary. Like, I'll often rather die than use a medigel, either because the wave is manageable for the rest my team or they are so bad that it's hopeless and a waste of resources.

I hardly use consumables unless it's absolutely necessary. Like, I'll often rather die than use a medigel, either because the wave is manageable for the rest my team or they are so bad that it's hopeless and a waste of resources.

Same here. In most cases, I'm totally content waiting for the team to finish the wave.

The only time I use medigels is when I do something stupid and/or get myself killed away from teammates and/or absolutely need to use one to keep the team alive.

hwalker84

I'm down for getting on tonight around 11pm or so. I really need to unlock Engineer classes as they're my favorite.

If you add me Please make sure to tell me you're from NEOGAF or you'll get ignored.

Mindlog

One reason why I don't play on gold with randoms is because they will be assholes quite often, wrong class? kick, not standing in the right place at the right time? get insulted and called names.
Luckily, my last few games have had a lot of lower level, but extremely helpful random teammates. Got paid on Gold/Cerberus/Glacier with a semi-ideal team. I've never voluntarily wandered into that map with a prearranged team. It was much easier than expected.

If I don't see an Infiltrator I will switch to one. Other than that I'm not going to bother with ideal setups. I have seen too many successful soldiers, krogans and vanguards to be worried about it anymore. The only time I am worried about an ideal team is if I want a sub-20m clear. Otherwise sub-30 is no big deal.

When the Resurgence consumables finally arrive I will be using a lot of Batarian Soldier on Gold. Sabre II AP/Damage - CarnifeX Stunner/Barrel. I want some melee III amps to complete the package. Willing to bet I'll still take top score on an average team.
That's the way to do it on Firebase White. On wave 11 stay down below in that room until 30 seconds left then run like crazy to the extraction.
There is an easier way. Get everyone to the small room near the stairs. Every enemy will spawn below you. For bonus experience (thank you 3 1700+ N7 players) it's very simple to net 3 killstreaks with 3 cobras. Just count to 5 and release. Since all enemies spawned below you the landing zone run will be unimpeded.
I used to be that way, but I've solo saved a wave too many times to worry about stockpiling medigel. That said I could really use some equipment packs.

I hope next week's special is a Spectre Support Pack. 10 of each consumable, +5 more of 2 and a few level III amps.

H3xum

Forgive the scrubby question, but, is there any point to promoting a character?

I understand that you'll keep all your equips and such, but are there any advantages? i.e. future characters in that class get something or anything along those lines?

BTW, once you hit N7 Level 100, does that mean you have to promote people to gain ranks? tbh i just cant be bothered...i think im just going to have my characters at level 20 and not worry about ranking...it means nothing really and it sucks having to build up and respec all the time.

Mindlog

Promoting is only useful for 2 things. Respec... and a small insignificant single player asset.
You can get to N7 120 never promoting. I promoted once to test it out and then two more times when they gave us a reward for it. I got a Valiant from that so, good deal.

milkham

One reason why I don't play on gold with randoms is because they will be assholes quite often, wrong class? kick, not standing in the right place at the right time? get insulted and called names.

It's rather terrible.

I was playing with randoms on gold and one guy yelled at me for "kill stealing" because I would snipe anything I saw on the stairs on firebase white if the room was empty.

Just promote classes that you never use. That's what I do, that way character cards aren't completely wasted (since the XP is actually getting used).

Thing is if I dont use them, they wont be at level 20. I know what u mean tho. I promoted my vanguard because although I can slaughter entire rooms, its just the same spamming over and over and its not fun. The engineer classes are the best.

eek5

I was playing with randoms on gold and one guy yelled at me for "kill stealing" because I would snipe anything I saw on the stairs on firebase white if the room was empty.

I've gotten this before too lol

guy: Stop killing my kills eek
me: You realize that we all get the same XP at the end right
guy: I don't care stop stealing my kills

lmao. fuck those people

Dreamer RD

Yesterday we had a game with flying Geth Prime on White. Camped behind the cover to the right outside of the "farming room", and when his shield was destroyed, he teleported right behind us with some funny animation. Anyone else encountered this?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Feels like the Valiant has made every other gun obsolete for me. Only sad thing is there's no way to really rank it up and it doesn't seem the next challenge will reward another N7 gun.

SaberVulcan

Just finished my first gold mission. Man that was intense. Good team as well. The Geth Engineer is fantastic as a supporting class.

Same here man, did like 4 in a row as Geth Engineer, finally beat one. Pretty much spent the whole time calling out where the Geth Primes were coming from.

pQKQOl.jpg

2 Overloads, Energy Drain, then the Biotic Explosions to clean up was good times vs Geth.

meSchnitzel

Neo Member
So, anyone have any thoughts on the Batarian Soldiers?

I actually really like it! But i do wish it had at least a side-step. It feels too fragile to go straight melee like a krogan, and the armor doesnt really FEEL like armor. But the shotgun hand blades are fun as hell. I have them specced for tight arc high damage, I want to try them again with the wide spread exploding timer, that sounds fun too.

I use it as a shotgun blast up close, so it is like a quick reloading shotgun when I'm only carrying one other gun. I havent really found the right weapon to bring with though. I like the Talon with melee mod, and also the Disciple with Melee mod was a lot of fun, but I think Talon was more versatile. The armor does feel nice when i heavy melee somthing, and another nearby enemy melees me and dies from the spike armor damage.

Kyari

I've pretty much just been rolling with the Carnifex on my Batarian Soldier, melee damage mod. The bulk of my damage comes from meleeing and the exploding spikes.

I'm likely playing if terribly wrong, but I have fun either way.

Third Bastarian Sentinel in a row. Hugh.

Also, I finally got a spec with the Geth Engi that I like to play. Having a lot of fun with it now. It's much more close combat, high risk - high reward gameplay. Feels good to crowd control and denied an entire chock point by myself on Gold

SaberVulcan

Third Bastarian Sentinel in a row. Hugh.

Also, I finally got a spec with the Geth Engi that I like to play. Having a lot of fun with it now. It's much more close combat, high risk - high reward gameplay. Feels good to crowd control and denied an entire chock point by myself on Gold

Shotgun with Flamethrower Turret?

Violet_0

Banned
finally beat gold (Salarian Engi) on White against Geth. I managed to keep up with the score of our Asari Adept for the longest time, but her biotic explosion really did rake in kills in the end. Unlocked the Valiant in a spectre pack.

X-Frame

finally beat gold (Salarian Engi) on White against Geth. I managed to keep up with the score of our Asari Adept for the longest time, but her biotic explosion really did rake in kills in the end. Unlocked the Valiant in a spectre pack.

RE: Valiant -- are you sure you don't mean Viper or something else? Valiants are not on Spectre Packs.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I wish they wouldnt make assault rifles so goddamn heavy, even with the Justicar talent that reduce their weight, i still would rather use a Carnifex. I got the new rifle from the Resurgence DLC and the weight alone is going to make me ignore it.

meSchnitzel

Neo Member
I wish they wouldnt make assault rifles so goddamn heavy, even with the Justicar talent that reduce their weight, i still would rather use a Carnifex. I got the new rifle from the Resurgence DLC and the weight alone is going to make me ignore it.

I suggest playing with it on a class that doesnt use powers every cooldown, it is very fun on human soldier with adrenaline rush for example.

Bisnic

I suggest playing with it on a class that doesnt use powers every cooldown, it is very fun on human soldier with adrenaline rush for example.

Yeah well, i only play adepts, engineers, krogan sentinels and maybe infiltrators. No need for assault rifles at all. :p

Mattock is at least decent on my Justicar with its good damage, weight and 30% weight reduction from the Justicar talent so i can still spam bubbles and reaves. 160% Power cooldown with a Mattock III. Too bad Mattock is not in spectre packs so i can further reduce the weight and improve its damage...

Also, Salarian are renamed Galarien, because Salarian sounds like " sale arien " or " dirty arian "

Er... i speak french and "sale a rien" do not mean "dirty arian" at all. :s Its more like "dirty good for nothing guy" i'd say. It's hard to translate lol.

Er... i speak french and "sale a rien" do not mean "dirty arian" at all. :s Its more like "dirty good for nothing guy" i'd say. It's hard to translate lol.

I meant Sal-arian

Sale arien. Arien like arian race. You know, an awfully xenophobic idea that lead to holocaust.

Also, Justicar is translated as " Probatrice " but I have no clue why.

rozay

Banned
how would you guys spec a salarian engineer? or what engineer race would you use? (I don't have geth yet)
I specced decoy to shock nearby enemies and last a long time, incinerate to go for as much damage to a single target as possible and for shield drain I picked the radius upgrades. Don't need much (or anything) in fitness since drain fills your shields back up.

USIGSJ

Finished one match on gold against Cerberus with 3 Asari Adepts on the team. Most part of the match it was actually pretty easy because of all the biotic explosions they couldn't even get near us.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Finished one match on gold against Cerberus with 3 Asari Adepts on the team. Most part of the match it was actually pretty easy because of all the biotic explosions they couldn't even get near us.

Now try biotics versus Reapers...oh boy.

Bisnic

I promoted adepts especially for my justicar to spec for offensive bubble, but i feel like i wasted my time doing this... enemies barely stay in it and i have to risk my life to put it in a spot where enemies are coming from.

Maybe i should just promote again and go for the defensive bubble and camp in a spot shooting and spamming Reave on everything.

Mindlog

Geth Gold White doesn't count as a Gold win. That's easier than bronze. Just beat it with a level 12 Krogan (the Striker is pretty handy) and 15 Infiltrator that was trying to GPS/Mine on my team. The Infiltrator died a lot.

Bought possibly my last Premium Spectre Pack. It contained Asari Justicar customization, Geth SMG and 5 thermal clips. I have 3 Cobras, 2 Medigel, 1 Survival Pack and 255 Thermal Clip Packs. Can I make a thermal clip backpack so my guns will work ME1 style?

Top Bottom