• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
So i found out that the reason I was uncloaking was that the GPS for some reason randomly decides to charge for an imperceptible amount of time, fucking with the cloak. So I just switched to my Claymore. Having a lot more fun now, even if I dont get the geth weapon bonus. Plus its a pain in the ass to hold charge and aim fire with proxy mine glued to left bumper.

Now if only I could get beyond level 5 claymore.

So i found out that the reason I was uncloaking was that the GPS for some reason randomly decides to charge for an imperceptible amount of time, fucking with the cloak. So I just switched to my Claymore. Having a lot more fun now, even if I dont get the geth weapon bonus. Plus its a pain in the ass to hold charge and aim fire with proxy mine glued to left bumper.

Now if only I could get beyond level 5 claymore.

For some reason, I don't decloak when I fire my GPS...

Anyone else name their Batarians with dumb names? I named mine Doofus and Poop. I don't like the race

My 2 Geth are 00101011 and 7of9 haha.

Always love to hear what other people are doing

My krogan Soldier is called Urdnot Derp. My quarian Infiltrator is called Bawl vas Iktomy. My turian Sentinel is called Spiky Monster and my turian Soldier is called M. Shields.

Funny names are the greatest, just wish they were visible to the rest of your team. :lol

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'm not a fan of the Drell Adept.

As awesome as Cluster grenades are, you have to get them - and to get them, you have to move. And Drell die when they move. They're great solo, but for the bigger enemies and a diverse game, Asari Adepts win.

I'm not a fan of the Drell Adept.

As awesome as Cluster grenades are, you have to get them - and to get them, you have to move. And Drell die when they move. They're great solo, but for the bigger enemies and a diverse game, Asari Adepts win.

And Reave gives you 40% damage reduction.. just got to keep it up.

Like I said, it's a more complex playstyle than Stasis -> headshot or Warp -> Throw. The Drell Adept is the epitome of the "glass cannon"... if you play recklessly with him, then you'll die. If you give yourself outs, cycle grenades/ammo boxes on a regular basis and never let the enemy close, then you will eliminate groups of enemies faster than everyone else. You can't play a Drell like you would an Asari.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
And Reave gives you 40% damage reduction.. just got to keep it up.

Like I said, it's a more complex playstyle than Stasis -> headshot or Warp -> Throw. The Drell Adept is the epitome of the "glass cannon"... if you play recklessly with him, then you'll die. If you give yourself outs, cycle grenades/ammo boxes on a regular basis and never let the enemy close, then you will eliminate groups of enemies faster than everyone else. You can't play a Drell like you would an Asari.

Solo on Silver, they fare better than Infiltrators against Reapers.

Outside of that, they don't really "help" anyone. An Asari Adept can drop a Stasis Bubble at a choke point and leave while snipers lay down everything that touches it. Warp's after effects takes valuable time off the clock. Asari flash steps are all the damage reduction you need if you're playing without lag too.

Solo on Silver, they fare better than Infiltrators against Reapers.

Outside of that, they don't really "help" anyone. An Asari Adept can drop a Stasis Bubble at a choke point and leave while snipers lay down everything that touches it. Warp's after effects takes valuable time off the clock. Asari flash steps are all the damage reduction you need if you're playing without lag too.

I play with the Drell all the time on Gold. It's more than feasible, it's a beast. Everything you just mentioned about Stasis and Warp are great, but those aspects don't do damage.

You mention Stasis holding a choke but then you mention relying on other snipers. Why not just inflict massive amounts of damage and not wait for others?

You mention Warp taking "valuable time off the clock". I don't even know what this means, but the lasting effects of Warp are simply to prevent health regeneration and increase weapon damage. Reave's lasting effects are straight up damage (and damage reduction to you), and usually finishes off enemies that were weakened from a biotic explosion. Both of the Asari's main combos oftentimes do not finish off the enemy, requiring more attention from your weapon.

And again, I'm not trying to compare the *versatility* of the two classes. Like I said in my initial post, the Asari is more versatile in more situations, but the Drell is a DPS machine and puts enemies down faster. Both are top tier but the Drell gets the slight edge over the Asari just because the faster you eliminate enemies unequivocally the better off you (and your team) are.

Ikkarus

I play with the Drell all the time on Gold. It's more than feasible, it's a beast. Everything you just mentioned about Stasis and Warp are great, but those aspects don't do damage.

You mention Stasis holding a choke but then you mention relying on other snipers. Why not just inflict massive amounts of damage and not wait for others?

You mention Warp taking "valuable time off the clock". I don't even know what this means, but the lasting effects of Warp are simply to prevent health regeneration and increase weapon damage. Reave's lasting effects are straight up damage (and damage reduction to you), and usually finishes off enemies that were weakened from a biotic explosion. Both of the Asari's main combos oftentimes do not finish off the enemy, requiring more attention from your weapon.

And again, I'm not trying to compare the *versatility* of the two classes. Like I said in my initial post, the Asari is more versatile in more situations, but the Drell is a DPS machine and puts enemies down faster. Both are top tier but the Drell gets the slight edge over the Asari just because the faster you eliminate enemies unequivocally the better off you (and your team) are.

I'd love to see you play as a Drell Adept. You sound like one of the few people who know to use one! Which platform are you on?

alexel

I hear what you're saying, and maybe you're the greatest Drell Adept to play this game; however, this is how I see the comparisons playing out. Drell Adept is bar none the greatest spike damage in the game. Have a room filled up with enemies? Nothing wipes it out like reave + cluster grenades. The problem with that is that you only have three of them. Sure you can have up to 5 ammo clip packs as well, but you will be required to run out to ammo boxes during rounds at some point. Therein lies one of the major problems for the Drell. Depending on the maps, there are only a certain number of ammo boxes that you can safely run to based on where your team is camping. While you're running to these ammo boxes, you're taking on additional risk of getting downed by some random enemy that happened to be walking up behind the group or whatever. Now you say "Not me, I never get taken out while running for ammo!" That's fine and all, but do you know what your team is doing while you're running for that ammo? They're shooting and killing more enemies, setting up other biotic explosions in that 5-10 seconds it takes you to run for ammo. As a salarian infiltrator, I can probably snipe about 4-5 enemies in the time it takes you to make that ammo run or I could probably set up 2-3 biotic explosions (killing maybe 4-5 enemies depending on groupings and enemy type) with an asari adept during that time. Either way, this equates to more damage done by the other classes.

Now let's talk about the other biotic combo you get with the Drell, pull + reave. This combo is amazing for large groups of unshielded enemies (depending on if you spec both skills to do AOE). The issue is that the the vast majority of crap they throw at you has shields on Gold especially in the latter waves. This coupled with the fact that you can never biotic explode anything with armor with this combo really limits it as well. One of the major reasons Asari Adepts get such crazy scores and DPS is they are constantly warp + throwing Primes, Atlases, or Brutes/Banshees to wipe out every smaller enemy around them. This is something you just can't do with the Drell unless you use the limited reave + grenade combo.

All that being said, Drell Adept is my favorite Adept class to play. I don't believe there is a better combo in this game then Drell Adept + Asari Adept with constant reave + throw biotic combos going off. This combo further synergizes with the fact that warp -> reave also sets off biotic explosions so even if the asari and drell aren't well coordinated, it still leads to massive damage.

In fact, you could even argue that Drell Adept might be the best overall Adept class because of all the other support options you have with it. Drell Adept + Human Vanguard with a well organized strategy is just insane. I believe that the fastest Gold clear time I've seen so far was with Drell Adept + Human Vanguard on Glacier in 14 mins. That was also with only one Drell/Vanguard pair so imagine what it could've been with another pair.

So in summary, Drell Adept in my opinion is definitely in the most elite tier of classes in the game, I just would have to disagree on it being the highest independent DPS class out of all of them.

Mindlog

What weapons are you guys using on Krogan Vanguards? I feel like the only gun he really needs on bronze and silver should be something to attack ranged enemies as he can obliterate anything close by.
I use a Disciple with Blade + Barrel. However, some successful gold Kroguards use heavier weapons such as Graals. Maybe I don't need 200% cooldown.

Play whatever you want on Gold (with enough skill) part 7.
4 Batarian Soldiers, Reapers, Glacier, Gold: 21:20
I have almost the same build, but no grenades. I'm thinking of using a respec card to change my ballistic blades into wide cone + explosive. Stagger is more useful than the damage.

Tried 6/6/6/0/6 melee Geth Infiltrator with GPS and it was great. Still working on timing issues, but I almost have the cadence to solo melee Primes. I had a higher level GI ally with a GPS X and he could almost keep up with my Salarian Widow score while Geth Gold farming. Very impressive.

I hear what you're saying, and maybe you're the greatest Drell Adept to play this game; however, this is how I see the comparisons playing out. Drell Adept is bar none the greatest spike damage in the game. Have a room filled up with enemies? Nothing wipes it out like reave + cluster grenades. The problem with that is that you only have three of them. Sure you can have up to 5 ammo clip packs as well, but you will be required to run out to ammo boxes during rounds at some point. Therein lies one of the major problems for the Drell. Depending on the maps, there are only a certain number of ammo boxes that you can safely run to based on where your team is camping. While you're running to these ammo boxes, you're taking on additional risk of getting downed by some random enemy that happened to be walking up behind the group or whatever. Now you say "Not me, I never get taken out while running for ammo!" That's fine and all, but do you know what your team is doing while you're running for that ammo? They're shooting and killing more enemies, setting up other biotic explosions in that 5-10 seconds it takes you to run for ammo. As a salarian infiltrator, I can probably snipe about 4-5 enemies in the time it takes you to make that ammo run or I could probably set up 2-3 biotic explosions (killing maybe 4-5 enemies depending on groupings and enemy type) with an asari adept during that time. Either way, this equates to more damage done by the other classes.

Now let's talk about the other biotic combo you get with the Drell, pull + reave. This combo is amazing for large groups of unshielded enemies (depending on if you spec both skills to do AOE). The issue is that the the vast majority of crap they throw at you has shields on Gold especially in the latter waves. This coupled with the fact that you can never biotic explode anything with armor with this combo really limits it as well. One of the major reasons Asari Adepts get such crazy scores and DPS is they are constantly warp + throwing Primes, Atlases, or Brutes/Banshees to wipe out every smaller enemy around them. This is something you just can't do with the Drell unless you use the limited reave + grenade combo.

All that being said, Drell Adept is my favorite Adept class to play. I don't believe there is a better combo in this game then Drell Adept + Asari Adept with constant reave + throw biotic combos going off. This combo further synergizes with the fact that warp -> reave also sets off biotic explosions so even if the asari and drell aren't well coordinated, it still leads to massive damage.

In fact, you could even argue that Drell Adept might be the best overall Adept class because of all the other support options you have with it. Drell Adept + Human Vanguard with a well organized strategy is just insane. I believe that the fastest Gold clear time I've seen so far was with Drell Adept + Human Vanguard on Glacier in 14 mins. That was also with only one Drell/Vanguard pair so imagine what it could've been with another pair.

So in summary, Drell Adept in my opinion is definitely in the most elite tier of classes in the game, I just would have to disagree on it being the highest independent DPS class out of all of them.

Whether you want to argue that the Drell has the highest DPS or not is fine, it's debatable at least, but to say the Drell should be limited to an offensive support role is absurd. I posted a picture earlier in the thread of me scoring 100,000+ points on gold on one of my first attempts with the Drell adept, while carrying the damn team for the most part. In fact I usually score upwards of 100,000+ playing the Drell on Gold, whether I'm with a team of biotics or with a team of non-biotics. Anecdotal evidence sure, but the few times I've seen a competent player playing a Drell adept they've scored really high too. Now admittedly you need a higher level of competency to get the most out of the Drell class than the others, but the the class has a higher potential offensive output than others so it balances out. You can hold the fact that Drell can't spam grenades and detonate shielded enemies against them if you want, but stripping shields and running between ammo boxes is not a big deal even on gold, I thought it would be too at first, but speaking from experience neither really is.

Danj

Make sure the dlc is installed. Then play.

When do we get the pack, is it on Monday or something? I haven't gotten any of the new stuff yet so that pack will be my first chance to get it.

EDIT: also a question I don't think got answered yet, when should you try to move up from Bronze to Silver or Gold? Do you need to be level 20 all classes, or what?

Mindlog

People that were asking about the Resurgence weekend. There is some fine print.
As usual, you'll need to enable "Upload Gameplay Feedback" in your options menu in order to participate in this Challenge Weekend.
Now, whether that applies to the XP bonus or pack itself I do not know. Just to be on the safe side I turned it on for the weekend.

When do we get the pack, is it on Monday or something? I haven't gotten any of the new stuff yet so that pack will be my first chance to get it.

EDIT: also a question I don't think got answered yet, when should you try to move up from Bronze to Silver or Gold? Do you need to be level 20 all classes, or what?
Some people are really uptight about N7 level. Don't take it personally if you get kicked. I had two people drop on the first round once because I refused to kick an N7 7 from a Silver match. That N7 7 and I won in ~25 minutes which is just marginally longer than most matches. Join Silver matches when you are comfortable with your class abilities.

Gold is a different story. You will get kicked very often with a low N7 rating. You will get kicked even more often if your character is under level 12. Your weapon and weapon mods should be decently leveled as well.

These are all just general tips. There are always exceptions.
Just have fun.

ps Biotic users complaining about Tech Detonations. Just cast your detonator again. It will work I promise.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I get kicked sometimes for only being N7 180 cause i only promoted for the pack i never got. I dont wanna bother renaming, designing, leveling and speccing my characters, especially for a class where I use 4-5 of the characters.

i could probably be around 600-700 by now if i cared. I also like when people try to kick level 15s with level X weapons and level III modules.

alexel

Whether you want to argue that the Drell has the highest DPS or not is fine, it's debatable at least, but to say the Drell should be limited to an offensive support role is absurd. I posted a picture earlier in the thread of me scoring 100,000+ points on gold on one of my first attempts with the Drell adept, while carrying the damn team for the most part. In fact I usually score upwards of 100,000+ playing the Drell on Gold, whether I'm with a team of biotics or with a team of non-biotics. Anecdotal evidence sure, but the few times I've seen a competent player playing a Drell adept they've scored really high too. Now admittedly you need a higher level of competency to get the most out of the Drell class than the others, but the the class has a higher potential offensive output than others so it balances out. You can hold the fact that Drell can't spam grenades and detonate shielded enemies against them if you want, but stripping shields and running between ammo boxes is not a big deal even on gold, I thought it would be too at first, but speaking from experience neither really is.

I'm sorry if you got the impression from my post that the Drell Adept can't stand alone because I never said that once. The only thing I stated was that the Drell Adept truly shines when it synergizes with another class and it is not the highest independent DPS class in my opinion. I completely agree that Drell Adepts are still powerhouses on their own.

Likewise, I feel the same way about Asari Adepts as they truly shine with another Adept to combo with.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
8/10 lobbies on Gold are FB:W Geth. I want to use my Justicar to suck the life enemy from some Reapers damnit!

I hate playing as a reave character with another biotic and they wont throw shit at the stuff I reave. They will sit in the side desk instead of up front while the Primes move ever closer or they will keep trying to self combo shit.

Violet_0

Banned
I never thought I'd intentionally lose a match in ME3, but some people just don't deserve to win

and I still ended up with the highest score after 3 waves of non-activity

Spawn control, spawn control, spawn control.

I've also typed about that more than a few times in this thread too. Learn the maps, learn how to control when and where enemies spawn. Note that this tactic is independent of what class you choose, but is especially important for a grenade heavy class like the Drell.

When I've typed Drell Adept strategy in this thread before, I've always mandated two things: Learn how to cycle ammo boxes and do *not* engage enemies at medium to close range. And yes, notice that both of those things run counter to normal strategy on gold (stick with your team, don't be a hero, etc.) But learning how the game spawns enemies on certain maps is absolutely key to the Drell's survival (but with damage reduction and insane mobility, he's also the best class to take advantage of it).

For example, Firebase White, which is (somewhat annoyingly) the predominant level being played on Gold nowadays. There are two methods you see on this level; either everyone clusters at the top of the ladder/stairs with vantage points to everything or cluster in the room downstairs. If everyone goes to the room downstairs, then I'll hang out outside in the L-shaped cover near the ammo box that has a clear view to the bottom of the ramp and the ladder. I have 2 "under fire" ammo boxes near at hand (the one to my right and the one at the bottom of the stairs inside the complex) and one safe ammo box behind everyone else near the rectangle shaped area. This is the standard situation you see on FW. Both "under fire" ammo boxes are only dangerous if they're swarmed, but both are close enough to resupply grenades quickly. (not when you have zero, but immediately after you use one; this is key) When things break down or if I needed to use numerous grenades at once then I'll include the ammo box in the back as well as both "under fire" ones. Spawn control is easy because nothing spawns at our backs... if the team gets broken down and gets pressed to the rectangle-shaped area in the back corner, then I'll clear an avenue with grenades (usually to the right towards the L-shaped cover and break out towards the launching pad to get breathing room.

Now, when does spawn control really come into play? When everyone is gathered at the top of the ladder. If they're there, then I will hang out next to the ammo box at the bottom of the inside stairs. At each wave I'll start in the middle level (a spawn area) then after your character says "Ready!" or "Marauders!" or whatever I'll go downstairs where enemies then begin spawning. Here's the key: if you go too far into that room, then enemies will begin spawning behind you (and behind your teammates) in that middle level. It's very important to run back to that general vicinity after every time you launch a volley in the lower room in order to prevent enemies from spawning there (if they do, it is *imperative* you clear it ASAP so they don't sneak up on your teammates). Following this method of spawn control though, you have 2 very safe ammo boxes nearby (2nd is near your teammates), one relatively safe one near the launching pad and one in dangerous territory near the L-shaped cover (if your teammates are pulling their weight, then it's fairly safe). Using this method, I'm able to hold the downstairs room by myself for most waves on Gold until usually 8 or 9 when groups become too thick. Then I'll hold for as long as I can and fall back to my teammates for combined firepower. During other waves I'll also break from holding the room to help/revive teammates as needed, or to clear out other areas if enemies stop spawning downstairs.

I use similar spawn control methods on Giant, Dagger and Glacier. Reactor and the two new maps are trickier to control spawns because of their size, but that also means it's easier to find relatively safe areas to reestablish your position (doesn't make them easier maps though... these are still the more difficult maps to play on).

Proper use of Drell Adept is absolutely a higher learning curve because you have to break certain habits that are bible for most other classes. For example, using cover. I *rarely* stick to cover and mostly use it only to get my shields back (notable exception: the situation in Firebase White I detailed above with the L-shaped cover). All other times, I'm using all my skills while strafing because it's easier to get more precise aim when strafing than when using cover. But once you do figure out how to control the maps and how to cycle boxes, you will become very, very effective at killing gobs of enemies at once.

Oh and for whoever asked, I play on 360.

10dollas

Banned
Seems like the (at least for me) premium spectre packs are finally paying off. Over the past 5 days I've bought about 25 Premium and normal spectre packs. I've received 1 Black widow, 2 Talons, 2 Sabres, 1 Paladin, 4 Widows, and the 3 new remaining characters I didn't have + a few duplicates. Also got a few upgrades to my revenant and some of the shitty gold weapons.

moop1167

I've done that firebase white geth gold run 3 times... wow, is that ever boring.

Is it possible to just run through gold with a regular team without having to bunker down in one spot the whole time?

RyanDG

I've done that firebase white geth gold run 3 times... wow, is that ever boring.

Is it possible to just run through gold with a regular team without having to bunker down in one spot the whole time?

One of my favorite strategies on Firebase Glacier is to get everyone to move as a group in a clockwise manner around the map. It's such a small map, sniper rifles are not really recommended - so a lot of movement and close quarters weapons can clear that map in a lot quicker time than trying to hunker down somewhere. Only problem is that if you are not playing with a group of people you have played with before (or have mics), the natural inclination people have is to double down somewhere and hope for the best (much easier to get a clear that way for randoms).

X-Frame

What I've noticed in the past couple hours trying to fight the Reapers on whatever map possible -- the people that join are very bad or not bringing a character that works against the Reapers.

It seems that most "good" players are in FBW gold runs, whereas everyone that didn't get the FBW gold farming memo are playing whatever.

At this point, I hope they patch FBW next time to allow for enemies to spawn behind that room and blow that farming strategy wide open.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
What I've noticed in the past couple hours trying to fight the Reapers on whatever map possible -- the people that join are very bad or not bringing a character that works against the Reapers.

It seems that most "good" players are in FBW gold runs, whereas everyone that didn't get the FBW gold farming memo are playing whatever.

At this point, I hope they patch FBW next time to allow for enemies to spawn behind that room and blow that farming strategy wide open.

I hope not. If I'm gonna have to go through a stupid lottery each time I open a pack and worry about getting a billion character cards for classes I have maxed, than I want some guaranteed credits.

RyanDG

I just wish they would increase the rewards for credits significantly for Unknown Enemy/Unknown map as opposed to it being an XP boost. If it had a significant credit advantage over FBW Geth Gold to go unknown... That may be enough to push people to go that direction.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I just wish they would increase the rewards for credits significantly for Unknown Enemy/Unknown map as opposed to it being an XP boost. If it had a significant credit advantage over FBW Geth Gold to go unknown... That may be enough to push people to go that direction.

You should get credits for actually surviving.

Commodore

I've also typed about that more than a few times in this thread too. Learn the maps, learn how to control when and where enemies spawn. Note that this tactic is independent of what class you choose, but is especially important for a grenade heavy class like the Drell.

Interesting. For reference, what's your spec? What weapon do you use? I wanna see how my spec compares.

exYle

So, does anyone have strategies against Gold Reapers? I tried it again recently as an Asari Adept and I still can't do crap.

X-Frame

So, does anyone have strategies against Gold Reapers? I tried it again recently as an Asari Adept and I still can't do crap.

Stasis the Marauders, Throw on the Husks if your throw is high enough, and Warp > Throw everything else.

As long as there is at least another biotic casting Warp/Reave things will go down quickly. I don't understand why anyone brings any character but a biotic against the Reapers, but that is just me.

Asari Justicar, 2 Asari Adepts, and a Drell Adept would clear house very quickly.

RyanDG

It's hard to say without really knowing what the rest of your team is - but generally speaking - remember on the banshees their instant kill attack can be interrupted if you can trigger a Biotic explosion fast enough. Not necessarily game saving but worth keeping in the back of your head.

Mindlog

Mindlog, what system are you on?
360, I may be back on from 7-8 EST.

One of my favorite strategies on Firebase Glacier is to get everyone to move as a group in a clockwise manner around the map. It's such a small map, sniper rifles are not really recommended - so a lot of movement and close quarters weapons can clear that map in a lot quicker time than trying to hunker down somewhere.
One of my favorite maps to snipe because it's so difficult. Last time I randomly took my Salarian Widow into Cerberus/Glacier/Gold I was spinning around popping shots like a madman. My Claymore Infiltrator would have had an easier time of course, but it was fun.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

The same strategy that kills everything. Human Vanguard plus Drell Adept and more biotic support

lol jk, you cant really do this with pubs, especially since most people immediately kick vanguards.

Well I guess the game realized that I was getting sort of bored of it. me3.exe crashes on command the second I try to load multiplayer.

Woo-Fu

Banned
When everyone is gathered at the top of the ladder. If they're there, then I will hang out next to the ammo box at the bottom of the inside stairs. At each wave I'll start in the middle level (a spawn area) then after your character says "Ready!" or "Marauders!" or whatever I'll go downstairs where enemies then begin spawning. Here's the key: if you go too far into that room, then enemies will begin spawning behind you (and behind your teammates) in that middle level. It's very important to run back to that general vicinity after every time you launch a volley in the lower room in order to prevent enemies from spawning there (if they do, it is *imperative* you clear it ASAP so they don't sneak up on your teammates).

That is how I've always played that map, with any character. Everybody else clusters up top, letting you have the bottom spawns all to yourself while also letting you protect their flank. Of course it only takes one human vanguard to ruin this which is why if there is a vanguard I won't do much of anything until he/she dies.

It really bugs the shit out of me, particularly on smaller maps, when people screw up the spawns. Properly placed you know where they spawn and can wipe full groups quickly.

man, the packs have just been great for me today

I'm only missing the Batarian Sentinel

Edit; Oh my god, Ballistic Blades with Cone, Range, and Explosive. lol, so good

That is how I've always played that map, with any character. Everybody else clusters up top, letting you have the bottom spawns all to yourself while also letting you protect their flank. Of course it only takes one human vanguard to ruin this which is why if there is a vanguard I won't do much of anything until he/she dies.

It really bugs the shit out of me, particularly on smaller maps, when people screw up the spawns. Properly placed you know where they spawn and can wipe full groups quickly.

Yup. Learning spawn control is important for any player (independent of class) but some classes are better equipped to leverage this than others.

The worst is seeing that lone player trying to hold some far off point by themselves... all classes are guilty, not just Vanguards.

Interesting. For reference, what's your spec? What weapon do you use? I wanna see how my spec compares.

I'm currently running 6/4/6/4/6, but once I get a respec card I plan on shifting to 6/6/6/4/4. Max Pull (for biotic detonations) makes clearing the shock troops much faster and safer. I forget what individual options I picked, but IIRC I picked AOE and damage reduction for Reave, AOE and biotic detonations for Pull, damage & extra grenade & extra shrapnel for grenades.

Unsurprisingly, I run with a Carnifex III or IV with a scope and extra damage. I've tried the Phalanx and Geth SMG, but since cooldowns for both Pull and Reave are so short (and grenades aren't on a timer) I try to minimize the time I'm aiming down the sights to make sure I'm lining up my next skill properly. Both the Phalanx and Geth SMG are great for when you're levelling up your Adept though, as both are very complementary (and light!) guns for the build. Once you get at least level 4 in Assassin though, both get outclassed by the Carnifex.

Top Bottom