• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Just tried the Hurricane on my engineer. Its strong alright, but damn that recoil. :p

Also, i ended up doing the last 5 waves with just me and another engineer alone against Silver Cerberus. Was hardcore and we died at wave 10, but at least we hacked the thing, so we still got 30k credits. :p

Jafku

Niiice. If anyone up for some Phantom beating on Gold, add me
PSN: Elgar-I

I mostly play as Geth Inf, but lately was beasting as Human Soldier and Turian Soldier. Adrenaline Rush and Marksman are insanely powerful and very underrated abilities.
Sent you a request

Woo-Fu

Banned
This is my new fun loadout, I take this guy into silver and run around killing everything. 6/6/6/3/3 at the moment.

god_of_war2rvu1o.jpg

God damn Spectre packs, this shit is rigged. Claymore and Revenant still going up, so I thought I'd go back and get some veterans. Nothing but Drell Adept and Asari Vanguard.

Fuck this shit! Now I have to play more.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Why use Carnage and why use an assault rifle/handgun combo?

Carnage staggers Atlas, knocks down regular mobs so they can't shoot/close when i'm reloading the grenade launcher.

The carnifex is just for high armor targets/sniping.

The striker is for killing groups, shaking things out of cover. You can biotic charge into the group, then point the striker at the ground and hold the trigger down until they're all dead. Or you can just stay back and kill them from range with the striker. Or you can biotic charge, then heavy melee everything. Or you can sit back and headshot each one with the carnifex.

I guess the real answer to your question is this: BECAUSE IT IS FUN. I imagine a pure melee build with biotic charge would be more effective but I find melee builds boring. I've played this game enough so that having fun is more important than leading the scoreboard(which I usually do with this build anyhow).

On a side note, striker doesn't flake out like a falcon does when you're not host. The flip side is that there is a bug if you go straight from carnage to firing the striker---none of the striker rounds register---which is another reason I use carnage right before reloading the striker.

Is the accuracy of shooting the proximity mines glitched? I always seems to aim towards the right to actually shoot the mine right infront of my crosshairs. When aiming straight to a wall, the mine lands on the bottom left of my crosshairs. Is anyone getting this?

Squall516

Hey i havn't been able to play and beat any gold maps yet (mostly bc of the sucky randoms), so i was wondering if any experience gafers that play on the 360 would like to play and help me so i can get the pack for this weekends N7 challenge. My GT is Kakashi516, i am going on now to play so just shoot me a msg or something if you want to play ok. ^___^

Squall516

I'm online now if anyone wants to do play and do some gold to get the commendation pack. I could really use the help since i dont have much experience on gold. Like i said my GT is Kakashi516 so just send me a msg if you want to play :D

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Is the accuracy of shooting the proximity mines glitched? I always seems to aim towards the right to actually shoot the mine right infront of my crosshairs. When aiming straight to a wall, the mine lands on the bottom left of my crosshairs. Is anyone getting this?
I don't its a glitch as much as it is flat broken.

Aim at crowds or treat it like a shotgun.

Chocobro

Ugh, this dude only plays during objective waves. Avoid having termina33 in your game on the 360. I didn't run into this problem when searching for games, but when my cousin and I set up our own rooms, here they are.

Bisnic

The more i play my Justicar, the more i love her AOE Reave. :D And if im teamed up with other biotic classes, it makes for a lot of pretty explosions.

Nori Chan

uh we finished a gold game and no one survived the extraction

Are we getting the pack? Or am I going to have to sneak another gold game this weekend?

Squall516

Finally got a gold tonight with everyone surviving, only after about like 8 tries lol >_< At least now ill get my pack and i dont have to worry about it anymore lol

Bisnic

Finally got a gold tonight with everyone surviving, only after about like 8 tries lol >_< At least now ill get my pack and i dont have to worry about it anymore lol

Did you try with the popular Firebase White and Geth while camping that computer room in the corner?

Both times i tried doing that, my group beated it. Having a salarian engineer or 2 can really change a lot of things there. Hell, my whole group camped the extraction zone behind the small ship for nearly the full 2 mins while i kept summoning a decoy near the stairs to keep the zone safe. :lol

AB12

Did you try with the popular Firebase White and Geth while camping that computer room in the corner?

Both times i tried doing that, my group beated it. Having a salarian engineer or 2 can really change a lot of things there. Hell, my whole group camped the extraction zone behind the small ship for nearly the full 2 mins while i kept summoning a decoy near the stairs to keep the zone safe. :lol
We did this with 2 geth engineers and a salarian, it was too easy. But that is the only way we can beat gold, which gets boring fast, unless we are farming for credits. Wish I had more skills like some of the players on GAF. Silver is no longer challenging and gold is hard unless it against geth.

Veezy

que?
Carnage staggers Atlas, knocks down regular mobs so they can't shoot/close when i'm reloading the grenade launcher.

The carnifex is just for high armor targets/sniping.

The striker is for killing groups, shaking things out of cover. You can biotic charge into the group, then point the striker at the ground and hold the trigger down until they're all dead. Or you can just stay back and kill them from range with the striker. Or you can biotic charge, then heavy melee everything. Or you can sit back and headshot each one with the carnifex.

I guess the real answer to your question is this: BECAUSE IT IS FUN. I imagine a pure melee build with biotic charge would be more effective but I find melee builds boring. I've played this game enough so that having fun is more important than leading the scoreboard(which I usually do with this build anyhow).

On a side note, striker doesn't flake out like a falcon does when you're not host. The flip side is that there is a bug if you go straight from carnage to firing the striker---none of the striker rounds register---which is another reason I use carnage right before reloading the striker.

S'all love, yo. Just seeing your perspective on it.

Failed at 4 Gold games...damn its not easy. My first gold game i managed to finish about 3 weeks ago but today i failed everything.

Its either Infiltrator or Engineer i use....but really, this is difficult, im also running out of consumables so i need one of those jumbo equipment packs :/

Really love the equipment packs, no matter how ugly a gold run gets, as long as we clear, I can replenish my supplies and then some.

Cleared gold on condor and dagger for the first time just missing giant and reactor for the achievement.

If nothing else it seems like it was much easier to get gold matches that weren't just farming tonight. Obviously a higher emphasis on Cerberus matchups, but I think in general people are finally burned out on making the game boring for themselves.

Game started acting real stupid on me before. Was playing Gold against Cerberus on Hydra. Since I was using my Asari Adept it was my job to neutralize the Phantoms and set up easy kills with Stasis.

Anyway, we got up to Wave 9 and all of a sudden my biotics stopped working. Throw didn't produce a stagger and stasis didn't do shit. Anyway, we started getting wrecked by the Phantoms and I became somewhat of a liability but my team didn't realize so they continued to revive me.

Needless to say, we wiped

Dreamer RD

Just cleared 4 Gold games vs Cerberus on White. Damn, people became so retarded. They still camp in those fucking rooms like typical Geth farming. I stayed in the middle of the map near landing zone and really enjoyed when Phantoms killed those fucking cowards.

DY_nasty

Just cleared 4 Gold games vs Cerberus on White. Damn, people became so retarded. They still camp in those fucking rooms like typical Geth farming. I stayed in the middle of the map near landing zone and really enjoyed when Phantoms killed those fucking cowards.
Lol

That shit is strictly Geth... I remember we had some clowns try that vs reapers and they got their shit stirred.

Heres the situation:

When I load up the disc and im at the main menu, although I am connected to EA servers, it doesnt fully load the galaxy at war map. When I go into multiplayer and see the map, theres no text on it saying what each section of the map is and their percentage. Whenever I successfully complete a mission and head back to the main multiplayer menu, I never get there because the loading screen never finishes loading, forcing me to go the the XMB. When I go into multiplayer again, the credits and experience I gained from that one match are now gone because of me going into XMB. I cant even buy packs because it keeps saying "Please wait.." forever. Can anyone help me out with this?

EDIT: apparently there's some persona thing I have to check and I do have one. I registered ME3 as one of the games when I created the account, and still, the galaxy at war map does not show. I can see the galaxy at war map working fine on the site but not on the PS3... This bug is really annoying.

i still dont have an asari adept damnit.

Ive started building an asari vanguard to be used as a stasis/sniper. Im trying a lot of interesting new builds because nothing is really working for me now.

im thinking a ranged asari vanguard with stasis, headshot (or biotic explosion) from grenades and then the odd charge to fill up shields.

In order to make this work though i can only have one black widow and nothing else, so if someone comes close to me its not going to be the greatest.

DY_nasty

i still dont have an asari adept damnit.

Ive started building an asari vanguard to be used as a stasis/sniper. Im trying a lot of interesting new builds because nothing is really working for me now.

im thinking a ranged asari vanguard with stasis, headshot (or biotic explosion) from grenades and then the odd charge to fill up shields.

In order to make this work though i can only have one black widow and nothing else, so if someone comes close to me its not going to be the greatest.
I tried that build too. It doesn't work as well as it should... and Stasis > Lift Grenades don't trigger biotic explosions like their Cluster Grenade counterparts.

The sniper rifle simply adds too much weight. You can make something similar work with the Mattock or Sabre, but it works best with the Carnifex/Paladin.

Gazzawa

Some ideas that have been floating around my head for multiplayer
Hero Mode: Play as cast members from the story (voicework+unique abilities)
Random Mode: Random waves/mixed waves
Divided mode: 2 teams of 2 fighting off the larger enemies. like that mission to save the primarks son you can see turians opposite you shooting at the giant flying reaper bird thing

my ideas suck. shoot me

Some ideas that have been floating around my head for multiplayer
Hero Mode: Play as cast members from the story (voicework+unique abilities)
Random Mode: Random waves/mixed waves
Divided mode: 2 teams of 2 fighting off the larger enemies. like that mission to save the primarks son you can see turians opposite you shooting at the giant flying reaper bird thing

my ideas suck. shoot me

I want to play as Javik goddamit

I tried that build too. It doesn't work as well as it should... and Stasis > Lift Grenades don't trigger biotic explosions like their Cluster Grenade counterparts.

The sniper rifle simply adds too much weight. You can make something similar work with the Mattock or Sabre, but it works best with the Carnifex/Paladin.

I agree..i dont know WHY the lift grenades dont trigger biotics!

BTW - i got an asari Adept.

Is it best leaving throw on 0 or leaving the health/shields on zero.

I will be mainly using Stasis Bubble + Reave with Carnifex but im not sure im good enough to leave health on the default.

I dont see myself using throw when i can use stasis for the biotic explosions..

Bisnic

I will be mainly using Stasis Bubble + Reave with Carnifex but im not sure im good enough to leave health on the default.

Statis do not work on everything. When you fight a Banshee, Brute, Prime or Atlas, you will want Warp + Throw for biotic explosions.

Stasis doesn't work on targets that have armor, so every non-boss unit except Geth Pyros.

And contrary to stupid random beliefTM, Stasis doesn't slow bigger targets down.

Also, Stasis has a longer cooldown than Warp, and Throw is a nice panic power.

rozay

Banned

Throw is the shortest cooldown the adept has, and you need it to detonate warp against armored enemies that Stasis does jack shit against. Plus at a high enough level you can basically one shot grunts and husks much faster than you could stasis then headshot them. Just don't try to play the character like Rambo and you'll be fine with 0 fitness, also understanding the shield mechanic helps. You cannot be one-shot killed by anything projectile except grenades. As long as you have even a sliver of shields, that has to break before you can take health damage, and likewise with your health bar-if a blast from an atlas does more damage than you have health, your health will drop to a sliver and you have to get hit once more to die.

Bisnic

Is he any good?
I didnt download that because I feel bad at myself for downloading day 1 dlc

You're missing one of the best squadmate of the game. He adds a lot to the campaign. More than Zaeed and Kasumi combined.

Personally, i'd love seeing his assault rifle in multiplayer. Maybe in their next expansion patch.

Throw is the shortest cooldown the adept has, and you need it to detonate warp against armored enemies that Stasis does jack shit against. Plus at a high enough level you can basically one shot grunts and husks much faster than you could stasis then headshot them. Just don't try to play the character like Rambo and you'll be fine with 0 fitness, also understanding the shield mechanic helps. You cannot be one-shot killed by anything projectile except grenades. As long as you have even a sliver of shields, that has to break before you can take health damage, and likewise with your health bar-if a blast from an atlas does more damage than you have health, your health will drop to a sliver and you have to get hit once more to die.
Ah damn man. I went with zero throw. I use warp on brutes and atlases etc.

Edgeward

Wow, it seems like they upped the number of phantoms you see in a game because a Cerberus wave on gold is littered with them now. Have yet to get an extraction too. ;_;

Mindlog

Did they turn up the number of Phantoms on extraction?

On Gold/Cerberus/Dagger when extraction started 4 Phantoms were coming down the hallway like a flock of birds. A Cobra took care of that.

I played two matches with Salarian Infiltrator on GCD. On the second an N7 19 Krogan joined and no one voted to kick. People are being kind! That poor Krogan died frequently. At first it kept trying to be aggressive. The Krogan quickly learned to stick with the group. As long as people are trying that's OK with me. ~25 minutes later everything is dead and we extract. Only one Quarian was left behind.

In the last two matches I killed at least 15 Phantoms during the extract waves alone. That's a very conservative estimate.

Wow, it seems like they upped the number of phantoms you see in a game because a Cerberus wave on gold is littered with them now. Have yet to get an extraction too. ;_;
I forgot to refresh the tab before replying~ Yeah, this is what I noticed as well. I normally sill have 4 or 5 Cobras when extract comes around. Thanks to Jumbo Equipment Packs I don't mind using them.

Top Bottom