• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Yep. It's great for the trash mobs... but you'll still need someone to have a heavy weapon to take out the boss monsters, unfortunately.

I equipped it on my quarian Infiltrator (Bawl vas Iktomy) and got barely any kills out of it on Silver. Definitely gonna let that one gather dust.

So far the only really worthwhile weapons I've unlocked are the Scimitar (II), the Phalanx, the Carnifex and the Revenant (III). Equipped the latter on my krogan Soldier and I'm a goddamn world destroyer.

Rubezh

I really dig the Batarian Soldier so far. It's fun running up close and hitting them with Balistic Blades to the face. It's even better as I named him "Blight".

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I really dig the Batarian Soldier so far. It's fun running up close and hitting them with Balistic Blades to the face. It's even better as I named him "Blight".

Same name as my Sentinel :p.

metalshade

Dont know if anyone else has mentioned this, did you know you can shoot down Geth rocket troopers rockets. I do it all the time and then realised I had never heard it mentioned.

metalshade

Yeah, but you basically need to be using an AR or a SMG to make it worth while. Maybe a Pistol can work too.

For farming, Salarian is still the best. :(

I go for headshots with my carnifex, and I tend to hit their rockets moments after they leave the barrel, I hardly ever get hit by them now.

Cipher

I equipped it on my quarian Infiltrator (Bawl vas Iktomy) and got barely any kills out of it on Silver. Definitely gonna let that one gather dust.

Where I've had the best success with it is when I've put it in the hands of a Human Soldier. Start firing and then when it gets to a decent speed hit Adrenaline Rush and blow up just about everything you're aiming at.

Sai

Got a few upgrades for my Widow and Carnifex too! Goood mornin'!

Got mine using the wall hack and I love it, feels weird to play without it now.
Just wish they would tone down the onscreen interference, makes it so hard to see objective markers.
I think that's the point. XD It'd be a bit too ridiculous otherwise.

Tried it with a Widow and shot penetration mod for a few waves, it was like I had a rail gun or somethin'.

I joined a match in late round 3. I start to do my usual Salarian Infiltrator godness and after a couple of round, all the team (apparently friends playing together) start to yell at me for stealing kills.

after 3 round of lead they had, I was top of the board by the end of wave 5. I end up at 100k + when they where at 50k and belows.

I got kicked out of the game once we got back into the lobby.

WTF is wrong with some people. Without me, they wouldn't probably never have won that gold

Been liking the Tempest lately, maybe because of the heat chamber attachment and the extended mags. Slap on some armor piercing rounds and geth is a breeze.

Sai

I joined a match in late round 3. I start to do my usual Salarian Infiltrator godness and after a couple of round, all the team (apparently friends playing together) start to yell at me for stealing kills.

after 3 round of lead they had, I was top of the board by the end of wave 5. I end up at 100k + when they where at 50k and belows.

I got kicked out of the game once we got back into the lobby.

WTF is wrong with some people. Without me, they wouldn't probably never have won that gold
Uh, credits and XP are evenly distributed regardless, right? Unless they were workin' on that Veteran Achievement, I don't see the point of whining about this.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Uh, credits and XP are evenly distributed regardless, right? Unless they were workin' on that Veteran Achievement, I don't see the point of whining about this.

Yep. All points are distributed evenly. Score is only for e-peen.

Replicant

There are so many man-child playing the MP. Quitting just because you get the last rank? Who gives a shit? Why would you even quit in Wave 10? That's just dumb. One more wave and you'll get cash and XP. Why would you forsake those just because you're ranked last? *smh*

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
That too is hilarious. I mean depressing.

I'm happy to melee more in silver versus gold, where it's impossible. Credit farming gold with the same, best classes is boring.

EDIT: Is the Resurgence Pack supposed to appear on the BSN user entitlements page?

EDIT 2: And that's two rounds in a row where I've lost contact with the EA server on wave nine. Yeah, now I remember why I lost interest in this game.

Thats why you actually play gold, not just credit farm one map.

What's the most cost-effective way to get medigel at the moment?

I actually think Recruit packs are the most cost effective way. 4 recruit packs can be purchased for 20k, with the potential to get up to 4, but you'll at least get 1 or 2 just based on odds.

With the Veteran pack, you have a chance at +3, but the entire pack (and 20k) is a wash if you don't get any.

If you were looking to stock one specific consumable, I would go Recruit packs... if two or more (meaning you're less discriminatory about which consumable you get), then I would go with Veteran packs.

Just unlocked Geth Infiltrator.

Join a game to try it out. 4 geth infiltrator with 4 Widows. OH BOY

just got a geth inf myself, speced him out for maximum cloak damage and damage from passive and his other skill, widow with 20% barrel.

Still feels weak imo, I will have to try some other setups and maybe some shotguns.

RyanDG

While I never bitch at people stealing kills since I don't really care (I'm in it for the credits only - the less work I have to do to get those credits the better... :)), it is theoritcally possible for a well organized team to get more XP by distributing kills across all players (due to the bonuses you get for reaching specific thresholds for weapon kills, skill kills, and assists) rather than one player getting the majority of the kills. Once a player gets the gold medals for kills, weapon kills, and skill kills - theoritically, it is better for other players to pick up the kills at that point to also get their gold medals and add to the total overall shared bonus.

However, in order to do this and make it really worth it in any meaningful way, you have to really be on top of things. Additionally, it's not like the bonus XP makes it even that much more worth it anyway (compared to the effort) though - so anyone really wanting to crunch the numbers that seriously (because of the distribution factor) are a bit too hardcore for my liking. :p

Ronabo

I wanna try out some Gold runs with either of my LVL 20 Adepts. I need some experienced dudes to help as I haven't done one yet.

Anyone want to help. I'm on Xbox. GT = Ronabo

Dreamer RD

Just unlocked Geth Infiltrator.

Join a game to try it out. 4 geth infiltrator with 4 Widows. OH BOY

Widow is shit. Just had a game on FB White with quadro Geth Inf team and four GPS and we finished in 17 minutes (used 1 rocket during elimination objective)
Gold obviously.

Widow is shit. Just had a game on FB White with quadro Geth Inf team and four GPS and we finished in 17 minutes (used 1 rocket during elimination objective)
Gold obviously.

First game was full widow and it was okay.

Second game was half Widow and half GPS. Indeed, these GPS where rocking hard on the small mobs.

just got a geth inf myself, speced him out for maximum cloak damage and damage from passive and his other skill, widow with 20% barrel.

Still feels weak imo, I will have to try some other setups and maybe some shotguns.

Why would you spec for power damage ? For proxy mine ? I'm gone all the way to weapon damage : I'm not sure you get cloak damage bonus by going for damage bonus anyway.

First game was full widow and it was okay.

Second game was half Widow and half GPS. Indeed, these GPS where rocking hard on the small mobs.

Why would you spec for power damage ? For proxy mine ? I'm gone all the way to weapon damage : I'm not sure you get cloak damage bonus by going for damage bonus anyway.

sorry i mean weapon damage where possible, it's just that I was expecting so much more from a widow and infiltrator combo :p

Dreamer RD

GPS X can destroy anything. It's far better for Geth than any shiper rifle. With enhanced +15% rate of rire in hunter mode Geth Inf becomes killing machine. Even Salarian Inf sucks now.

sorry i mean weapon damage where possible, it's just that I was expecting so much more from a widow and infiltrator combo :p

I don't know : cloak widow can take down a Prime armor in two shot. It's pretty amazing to me.

GPS X can destroy anything. It's far better for Geth than any shiper rifle. With enhanced +15% rate of rire in hunter mode Geth Inf becomes killing machine. Even Salarian Inf sucks now.

I have a low level GPS but a high level widow and I'm very used to it. I'll give it a try when I got more level with the shotgun.

Mindlog

I'm happy to melee more in silver versus gold, where it's impossible.
That's not entirely accurate. Reddit
Geth Gold White melee style in 17 minutes.

I'm going to respec my Geth Infiltrator and try that 6/6/6/0/6 build. My Salarian and Human Infiltrators already regularly lead Gold with over 110k points. Sniper and shotgun Infiltrators are handled. Time for a fun melee build.

I tried the GPS Infiltrator, but didn't like it. I kill much faster with the Claymore. Active reload Claymore has a higher rate of fire than charged GPS pellets.

geth inf with claymore, dat beast.

also GSMG works extremely well when a geth has 10% geth weapon boost along with normal weapon boosts, on silver that is.

Ronabo

Man I so love putting something in stasis just to have some dumbass come along and shoot it out while I'm about to blow it up. Like their little pea shooter is gonna do more damage.

Mindlog

For Science I tried a Geth Infiltrator/GPS/66606 build on bronze. To get a feel for it. Stupid proximity mine kills everything before I get to melee.

I want to jump straight into Gold, but I need some medigel.

X-Frame

Damnit, this game really doesn't want to give me a Geth Engineer. About 10 Premium Spectre Packs between today and yesterday.

Sai

While I never bitch at people stealing kills since I don't really care (I'm in it for the credits only - the less work I have to do to get those credits the better... :)), it is theoritcally possible for a well organized team to get more XP by distributing kills across all players (due to the bonuses you get for reaching specific thresholds for weapon kills, skill kills, and assists) rather than one player getting the majority of the kills. Once a player gets the gold medals for kills, weapon kills, and skill kills - theoritically, it is better for other players to pick up the kills at that point to also get their gold medals and add to the total overall shared bonus.

However, in order to do this and make it really worth it in any meaningful way, you have to really be on top of things. Additionally, it's not like the bonus XP makes it even that much more worth it anyway (compared to the effort) though - so anyone really wanting to crunch the numbers that seriously (because of the distribution factor) are a bit too hardcore for my liking. :p
Yeah, that sounds like somethin' to be done between friends, in private parties. You shouldn't try to enforce that kind of stuff on ramdoms. If they're cleanin' up, let 'em.

Thanks for the explanation, though.

Damnit, this game really doesn't want to give me a Geth Engineer. About 10 Premium Spectre Packs between today and yesterday.
I just got that a few hours ago too... :D

Gave it the Geth SMG. That thing is beast.

one of the most satisfying things to do in this game is kill 2 guardians with one sniper bullet.

wait for guardians to line up, fire. goes through one slot, through the guys head, through the other slot, through the other head, watch as they fall over without heads.

i was really close to getting three in a row on hydra.

Firebrand

The RNG hates me, I've purchased countless Premium Spectres and the only new character I've unlocked is the Batarian Soldier still. I'm guessing that is what my Reserves Pack is gonna contain as well.

The RNG hates me, I've purchased countless Premium Spectres and the only new character I've unlocked is the Batarian Soldier still. I'm guessing that is what my Reserves Pack is gonna contain as well.

Got a batarian sentinel? :S in my first Premium Spectre Pack. Along with a Talon >_>

Top Bottom