• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I find shotgun geth infiltrator does really really well on Gold Geth White. You can pretty much one shot anything that comes close to your desk and if it gets too close you can do the grab. Proximity mine is amazing when there's geth bunched up and it's great for getting bonus damage on the primes. Cloak lets you avoid a lot of fire and you can go replenish ammo without any risk. Plus you're pretty necessary to doing the objective challenges too.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's still easy as hell without a decoy. Well as long as your team aren't full of morons.
You don't even need a salarian engineer so long as everyone knows what they're doing. I just played one where the only engineer was a Geth and the only form of crowd control was Sabotage (it does work exceedingly well when you sabotage a pyro in the middle of a pack).

You just need to compensate with a ton of damage dealing.
Yeah wow. I just did it with 3 other Geth Infiltrators/Engineers. They told me to go Geth so I went Infiltrator but they were all spec'd for melee and ran GPS. So there I was this lone Infiltrator with my Valiant running around reviving fools inbetween trying to close-range snipe people. It was surprisingly doable. Definitely exhilarating. Haven't played this game in a while and that was still more fun than many of the games I've played before I took a bit of a break from this.

I haven't played in a week. How hard did they get nerfed?
They reduced the max number of enemies it distracts a while ago. Haven't really played much to see the difference.

sophora

Which version are you playing?

I'm on 360

Bite the bullet and do Gold Geth White. lol

Ended up doing that and got an awesome team. Played Sentinel and teamed with a vanguard lighting up the place. On the extraction wave I had a run through 3 Geth Primes in the stairways and barely made it to the extraction point by rolling and dodging through waves of missles. Got a full extraction too. So satisfying.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
]
They reduced the max number of enemies it distracts a while ago. Haven't really played much to see the difference.
Hrm, I haven't really noticed much of a difference myself. A Salarian infiltrator seems to be able to singlehandedly save a team anyway.

Ended up doing that and got an awesome team. Played Sentinel and teamed with a vanguard lighting up the place. On the extraction wave I had a run through 3 Geth Primes in the stairways and barely made it to the extraction point by rolling and dodging through waves of missles. Got a full extraction too. So satisfying.
Hah, nice.

Mindlog

I played a few games after the nerf. I really didn't notice any difference. Enemies tend to die before the 5 limit is reached.

Had a really fun game with my Salarian Infiltrator and a Geth Infiltrator on my team. We were racing each other for kills. In the end it beat me by a slim 400 points (we both had somewhere around 98k.) I fell behind during the extract wave when I got too aggressive soloing Phantoms and took a One Hit Kill. Other than that I've found that with my SI Cerberus on Gold is very easy. The area missions can get dicey, but that's it. I'm playing Gold with the same recklessness that I used to save for Bronze/Silver. I'm going to switch to aggressive melee/GPS Geth Infiltrator.

I'm still baffled by Proximity Mine's buff. Only more so after seeing it in action on Gold.

Was anyone smart enough to stock up on +1 item cards before they limited it to five? I can just imagine how amusing it would be with Jumbo Packs and carrying 10 Cobras into a game.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
I'm on 360

Sorry, wrong format for me.

Good to hear. I think I might stick with Gold from now on, I'm hooked.

Divvy

Sorry, wrong format for me.

Good to hear. I think I might stick with Gold from now on, I'm hooked.

Getting enough credits for a spectre pack after each round has kept me playing gold. I can't wait for the next premium spectre packs.

sophora

Getting enough credits for a spectre pack after each round has kept me playing gold. I can't wait for the next premium spectre packs.

I'll probably eventually make the leap to gold but silver is where I'm at just because of my lack of rare equipment, slowly making my way through the packs though. Hoping I get an N7 Eagle in my commendation pack.

Replicant

You don't even need a salarian engineer so long as everyone knows what they're doing. I just played one where the only engineer was a Geth and the only form of crowd control was Sabotage (it does work exceedingly well when you sabotage a pyro in the middle of a pack).

Ha ha, I often do that as a Quarian Infiltrator. Because my Sabotage level is maxed out, most of the time I even manage to turn a Prime's attention from us to the other prime and then I just grin all the way through because either my Prime beats the living shit out of smaller, weaker Geths or he'll get beaten by other Primes and other Geths. Either way, Win/Win situation for us and we'll just pick up whatever survivor left and blast the living shit out of them. So satisfying.

One thing you have to remember, however, is to not Sabotage a Geth that is meant to be your target during the "Kill so and so target" because if you do, there's a likelihood said Geth will wander off elsewhere seeking enemies to fight and you want him to come to the room of death.

Dreamer RD

Shit, PS3 community is full of fucking retarded Geth farmers. Another session on FB White vs Cerberus where I stay in the middle, while other 3 imbeciles camp in rooms below. Then I watch their deaths from grenades that troopers and centurions like to throw in cover. Then they left the game. What a fucking morons.

kharamasof
LettersScientist
Maddog8766

^ These worthless campers.

Grouped up with a guy who had a 2550 N7 rating. He had a Valiant and the top score on our team. Almost soloed a hacking wave until a Phantom stabbed him.

Kenaras

I'll probably eventually make the leap to gold but silver is where I'm at just because of my lack of rare equipment, slowly making my way through the packs though. Hoping I get an N7 Eagle in my commendation pack.

An Eagle? I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

Shit, PS3 community is full of fucking retarded Geth farmers. Another session on FB White vs Cerberus where I stay in the middle, while other 3 imbeciles camp in rooms below. Then I watch their deaths from grenades that troopers and centurions like to throw in cover. Then they left the game. What a fucking morons.

kharamasof
LettersScientist
Maddog8766

^ These worthless campers.

agreed. i hated the strategy. I much prefer taking the top position for snipers and the bottom position for stasis/warp to start biotic explosion chains.

Being cramped up in that room isnt cool.

Replicant

So, if I won 5 rounds of Gold (2 Cerberus, 3 Geths) last night, does that mean I get 5 commendation packs, Bioware? I sure can upgrade my GPS to level VI and above. And it'll be nice to complete my character collections. Come on, all that I haven't got yet are that stupid Drell Adept and Krogan Vanguard.

Also, how would we know if we hit the projected amount of Phantoms killed? Do we just go by what Bioware say? I'm pretty sure Bioware upped their numbers during extraction so hopefully we already hit that target. I want my Victory pack, dang it. I've done my fair share of killing Phantoms..... or rather, my Sentry Turret did the job of frying them crispy while I throw some GPS ammos at them.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Naw, doesn't stack Replicant. You'll get one.

And Bioware does have some kind of tracker regarding specific enemy kills.
I just unlocked the geth infiltrator, so wuts a really good build for him?
You can make a typical sniper class or you can make the godlike shotgun/cloak class.
5/6/6/6/3

Cloak - Damage Bonus (90% total); Recharge Speed

Cloak, spam, shoot, reload, hide, cloak, spam, shoot, reload, hide x forever
Proximity Mine - Damage OR Radius. Either is fine, you really want the next bit in the tree. Its only important if and when you take into account Tech Bursts and the like; Damage Taken (Increase damage dealt from all sources by 20% for 8 seconds); Damage (the recharge option isn't that big of a deal since you'll primarily be using the cloak timer over anything else)

All this is for is finishing off tech setups and softening targets. Its also the main thing keeping Phantoms from crawling into your ass. Just don't use it like an actual mine. Its a shitty ME1 grenade frisbee.

Hunter Mode - Weapon Accuracy OR Power Recharge. Can't go wrong with either; Power Damage; Damage.

You'll be looking at 25% damage bonus from this tree alone. Accuracy helps out a bit too. Tighten dat choke.

Network AI - Weapon damage; Headshot damage (this is big); Weapon Damage

22.5% weapon damage increase. Hit a weakspot while cloaked and it doesn't even matter how far away they are or if only a few pellets connect - they die. Line up eye level shots and with the Shredder Mod on you'll be looking at 3-4 kills per shot if you're hitting groups.

Robot Fitness - First 3.

My Claymore is only VIII. Rocking high caliber barrel V and Shredder Mod V

Dreamer RD

I think Batarian Sentinel Fitness tree is also broken. 95% from it + 40% from Blade armor + 25% from weapon and damage is still poor. Cant even kill Centurion of Phantom on gold.

Bazza

Started using my asari justicar this weekend, fucking love her. Been running round with a Paladin II, the recharge time on reave is pretty much nothing and iv been having fun setting up a biotic sphere's and drawing in enemy's in before hitting them with reave and setting off biotic explosions when pull and reave wasn't an option. Phantoms weren't all that troublesome on the gold matches i played either.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Started using my asari justicar this weekend, fucking love her. Been running round with a Paladin II, the recharge time on reave is pretty much nothing and iv been having fun setting up a biotic sphere's and drawing in enemy's in before hitting them with reave and setting off biotic explosions when pull and reave wasn't an option. Phantoms weren't all that troublesome on the gold matches i played either.
They're not gimped for Gold at all. Bubble makes every chokepoint that much deadlier and it annihilates boss enemies.

Bazza

I thought i liked my Carniflex X but even at L2 the paladin is much more fun even with the extra weight, I think i would trade my GPS, Claymore and Widow X guns for a Paladin X if i could.

I thought i liked my Carniflex X but even at L2 the paladin is much more fun even with the extra weight, I think i would trade my GPS, Claymore and Widow X guns for a Paladin X if i could.

I really would like a paladin but i havent got one yet. Are these from the spectre packs?

The only guns i use now are:

Black Widow 1
Carnifex IV
Geth SMG V

or combinations of others.

Really want a Carnifex X or a low level paladin.

Bazza

yea i got mine in a spectre pack, i brought 4 over the weekend 1st had the Paladin I then 2 packs with bugger all in and i got the Paladin II in the 4th. probably wont get another for another 20 packs now.

yea i got mine in a spectre pack, i brought 4 over the weekend 1st had the Paladin I then 2 packs with bugger all in and i got the Paladin II in the 4th. probably wont get another for another 20 packs now.

cheers mate. would love that. All i seem to be getting are Kishock Harpoon guns! so annoying!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I really hate the random cards sometimes, i STILL have a Carnifex I, a Widow I and no Geth classes, but i keep getting fucking Arc Pistol up to VI and other shit guns.

Bazza

I must just have alot of luck, after the expansion came out i brought about 6 spectre packs (before the pack that guaranteed one of the new classes came out) and i got all the new characters excluding the krogan battlemaster, but i got that a few days later when the special packs for the DLC came out.

Replicant

WTF Bioware? We had one unkillable Geth (ie. No matter what his health won't decrease) AND THEN, he hide himself inside a wall and couldn't come out of it, practically made it impossible for us to see/kill him. This game is such a buggy shit.

sophora

WTF Bioware? We had one unkillable Geth (ie. No matter what his health won't decrease) AND THEN, he hide himself inside a wall and couldn't come out of it, practically made it impossible for us to see/kill him. This game is such a buggy shit.

Yeah...I was doing a silver run and we couldn't find any enemies for 10 minutes. Turns out a centurion and trooper were frozen mid air when they were supposed to be landing, so no last enemy to let us know where they were at.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Yeah...I was doing a silver run and we couldn't find any enemies for 10 minutes. Turns out a centurion and trooper were frozen mid air when they were supposed to be landing, so no last enemy to let us know where they were at.

Something similar happened to me last week. :p Was it inside that nuclear base? Forgot the name. The only reason i found them was because of the Nemesis distinct noise getting closer and closer until i looked up.

I really wonder why they still havent released a big multiplayer fix patch. I know they said something about Microsoft and Sony having to do some of their own tests before they're autorized to release it, but why is it taking so long?

Replicant

God. Damn. It.

I just had a session that proves how N7 Level 500 and above (one actually had level 1250 or something) means JACKSHIT if you don't know how to play properly. How is it possible that someone at that level can't even keep him/herself alive in White Geth Gold mission? It's the fucking easiest mission on Gold and they kept dying over and over again. After 5 waves of reviving them again and again, I got fed up and just left the game. Fucking useless.

What is it with tonight with useless high level players and fucking bugs all over the place?

Divvy

Sometimes when this happens the only thing that will hit them is an AoE attack. Prox mine, geth/asari heavy melee, etc...

Loving the N7 Valiant. Pretty much beasting with it and Salarian Infiltrator. It's a great setup for kills, reviving and doing objectives - regularly giving scores in the 90-100 k range. I think I've won 30 Gold games straight. And I'm not particularly good. The N7 rating being a representation (laughably) of skill in the minds of some is annoying. You can pretty much regularly carry (and constantly revive) a team of 400, 500 and 900s but then get booted out of a lobby by a bunch of 200s because 'he's barely over 100 so he's going to be shit'.

We had this. But then I told my teammates I would quit since I was host and it would reset the wave and they could invite me back in. So that worked out fine. Annoying though.

Dreamer RD

God. Damn. It.
I just had a session that proves how N7 Level 500 and above (one actually had level 1250 or something) means JACKSHIT if you don't know how to play properly. How is it possible that someone at that level can't even keep him/herself alive in White Geth Gold mission?

N7 means nothing. And on top of the leaderboards are lowlife nerds, glitchers and AFK's. The worst thing about the game is that you dont need skill to clear game/earn high rating. You can simply buy or glitch it with a well known 10 wave shit. That's why there are so many brainless kids in sessions.

Loving the N7 Valiant. Pretty much beasting with it and Salarian Infiltrator. It's a great setup for kills, reviving and doing objectives - regularly giving scores in the 90-100 k range. I think I've won 30 Gold games straight. And I'm not particularly good. The N7 rating being a representation (laughably) of skill in the minds of some is annoying. You can pretty much regularly carry (and constantly revive) a team of 400, 500 and 900s but then get booted out of a lobby by a bunch of 200s because 'he's barely over 100 so he's going to be shit'.

We had this. But then I told my teammates I would quit since I was host and it would reset the wave and they could invite me back in. So that worked out fine. Annoying though.

I look forward getting a Valiant in MP. In SP, it never gave a chance to other rifles.

rozay

Banned
Any gold viable human soldier builds? Probably won't be playing on that level, I just unlocked a Saber in a spectre pack and want to fuck around with it hahaha

Any gold viable human soldier builds? Probably won't be playing on that level, I just unlocked a Saber in a spectre pack and want to fuck around with it hahaha

Adrenaline rush with shield boost. Skip grenade : go for full health/shield fitness. Aliance training for weight reduction : spam concussive shot like there's no tomorrow

Woo-Fu

Banned

If you're host use a falcon with cry rounds. :) I've seen soldier hosts lead the scoreboard in white gold geth, somehow.

rozay

Banned
If you're host use a falcon with cry rounds. :) I've seen soldier hosts lead the scoreboard in white gold geth, somehow.
I'm bored to death of geth gold, but maybe I'll try it with this build (unless I get kicked out repeatedly hahaha)

Hm really skip grenade? I know they are kinda squishy but would 3 in grenade, 5 in fitness be a big difference in survivability since they have the shield boost?

Also is duration not a good pick in the AR tree so I can get the shield boost more often?
What advantages does being host have?
falcon shoots blanks without a good connection, so host is the best way to use the gun.

Maybe it's the extraction objective's effect, but Gold is filled with insanely low N7 players with low equipement. I joined a gold lobby with a N7 20, level 8 krogan vanguard and a Katana II. Same shit with the asari vanguard and the human soldier in the lobby.

I change lobby, find something similar... WTF

sophora

Maybe it's the extraction objective's effect, but Gold is filled with insanely low N7 players with low equipement. I joined a gold lobby with a N7 20, level 8 krogan vanguard and a Katana II. Same shit with the asari vanguard and the human soldier in the lobby.

Yeah, happened a few times when I was trying gold. Booted them but lowest I've been seeing on gold this weekend was level 1-8, some didn't even have any equipment on and had ready primed...

disconnected from ea server at wave 10 on a gold. No way im doing that again. used my missiles, med gel plus other consumables. zero cash taken as a result.

they REALLY need to fix this shit the sheer amount of bugs are becoming unbearable. thats basically 35 mins wasted for absolutely nothing.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I'd do just the opposite, ignore concussive shot, max grenades, adrenaline rush, and any passive damage boosts.

Shields and HP aren't that important as you're not supposed to be getting hit in the first place. :) Falcon with cryo disables entire groups and you're going to be firing from cover.

Only one grenade per crate on gold but you've got 3 close crates and are most likely going to be the only person using grenades.

Back up the falcon with a sidearm of some type. I'd probably go with a carnifex and use it to headshot solo targets and primes.

Cat Party

They probably never changed their challenge level from the default "unknown".

1 Shot Phantoms on Gold with Geth Infiltrator ->

Must have/equip:

- Cloak specc'd for max damage/firing additional power
- Prox Mine specc'd at least to level 5 with 20% damage debuff
- Max out geth weapon damage
- Equip Geth Plasma Shotty

As Phantom comes near, do the following:

1. Prime the shotgun with your trigger
2. Cloak
3. Fire the Prox Mine at her feet
4. Wait for the mine to explode, and fire the fully charged Plasma Shotty blast at her
5. Boom, instant dead Phantom.

Sooooo overpowered.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Or you could just use a claymore and not have to bother with the charging of the gps or speccing for increased geth weapon damage.

Top Bottom