• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Dreamer RD

After firing the first shot, you'll break out of cloak. As soon as your Claymore finishes chambering the round (before the reload animation complete), hit either LB, Y or RB (any of the ability buttons). This will cancel out the rest of the reload motion and allow you to instantly fire the Claymore again (you won't trigger a power this way since you'll still be on cloak cooldown).

I'm so burned out on this game that if it wasn't for my Claymore Geth Infiltrator, I'd just stop playing altogether.

Thanks for info. GPS is still better at long distance and can kill hordes of mobs before reloading.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Nothing feels better than sending a missile on 2 Banshees and a Brute.

Also, what's with the weird lag in this game? I can't even climb ladders when i play with a laggy host.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
New N7 Challenge this weekend is...

No challenge this weekend. They're doing them every other weekend now: http://blog.bioware.com/2012/04/19/n7-operations-update/

That kinda sucks. Oh well!
Lame. Shitty (lack of?) reasoning. No reason why they should be changing to this. Now it will take 20 years to get all the special guns. Guess I'll be taking a temporary break from this game to play other things now.

Cat Party

I've had many occasions of joining in the mid of the game (around wave 3-5). Usually happens when I play Silver though and my impression was someone in the game has just left his/her team mates, leaving a spot open to fill in.

Weird, I've played tons of matches and I don't ever recall joining one in progress except when invited.

New N7 Challenge this weekend is...

No challenge this weekend. They're doing them every other weekend now: http://blog.bioware.com/2012/04/19/n7-operations-update/

That kinda sucks. Oh well!

Sounds like the next MP DLC is far off and they are trying to spread the Exclusive Content unlocks out until then. Couple of month of these bi weekly N7 missions and we will all have at least rank 1 of each N7 weekend weapon and then MP DLC 2 will likely drop. Adding a few new classes and some new weapons (and hopefully the collectors assault rifle and prothean rifle) Prothean squad mates would be nice.

Maybe even new factions to face. Collectors and Mercs ?

Sounds like the next MP DLC is far off and they are trying to spread the Exclusive Content unlocks out until then. Couple of month of these bi weekly N7 missions and we will all have at least rank 1 of each N7 weekend weapon and then MP DLC 2 will likely drop. Adding a few new classes and some new weapons (and hopefully the collectors assault rifle and prothean rifle) Prothean squad mates would be nice.

Prothean squad mate is basically an adept : Dark Channel is an buffed Reave. Javik had Pull, Slam and Lift Grenades : So if you scratch Slam, it's a Drell Adept.

I'd like to see a Prothean Sentinel with it's Particule Beam, even if it will heavily cluttering the screen.

PS3 players have no N7 Special weapons and no way to get any of these right now.

MNC

Heh, all I see is they're not doing it to give people more time to try the free weekend of Star Wars TOR

X-Frame

Not a big deal -- it seemed that every other weekend was just a random +25% XP anyway.

If they make more challenges like Operation Goliath that will be worth it every 2 weeks.

Not a big deal -- it seemed that every other weekend was just a random +25% XP anyway.

If they make more challenges like Operation Goliath that will be worth it every 2 weeks.

I agree -- I'd rather have challenges that are actually, well, a challenge.

The first one was still the best in my opinion -- finish a Silver match against the Reapers, plus kill a million Brutes.

I like challenges that force you to do a specific thing. That's why I was excited about the rumors of that Gold Reactor challenge. It would have forced people like me to stop Credit farming on Firebase White and actually play the game the way it was meant to be played.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
i hope we dont get Protheans. God, that would be stupid. We should get opposite gender versions of all the races bar Salarians and Krogans. Also they should make the Rachni a playable race cause giant bugs wielding guns would be hilarious.

Xevren

I'm really hoping for more factions to fight with, mercenaries would definitely be the easiest to put in. I still want to be a vorcha!

Woorloog

Banned
i hope we dont get Protheans. God, that would be stupid. We should get opposite gender versions of all the races bar Salarians and Krogans. Also they should make the Rachni a playable race cause giant bugs wielding guns would be hilarious.

Elcor and Volus.

X-Frame

I agree -- I'd rather have challenges that are actually, well, a challenge.

The first one was still the best in my opinion -- finish a Silver match against the Reapers, plus kill a million Brutes.

I like challenges that force you to do a specific thing. That's why I was excited about the rumors of that Gold Reactor challenge. It would have forced people like me to stop Credit farming on Firebase White and actually play the game the way it was meant to be played.

I leave any FBW Geth matches now and prefer Any Map / Any Enemy unless my character excels at a particular enemy. I will admit I am also sick of Geth and love fighting the Reapers.

Elcor and Volus.

Volus & Vorcha have walking animations
Elcor & Hanar dont.

Mercaneries faction could be fun but I don't think there's bots in ME3: they would need to put these robots and mercs models & IA in ME3. A merc faction with a mix of blu sun, blood pack and whatever was the third one, with their engineers, biotics, soldiers & mechs. It would lack of heavy enemies : YMIR but it would play like against the Atlas

ME3 multi could do with an automatic weekend challenge generator or something, they should make it so they can leave it to run automatically or something.

Bit late for all that I guess.

Kyari

How does the free DLC work currently? I assume people without the DLC can still play the multiplayer stuff, but just can't select the new maps or races? Can they play with people using the new races?

Dreamer RD

How does the free DLC work currently? I assume people without the DLC can still play the multiplayer stuff, but just can't select the new maps or races? Can they play with people using the new races?

No. Need to install resurgence dlc.

There is a glitch with Thermal Clip Packs (probably with other items too). I had 257, then got 5 from spectre pack and the ammount decreased to 255.

Woorloog

Banned
Volus & Vorcha have walking animations
Elcor & Hanar dont.

Elcor do have walking animations actually. Maybe they were not used in ME3 but they were in ME2 (go to Presidium, there's an elcor walking on a bridge).
Now the rest of the animations will have to be made still...

You did understand i suggested elcor and volus as jokes?

Kyari

No. Need to install resurgence dlc.

There is a glitch with Thermal Clip Packs (probably with other items too). I had 257, then got 5 from spectre pack and the ammount decreased to 255.

Oh, so if you join a lobby with someone as a Krogan Vanguard, and don't have the DLC installed, it'll drop you?

rozay

Banned
Reave is worse than spamhards on bronze in terms of kill stealing, I just played a game where I had a 75 kills medal with my adept and everybody else had 25 kill medals :(

Elcor do have walking animations actually. Maybe they were not used in ME3 but they were in ME2 (go to Presidium, there's an elcor walking on a bridge).
Now the rest of the animations will have to be made still...

You did understand i suggested elcor and volus as jokes?

I did understood it but I thought it would be interesting to point out what was possible or not.

Let's say Bioware really pull it off and decide to go for playable elcors : it would be to big to fit the level design but then I remembered the Krogan vanguard being twice bigger than a krogan, being twice bigger than a human.

Hey, Elcor might work !

Also : how Bioware change these patch notes we see every week ? Server side ? Cause I didn't had any update client side on PS3

Kyari

Dont know. I had 267 at one time. Then it started to decrease without reason.

You simply cant join lobby that is created by person with DLC installed if you didnt installed.

... that's interesting. I assumed it was on the disc DLC set up to allow anyone to see the other classes and the 200mb download was just the maps. Now I'm sort of excited at the plausibility of them adding new DLC characters/enemies/etc

rozay

Banned
I did understood it but I thought it would be interesting to point out what was possible or not.

Let's say Bioware really pull it off and decide to go for playable elcors : it would be to big to fit the level design but then I remembered the Krogan vanguard being twice bigger than a krogan, being twice bigger than a human.

Hey, Elcor might work !

Also : how Bioware change these patch notes we see every week ? Server side ? Cause I didn't had any update client side on PS3
Server side value changing. I suspect the bugged powers/mods require an actual content patch since they haven't been fixed yet.

X-Frame

Unlocked the Krogan Battlemaster finally. He's fun, but I still feel very vulnerable and "useless" compared to other CC and high-damage classes.

Still no Geth Engineer -- my most wanted class. And I'm going on a business trip for a month mid-next week and I fear I won't even unlock him before I leave. :(

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Last I saw, the guy at the top of the Global Leaderboard was over 4k.

Actually... its worse than that. On PC at least.

masseffect32012-04-19ktk1h.png

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Reave is worse than spamhards on bronze in terms of kill stealing, I just played a game where I had a 75 kills medal with my adept and everybody else had 25 kill medals :(

Its not kill stealing. If someone blows up a reaved target and its the explosion that kills them, you as the primer get the points.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Meh, I just shoot whatever moves.

Anyways, Geth infiltrator + claymore has quickly become one of my favourite classes. So ridiculous. Asari Adept, Salarian Infiltrator and Human Vanguard are also really great.

Dave_6

Yes the Geth Infiltrator with a Claymore is beastly. I was getting headshots across Hydra without aiming down the sights.

rozay

Banned
I know! Same here. I'm on a team and I could careless who "steals" my kills. People got to realize they are on a team. :p
They didn't as they all stayed for 5 rounds! I generally try not to attack enemies somebody it's attacking when they're not overwhelmed but that round I just reaved everything that moved in front of me and that was the result haha

Top Bottom