• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Mindlog

A while ago I praised the combination of Turian Soldier and Tempest.

Give it a try. Turian Soldier, maxed marksman and a Tempest (clip/barrel.) Throw one of the dozen SMG rails you never use on it.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So, to get this right, I was awarded a reserves pack for taking part in the weekend thingo (got an Asari Justicar, goddamnit I want geth), and now the resurgence pack thingo is available for purchase (99,000 creds) to unlock characters/weapons?

I'm not missing anything?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
So, to get this right, I was awarded a reserves pack for taking part in the weekend thingo (got an Asari Justicar, goddamnit I want geth), and now the resurgence pack thingo is available for purchase (99,000 creds) to unlock characters/weapons?

I'm not missing anything?

You got the victory pack and the new special pack is the resurgence pack, replacing the premium spectre pack. It guarantees one of the new characters/weapons

How about the fact that once again they got another technical problem with the pack on the PS3?! I'm not even talking about the survey (which they already collect the data anyway). I'm talking about the new pack that is supposed to be there but due to technical problem, they yanked it out and now we're left with the standard one. Where's their QA before they release the pack? They can't even be bothered with letting the Premium Spectre Pack behind as compensation. It's not like it's free. We still have to earn 99k just to buy one.

And here's a reality for you: what's their excuses for certain weapons not available for PS3 players either? Is it because Sony doesn't like the Valiant type of guns? How about the data they've collected out of PS3 users who played last weekend? What's so difficult about giving free packs for us?

I wish someone from the gaming press would contact Sony or bioware about this.

TheYanger

It's literally a premium spectre with one guaranteed resurgence rare. Can't decide if it's worth getting those over normal spectres because I don't really want any of those rares but it does help level my silver weapons...

I'd rather have the 39000 credits to go towards another normal spectre pack than have one of my two rares be GUARANTEED to be a piece of shit. You'll also level your silver weapons more slowly like that than buying normal spectres.

I just love Biotic Charging as Krogan. On long distance, the distorsion of the mass, plus the idea of getting to a target before another dude and smashing it across map is an endless satisfaction. It's so absurd to run and hit in the face enemies with a giant shotgun with a giant space chubby lizard in a shell suit, randomly moaning as it kills stuff brutally

X-Frame

According to a thread on BSN yesterday, the Krogan Vanguard's "Rage" tree is not working. No difference in melee strength or damage reduction.

I guess I'll spec around that then.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I just love Biotic Charging as Krogan. On long distance, the distorsion of the mass, plus the idea of getting to a target before another dude and smashing it across map is an endless satisfaction. It's so absurd to run and hit in the face enemies with a giant shotgun with a giant space chubby lizard in a shell suit, randomly moaning as it kills stuff brutally

the hero of Tuchanka

Woo-Fu

Banned
20'd my Geth Engineer earlier this morning—it's pretty fun. With the Sentry Turret, Overload, and Geth SMG, I can pretty much solo Phantoms on Gold... It's good fun. :D
Any class played properly can solo phantoms on gold. ;)

rozay

Banned
I'd rather have the 39000 credits to go towards another normal spectre pack than have one of my two rares be GUARANTEED to be a piece of shit. You'll also level your silver weapons more slowly like that than buying normal spectres.
Really? I Purchased around 5 regular spectres and none of them had any silvers. I'll keep trying I guess

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Really? I Purchased around 5 regular spectres and none of them had any silvers. I'll keep trying I guess

I've gotten loads of silvers in my spectre packs. i nearly have all the silver mods and ive gotten lots of silver gun upgrade.

Also this game has a weird sense of humor. Firxt gold gun i get to X is the kirshock. Also my GPSMG is at VIII. Yet my Carnifex and Widow remain at V and my Claymore at 6.

rozay

Banned
I've gotten loads of silvers in my spectre packs. i nearly have all the silver mods and ive gotten lots of silver gun upgrade.

Also this game has a weird sense of humor. Firxt gold gun i get to X is the kirshock. Also my GPSMG is at VIII. Yet my Carnifex and Widow remain at V and my Claymore at 6.
On the bright side, you don't have to worry about getting kishocks anymore!

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
lol Kishock

I still can't understand how this weapon turned out to be that bad. It's like "let's make a shitty weapon so people could handicap themselves and feel great about it!"

rozay

Banned
lol Kishock

I still can't understand how this weapon turned out to be that bad. It's like "let's make a shitty weapon so people could handicap themselves and feel great about it!"
it's the most powerful sniper in the game against organics, it just sucks in every other way except reload time.

Also worst glitch, after dying and being revived the camera didn't revert to normal and continued spinning around me, and I had to find my way to the extraction point in an isometric view while having to compensate for the spinning camera disorienting the movement analog stick. I wasn't able to go into cover either, so all I could do was move behind a pillar and hope that nothing killed me. Teammates were probably pissed as hell lol

exYle

lol Kishock

It's really good against Reapers and most of Cerberus, and it's really quite nice on host. It also works well at mid-range for Geth, given that it's scope offers little magnification and headshots become easier to pull off.

Inversive

Does anyone else find hunter mode really distracting? All the clutter on the screen makes me miss enemies or objectives, it's pretty disorientating.

Dreamer RD

I am also in Kishock haters boat. Had to play off host against Geth and my first kill was on 3 wave lmao. Dont know how to aim that crap.

Nori Chan

I have 5 medigels 4 survival packs and 3 thermal packs

so glad I haven't gotten any for missles or I'd be blowing them left and right

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
lol Kishock

More like lets make another weapon affected by our shitty servers.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Does anyone else find hunter mode really distracting? All the clutter on the screen makes me miss enemies or objectives, it's pretty disorientating.

Turn it off quick if you cant find the objective marker. But whoever designed a blue and white hud with hexagons and diamonds in a game with blue diamond objective markers should go back to design school.

Was playing Hydra vs. Geth on Silver. We were on the extraction wave and we were all taken down. Not sure how many medi-gels my teammates had, but I decided not to use mine. Lost 5000 XP (one of us was already dead so full extraction was impossible) but it was probably worth saving the medi-gels.

Open a spectre pack, host left : I couldn't see my golden card.

For the xxx billion time.

BUT

after quitting the lobby

The package content showed up again (as if I was just opening it !)

Hornet V

X-Frame

Open a spectre pack, host left : I couldn't see my golden card.

For the xxx billion time.

BUT

after quitting the lobby

The package content showed up again (as if I was just opening it !)

Hornet V

Is this only an issue for the PS3? Because it never happens to me on the 360. However, even so, I still will not open or buy any packs while in a room lobby. I always wait until I quit a lobby and back at the main screen to open packs. Just incase.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Was playing Hydra vs. Geth on Silver. We were on the extraction wave and we were all taken down. Not sure how many medi-gels my teammates had, but I decided not to use mine. Lost 5000 XP (one of us was already dead so full extraction was impossible) but it was probably worth saving the medi-gels.

1 medigel vs 5000 exp is a no brainer. There really isn't a good incentive for getting the full extraction anyway, especially on the higher levels. Once I get my credits from round 10 I don't really care what happens as I'm usually playing a level 20 class anyway.

played a quarian infiltrator sniper build on what I thought was silver, the leader changed it to gold at the last minute. three infiltrator snipers and a salarian engineer made for bad times :(

also, how should I go about running adepts? I don't have either of the asari adepts

Are the upgrades really noticeable from the latest patch? Or are they just to entice players to use those upgraded weapons from time to time?

Finally got my Geth engineer, tried a fbw farm with it. Was going fine, but as happens far too often, somebody decides to be awesome and go hang out in the back of the alleyway, which inevitably leads to them getting overrun, and pulling a bunch of pyros, hunters and primes in behind the rest of us and making us wipe. I see people do that so often, and I have never, ever seen it cause a round to go faster or better. Can someone explain this to me? At best people doing that has always slowed rounds down.

X-Frame

Finally got my Geth engineer, tried a fbw farm with it. Was going fine, but as happens far too often, somebody decides to be awesome and go hang out in the back of the alleyway, which inevitably leads to them getting overrun, and pulling a bunch of pyros, hunters and primes in behind the rest of us and making us wipe. I see people do that so often, and I have never, ever seen it cause a round to go faster or better. Can someone explain this to me? At best people doing that has always slowed rounds down.

It seems to be the players that are impatient or stubborn when the first desk is taken by 2-3 people already and he would be forced to the farther desk -- heaven forbid!! I actually prefer that desk because it's safer and you don't get shot from 2 angles.

I've had Salarian Engineer's sit in the far outside corner and put their decoy there!! And then we get flanked and overrun on Wave 2.

Inversive

I do it most FBW runs, can't really say why though. I guess i find it easier to snipe from there, it's a long, straight line of sight and away from the mayhem of the main room. I've never caused a wipe because of it though. I don't see why it would slow things down though, a good sniper can wreck shit up from that position. Though the amount of good snipers i've seen is very low...

It seems to be the players that are impatient or stubborn when the first desk is taken by 2-3 people already and he would be forced to the farther desk -- heaven forbid!! I actually prefer that desk because it's safer and you don't get shot from 2 angles.

I've had Salarian Engineer's sit in the far outside corner and put their decoy there!! And then we get flanked and overrun on Wave 2.

Could be. The funny thing is it's just about always an infiltrator; when I play as an infiltrator I come inside but don't bother taking cover, since I'm almost always cloaked and can easily just sidestep out of enemy line of sight when things get rough. Works like a charm. It's so common though that I feel like it's an accepted strategy, and I just can't figure out why.

I do it most FBW runs, can't really say why though. I guess i find it easier to snipe from there, it's a long, straight line of sight and away from the mayhem of the main room. I've never caused a wipe because of it though. I don't see why it would slow things down though, a good sniper can wreck shit up from that position. Though the amount of good snipers i've seen is very low...

The thing is though, that you can wreck shit just as well (better) from inside while actually helping the rest of the team with the spawns that are making their way towards them from the upstairs area. The reason staying out there slows things down falls on the other side of the coin, because you have enemies taking cover at the bottom of the latter to avoid your shots instead of being funneled into the kill room. This is especially noticeable on 'kill the targets' objectives; so you're out there disrupting the flow of enemies that aren't a danger to the rest of the team, and contributing none of your damage to the enemies that are. And that's the version where you don't get overwhelmed and fuck everyone else over (good on you for not causing that at least). That's been my experience in any case.

Got the Geth Infiltrator out of the victory pack and I've got ~40 points to use. How should I build it?

Cloak, hunter mode, proxy mine, network AI.

Don't use shield/melee. But be carefull : it's really weak and even weaker with hunter mode. You might want to consider trading proxy mine for full shield protection

rozay

Banned
Somebody posted this earlier, but here's a video with proof that Rage isn't working properly on the Krogan Vanguard. Melee bonus (and apparently damage reduction as well) aren't applied, unlike the other two krogans. They all have the same base krogan melee damage in the game, so it's likely an issue with the power. :/

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/11317125/1

TBH the bloodrage effect really hurts my eyes on bright maps like Ghost, so not too big an issue for me hahaha

Top Bottom