• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Replicant

I think Hydra is way worse than Condor because you can sit out all 10 waves in the corner where they dropped you with a sniper rifle or some powerful pistol.

That's not possible/extremely exaggerated because:

1. One of the enemies' spawn point is actually right behind/adjacent that corner where they dropped you. So it's not always a wise idea to camp there.

2. Eventually you'll get one of those 'activate this button' missions so you'll have to move your ass and get to the point. And the one where you have to upload massive data is usually inside the room where there are only two entry points, making you essentially trapped with no way out if two Atlases or two Brutes + Banshees converge there.

However, I'll grant you that Hydra is easy if you have 2 members playing with Geth or Quarian Engineers, each with sentry turret set to flamethrower. Then we'll have fun roasting some enemies, including the Banshees at the choking points while we sit on our asses and help the turret every once in a while so the Banshees get more toasty! AHAHAHAHAHA!

My face while I roast some Banshees:

fWuQh.png

So yeah, I <3 <3 <3 Hydra.

EDIT: Fuck me, I just got Condor on Silver and the enemies are Reapers, if we're not dead I'll be surprised. UPDATE: failed on wave 10. I knew it.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
That's not possible/extremely exaggerated because

I don't know where is this "spawn corner" but they sure weren't spawning when we played against geth there yesterday. 4 inflitrators with sniper rifles. Nobody came even close and all objectives were done being invisible.

we failed the extraction though.

Ikkarus

^haha :)

about those Banshees... any other good tactics against them?

Run and prey. :)

There isn't a real easy tactic for Banshee's I find hitting them with biotic explosions or sniping them in the head works best but I haven't found a real viable tactic against them apart from keeping my distance from them.

Bazza

^haha :)

about those Banshees... any other good tactics against them?

Concentrated team fire or a rocket launcher, no real trick to killing them from what i can tell they are just tough bastards. On silver with my Geth infiltrator and a Widow X i can drop an atlas in about 5-6 shots to the canopy, 2 to drop the shield and another 3-4 for the armour. Banshee's seem about 2-3x tougher than that and soloing is a little silly. if your playing with a bunch of douche bags doing there own thing drag the banshee to where ever your slacker team mates are they will soon help you drop it.

Rapstah

So the pack hasn't been given out yet, right? I've gotten nothing and I definitely played with the DLC installed, on DLC maps, with DLC classes, with upload gameplay feedback enabled, all weekend.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Im spamming veteran packs to get some of these gun mods i've been missing, on top of uncommon weapons, my Mattock went from III to VI, so my Justicar is happy. :) My Phalanx is still I though. :( Guess i'll continue with spectre packs soon for more Carnifex ranks once i got all the weapon mods i can get from veteran packs.

It's also a good way to stack on medigels and missiles since there can be 3 of them in packs for only 20k credits.

X-Frame

I'm more interested in the balance changes that will likely happen today. There was only 1 tweak to the Soldier last week I forsee a large nerf bomb being dropped soon.

I don't really hate Condor, but so far I've mostly viewed it through Hunter Mode, which means that I don't really have a clear idea about the lower part of the map. Or anything.

Played some rounds with my new Justicar. In one round I had a colleague who was also specced for warp bubble; surprisingly effective and fun. We kept dropping bubbles and retreating from brutes and banshees through the base corridor on Dagger while reaving and blasting the crap out of them. The justicar isn't nearly as powerful damage-wise as the regular asari adept, but she can put up a pretty mean defense.

MNC

Pretty crazy that they actually want to you to play the game to earn in-game rewards. What are they thinking?

Yeah, out of all the things to complain about with this game, to complain about not getting a FREE pack for NOT PLAYING is pretty hilarious! :D

Buncha meanies! :p I was away for the weekend and was hoping I could get this pack, since the weekend deal said

"Anyone who has the Resurgence Pack multiplayer DLC operational during this weekend will be granted a Reserves Pack. A Reserves Pack unlocks one of the new random alien classes guaranteed." I played prior to the weekend, and today. The pack has been "operational" since the day it was released on my laptop.

i need premium packs again. Really have to upgrade my Black Widow. I saw a guy carrying a Black Widow V and a Carnifex X. That's the sort of artillery i need for an infiltrator.

alexel

i need premium packs again. Really have to upgrade my Black Widow. I saw a guy carrying a Black Widow V and a Carnifex X. That's the sort of artillery i need for an infiltrator.

Whoa maybe that was me! Unless it was at the same time cause that'd be just silly. On another note, I wish they would've come out with more enemy types or at least a higher difficulty before this game got stale for me.

Whoa maybe that was me! Unless it was at the same time cause that'd be just silly. On another note, I wish they would've come out with more enemy types or at least a higher difficulty before this game got stale for me.

whats ur username on XBL? ill remember if i saw it. This guy was VERY highly ranked..like 700+ or maybe more.

At my level sometimes i do ok on silver, other times i get perished. In the 2 matches ive played on gold ive finished both of them, but silver can be so damn difficult.

I really need some new weapons because the ones i have now all drastically need an upgrade.

I either use Geth Plasma SMG +4
Black Widow +1
GPS +3
Carnifex 2.

thats all i really have beyond the usual crap.

Cat Party

So what are some unloved guns y'all have been using? You tend to see the same few guns on most kits (Carnifex, Widow/BW/Valiant, GPS, and then a mix of X level default weapons).

I want to branch out, and I've found that the Phalanx is pretty solid. Does less damage than the Carnifex, obviously, but it shoots quicker (important for exposing Geth Hunters) and at just level 2 it gives my adept no weight penalty.

So what are some unloved guns y'all have been using? You tend to see the same few guns on most kits (Carnifex, Widow/BW/Valiant, GPS, and then a mix of X level default weapons).

I want to branch out, and I've found that the Phalanx is pretty solid. Does less damage than the Carnifex, obviously, but it shoots quicker (important for exposing Geth Hunters) and at just level 2 it gives my adept no weight penalty.

I love Locust. It's the only SMG I find good. Geth SMG is sort of fun but not viable.

Also Viper as a substitution to Widow (especially for Salarian Engineers and because Valiant is not available on PS3)

Mattock is a beast but I grew tired of mashing the trigger like a madman.

alexel

whats ur username on XBL? ill remember if i saw it. This guy was VERY highly ranked..like 700+ or maybe more.

At my level sometimes i do ok on silver, other times i get perished. In the 2 matches ive played on gold ive finished both of them, but silver can be so damn difficult.

I really need some new weapons because the ones i have now all drastically need an upgrade.

I either use Geth Plasma SMG +4
Black Widow +1
GPS +3
Carnifex 2.

thats all i really have beyond the usual crap.

My XBL tag is "IGot5KidsToFeed", I think my N7 Lvl is like 780 or something. Sadly, the only safe way to win Gold all the time is to either play with friends or get into a lobby on Firebase White/Geth, make sure all the classes and loadouts make sense and go. Any other map will take some semblance of strategy or skill. You can of course get good enough to solo most of the maps, but who wants to take 40 mins+ to beat a match of Gold while 3 other people get free rides off of you.

Skidd

Still want my Asari Justicar :(

However, I just unlocked the Battlemaster and he is wrecking shit up on Bronze missions. Just need to level up my Barrier and I'll be unstopable.

Kenaras

When hosting, I love using the Scorpion on my Salarian Engineer. It's particularly devastating when using Disruptor Rounds vs. Geth. (Geth tend to clump up far more than the other enemies do.) I'm also fond of using the Tempest on my Human Vanguard. Vastly underrated weapon, and at high ranks it's light enough that you can carry a backup heavy pistol with piercing mod; the pistol will handle those situations where Vanguards are weak.

After playing several Gold Geth on Firebase White, I suddenly just lost the interest to play this game. Thinking of doing silver runs since its a good balance between the credits and the strategy involved... Still havent gotten all the uncommon weapon mods. Veteran packs it is!

Woo-Fu

Banned
Buncha meanies! :p I was away for the weekend and was hoping I could get this pack, since the weekend deal said

"Anyone who has the Resurgence Pack multiplayer DLC operational during this weekend will be granted a Reserves Pack. A Reserves Pack unlocks one of the new random alien classes guaranteed." I played prior to the weekend, and today. The pack has been "operational" since the day it was released on my laptop.

If you really want it just use Origin livechat and work your mojo on a support rep.

subversus

NICE BALANCE CHANGES

my Paladin will completely obliterate everything now. Also may be I'll start carrying assault rifles.

Geth Pulse Rifle
- Damage increased from [21.9-27.4] to [24.1-30.1]
- Spare Ammo increased from [400-500] to [480-640]

Phaeston Assault Rifle
- Damage increased from [34.7-42.2] to [38.1-47.6]
- Spare Ammo increased from [300-375] to [350-450]
- Encumbrance decreased from [1.5-0.9] to [1.35-0.8]

Saber Assault Rifle
- Damage increased from [350.1-437.6] to [389.0-486.2]
- Spare Ammo increased from [40-50] to [40-56]

Revenant Assault Rifle
- Damage increased from [57.9-71.2] to [63.6-79.5]
- Spare Ammo increased from [300-375] to [360-480]
- Encumbrance decreased from [2.0-1.4] to [1.8-1.25]

Collector Assault Rifle
- Damage increased from [44.3-55.4] to [48.7-60.9]
- Spare Ammo increased from [280-350] to [308-392]
- Encumbrance decreased from [2.0-1.4] to [1.8-1.25]

Paladin Heavy Pistol
- Damage increased from [389.9-487.4] to [424.9-531.1]
- Encumbrance increased from [1.0-0.5] to [1.25-0.7]
- Magazine Size decreased from 4 to 3
- Spare Ammo increased from [16-26] to [21-33]

Talon Heavy Pistol
- Damage increased from [86.5-108.1] to [93.7-117.1]
- Encumbrance decreased from [1.5-0.9] to [1.25-0.7]
- Spare Ammo increased from [24-34] to [24-36]

Arc Pistol
- Damage increased from [56.6-71.1] to [61.6-76.8]
- Encumbrance decreased from [1.5-0.9] to [1.25-0.7]

Shuriken SMG
- Damage increased from [33.6-42.1] to [38.7-48.3]
- Spare Ammo increased from [324-405] to [360-468]
- Encumbrance decreased from [0.5-0.2] to [0.45-0.2]

Tempest SMG
- Damage increased from [41.1-53.5] to [47.5-59.4]
- Spare Ammo increased from [350-437] to [400-500]
- Encumbrance decreased from [0.75-0.35] to [0.65-0.3]

Hornet SMG
- Damage increased from [46.1-57.6] to [53.7-67.2]
- Spare Ammo increased from [144-180] to [168-216]
- Encumbrance decreased from [1.0-0.5] to [0.85-0.45]

Locust SMG
- Damage increased from [30.1-39.3] to [34.3-42.8]
- Spare Ammo increased from [240-300] to [260-340]

Hurricane SMG
- Damage increased from [72.5-90.6] to [83.3-104.1]
- Spare Ammo increased from [240-300] to [280-360]
- Encumbrance decreased from [1.0-0.5] to [0.85-0.45]

Geth SMG
- Damage increased from [13.9-17.4] to [16.1-20.1]
- Spare Ammo increased from [500-625] to [600-800]

Wraith Shotgun
- Spare Ammo increased from [10-20] to [18-28]

Submission Net Power
- Base cooldown decreased from 12 to 10 seconds
- Projectile speed increased from 22.5 meters/sec to 27.5 meters/sec

Decoy, Combat Drone, Sentry Turret, and Geth Turret Powers
- Decreased the maximum number of enemies that will target them at the same time.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Decoy, Combat Drone, Sentry Turret, and Geth Turret Powers
- Decreased the maximum number of enemies that will target them at the same time.

Ooooh shit.

X-Frame

I think the Decoy was mostly necessary while people were building up their weapons and testing builds. Now, you can still farm Geth without a Decoy at all, it's just you usually need some crazy CC going on like biotic explosions to prevent flanking.

subversus

I carry only Paladin btw. That's enough to lead in most games. Paladin + overload = a perfect combo.

Mindlog

Bought 4 Resurgence packs, but still no Batarian Sentinel. I'd like to whale on the moon. I did get a stabilization mod iii. Popped it onto my Turian Soldier to test out the Revenant. It was stable enough, but I was wondering why Atlases were melting under Marksman Revenant fire. Now I know.

Is anyone getting low level Resurgence mods from the other packs? I'm tired of spending 99k credits at a time. I need some goddamn medigel and cobras.

*Victory Packs went out, Resurgence packs are available now for 99,000 credits.
** Some people have received some packs. I got Victory, but no commendation yet.

Bought 4 Resurgence packs, but still no Batarian Sentinel. I'd like to whale on the moon. I did get a stabilization mod iii. Popped it onto my Turian Soldier to test out the Revenant. It was stable enough, but I was wondering why Atlases were melting under Marksman Revenant fire. Now I know.

Is anyone getting low level Resurgence mods from the other packs? I'm tired of spending 99k credits at a time. I need some goddamn medigel and cobras.

*Victory Packs went out, Resurgence packs are available now for 99,000 credits.
** Some people have received some packs. I got Victory, but no commendation yet.

What are in Resurgence packs ?

Top Bottom