• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Mindlog

That's backwards~ Use the debuff proximity mine to get extra damage on a snipe. My Geth Infiltrator will remain 6/6/6/0/6. To me the Geth's significant advantage is with its Hunter Vision and AoE melee. Proximity debuff + TC melee is very powerful.

For pure sniping I prefer the Salarian. Energy Drain stun.
For pure shotgun I prefer the Human. Cryo debuff explosions.

Great post.
I used to believe that nothing topped an Asari Adept with stasis bubble. Then I moved onto biotic users in general. After that it was snipers. Then reload cancel sniping. Then shotguns etc etc.

I probably kill the fastest as a host Vanguard. After that everything in the top tier is so close that the practical differences disappear. I agree that the Salarian's two biggest advantages are fewer ammo box visits (Widow X + Clip can last an entire wave) and little downtime (ED and Cloak let you keep firing.)

Signs you know a Geth Gold White farm is going to suck: By round 3 your Salarian Engineer is still challenging for top score. 35 minutes later you finish the map with 80k points. Done with that.

Dreamer RD

So I'm think about maximazing the damage output one player can deal with one shot.

Geth infiltrator
Proxy mine to soften a target and make it 20% more vulnerable
Go for cloak headshot bonus
Weapon damage all the way and geth weapon damage bonus
Javalin X
Barrel mod V
Piercing mod V
Sniper rifle amp III
Armor piercing mod 3

Can a Prime get his armor down in a single headshot ?

Definitely. Even Widow X is enough with Armor piercing upgrade. Dont tell me you already have Javelin at level X :O

Definitely. Even Widow X is enough with Armor piercing upgrade. Dont tell me you already have Javelin at level X :O

Nope. I have Widow IX though. Javelin is missing, like every ultra rare I want.

But I guess Javelin X is my ultimate goal for this game now to try out this build.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
human engineer + overload + paladin = easy mode.

also I think I should try gold on Firebase Sniper Hydra. It must be easy too.

Dreamer RD

Nope. I have Widow IX though. Javelin is missing, like every ultra rare I want.

But I guess Javelin X is my ultimate goal for this game now to try out this build.

Javelin is kinda shitty weapon. Used it a couple of times and abandoned. Holding button before fire is awkward. Damage is great of course. Currently have it at level 3. Also, weight is too heavy.

Just tried Geth Infiltrator with Cloak Melee build and its really awesome. Obviously dangerous but well worth it. Was killing hordes of Hunters/Troopers/Pyros in a couple of sec. 1 Geth Engineer with 100% Turret Shield Restore + 3 Infiltrators can destroy everything very fast.

Harlock

Overload is the best power.

I just wish 2 things from the multiplayer:

- A button "Start NOW if only ONE people is not ready"
- You can choose what you are buying.

rozay

Banned
Final two premium spectre packs, widow VIII, carnifex IV and V, claymore V and the final silver mod to have level 5 everything. I think I'll quit while I'm ahead.

Overload is the best power.

I just wish 2 things from the multiplayer:

- A button "Start NOW if only ONE people is not ready"
- You can choose what you are buying.

- A medal page that keep track of every medal you get (or at least the one you unlocked if you got at least one sometimes)
- Special weapons on PS3
- Some glitches to be fixed : Geth seeing you even when cloaked, enemies not taking damages anymore, etc...

Replicant

Sentry turret on its max setting is such a little trooper. Today, it did most of the work of killing 2 Banshees, 1 Brute, and 4 Ravagers.

So I've given the Drell Adept a try, and... it's pretty amazing. Definitely delivers on killing lots of dudes real fast, although I think my participation in fb white games might be causing trouble with accidentally baiting spawns around towards the back when I go for grenade refills. Also, I am finding it lacking against the biggest enemies, since grenades aren't really spammable. Overall though, really fun and satisfying class, among my favorites now.

Woorloog

Banned
Fucking hate my luck. Bought multiple Spectre packs today (both normal and special ones). I guessed i'd get Claymore II which i did get... I also guessed i'd be getting other rare weapon rank IIs, which happened too. But characters? Didn't get a single one. I want either Batarian. As for weapons, i need only one weapon: Vindicator, as Mattock is too heavy and Vindicator is the only other burst/single shot AR. And Vindicator is Uncommon... is it? The wiki claims it is. (Would like to get Javelin too).

Cat Party

- A medal page that keep track of every medal you get (or at least the one you unlocked if you got at least one sometimes)
- Special weapons on PS3
- Some glitches to be fixed : Geth seeing you even when cloaked, enemies not taking damages anymore, etc...

More credit incentives would be nice as well. I respect that BioWare wants to keep you playing, and keep you from selling the game, and also encourage you to spend real money, but I think a few more ways to earn credits would help.

Fucking hate my luck. Bought multiple Spectre packs today (both normal and special ones). I guessed i'd get Claymore II which i did get... I also guessed i'd be getting other rare weapon rank IIs, which happened too. But characters? Didn't get a single one. I want either Batarian. As for weapons, i need only one weapon: Vindicator, as Mattock is too heavy and Vindicator is the only other burst/single shot AR. And Vindicator is Uncommon... is it? The wiki claims it is. (Would like to get Javelin too).

Vindicator is an uncommon weapon, yep. It's funny you don't have that, because mine is up to 6 and I never use it. Want mine? :D

I'd try buying a bunch of Veteran Packs, since those are guaranteed to net you an uncommon item (as opposed to Spectre packs which give you rare or ultra rare). Doing it that way should give you a better chance of getting it, I reckon.

I have more gold weapons than silver, strangely.

For example, I got Phalanx after Scorpion.

Vindicator is silver weapons. One of my first X weapons. It has a bug with recoil mod that make it shoot downward lol

Vindicator is silver weapons. One of my first X weapons. It has a bug with recoil mod that make it shoot downward lol

Yeah, if you have a Turian Soldier with stability and stuff maxed out, and then the stability mod equipped with a mattock or vindicator, it screws it up.

alexel

This will happen if you were primarily buying Spectre packs.

This will happen if you were primarily buying Spectre packs.

I bought a lot of veteran pack then dropped it for prenium specter. Now it's gone and I'm not satisfied with the loot in Spectre pack anymore : only one rare isn't enough for the price.

I can't buy veteran anymore too : I only get characters and even though I was getting weapons, I don't use silver weapons anymore.

X-Frame

I am still missing a Krogan Vanguard and Geth Engineer.

HOPEFULLY tomorrow's pack is not just a one-time thing and can be purchased multiple times so that I can get those 2 classes.

I already have the Harpoon gun and Striker at level V and the other classes at multiple customization levels.

Replicant

Noooo I was going to buy the premium spectre pack again, but the purchase button was greyed out. :(

Noooooo. I knew today's the last day but I was hesitant to buy more than one in case my luck gives me more Assault Rifles (I already have all 7 in various levels including Avenger X!!!). So I just bought one this morning and got Krogan Sentinel, which I haven't got but maybe I should have spent that last 100,000 as well.

HOPEFULLY tomorrow's pack is not just a one-time thing and can be purchased multiple times so that I can get those 2 classes.

What pack? Should I start saving money?

rozay

Banned
I found one of the old ME3 leak multiplayer videos I saved on my external, and it was interesting to see that the original loadout for the human vanguard was pull, charge, nova. would've liked that a lot better than shockwave :D

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I found one of the old ME3 leak multiplayer videos I saved on my external, and it was interesting to see that the original loadout for the human vanguard was pull, charge, nova. would've liked that a lot better than shockwave :D

Pull would make human spamhards way too good

Replicant

I wish they'd allow you to use your character's face in SP for the human faces in MP. Or allow you to create one for each human. It'd have been awesome to see different character faces in MP. But the engine may not be up for it.

Ephemeris

I wish they'd allow you to use your character's face in SP for the human faces in MP. Or allow you to create one for each human. It'd have been awesome to see different character faces in MP. But the engine may not be up for it.

Using my face code would unlock God Mode in Multiplayer.

Xevren

I hate Condor so much. It's just...terrible. I really wish I could just host and x out the map so it would never pop up. I just fucking hate it.

Replicant

I hate Condor so much. It's just...terrible. I really wish I could just host and x out the map so it would never pop up. I just fucking hate it.
Is that the one on one of Palaven moons? Is so, yes, fucking attrocious map. It's so easy for you and your team to get flanked by the enemies because the place are too covered with walls/mountains/junks all over the area.

X-Frame

Is that the one on one of Palaven moons? Is so, yes, fucking attrocious map. It's so easy for you and your team to get flanked by the enemies because the place are too covered with walls/mountains/junks all over the area.

The designer of Condor has been playing too much MW3.

Here's a map of Condor and the perfect strategy for it.

GJSrt.jpg

The objective part might need more research.

So when is the special pack coming up with atleast one new class?

I might look forward that pack just so I can get the new horrible weapons to X and not looting them anymore in spectre packs. I don't know the drop rate of the new weapons but they seem really higher than normal gold weapons.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I think Hydra is way worse than Condor because you can sit out all 10 waves in the corner where they dropped you with a sniper rifle or some powerful pistol.

no way guys, Condor is AWESOME. looks amazing and is usually a lot of fun.. at least on bronze or silver.

what are these special packs people keep talking about? i have no clue lol. (i'm playing on PS3, maybe we're excluded..)

no way guys, Condor is AWESOME. looks amazing and is usually a lot of fun.. at least on bronze or silver.

what are these special packs people keep talking about? i have no clue lol. (i'm playing on PS3, maybe we're excluded..)

We're always exclude : no week end, no special packs, no special weapons...

Top Bottom