• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Mindlog

I really wish we could have multiple builds. I want a Salarian Proxy Valiant Infiltrator. I've been messing around with the Valiant II. It's the king of trash pickup, but with the Widow I'm deadly and effective against everything. (Steven Seagal.)

Extraction Wave bonus credits need to be:
Bronze (+1,000)
Silver (+2,000)
Gold (+5,000)

Personal credits. Not team dependent.

rozay

Banned
I really wish we could have multiple builds. I want a Salarian Proxy Valiant Infiltrator. I've been messing around with the Valiant II. It's the king of trash pickup, but with the Widow I'm deadly and effective against everything. (Steven Seagal.)

Extraction Wave bonus credits need to be:
Bronze (+1,000)
Silver (+2,000)
Gold (+5,000)

Personal credits. Not team dependent.
I feel like doing that would cause people to not work as a team to survive extraction and just keep themselves alive and run in at the very end (especially with asshole infiltrators)

Gui_PT

I like it when I'm doing gold runs and we get an objective wave to capture those 4 different points and the only infiltrator with INVISIBILITY won't try to capture those just so he can get kills

I don't like it, I hate it

Havok

I like it when I'm doing gold runs and we get an objective wave to capture those 4 different points and the only infiltrator with INVISIBILITY won't try to capture those just so he can get kills

I don't like it, I hate it
I like it when I, as an infiltrator, go to capture the 4 points and 2/3 of the remaining guys on my team follow me, drawing every enemy up with them and letting the smart person who stayed away die.

copy of your spoiler text goes here

Squall516

Awesome just opened my commendation pack or w.e from the operation silencer weekend event and I got a Valiant! ^_^ so now i have that and the saber. Both beastly :)

Gui_PT

I like it when I, as an infiltrator, go to capture the 4 points and 2/3 of the remaining guys on my team follow me, drawing every enemy up with them and letting the smart person who stayed away die.

copy of your spoiler text goes here

This too.

Hey everyone, let's bring all the enemies to the capture point where our teammate is trying to be stealthy!

I've gotten more Ultra Rare drops than ever before in the past week.

This weekend alone I got 3 UR drops from ~10-11 packs. That's a high chance. I feel like they bumped up the drop rate - and I saw on the Bioware Forums others seem to be having similar luck.

Just as a heads up I got:

Paladin III - Friday
Indra V - Sunday
Scorpion II - Sunday

In the past week I got the stupid Indra 5 times. Blegh.

Mindlog

I'm not taking that bait. Will continue patiently waiting for DLC.
I feel like doing that would cause people to not work as a team to survive extraction and just keep themselves alive and run in at the very end (especially with asshole infiltrators)
As a frequent Infiltrator I see no problem with that.

I'm not taking that bait. Will continue patiently waiting for DLC.

I'm thinking we will see a trailer today.
hoping, really

Also, listening to the OST (had no idea I could download it as an owner of the Collector's edition until recently), there are some pretty meaty tracks on here that really deserve more credit I feel.

Start listening at 1:10, this is from Sur'Kesh (Salarian Homeworld)... really amazing stuff.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esepVWw9O6g

Cat Party

I've gotten more Ultra Rare drops than ever before in the past week.

This weekend alone I got 3 UR drops from ~10-11 packs. That's a high chance. I feel like they bumped up the drop rate - and I saw on the Bioware Forums others seem to be having similar luck.

Just as a heads up I got:

Paladin III - Friday
Indra V - Sunday
Scorpion II - Sunday

In the past week I got the stupid Indra 5 times. Blegh.

I got the Talon, Saber, and Scorpion all within the last week, and they were my first ultra rares. So I think they did up the drop rate.

X-Frame

I'm thinking we will see a trailer today.
hoping, really

Also, listening to the OST (had no idea I could download it as an owner of the Collector's edition until recently), there are some pretty meaty tracks on here that really deserve more credit I feel.

Start listening at 1:10, this is from Sur'Kesh (Salarian Homeworld)... really amazing stuff.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esepVWw9O6g

I think a trailer this week at the very least, not sure about on a Monday. Maybe Thursday which is when I believe the last DLC trailer was released ..

I think a trailer this week at the very least, not sure about on a Monday. Maybe Thursday which is when I believe the last DLC trailer was released ..

I checked and the resurgence dlc was announce on April 6th, that was a Friday.

I'm thinking if they plan to release the dlc this week it will be announced with this weeks N7 challenge.

Is carnifex an ultra rare or gold drop? I cant get it above IV right now....

Should i be getting spectre or premium specture packs to get carnifex or a paladin?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I hope they're not gonna release new multiplayer content this soon, i dont want more weapons or classes making my objective of getting Carnifex X and Claymore X even more longer to get. They're still only III and IV...

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I hope they're not gonna release new multiplayer content this soon, i dont want more weapons or classes making my objective of getting Carnifex X and Claymore X even more longer to get. They're still only III and IV...
They better do something. My D3 addiction is winning.

Cat Party

Is carnifex an ultra rare or gold drop? I cant get it above IV right now....

Should i be getting spectre or premium specture packs to get carnifex or a paladin?

Premium Spectre gives you at least two golds for 99,000. Regular Spectre gives you at least one gold for 60,000. If you are looking for golds, the Premium is obviously better, since it would cost 120,000 to get two golds out of regular Spectre packs.

But the side effect is you don't get much equipment.

I'd like to just spam some gold match and have a 5+ million credit pool before new dlc arrive but D3 is sucking all my time. Also, i don't feel that motivated anymore with ME3 mp

Lucky for me I have a few friends like myself who weren't interested in D3 (too much point and click for me), so we keep raging on. I can't ever let my credits pool get over 300,000 without wanting to spend it all. It's disgusting.

Bisnic

Premium Spectre gives you at least two golds for 99,000. Regular Spectre gives you at least one gold for 60,000. If you are looking for golds, the Premium is obviously better, since it would cost 120,000 to get two golds out of regular Spectre packs.

But the side effect is you don't get much equipment.

Since i mostly do Silvers only(no way im going to do Gold with randoms and Geth Gold White gets boring FAST), i just buy the Spectre packs. I need to win 2 Silver matchs for 60k credits and 4 wins for the Premium Spectre packs, and i get the same amount of equipment for 99k than with 60k...so i go with Spectre.

Mindlog

Gold is not as challenging as it once was. I tried to drag a team of low-level players through it over the weekend. It was fun, but we failed on wave 10. I did not care because we already got the credits. I'm sitting on ~4 million. Tempted to promote all of my characters before I start buying packs again, but I kind of like having a relatively low N7 rating.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 22, 2012
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Batarian Sentinel
- Starting encumbrance capacity increased from 30% to 45%

Submission Net Power
- Base cooldown decreased from 10 to 8 seconds
- Base hold duration increased from 4 to 6 seconds

Sentry Turret Power
- Base turret damage increased from 30 to 40
- Evolution 5 rocket damage increased from 250 to 300

Tech Armor Power
- Base damage protection increased from 25% to 35%
- Base encumbrance penalty decreased from 60% to 50%
- Evolution 3 power damage bonus increased from 20% to 30%
- Evolution 4 melee damage bonus increased from 30% to 40%
I can use a Human Sentinel on Gold without any equipment. Weird to get more Tech Armor buffs.

Since i mostly do Silvers only(no way im going to do Gold with randoms and Geth Gold White gets boring FAST), i just buy the Spectre packs. I need to win 2 Silver matchs for 60k credits and 4 wins for the Premium Spectre packs, and i get the same amount of equipment for 99k than with 60k...so i go with Spectre.

Farming GGW makes you become highly proficient in doing gold viably. The more practice you get there, the better off you'll become. It's how I am able now to do Random/Random/Gold with little problems, so long as I have at least 1 person I can rely on. I use almost all 5 of my rockets against Reaper Gold though... lol.

Playing Gold is the best time/credit ratio really.

Xevren

Gold is not as challenging as it once was. I tried to drag a team of low-level players through it over the weekend. It was fun, but we failed on wave 10. I did not care because we already got the credits. I'm sitting on ~4 million. Tempted to promote all of my characters before I start buying packs again, but I kind of like having a relatively low N7 rating.

I can use a Human Sentinel on Gold without any equipment. Weird to get more Tech Armor buffs.

Crazy, always felt Human Sents were great to set off detonations with throw and now they're even better.

Dave_6

I need to redo (or just promote) my Asari Adept. The 6/6/6/6/0 build is just too damn squishy IMO. Powerful yes, but just cannot take a shot on Gold without going down.

Cat Party

I need to redo (or just promote) my Asari Adept. The 6/6/6/6/0 build is just too damn squishy IMO. Powerful yes, but just cannot take a shot on Gold without going down.

Definitely go with 6/6/6/5/3. Still squishy, but the extra 25% health and shield matters a lot. It's often the difference between life and death.

rozay

Banned
It's impossible to get killed in a single shot though-you can take 2 shots on gold without going down-your shields will break on the first shot, health will hit a fraction on the second shot, and the third will kill you, but as long as your health moves above the fraction or your shields regenerate you can take hits again. I feel like learning how to not die as a glass cannon helped me play better.

If you have high enough cooldowns with a carnifex or your weapon of choice, 6/6/6/5/3 is an equally good choice though.

Dave_6

Well yes it's definitely not a one shot death but that's what it feels like. Too bad my Carnifex is only a III so I may have to try using the Phalanx with the 6/6/6/5/3 build.

I used my Indra V yesterday for the first time (lol).

The gun does some serious DoT. I got 1st place in each of my matches, even against Shotty Geth Infiltrators.

Make sure you're using Geth Infiltrator with the Hunter mode Fire Rate increase, and the Prox mine specc'd for Damage buff. It's Beastly.

Cat Party

Well yes it's definitely not a one shot death but that's what it feels like. Too bad my Carnifex is only a III so I may have to try using the Phalanx with the 6/6/6/5/3 build.

That's what I use. I fire maybe 25 rounds in an entire match, so it doesn't really matter. I have a Carni III and I think you get +172% cooldown with 6/6/6/5/3, so it's still doable if you prefer it.

Bisnic

The problem with biotic explosions with adepts is that Energy Drain and/or Overload cancel the Warp effect.

So I'm like :

"Okay, send Warp, wait for 3 secs then use Throw for biotic explosions! Sound easy & fun!"
Me : *Warp*
Salarian player: Energy Drain!
Me : "Ok... let's try again."
*Warp*
Salarian noob : *lolnoenergydrainagain*
Me : "....FUUUUU"

X-Frame

The problem with biotic explosions with adepts is that Energy Drain and/or Overload cancel the Warp effect.

So I'm like :

"Okay, send Warp, wait for 3 secs then use Throw for biotic explosions! Sound easy & fun!"
Me : *Warp*
Salarian player: Energy Drain!
Me : "Ok... let's try again."
*Warp*
Salarian noob : *lolnoenergydrainagain*
Me : "....FUUUUU"

Just fire Throw regardless. If he just sent an ED or Overlord, your first Throw will detonate a Tech Burst and then your 2nd will successfully detonate your own biotic explosion. Sort of the best of both worlds.

exYle

Just fire Throw regardless. If he just sent an ED or Overlord, your first Throw will detonate a Tech Burst and then your 2nd will successfully detonate your own biotic explosion. Sort of the best of both worlds.

I thought Warp could be detonated as a Tech Burst?

Cat Party

My brother in law never got his commendation pack from the last challenge. EA claims it is on its way, but for his trouble, he got a "gift pack." It contained 300,000 credits!

EDIT:

I thought Warp could be detonated as a Tech Burst?

According to the ME Wikia, warp can detonate a tech burst, but not be the source. The source powers are Overload, ED, sabotage, submission net, and disruptor ammo.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Power_Combos

StUnNeR H2K

So does anyone still play this on Gold without it being Firebase White? I tried to join a few random gold games and everything was Firebase White/Geth. The Firebase White/Geth thing gets old quickly and it has zero challenge...

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
So does anyone still play this on Gold without it being Firebase White? I tried to join a few random gold games and everything was Firebase White/Geth. The Firebase White/Geth thing gets old quickly and it has zero challenge...

I always host.

And when I do, I lure people in with random/random/silver - then kick it up to random/random/gold.

Ji66a-Man

I set the match to Firebase White/Geth/Gold and wait until someone joins before switching to Unknown/Unknown/Gold. Gotta grind on Gold though to earn credits for PSPs. Got the Talon X in my last PSP. 18 Ultra Rare unlocks to go for the complete set.

AtlJ7fiCMAA_tfj.jpg:large

Bisnic

Its because they dont sound anywhere near as cool.

The biotic explosions and Claymore(especially when it kills something in 1 hit!) sounds are some of the most satisfying sounds in this game.

Hearing a Missile launcher in the distance feels nice too. Although its laughable to hear it and only see this at the bottom of the screen :

Player 1 [Missile Launcher] Geth Pyro

:p

Sai

I set the match to Firebase White/Geth/Gold and wait until someone joins before switching to Unknown/Unknown/Gold. Gotta grind on Gold though to earn credits for PSPs. Got the Talon X in my last PSP. 18 Ultra Rare unlocks to go for the complete set.

AtlJ7fiCMAA_tfj.jpg:large
* Sai cringes.

Hate you... So much...

Sooo much...

Cat Party

Wow, the human sentinel is incredible. You can get a 30% boost to power damage beyond what the Asari Adept can do, as well as 40% damage protection, and the tradeoff is a mere -20% to your cooldown. You have to give up stasis bubble, of course, but I can live without it as long as I'm not playing Cerberus. I still play GGW, so I think it's my new go-to class for that.

Top Bottom