• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I haven't got a weapon card in my last 7 PSPs

Words can't describe this kind of rage

Only like 15 hours late!

ipmiout7yzyac5aqtj.gif

Rad Agast

Turian Sentinel with all the Rate of Fire passives or a Turian Soldier with RoF evolution is quite good (still don't have a Harrier >.<).

If you want more mobility then you can try a human soldier with grenades and adrenaline rush.

Mindlog

Any suggestions what build/class i should run my cerb harrier with to make the best of it for gold.
Williams and Co had fun using it with a Vorcha. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsuUzjGFoSk&hd=1

If you have grenade gear I really like Batarian Soldier + Harrier + Inferno Grenades. It's incredibly effective at taking out spawns. The Reegar is also helpful.

Also, Cerb Harrier + Geth Infiltrator is excellent. Then again the Geth Infiltrator really abuses every weapon.

rozay

Banned
Any tips for a good asari justicar build?
I usually go with the offensive bubble below, or you can try stardusk's build above. I believe that gives up to 80% damage reduction and 30% faster shield recharge to anyone is inside the bubble.

Bubble 6-Radius, Enemy Weakness (though the DR evolution works well too), Warp Effect
Reave 6-Radius, Damage Reduction, Damage&Duration (while the armor/barrier evolution seems useful, the extra damage and extra duration is close to the bonus on the other evolution and kills other enemies faster, plus gives even more DR)
Pull 3, because lifting one enemy then hitting him with reave causes all enemies surrounding to get reave'd too. You can go to 4 for area pull if you have trouble though.
(last 2 ranks are tweakable depending on how you like to play, just be aware of the bolded)
Justicar 5 -Duration & Capacity, Headshots (power damage evolution is bugged and does not work)
Fitness 6-Whatever points you have left in the bottom row, I go with all 6 ranks because the offensive bubble is fun to use in close-quarters combat

As far as weapons, pick whatever gives you as close to 200% cooldown as possible. You can get the assault rifle weight bonus for justicar rank 6 if you want to use a mattock at 200% or a revenant and harrier at roughly 170-180%, or you can use those 6 points towards something else and use a pistol (carnifex, paladin, talon) or an SMG. I usually roll with a hurricane because it does as much damage per bullet as a mattock and is full auto :)

Anyway, you'll want to reave everything in sight, use pull when you run into a group of enemies and want to hit all of them with a reave and explosion damage, and shoot shields. Reave stacks for however long your duration is, which is another reason to take the damage&duration evolution. You can set up the bubble at choke points and reave enemies that walk in, or reave an enemy, run up and throw a bubble on top of them for the first biotic explosion, then reave them again while they're in the bubble for the second one.

Just be aware that the damage reduction from Reave doesn't work when used on Geth.

Going for the squad goal, I was in a lobby with a batarian and two krogans. One krogan was AFK so we kicked him, and we started with 3. One guy joined right away and I chased after him to see his race, hoping it was a batarian/vorcha/krogan. Thankfully it was a batarian.

30 seconds left till extraction on a Gold mission and then I get disconnected from XBL. 30 freaking minutes down the drain and nothing to show for it.

Rad Agast

Yep. It's ridiculously powerful and weighs very little for that damage too (looks at crusader ) but let's not waste time pointing that out. Bioware apparently is looking at Tactical Cloak and considering a "balancing it" instead /sadface.

Williams and Co had fun using it with a Vorcha. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsuUzjGFoSk&hd=1

If you have grenade gear I really like Batarian Soldier + Harrier + Inferno Grenades. It's incredibly effective at taking out spawns. The Reegar is also helpful.

Also, Cerb Harrier + Geth Infiltrator is excellent. Then again the Geth Infiltrator really abuses every weapon.

Damn, wish I had some people to play gold with. ): I always just get kicked cause I'm level 90. Forever Silver.

rozay

Banned
Damn, wish I had some people to play gold with. ): I always just get kicked cause I'm level 90. Forever Silver.
Get one more character to 20! I think in general people (myself included) are more willing to play with someone who's at least level 120 because it would in theory mean you at least have a basic understanding of the capabilities of each class and therefore can work better with your teammates. The only people who would kick you after that are people you wouldn't want to waste equipment on anyway, loadout is far better of an indicator of skill than a number.

what platform are you on?

Get one more character to 20! I think in general people (myself included) are more willing to play with someone who's at least level 120 because it would in theory mean you at least have a basic understanding of the capabilities of each class and therefore can work better with your teammates. The only people who would kick you after that are people you wouldn't want to waste equipment on anyway, loadout is far better of an indicator of skill than a number.

what platform are you on?

Yea, that's probably more likely. I'm playing on 360, it's probably best I havent done gold though -- I'd probably die hard.

JerkShep

You can try a defensive bubble build which makes her survive much better on gold or you can go offensive/warp bubble if you're comfortable with the low shields/health.

A good defensive build I use is StarDusk's: http://youtu.be/_p78AjwHygM

I personally go with 4 in Asari Justicar and an AoE Pull for that one.

Thanks (rozay too). I think I might try the defensive build first and see if it works for me.

Urgh, i have NOTHING at all planned today so i wanted to just zone out and hammer 2 person silver runs with my best mate all day.

Im waiting for the landlord to come round so i can sign the new tenancy agreement so i cant play cause ill likely not hear him knock on the door.

Instead ill just sit here working out which is my best route for a Cerb harrier class.

Like suggested turian and geth are in the top spot.

Edit.. wait what. You can use the tactical cloak backwards with the scorpion? Fire 4 rounds off then cloak and all the rounds explode with the added 90% damage buff. I have not tested it but thats pretty crazy if you can because it means you can then stagger them with energy drain/arc nade buffed by the 90% after aswell.

what bullshit. i'm in a 3 person team on Gold and we're playing great, everyone is kicking ass and wave 10 comes... one of us gets stuck floating in air and can't do anything. FUCK. me and the other player are doing the best we can, using all our rockets and medigels, and it looks like it could be possible to beat the wave... then the game freezes asdnsdofkvmff3mf

Joined a game in progress and my teammates were dying left and right. Was having trouble taking down enemies and thought I might have been placed in a Silver match (specified Bronze). My suspicions were confirmed after we got a full extraction.

Saw one guy in a lobby with an N7 rating of 120, a Black Widow X, and a Harrier X. :O

The vorcha sentinel is pretty tanky. I maxed out Bloodlust with health regen and although I run around with no shields most of the time, I don't die. I wish I had some better guns; at long range I don't do any damage.

Can someone explain how Bloodlust works? I toggle it on at the start (he does an animation), but how do I know if I gain a stack? Sometimes he does the Bloodlust animation again.

Cat Party

Can someone explain how Bloodlust works? I toggle it on at the start (he does an animation), but how do I know if I gain a stack? Sometimes he does the Bloodlust animation again.

Every kill gets you a stack (up to three), but it won't trigger the animation if you're doing something else.

McNum

I haven't played multiplayer since, well, launch, but I want to get some Galactic Readiness going for tomorrow. What's the best way to earn % again? Bronze all the way?

I seem to have a level 14 Engineer, so I'll probably be playing him.

rozay

Banned
blast i missed the challenge this weekend. I thought it lasted until Monday night but it ended early this morning. :-(
talk to EA chat and tell them you didn't receive a commendation pack when they start going out tomorrow ;(

I haven't played multiplayer since, well, launch, but I want to get some Galactic Readiness going for tomorrow. What's the best way to earn % again? Bronze all the way?

I seem to have a level 14 Engineer, so I'll probably be playing him.
Play in lobbies with random maps, you get readiness % towards all areas of the map. Engineers will do really well on bronze if you have chain overload.

Melchiah

I didn't participate in the weekend operation at all. Truly thoughtless of them to put it on a weekend, that's the single biggest festive event of the whole summer, when people are anywhere but at home.

Melchiah

not with the weather being what it is. and not everyone has a cabin.. or friends lol.

Well, saturday wasn't perfect weather-wise, but friday was. Anyways, I just wish they'd sometimes put those operations on weekdays, as I'm very rarily at home during weekends. And it feels like I'm not getting the full experience, because I can't partipate in the events. Not to mention missing the rewarded equipment packs.

I didn't participate in the weekend operation at all. Truly thoughtless of them to put it on a weekend, that's the single biggest festive event of the whole summer, when people are anywhere but at home.

Neither did I, wasn't at home. Am now, and I'm bored out of my mind. Might as well get my galactic readiness ready for tomorrow. :p

Yea, that's probably more likely. I'm playing on 360, it's probably best I havent done gold though -- I'd probably die hard.

Gold isn't hard once you understand which enemies to manage to.

- Always manage to those who have instant automatic travel-time weapons (i.e. Assault rifles - Soldiers, Centurions, Marauders, Cannibals, Geth Soldiers). If you are facing a group of them, or running through or towards them, make sure you frequently take cover and kill them when you are moving. Never zoom in on EVEN ONE if you aren't in cover, unless their burst fire is done.

- Marauders are one of the most dangerous enemies in the game IMO. They have a burst fire, but they do 2 back to back, which takes away the most health in the shortest amount of time on Gold than anything else in the game.

- Rocket when you can on waves 7-9 ON the spawn so you get as many of them as possible.

- On objective waves (especially wave 3), keep the big bosses alive, but with a sliver of health. As soon as the objective is complete, finish them off. It yields less XP, but makes the wave go by super fast and easy because they don't respawn. They will keep respawning the bosses as long as the objective is still active. Wave 10 is an exception due to the number of enemies. Kill as much as often.

- Go with high burst damage weapons OVER DPS. Staying in cover is essential.

Those are my "protips". Probably common sense by now, but just in case for those who aren't in the know about Gold.

If you want to play, let me know.

Melchiah

Neither did I, wasn't at home. Am now, and I'm bored out of my mind. Might as well get my galactic readiness ready for tomorrow. :p

Still too tired to play after the weekend, but I think I'll start increasing the readiness on tuesday/wednesday. I just have a nagging suspicion, that the extended ending isn't worth the trouble of going through the last battles and
Marauder Shields
again.

Still too tired to play after the weekend, but I think I'll start increasing the readiness on tuesday/wednesday. I just have a nagging suspicion, that the extended ending isn't worth the trouble of going through the last battles and
Marauder Shields
again.

If I like it (and after I've finished Danwguard), I'll probably start an Insanity playthrough. I start my holiday job next week and I'm planning to go out a lot during the coming weeks, so it'll probaby take me a while to finish it, but still. :lol

Saving up for some Jumbo packs now, I literally had zilch equipment left.

McNum

talk to EA chat and tell them you didn't receive a commendation pack when they start going out tomorrow ;(

Play in lobbies with random maps, you get readiness % towards all areas of the map. Engineers will do really well on bronze if you have chain overload.
Yup. That's what I did. Played a few hours. Readiness went from 50% to 74%. Not too shabby at all. So tomorrow it'll be at 73% and I'll have an EMS of 4400-ish in both single player files. That'll work out just fine, I think.

And yeah, Chain+Neural Shock+Chain Overload is dirty on Bronze. If it's Geth, it's fried. If it's Cerberus, then only Phantoms and Atlases don't get a severe bad reaction to it. Well and Guardians, but I just summon the Drone behind them. That usually annoys them. Didn't get a chance to try to fry Reapers with it.

I also got a Krogan Soldier unlock. Hm, are they good? On one hand: KROGAN! On the other... Soldier? I kind of want an Asari Adept or Justicar, though, but I need more Credits to get the good packs...

Checked my single-player save games in anticipation of tomorrow's DLC. I have a save from "Citadel: The Return", and a bunch of saves from Earth. I hope I don't have to replay from the Cerberus base.

rozay

Banned
Yup. That's what I did. Played a few hours. Readiness went from 50% to 74%. Not too shabby at all. So tomorrow it'll be at 73% and I'll have an EMS of 4400-ish in both single player files. That'll work out just fine, I think.

And yeah, Chain+Neural Shock+Chain Overload is dirty on Bronze. If it's Geth, it's fried. If it's Cerberus, then only Phantoms and Atlases don't get a severe bad reaction to it. Well and Guardians, but I just summon the Drone behind them. That usually annoys them. Didn't get a chance to try to fry Reapers with it.

I also got a Krogan Soldier unlock. Hm, are they good? On one hand: KROGAN! On the other... Soldier? I kind of want an Asari Adept or Justicar, though, but I need more Credits to get the good packs...
they're fun, but don't run in and melee everything willy nilly until you get the hang of their heavy melee. Easy way to die :p

You're just bronzing I assume so, stick with rage (the whole top melee row or 1-2 shield upgrades but always get the top row for upgrade 6). You can just fool around with the rest, fortification provides damage resistance which will help if you're going to melee a lot and carnage can incapacitate enemies, get the damage, incapacitation, damage upgrades.

Which pack can I find the Asari Adept in? I really want to play that class.
Vanguards are silver cards, both adepts (regular and justicar) are gold cards. You get 1 guaranteed gold from a spectre pack, 2 guaranteed golds from a premium spectre pack, so your best bet is one of those 2.

Sai

Just unlocked a Harrier. It's heavier than I thought it'd be.

Checked my single-player save games in anticipation of tomorrow's DLC. I have a save from "Citadel: The Return", and a bunch of saves from Earth. I hope I don't have to replay from the Cerberus base.
They say the additional content starts with with the assault on Cerberus HQ, so...

Which pack can I find the Asari Adept in? I really want to play that class.
That's a rare unlock, I believe. So, Spectre/Premium Spectre Packs.

rozay

Banned
Just unlocked a Harrier. It's heavier than I thought it'd be.

They say the additional content starts with with the assault on Cerberus HQ, so...
bioware's twitter PR chick said that the new content doesn't appear until after the long walk on Earth.

McNum

You do, it seems. The official word is that to activate the extra scenes, you have to start from
"Priority: Cerberus Headquarters"
. They don't happen, mostly, until at the usual ending, but there's apparently a trigger in the HQ mission. But it also seems like the maximum needed EMS to see everything has been lowered to
, so that's nice. I just played ME3 MP to raise my EMS, and i don't need it.

Eh, at least the MP is fun on its own merits.

What's a good way to level up level 1 classes, by the way? Use cards or just drop a level 1 into a map and hope I don't get kicked? I kind of want to get some Adept going, even if I don't have the Asari one yet.

they're fun, but don't run in and melee everything willy nilly until you get the hang of their heavy melee. Easy way to die :p

You're just bronzing I assume so, stick with rage (the whole top melee row or 1-2 shield upgrades but always get the top row for upgrade 6). You can just fool around with the rest, fortification provides damage resistance which will help if you're going to melee a lot and carnage can incapacitate enemies, get the damage, incapacitation, damage upgrades.

Yup, just bronzing. I don't mind it's easy. I like my MP laid back and casual, really, so Gold isn't for me. Silver? Maybe when I get guns worth something, and learn how to properly use missiles. But maybe not, I kind of like it on Bronze. It's more or less like Normal in single player, except I'm not as powerful a Shepard, but I got three teammates that are smarter than the AI... usually.

I might try a Vanguard, but I think I'll save that particular brand of insanity for singleplayer where there are quicksaves. "Banshee! Chaaarge!" *dead* Not a good impression to make in multiplayer.

Mindlog

No multiplayer DLC tomorrow so I purchase one Spectre Pack for shits and giggles. I normally get 5 at a time or so to get a nice average. I also always keep buying if I get something rare/UR.

I just wanted ONE pack to test if the store really does troll me or not.
Welp, it had a black card.
Sabre VIII.
Fuck you too store.

USIGSJ

Really? Dunno where I got the Cerberus HQ stuff from. :|

Sorry.

That's the save you need to load.

But it also seems like the maximum needed EMS to see everything has been lowered to
, so that's nice. I just played ME3 MP to raise my EMS, and i don't need it.

Where is this info from? Just when I raised readiness back to 100%. Oh well atleast I had fun meleeing wiht Vorcha.

Top Bottom