• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Commodore

I know! Same here. I'm on a team and I could careless who "steals" my kills. People got to realize they are on a team. :p

I don't get this either. I recall one match where dudes were flipping out if I went after anything they had started to go after. The vast majority of the matches I've played are mostly full of people trying to work together and make it through a match by any means necessary. For the record, from my understanding, all credits and experience are divvied up evenly, but the score at the end is simply for showing who pulled the most weight? Is that right?

rozay

Banned
I don't get this either. I recall one match where dudes were flipping out that I had went after anything they had started to go after. The vast majority of the matches I've played are mostly full of people trying to work together and make it through a match by any means necessary. For the record, from my understanding, all credits and experience are divvied up evenly, but the score at the end is simply for showing who pulled the most weight? Is that right?
Yes.

The multiplayer in the november ME3 leak showed the team score at the bottom right of the HUD, not sure why they took it out.

Replicant

I got so many occasions where man-babies left a game just because their score is not the highest. I mean, seriously, why? Why bother? I am happy to perch either second last or even last. All I want is the XP and the money so I can complete my character collection. I guess those people care about e-Penor but it's hard in co-op game like this to determine who kill what. Most of the time you just have to pump as much bullet as you can on the enemies so they are dead and are not posing any danger to your team.

Question: What does Battlefield soldier looks like? Is it better? How do you get him? If I rent Battlefield to play on my PS3, can I get the soldier?

Kenaras

The Battlefield 3 Soldier is generally considered slightly better than the Human Soldier, but that's not saying much. With a good weapon the class is capable of respectable damage output, but offers no utility.

Also, last I heard the Battlefield 3 Soldier wasn't available for PS3.

Just bought 6 packs (3 x resurgence, 3 x spectre)

got 5 harpoon guns and 5 baterian sentinels. fanfuckingtastic.

All i want is an upgrade to my Carnifex and Black Widow.

You should at least be able to put want you want into a pool or say what you dont want and then the odds go from there.

I just played 3 gold match and EVERYBODY is using AR and most of them are Geth Pulse Rifle.

Did it got an insane buff in the past ar/smg buff or just crazy coincidences ?

Kantor48

Neo Member
I just played 3 gold match and EVERYBODY is using AR and most of them are Geth Pulse Rifle.

Did it got an insane buff in the past ar/smg buff or just crazy coincidences ?

I use an assault rifle for every class except Infiltrator (Sniper) and Vanguard (Shotgun). It's basically an SMG and heavy pistol rolled into one, and deals more damage than either.

Firebrand

Yes the Geth Infiltrator with a Claymore is beastly. I was getting headshots across Hydra without aiming down the sights.
Do you have Damage or Accuracy in the Hunter Mode tree? I went with Damage since I figured I'd be up close with the shotgun, but I wonder if Accuracy would have been a better pick. The claymore does seem to be working surprisingly well as it is with cloak + hunter mode at some distance.

Also finally unlocked Carnifex I. Yay. Now I just need 9 more ranks... Tried it out a bit on my Quarian Engineer, and yeah, seems like quite the upgrade over the Phalanx.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I use an assault rifle for every class except Infiltrator (Sniper) and Vanguard (Shotgun). It's basically an SMG and heavy pistol rolled into one, and deals more damage than either.
I love the way the ARs. They look great and sound awesome.

But they take too long to do damage and I have to stick my neck out the entire time as well. I'd much rather one shot ppl and call it a day.

Ikkarus

People care about kill stealing? I just want to survive.

The only time I get annoyed (only slightly mind) is when I hit a an enemy with Warp and before I hit Throw some swine has killed him. Now I am all for quick kills but I only get annoyed by it because if I had hit that enemy with Throw I could of created a Biotic explosion which would of hit all enemies around him which in turn means even faster kills for everyone as a bunch of enemies would be weaker or killed in one fell swoop.

H3xum

After (litreally) 20+ 60k packs I finally got a Claymore

Beast mode with Geth Infiltrator, I get it now. I must have level 10 of it.

Anyone recall the stats of it as it levels? More specifically what the weight gets down to and how much ammo it goes up to

Replicant

Another fucker just came to our Silver game and did nothing but stand in a corner hiding. His PSN iD: JoshyWoshy183. Do yourself a favor and boot him out if you see him in a lobby.

But there must be a way for Bioware to boot these jokers for good. It's not funny how many people have abused the game with this kind of BS. If you don't want to play then get the fuck out!

meSchnitzel

Neo Member
I felt like doing some gold runs yesterday and loaded up my Salarian Engineer. The moment I get into a lobby I immediately get a kick vote. My N7 level is 118 currently. So that's pretty petty. Luckily this other player was awesome and had played with this other anus before so we kicked him... Yeah lets do gold geth runs... and lets kick the only person currently playing Salarian Engineer... Dumb.
We won like 4 in a row np before I had to take off.

Inversive

Another fucker just came to our Silver game and did nothing but stand in a corner hiding. His PSN iD: JoshyWoshy183. Do yourself a favor and boot him out if you see him in a lobby.

But there must be a way for Bioware to boot these jokers for good. It's not funny how many people have abused the game with this kind of BS. If you don't want to play then get the fuck out!

Yeah it's fucking irritating especially on gold as one leecher probably means you won't finish it. I've managed to 3man it once but that was with another pro gaffer, i doubt 3 randoms could manage it unless they are being carried by a super player. I guess some kind of in-game kick system although it would be open to abuse by idiots.

meSchnitzel

Neo Member
The game could use an in-game kick option, just keep it a vote just like in the lobby. I tend to just leave if that starts, im not going to waste my time in a near hopeless game just because some a-hole wants free creditzzz. I almost always use a headset so I do at least communicate this to my team, and sometimes remake a new game inviting the other players

Dave_6

Do you have Damage or Accuracy in the Hunter Mode tree? I went with Damage since I figured I'd be up close with the shotgun, but I wonder if Accuracy would have been a better pick. The claymore does seem to be working surprisingly well as it is with cloak + hunter mode at some distance.

I honestly don't remember right now. Last night was my first time ever using the Geth and the Claymore so I'm just experimenting right now. I can see that I'm probably going to have to redo it and put points into Fitness instead of the proxy mine as it just seems too weak to me.

Had some guy do that in a silver round last night (on 360). Think his GT was Flying Monkeyz or something like that. He camped out close to the extraction point on Firebase White and never moved until all of us were down. Fucking asshat...

Just played a game with a dude having his child crying and him yelling at it for the entire game. I had to mute my game because there's no mute option

alexel

Thanks for info. GPS is still better at long distance and can kill hordes of mobs before reloading.

Yea, GPS is pretty beast, but I just get tired from holding down the trigger all the time. It also creates this odd glitch where you'll decloak right after you activate it (which kills you if it happens during a situation where you really need that cloak to stick).

I also understand how the charging mechanism with the GPS works with cloak so no need to tell me that this is not a glitch because what I'm talking about definitely is.

In the gold race for X rank, my Widow won the first place earlier this week. Second place was most likely to be given to the Disciple but a fantastic breakthrough of the Revenant and the Arc pistols just happened ! Now tie at rank IX, this three guns that everything oppose* are in the final straight line to the finish !

*expect the fact that I don't use any of them

Meanwhile, in the silver league, after the victory of the Locust today, the Mattock is taking the league at rank IX, getting further ahead of the Viper, stopped at VIII for so long. It's just before the Phaeston, slowly reaching VII today. Last in the race, the silk Phalanx, at a sturding rank V, closing the sliver league of my used weapons.

Cat Party

After (litreally) 20+ 60k packs I finally got a Claymore

Beast mode with Geth Infiltrator, I get it now. I must have level 10 of it.

Anyone recall the stats of it as it levels? More specifically what the weight gets down to and how much ammo it goes up to

There's a spread sheet out there with all this info. I know it's been posted in this thread before. I'll try to find it.

EDIT:

Here it is:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0ArNVjEsDluBFdF84WkZjc2ozQ2VrTUhkcFR2ZWc5bWc&output=html

Replicant

Yeah it's fucking irritating especially on gold as one leecher probably means you won't finish it. I've managed to 3man it once but that was with another pro gaffer, i doubt 3 randoms could manage it unless they are being carried by a super player. I guess some kind of in-game kick system although it would be open to abuse by idiots.

The 3 of us survived...up until wave 10, which always require you to do some button switching while throwing all of the enemies in your face. We were just overwhelmed at that point with only 2 people guarding 1 player switching the button while all the primes, hunters, rockets and pyro geth flanking us.

The game could use an in-game kick option, just keep it a vote just like in the lobby. I tend to just leave if that starts, im not going to waste my time in a near hopeless game just because some a-hole wants free creditzzz. I almost always use a headset so I do at least communicate this to my team, and sometimes remake a new game inviting the other players

Technically, we couldn't kick him because when we finally went back to the lobby, he turned out to be the host. X(

Mindlog

Premium Spectre Pack is back on PS3 for some reason.
So it seems the Resurgence Pack 'issue' is tied to the same policy that is killing N7 weekends on PS3.

Willing to trade: Black Widow & Javelin III for Batarian Sentinel.

Next weekend sounds like a Phantom Hunt.
Ballistic Blade Stagger and Falcon Punch Marathon.

Yea, GPS is pretty beast, but I just get tired from holding down the trigger all the time. It also creates this odd glitch where you'll decloak right after you activate it (which kills you if it happens during a situation where you really need that cloak to stick).

I also understand how the charging mechanism with the GPS works with cloak so no need to tell me that this is not a glitch because what I'm talking about definitely is.

I have absolutely had this happen to me as well, so I know just what you're talking about. It has to be something to do with the charge mechanic I'd guess since it only happens to me when I have the gps, but yeah, instant decloak when my finger isn't even on the trigger. Probably another lag thing.

Luckily I have Claymore X somehow so not a problem. It's kind of ridiculous that I kept getting claymore upgrades, my first maxed gold weapon.

alexel

I have absolutely had this happen to me as well, so I know just what you're talking about. It has to be something to do with the charge mechanic I'd guess since it only happens to me when I have the gps, but yeah, instant decloak when my finger isn't even on the trigger. Probably another lag thing.

Luckily I have Claymore X somehow so not a problem. It's kind of ridiculous that I kept getting claymore upgrades, my first maxed gold weapon.

Haha yea, I used to get so frustrated when getting rare shotgun upgrades while my widow was still sitting at lvl 3. Now the Claymore X is up there with my favorite weapons in the game along with Black Widow and Saber.

Kenaras

I've seen a YouTube video demonstrating this bug, but it never happens to my GPS Geth Infiltrator. I wonder if it's a bug which only happens if you take certain ability evolution paths, like the Shockwave bug. If it is, my first guess would be Bonus Power at Tactical Cloak rank 6 as the most likely culprit. On the other hand, I've never heard of the bug affecting anyone other than Geth Infiltrators. If the bug was with Tactical Cloak, I'd expect it to affect all GPS Infiltrators.

(If you take the Radius path at Shockwave rank 4, it causes a bug where sometimes your Shockwave will do nothing.)

rozay

Banned
Today for the first time I'm continuously getting disconnected from matches on wave 7-8 and even once after finishing wave 10. Ugh

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Today for the first time I'm continuously getting disconnected from matches on wave 7-8 and even once after finishing wave 10. Ugh

Speaking of which, what's their reason for not getting immediately the credits once you complete wave 3, 6 and 10? There's nothing worse than getting disconnected after 15-18 mins and getting 0 credits on top of wasting the special rank I-II-III powers for nothing.

I've seen a YouTube video demonstrating this bug, but it never happens to my GPS Geth Infiltrator. I wonder if it's a bug which only happens if you take certain ability evolution paths, like the Shockwave bug. If it is, my first guess would be Bonus Power at Tactical Cloak rank 6 as the most likely culprit. On the other hand, I've never heard of the bug affecting anyone other than Geth Infiltrators. If the bug was with Tactical Cloak, I'd expect it to affect all GPS Infiltrators.

(If you take the Radius path at Shockwave rank 4, it causes a bug where sometimes your Shockwave will do nothing.)

I've had it happen on my Salarian as well. So yeah, not sure what's up with that.

I am all for using the new classes in a gold run, but the more I see an Asari Justicar, the more I believe it is not suited for a good gold run without another adept to back her up. Her powers are buffs, and explosions only work if the enemy has no shield or they come into the bubble.

Also, I played with a douchebag of a Salarian Engineer once. It's arguably the best class to make for an easy 10 waves with their decoy, but he ONLY put the decoy up in the beginning of a round or if no one was in sight. Otherwise he was spamming energy drain, which prevented the Asari explosions. When we got overran he only wanted to boost his shields instead up putting up another decoy. All of us had mics except him and we were screaming at him to put up a decoy. Super lame and we wound up losing in round 9 because he didn't put up the damn decoy.

X-Frame

I am all for using the new classes in a gold run, but the more I see an Asari Justicar, the more I believe it is not suited for a good gold run without another adept to back her up. Her powers are buffs, and explosions only work if the enemy has no shield or they come into the bubble.

Also, I played with a douchebag of a Salarian Engineer once. It's arguably the best class to make for an easy 10 waves with their decoy, but he ONLY put the decoy up in the beginning of a round or if no one was in sight. Otherwise he was spamming energy drain, which prevented the Asari explosions. When we got overran he only wanted to boost his shields instead up putting up another decoy. All of us had mics except him and we were screaming at him to put up a decoy. Super lame and we wound up losing in round 9 because he didn't put up the damn decoy.

I think the Asari Justicar can be a great help on her own without another adept -- it's just that another adept makes her effectiveness skyrocket.

If you spec Reave with Duration > Recharge Speed > Barriers & Armor, you can constantly apply Reave on Elites that will prevent protection regeneration and cause a good deal of Damage Over Time. If the internetz are correct, Reave's powers stack on itself so if you can apply it 3 times on a Banshee that will melt her down to nothing very quick.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I specced my Justicar's Reave for AOE and for the last point i chose more damage protection, more damage and a longer duration rather than more effectiveness on armor and barrier... i figured more defense and more damage on ALL targets rather than only the ones with armor and barrier would be more useful.

this guy

Seriously, fuck vanguards. It's fucking impossible to level them to 20 quickly. All I want to do is promote it and then never use it again. Fuck.

Jafku

Got a question for PS3 owners who bought the digital version. Do you experience massive slowdown when playing multiplayer? It comes to a point where the game is unplayable, and I cant even exit to the xmb, requiring me to restart my PS3. My PS3 is a slim console btw. Anyone else have this problem?

Top Bottom