• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Woo-Fu

Banned
You can do the white gold geth runs without decoy. It is a bit more stressful but still possible, I've done a number of runs that way.

You just do a lot more grabs and if/when you get overrun by Primes you fallback to the ammo area or use a missile.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Just out of interest, how much damage does the Carnifex output compared to the Paladin?

carnifex is 276.1 to 345.1
paladin is 424.9 to 535.1

The thing is, you'll have a high level Carnifex while your Paladin is still low. My carnifex is 10, my paladin is 1. In that case the damage isn't that different and really doesn't make up for the negatives of the Paladin. So I'm looking at 6x345.1(2070.6) before reload with carnifx and 4x424.9(1699.6) before reload with Paladin. Add in things like shield gates and the Carnifex is much better for me.

milkham

jOqsSCU1NTKab.jpg

guy stuck in geometry or something, nothing we did would touch him, even dropped a rocket on him

Cat Party

Good balance fixes. No complaint from me making the engy a little less OP, even though I love decoy. All those AR buffs are great.

How much is the new premium pack?

Xevren

The thing is, you'll have a high level Carnifex while your Paladin is still low. My carnifex is 10, my paladin is 1. In that case the damage isn't that different and really doesn't make up for the negatives of the Paladin.

I wish that was the case for me, I still haven't gotten a Carnifex.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Good balance fixes. No complaint from me making the engy a little less OP, even though I love decoy. All those AR buffs are great.

How much is the new premium pack?

They should give some the ARs back their shield and barrier eating properties. Would be more interesting than just adjusting damage values.

The thing is, you'll have a high level Carnifex while your Paladin is still low. My carnifex is 10, my paladin is 1. In that case the damage isn't that different and really doesn't make up for the negatives of the Paladin.

Oily Shit, seriously ? Carnifex X is less powerful than Paladin I... Only 3 bullets and the weight are big drawbacks but still...

Woo-Fu

Banned
I think the decoy nerf is a perfect time for us to come up with a new easy gold method. I'm thinking two overload engineers and two energy drain infiltrators on Hydra, just have to find the right spot. :)

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I think the decoy nerf is a perfect time for us to come up with a new easy gold method. I'm thinking two overload engineers and two energy drain infiltrators on Hydra, just have to find the right spot. :)

Its called throw biotics at everything.

Ikkarus

The thing is, you'll have a high level Carnifex while your Paladin is still low. My carnifex is 10, my paladin is 1. In that case the damage isn't that different and really doesn't make up for the negatives of the Paladin. So I'm looking at 6x345.1(2070.6) before reload with carnifx and 4x424.9(1699.6) before reload with Paladin. Add in things like shield gates and the Carnifex is much better for me.

shockedfansomgu8cm.gif

That damage output on the Paladin sure is impressive though.

3 infiltrators + 1 asari adept/Justicar.

Who needs engineers ?

Cobra84

Is Bioware so clueless that they think a meager 10% damage increase is going to make automatic weapons even halfway useful? I'm not even sure I'd use a Geth Pulse Rifle with doubled damage and the Geth class bonuses.

Decoy, Combat Drone, Sentry Turret, and Geth Turret Powers
- Decreased the maximum number of enemies that will target them at the same time.
As long as the Primes go after them, it won't matter too much.

Someone tell me if any SMGs are good now, and report back. Thanks.
I doubt anyone will notice a difference. They are still useless against armor.

Nori Chan

Ooooh

My victory pack gave me 5 of everything, incendiary rounds III and a geth engineer.

Already have it, but the 5 of everything really was wanted.

rozay

Banned
N7 rank 50 player with a paladin II. Cry

I'm really beginning to like the justicar. Warp bubble is amazing when the area your team is at gets overrun.

Replicant

Is there a reason to carry GPS? Looking at the gun, it's outclassed by even Avenger in terms of damage and weight. Granted my Avenger is X and my GPS is 3 but if the damage is that low and the weight is quite heavy at 3, what are the chances it'll improve much by X? And that means the gun is unusable until it reaches X? Also, is there an advantage of it being carried by Geth engineers?

exYle

Is there a reason to carry GPS? Looking at the gun, it's outclassed by even Avenger in terms of damage and weight. Granted my Avenger is X and my GPS is 3 but if the damage is that low and the weight is quite heavy at 3, what are the chances it'll improve much by X? And that means the gun is unusable until it reaches X? Also, is there an advantage of it being carried by Geth engineers?

...GP Shotgun, or GP Rifle? Because the GPS outclasses about 90% of ME3's arsenal

...GP Shotgun, or GP Rifle? Because the GPS outclasses about 90% of ME3's arsenal

Seriously! I was in a Firebase White Geth Gold Match the other day with 1 Batarian Soldier (GPS X) and maybe one or two other (including myself with a GPS 6) and we TORE APART that map...finished in 24 minutes. And this is without a decoy. That gun tears shit apart.

cleared reactor today on gold for the first time, wasn't too bad actually, the seperation made it easy for my salarian Infiltrator.

Also did 3Glacier runs with 3 Batarian Soldiers and a Batarian Sentinel, pure lulz

Oops. Yup, I meant the Riffle not the Shotgun.

The Geth rifle is absolutely awful. The first time I used it, I thought I was using a paint gun. And this was with a Turian Soldier and his Marksman skill.

I haven't tried it since today's buff, but I reckon it's still crap.

Woo-Fu

Banned
The geth rifle and smg only make sense if there is something you need to keep from regenning shields, something you can't kill quickly.

That something doesn't exist in this game, which means there is little point in the high RoF, low damage weapons in the game.

I just did a bunch of white gold geth runs, still possible even with crappy pickup teams, haven't noticed any real effect from the decoy nerf, but then again I'm usually in the outside sniper spot.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Man.... Geth Infiltrator with Claymore is just filthy. I'm dropping Ravagers in one shot.

Woorloog

Banned
Got Geth Engineer. Not what i wanted (either batarian, screw the rest) but it is okay fun. The Hunter Mode makes the game too bright and the symbols are obscuring vision but otherwise the mode feels great. To the point i feel the trade-off (-50% shields) is a bit too weak...
Hunter Mode+Geth SMG with ammo capacity mods is great, very accurate, and with 180+ ammo, you don't need high damage.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I never got one. Did a live chat and the dude gave me a pack that wasn't the Resurgence pack. Don't think English was his primary language. He didn't really understand what I was asking.

What pack did you get?

Moaradin

Right as I was in the chat with EA support, I got my Victory Pack. Got a batarian Sent, the class I was least interested in -_-

Is it any good?

Decoy, Combat Drone, Sentry Turret, and Geth Turret Powers
- Decreased the maximum number of enemies that will target them at the same time.

Well that sucks. :-(

why did they remove the resurgence packs on PS3? I just tried to buy one got an error saying I couldn't buy one. I left multiplayer then logged back in and now its gone. :-/

Top Bottom