• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

What's a good weapon for an Asari Justicar? Been having quite a bit of success with one with 3 easy gold runs against Cerberus and the Geth along with nice scores on both.

So far I've used a Claymore VII (recharge is 54%), a Saber I (recharge is 73%) and a Talon I (recharge is 135% and damage was pretty lacklustre)

I took extra damage for the last point of Justicar, if assault rifles are the way to go I can respec and take that.

Also, my luck seems to have changed today since I've been unlocking new shit left and right. Got the Saber, Talon, Striker, Tempest, Disciple and the Falcon!

The two N7s I got back to back feelsgoodman.jpg

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
What's a good weapon for an Asari Justicar? Been having quite a bit of success with one with 3 easy gold runs against Cerberus and the Geth along with nice scores on both.

So far I've used a Claymore VII (recharge is 54%), a Saber I (recharge is 73%) and a Talon I (recharge is 135% and damage was pretty lacklustre)

I took extra damage for the last point of Justicar, if assault rifles are the way to go I can respec and take that.

Also, my luck seems to have changed today since I've been unlocking new shit left and right. Got the Sabre, Talon, Striker, Tempest, Disciple and the Falcon!

I stick with the Hurricane.

Spam Reave all day erryday

But I like Assault Rifles with it. With the right set up, Justicars are pretty much a stand alone turret.

Dreamer RD

Why don't you charge before going into stealth? Also, why do you leave the help stuff on, shit drives me nuts, lol.

I really hate that everyone is so hell bent on cheesing on that map.

You watched vid? I charged at the start of 2 wave already. Charge is not always neccessary anyway. Which help stuff?

Kenaras

My anecdote, but I don't find the high caliber barrel to be much use on the Tempest, even at level V. The difference is minimal at best. I find it much better to put both ammo mods on (Magazine Upgrade and Heat Sink), it's like an endless clip. You can shoot that thing forever before it reloads.

Mathematically, the High Caliber Barrel is a much higher DPS increase than either the Magazine Upgrade or the Heat Sink. The Tempest has a large clip by default, and a reasonably fast reload speed.

UrgentPS

Neo Member
Getting kicked based on N7 level alone is so frustrating. I've been leading a lot of silver matches with my lvl 20 salarian engineer, just to get kicked from every Gold match I try to join :(

Getting kicked based on N7 level alone is so frustrating. I've been leading a lot of silver matches with my lvl 20 salarian engineer, just to get kicked from every Gold match I try to join :(

dude it sucks but i see their point. Seriously, when its a low level vanguard on silver/gold you know all that is going to happen is ROAR! ROAR! ROAR! *player is down* and you will have to come get them every time.

Also, they will run off and leave everyone behind, teleporting ahead, then you have to bail their arse out.

It also means at that level you wont have good equipment (usually)

While not everyone's skill should be based on their N7 level, i do see why some people dont take chances on a gold run.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You could always do Geth White runs to rank up your other characters.

The prestiege/n7 rank is, in hindsight, a really bad idea because it doesn't indicate anything about the player.

You could always do Geth White runs to rank up your other characters.

The prestiege/n7 rank is, in hindsight, a really bad idea because it doesn't indicate anything about the player.

yes it does. It shows that they have played a lot of multiplayer games or promoted a lot of characters.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
yes it does. It shows that they have played a lot of multiplayer games or promoted a lot of characters.
I played a lot of games and I stayed at 120 or whatever for a long time because I didn't want to start over. If you just want to play one class, you could potentially just be N7 level 20 and have as much experience as someone who is N7 4000 or whatever.

Now, if they showed a clock under your name that showed your actual in-game playtime or your "win-loss" ratio, then maybe that would be more useful information.
(Or maybe the total number of credits earned/spent).

Replicant

I played a lot of games and I stayed at 120 or whatever for a long time because I didn't want to start over. If you just want to play one class, you could potentially just be N7 level 20 and have as much experience as someone who is N7 4000 or whatever.

Now, if they showed a clock under your name that showed your actual in-game playtime or your "win-loss" ratio, then maybe that would be more useful information.

I'm level 200 and I got kicked out just because most of the players are level 500 and 1240 something. To me, all that level means that you have way too much time on your hands, randoms. It doesn't mean that you're actually a better player than I am.

Thats not true. Dont you go up each time you finish a run up to a certain level?

Im 160 now and its still going up each time i finish something and i havent promoted anyone in ages (and i wont bother too from now on)

umm, is the Geth Pulse Rifle supposed to be completely useless? was using it with my Batarian Sentinel against reapers, and it did almost zero damage. i kept shooting at a ravager for what felt like 15-20 seconds and it had NO effect on it. could only kill cannibals which also took forever. basically all i got was assists, because it was so incredibly slow to cause any damage..

wtf?

i switched to Mattock IV and for the next match and they went down much faster.

One of the worst weapons in the game. It is hilarious that it is in Rares section.

hah, ok then. won't be using it ever again. i seriously thought it was bugged or something, because it felt like it did absolutely nothing. good thing i was a Batarian though, one-shotting Marauders with the badass melee move helped the team quite a lot at certain moments heh.

Replicant

I didn't realize how easy White Geth Gold actually is. But now after playing so many sessions and winning over and over, I'm kind of lazy playing anything else. If you get the right randoms squad (basically anyone over N7 level 100 + character (no Krogan/Vanguard) level 15+ should usually be okay), it's pretty much easy money all the way. I rarely die if ever in comparison to playing Silver. The amount of time I save and money I earn by playing it is just ridiculous.

I didn't like Geth Pulse Rifle at first. But after a while, I understand how to use it properly. It has high bullet capacity and fire rate so it can actually hold enemies back quite easily just by rapid firing the weapon. I simply mod it with Assault Rifle Precision Scope V and Assault Rifle Extended Barrel II, which will give it extra damage and accuracy (as in very accurate and you can zoom in very closely). If you use it with Geth Engineers, you can throw your fire turret at an enemy and use the rifle to stop them right on the track. It's an extremely fast way to kill Phantoms if you don't have Asari's stasis or Batarian's net.

Gazzawa

^
I recommend just warming up on white geth gold. then move onto another easy map like hydra. Don't geth farm too much or you will spoil your reward.

milkham

Thats not true. Dont you go up each time you finish a run up to a certain level?

Im 160 now and its still going up each time i finish something and i havent promoted anyone in ages (and i wont bother too from now on)

I think you're still going up without promoting because you're getting character cards in your spectre packs which are leveling up the characters that you don't have max level. your N7 only goes up when one of the classes gains a level or you promote.

Woo-Fu

Banned

I'm not interested in playing with people who only want to play one class. It just means their understanding of how other classes work is going to be lacking. I also prefer to play with multi-classed people so we can switch classes each match to keep it interesting.

On top of that, if you're the one playing the salarian engineer you might as well host your own matches.

rozay

Banned

Also, my luck seems to have changed today since I've been unlocking new shit left and right. Got the Saber, Talon, Striker, Tempest, Disciple and the Falcon!

I use a vindicator on Silver matches with a stability dampener, it has 200% recharge (might be 180-190 without the assault rifle weight bonus, but I have a level 10 one) and it works out pretty well. Gun doesn't do crazy damage but with stacked reave things die quick and it's pretty fun to use. Haven't tried the class on gold, but I think it'll need a more powerful weapon. I saw someone get good results with a graal the other day.

I think I have 150% or more cooldown bonus with a revenant now, I should see how that goes hahaha

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I use a vindicator on Silver matches with a stability dampener, it has 200% recharge (might be 180-190 without the assault rifle weight bonus, but I have a level 10 one) and it works out pretty well. Gun doesn't do crazy damage but with stacked reave things die quick and it's pretty fun to use. Haven't tried the class on gold, but I think it'll need a more powerful weapon. I saw someone get good results with a graal the other day.

I use a Mattock personally, even without a stability damper, the recoil isnt too bad since its more like a semi-automatic rifle, so i can use other mods, and the damage is decent. And with the assault rifle reduced weight talent, i'm at like 186% with a rank VI so i can spam Reaves between each shots.

Geth SMG is awesome.

Packs are way too random, is there no check if there is stuff missing? I still have to get 3 from the old characters and all I get is Human adepts.

I see a lot of people throwing heavier weapons on the Justicar, but to me it seems that the same philosophy applies for her as any caster, you want that max recharge, especially since it lets you stack so many reaves on stuff with her duration bonuses. I use a Carnifex IX which gets me there, I also tried the Disciple VI, but the lack of ranged damage was kind of annoying. If you really want to put a heavier weapon on, I'd go for a falcon with cryo ammo for added crowd control or something like that.

That being said, she is definitely extremely tanky, so I can see the merit in the other approach. But having 3 or 4 reaves up at once is too good to pass up.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm not interested in playing with people who only want to play one class. It just means their understanding of how other classes work is going to be lacking. I also prefer to play with multi-classed people so we can switch classes each match to keep it interesting.

On top of that, if you're the one playing the salarian engineer you might as well host your own matches.
It doesn't matter if you can boot the host.

Also, as some random guy on XBL pointed out - since you can theoretically buy your rank buy spamming packs and getting character cards, the number is potentially not even an accurate indicator of skill or experience.

It doesn't seem to be using the N7 ranks for matchmaking either so all it does it let people pile on other people they think don't know how to play the game.

Commodore

Finally got the Krogan Battlemaster. I'm ready to spam that melee.

Bah! I still haven't unlocked the Asari Adept, Salarian Infiltrator, and Battlemaster. Asari Adept and Salarian Infiltrator both are considered two of the best all around, missing them sorely. But Battlemaster? I just want to go knock some fools around sometimes and he seems like the best of the melee classes.

damn 4 games in a row on gold and we couldnt manage to do it. so depressing!

ive realised the asari adept is the perfect class for this however.

Edgeward

Bah! I still haven't unlocked the Asari Adept, Salarian Infiltrator, and Battlemaster. Asari Adept and Salarian Infiltrator both are considered two of the best all around, missing them sorely. But Battlemaster? I just want to go knock some fools around sometimes and he seems like the best of the melee classes.

Yes, my most wanted is actually the Asari adept. I play adept mostly so getting the best one is a priority and wish of mine.

Yes, my most wanted is actually the Asari adept. I play adept mostly so getting the best one is a priority and wish of mine.

i got 2 on the weekend using spectre packs. its the best class in the game bar none.

With Carnifex its amazing. You can stasis groups of people and take out an entire atlus by yourself with warp + throw.

the stasis bubble is really helpful for nemesis and phantoms.

i went 6/6/6/5/3 on the end. Didnt have the balls to do 6/6/6/6/0

I'm really surprised at how much I'm enjoying this multiplayer. It's just a basic and repetitive hoard mode but somehow I keep getting sucked into playing it for hours. The card pack system probably triggers the same part of my brain that once made me want to collect every Pokemon card even though I didn't play the game...

Cant progress in multiplayer because my galaxy at war map isnt loading. Went through their entire troubleshooting guide and I still cant play. Ridiculous.

Kenaras

hah, ok then. won't be using it ever again. i seriously thought it was bugged or something, because it felt like it did absolutely nothing. good thing i was a Batarian though, one-shotting Marauders with the badass melee move helped the team quite a lot at certain moments heh.

A Geth Pulse Rifle I deals 24.1 damage per shot. Armored enemies like the Ravager reduce damage taken per shot by 30 on Silver and 50 on Gold; you do the math. This is why slow-firing, high-damage-per-shot weapons are generally considered best: armor completely screws over rapid-fire weapons, but such weapons have no real benefit against shields/barriers the way they did in Mass Effect 2. The help screens in Mass Effect 3 might lead you to believe otherwise, but they're lying to you.

Against unarmored enemies, the GPR isn't all bad. The damage is a bit weak, but it is extremely accurate, has near-zero recoil, and doesn't weigh much. If you can reliably headshot with it, you can make it work.

I think I have 150% or more cooldown bonus with a revenant now, I should see how that goes hahaha

A Vindicator X on an Asari Justicar has +200% power recharge without the assault rifle weight reduction. If you're not carrying a second weapon, your weight reduction is going unused.

sophora

No luck on Gold missions here, my teams keep barely making it through every wave. I guess it doesn't help that I don't have N7 weapons or a Carnifex. Guess no commendation pack for me :/

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Well, i did my part this weekend for killing Phantoms.

Hopefully we reach that 3 millions mark. :p

Woo-Fu

Banned
It doesn't matter if you can boot the host.

Also, as some random guy on XBL pointed out - since you can theoretically buy your rank buy spamming packs and getting character cards, the number is potentially not even an accurate indicator of skill or experience.

It doesn't seem to be using the N7 ranks for matchmaking either so all it does it let people pile on other people they think don't know how to play the game.

I think you'll find that there are very, very, very few people who have attained high N7 rank by ONLY spending real money on packs. I'd be willing to bet that the figure is very close to zero when it comes to people over 500 N7 level. There is no point in being that level if you're not also going to play a lot.

Why would it use n7 rank for co-op matchmaking? You're compstomping, not PvP, you pick the skill level you want to play at, if the people you get matched with consistently disagree with your choice perhaps you need to revise your choice?

Lastly, I call bullshit on being kicked as host of a white gold geth match playing a lvl 20 salarian engineer. Ignoring the fact that kicking the host is self-defeating if your intention is to actually play the game, kicking the MVP of the main white gold geth strat is silly.

If all else fails just get 3 GAFfers to play with you. :)

ScrubJay

Is that still viable even after Decoy nerfs?

I've been busy and I might be able to squeeze some time to whore out soon.

You don't even need a salarian engineer so long as everyone knows what they're doing. I just played one where the only engineer was a Geth and the only form of crowd control was Sabotage (it does work exceedingly well when you sabotage a pyro in the middle of a pack).

You just need to compensate with a ton of damage dealing.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is that still viable even after Decoy nerfs?

I've been busy and I might be able to squeeze some time to whore out soon.
I haven't played in a week. How hard did they get nerfed?

You don't even need a salarian engineer so long as everyone knows what they're doing. I just played one where the only engineer was a Geth and the only form of crowd control was Sabotage (it does work exceedingly well when you sabotage a pyro in the middle of a pack).

You just need to compensate with a ton of damage dealing.
When I did it yesterday the same old strategy seemed to be fine. Snipers to own the primes and people with overload to stun the crap out of everyone.

I think you'll find that there are very, very, very few people who have attained high N7 rank by ONLY spending real money on packs. I'd be willing to bet that the figure is very close to zero when it comes to people over 500 N7 level. There is no point in being that level if you're not also going to play a lot.

Why would it use n7 rank for co-op matchmaking? You're compstomping, not PvP, you pick the skill level you want to play at, if the people you get matched with consistently disagree with your choice perhaps you need to revise your choice?

Lastly, I call bullshit on being kicked as host of a white gold geth match playing a lvl 20 salarian engineer. Ignoring the fact that kicking the host is self-defeating if your intention is to actually play the game, kicking the MVP of the main white gold geth strat is silly.

If all else fails just get 3 GAFfers to play with you. :)
Well, if that guy wants to raise the rank of his other characters, he has no option but to give up the Salarian engineer for someone else.

I only assume that it's using N7 rank for matchmaking since I only see people in the 200s or above nowadays. I only see lower rank people when I get into a private game/game with friends.

I just think it's one of those things that shouldn't be so boldly advertised because it makes people prejudiced against you immediately. But of course, playing private games would be a perfect solution to that problem. lol

Top Bottom