• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Haha holy hell. Geth infiltrator and claymore is obscene. Just came number 1 by far with a level 1 geth.

Dave_6

Uhhh well like I said, mine's only level 1. Well level five now, but gonna go 6666 probably.

Lol forgive me, its late and I'm half asleep. I've got the Claymore 1 and just got the Geth Infiltrator tonight so ill try it out before I use anymore points on it.

Somebody posted this earlier, but here's a video with proof that Rage isn't working properly on the Krogan Vanguard. Melee bonus (and apparently damage reduction as well) aren't applied, unlike the other two krogans. They all have the same base krogan melee damage in the game, so it's likely an issue with the power. :/

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/11317125/1

TBH the bloodrage effect really hurts my eyes on bright maps like Ghost, so not too big an issue for me hahaha

I'm not sure...

I just played a gold krogan vanguard and I could one melee hit a fully shielded marauder but I couldn't when not in rage (PS3)

I feel like my Geth Engineer is underpowered. How have you guys built yours?

6/6/6/5/3
Turret-All shields
Hunter Mode-Power Recharge, Power Damage, Speed/Mobility
Overload-Chain, Recharge, Chain
Networked AI-Capacity, Power Damage

Use a pistol and spam away.

Whats your build?

Had success on gold with this Geth Infil build tonight:

6/6/5/6/3
Cloak-Damage, Recharge, Sniper Damage
Hunter Mode-Power Recharge, Power Damage, Speed/Mobility
Prox Mine-Radius, Damage Taken
Networked AI-Capacity, Headshots, Weight

You can quickly fire off a prox mine while cloaked and follow it up with a shot, retaining the cloak damage bonus even without Bonus Power.

X-Frame

You know you have a great team when you can run around Ghost against the Reapers on Gold and only have a few hiccups. Love using my offensive bubble with my Justicar against them.

Geth have become boring and Cerberus can be very aggravating if you don't have an Asari with Stasis.

4 salarians infiltrator with widows and javelins. Penis-o-meter all game long. I was leading the party with 30k points before the second.

Wave 10 past. Preparing for evac.

Servers down.

UH.

I'm not even mad about the credits. It's just so fucking frustrating ! Excellent game and good party lost at last wave. I'm so pissed

Of course, I got kicked back to main menu. Try connection to EA severs again. it worked. Good net code guys

H3xum

Had a great deal of fun playing a Drell Adept last night for the first time.

Am I right with Pull ---> Reave/Clusters?

It's downright nasty. I'm specking pull for a bigger AoE and biotic explosion, don't know what to do with Reave tho? Clusters I assume I should go for extra grenade then shrapnel? Or should I do the damage one?

meSchnitzel

Neo Member
Managed MVP with Batarian Soldier on silver yesterday, wow it is fun. I love the wrist blades with exploding darts is just too cool. The Blade Armor definetly works best when you don't keep it on the whole time, I just turned it on when everything got a little too close for comfort.

I bought a few spectre packs yesterday and now I have an Arc Pistol up to V haha... Tried it out because I hadn't yet but I really didn't care for it. Still waiting for my GPS or a Black Widow.

alexel

played a quarian infiltrator sniper build on what I thought was silver, the leader changed it to gold at the last minute. three infiltrator snipers and a salarian engineer made for bad times :(

also, how should I go about running adepts? I don't have either of the asari adepts

That should've been a team that steamrolled all of Gold unless you were playing against Reapers (and even then it should be easy if everyone plays well). Don't write off that combo just because you had bad teammates or you yourself were playing poorly.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm loving my Asari Justicar on Silver with AOE reave + improved damage reduction, offense bubble, reduce weight on assault rifle, some extra health/shield from Fitness and a single point into Pull when needed.

I'm hard to kill and with the reduce assault rifle weight and a high rank Mattock(186% power cooldown?), i can spam Reave a lot while doing quick and decent damage with my gun and the bubble has its use against groups or even for defense.

Okay, tried out my krogan Battlemaster with a shotgun first, now I'm gonna try him with the revenant. Better long-range support and I can just club everything to death once I charge in because I specced for Melee damage.

ShutEye

Still waiting for Bioware to fix the bug hanging the game at DLC check #2. Wish I could get back into multiplayer while I have time off.

Dreweyes

Bump from the other ME3 thread ♥

My limited edition $10 Teefury is up rigth now! Only available until midnight then it's gone.

http://www.teefury.com/

HWdzl.jpg

Cheers guys! ♥

rozay

Banned
Still waiting for Bioware to fix the bug hanging the game at DLC check #2. Wish I could get back into multiplayer while I have time off.
Is this still happening to you? After day 1 it stopped for me, and the time the game takes checking stuff after the title screen is also shorter (thank god) so they obviously changed something. Try clearing your cache and reinstalling the update.

rozay

Banned
Have they fixed Krogan Vanguard fitness issue?
Pretty sure it needs a patch to be fixed along with all the other issues like the SMG lightweight materials not working on any weapon but the new geth SMG. The patch that came out last week was only for single player issues.

Dreamer RD

Pretty sure it needs a patch to be fixed along with all the other issues like the SMG lightweight materials not working on any weapon but the new geth SMG. The patch that came out last week was only for single player issues.

That's bad. Also Kishock really needs fixes.

Cat Party

They can change stats on the fly, so my guess is they could fix these apparent issues without a patch. But if it's true that these problems are still there, my guess must be wrong.

Firebrand

Unlocked the Kischock, tried it out on a Batarian Soldier. Eh. Not feeling it, maybe you need the extra damage bonuses from infiltrators.

Had lots of fun with Claymore on my Geth Infiltrator though, think I prefer it to the GPS. Overall not a fan of guns that are charged up before firing.

Unlocked the Kischock, tried it out on a Batarian Soldier. Eh. Not feeling it, maybe you need the extra damage bonuses from infiltrators.

Had lots of fun with Claymore on my Geth Infiltrator though, think I prefer it to the GPS. Overall not a fan of guns that are charged up before firing.

I really need to try using a Claymore on my Geth Infiltrator, because for whatever reason, I simply suck using the GPS. Not sure what is -- sometimes my shots just don't seem to connect. Tis a shame, too, because I was really looking forward to using this class.

May just stick to my Geth Engineer (who I love!).

Cat Party

What mods are you putting on the Claymore?

ShutEye

Is this still happening to you? After day 1 it stopped for me, and the time the game takes checking stuff after the title screen is also shorter (thank god) so they obviously changed something. Try clearing your cache and reinstalling the update.

Yeah, there are a small number of people who are still affected. I've gone through all sorts of stuff to try & fix it. Once I was able to get into a game by deleting absolutely everything including single player saves (which I don't care cause I haven't really started ). I've reinstalled everything at least 3 or 4 times. But I'm not willing to do that every time I want to play the game.

Bioware has acknowledged the issue on their forums and they say they'll have a fix shortly, but its pretty frustrating.
I normally ignore the multiplayer modes for games, but really got into this so it's doubly frustrating.

Dreamer RD

Cant understand all that Claymore praising. Tried Claymore X on Geth Inf and it really sucks compared to GPS X almost in every way. Is there some kind of trick to use it? I saw vid on Condor and there is nothing impressive really.

Mindlog

Equipped my Salarian Infiltrator with Warp III, Targeting VI III and Adrenaline Mod something. I was looking forward to trying out the combination in a random Gold match.

As the game loads I hear, "Good job team, now get to the LZ."
So I burned all those mods for 5k XP on my level 20 Infiltrator. Great.

I change my Claymore mods pretty often. However, it's always a combination of Smart Choke, Shredder or Barrel.
I keep hearing that the Graal is really good so I may try again with that.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Cant understand all that Claymore praising. Tried Claymore X on Geth Inf and it really sucks compared to GPS X almost in every way. Is there some kind of trick to use it? I saw vid on Condor and there is nothing impressive really.

more satisfying. Also can headshot for better damage. with smart choke can snipe better than GPS. Also not as affected by lag.

Dave_6

Also I'm really liked these themed runs this guy is doing on Youtube. I we could get some experienced gaffers together to try some of them.

That is pretty cool. I already have been trying to make all my human characters look as much like Cerberus as possible but I haven't thought about playing like them too lol.

alexel

Are you getting 2 cloak bonus shots with that Claymore? I already loved the Claymore X on my Geth Infiltrator before I discovered the reload canceling trick with it. If you don't know about it for the Claymore, here's how it goes:

After firing the first shot, you'll break out of cloak. As soon as your Claymore finishes chambering the round (before the reload animation complete), hit either LB, Y or RB (any of the ability buttons). This will cancel out the rest of the reload motion and allow you to instantly fire the Claymore again (you won't trigger a power this way since you'll still be on cloak cooldown).

I'm so burned out on this game that if it wasn't for my Claymore Geth Infiltrator, I'd just stop playing altogether.

Dave_6

Are you getting 2 cloak bonus shots with that Claymore? I already loved the Claymore X on my Geth Infiltrator before I discovered the reload canceling trick with it. If you don't know about it for the Claymore, here's how it goes:

After firing the first shot, you'll break out of cloak. As soon as your Claymore finishes chambering the round (before the reload animation complete), hit either LB, Y or RB (any of the ability buttons). This will cancel out the rest of the reload motion and allow you to instantly fire the Claymore again (you won't trigger a power this way since you'll still be on cloak cooldown).

I'm so burned out on this game that if it wasn't for my Claymore Geth Infiltrator, I'd just stop playing altogether.

Thanks for posting this because I was clueless about it.

alexel

Thanks for posting this because I was clueless about it.

Haha np. Reload canceling will also work with other things such as, going in to cover, rolling/sidestepping, or on the PC you can apparently hit the medigel button to reload cancel too (I tested this yesterday on 360 and it didn't seem to work, not to mention it's a lot more awkward hitting the down on the d-pad rather than LB or RB to cancel the animation).

Replicant

I've had many occasions of joining in the mid of the game (around wave 3-5). Usually happens when I play Silver though and my impression was someone in the game has just left his/her team mates, leaving a spot open to fill in.

Top Bottom