• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Derrick01

Banned
Yeah you're kinda ruining the point of the game and the fun for others.

It's co-op multiplayer, it's not about kill stealing or a points competition.

He's ruining my fun by running around using cheap 1 shot weapons on my targets (giving me assists instead of kills) while I have to pick away with an assault rifle and Reave. There's no skill to that so I decided to troll him a bit.

This is also why I don't usually play multiplayer in games. I'm far too competitive to the point where it's hard to have fun, though I am having a small amount of fun here. It's just like any game really, there's always going to be people using the cheap way out. If there's a bugged weapon they'll use it, bug or exploit in the level they'll use it and so on and so forth.

Dave_6

I had the easiest game of Gold the other night thanks to a random teammate that somehow had infinite rockets :eek: He wound up with 150K+ points and the rest of us had 40K each.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
He's ruining my fun by running around using cheap 1 shot weapons on my targets (giving me assists instead of kills) while I have to pick away with an assault rifle and Reave. There's no skill to that so I decided to troll him a bit.

This is also why I don't usually play multiplayer in games. I'm far too competitive to the point where it's hard to have fun, though I am having a small amount of fun here. It's just like any game really, there's always going to be people using the cheap way out. If there's a bugged weapon they'll use it, bug or exploit in the level they'll use it and so on and so forth.

I think what he is trying to say is that being the one who gives the killing blow in this game is meaningless since the only things you need to worry about is :

1)Kill everything
2)Survive
3)Beat the objectives
4)Revive your teammates

Whether its you with the Avenger III and mods at rank I or the guy with the Claymore X with maxed mods who kills the most Reapers changes nothing in the end. Its all about working together and making sure things die and everyone stay alive.

But you should play the harder difficulties(mostly Gold) if you really hate the easy "kill stealing" since things dont die as easily and hurts you much more. You have to be very careful while playing Gold, you just cant rush and charge a group without dying, which i suppose everyone does in Bronze since its really easy. I dont bother with Bronze anymore since its too easy and dont give a lot of credits. Although i suppose you should keep to Silver until you get better weapons if you find your weapons too weak. Even a weapon at X takes forever to kill a Gold Banshee or Atlas if you're alone.

Lol, you're feelings on this will change when you play gold.

He should, on Gold, you are very glad that other people are shooting the same thing as you. :p

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport

Lol, you're feelings on this will change when you play gold.

Gui_PT

I see someone else thought about it. Too bad the only Asari i play these days is the Justicar and her heavy armor.

We're all a bunch of perverts are we?

we'll bang ok
its better than carrying those stupid packages around!

We are all dirty perverted hobos.

Bisnic explained what I meant. Try some gold runs.

Bisnic

We are all dirty perverted hobos.

Bisnic explained what I meant. Try some gold runs.

I think i understand him a little, i played one Bronze game yesterday since i was short on time and only needed 10k credits, and there was that Batarian Soldier one shotting everything while i was trying to Charge and heavy melee with my Krogan Vanguard and they were always dead before i could use my melee attack. It sucked. It's too easy to kill enemies in Bronze.

I'm glad im sticking to Silver and Gold after seeing this. "Kill stealing" is the least of our worries in Gold.

Mindlog

Premium Veteran Packs need to come back. Those things were a huge help moving from Bronze to Silver/Gold.

I can obliterate Gold with my Drell Adept, Grenade Capacity V and a good weapon (Reegar/Harrier/Claymore etc.)
There is still some satisfaction with ending a game with over 100k points when everyone is 40k behind. :p Sure its rare, but it feels good.
"Rare" We've dismissed this claim.

There's a trick to being competitive in this game. I'm competitive about my score. My highest score ever was over 190k with a Salarian Infiltrator and Widow X. The game took 33 minutes.

My current average final score is between 115k - 130k.
My best games average between 80k - 100k.

I enjoy getting a lower score because it means the other players were great and we finished quickly. Completion time is my most important score in the game. I used to be happy under 25m. Then it was 20m. Now a good pub score should be under 18m and a good pickup group should be even better.

My 3 favorite classes for running Glacier are Drell Adept, Batarian Soldier and Male Quarian Infiltrator. I can do well with a bunch of other classes, but I like using my Grenade Capacity gear. I want to get use out of it before it gets nerfed.

Kill stealing is important in one case. I will always try to leave nearly dead enemies for a Vorcha. Those poor little gremlins really suffer if you steal too many of their kills.

comrade

Play Gold and you'll be begging for your teammates to shoot your targets with you.

Bisnic

You can see mine here:

Behold my Eagle V

No Hurricane or Valiant? You poor thing.

Here's mine.

I've been playing silver for the last hour and haven't been able to finish one yet. We got to wave 10 on one but it just fell apart with like 3 geth primes lol.

If you need help with Silver, i could help you since im on PC too. My Origin name is the same as on GAF. Silvers are almost always a win for me. Guess my Gold experience probably helps(and my gear too lol).

Divvy

No Hurricane or Valiant? You poor thing.

Here's mine.

TBok6.jpg

Yeah if you guys want to get together for a silver game or two, I'd be up for that. Been kind of a stressful day, wouldn't mind blowing some things away.

Bisnic

TBok6.jpg

Yeah if you guys want to get together for a silver game or two, I'd be up for that. Been kind of a stressful day, wouldn't mind blowing some things away.

You're on PC too? I thought everyone had the 360 version here. :lol

Bisnic

I'll take as many of PC GAF as i can, it will be more fun than random people. Although its too late right now to do any game for me. :p

Origin : Bisnic

Melchiah

I left that group and the next one was another shotgun/flamethrower whore but he wasn't nearly as good. I kept kill stealing from him with my cluster grenades and I ended up beating his ass by about 25k points. I know it doesn't matter but I like to show how much better I am than people who use nothing but cheap weapons or abilities.

If they're cheap weapons and abilities, what are the cluster grenades? The grenanes are equally cheap 1 shot weapons, if not even more, as you can lay down a group of weaker enemies with them.

I hate to play with a team, where people are competing who gets the most kills, and running around the map looking for the next killpoints, instead of working as a team. They often end up being killed for their lone wolf antics, and I sure as hell won't risk my life to revive them. That's the reason some silver matches fail, because people don't work as a team.

It's not the point who kills the target, the point is to get the targets down and survive.

If they're cheap weapons and abilities, what are the cluster grenades? The grenanes are equally cheap 1 shot weapons, if not even more, as you can lay down a group of weaker enemies with them.

I hate to play with a team, where people are competing who gets the most kills, and running around the map looking for the next killpoints, instead of working as a team. They often end up being killed for their lone wolf antics, and I sure as hell won't risk my life to revive them. That's the reason some silver matches fail, because people don't work as a team.

It's not the point who kills the target, the point is to get the targets down and survive.

Its funny after wave 4 o 5, when armored enemies pop ups and forces my "skilled" team to pull back and wait till someone damage the armored guys enough to get close, then they running away and die anyway.

Melchiah

Its funny after wave 4 o 5, when armored enemies pop ups and forces my "skilled" team to pull back and wait till someone damage the armored guys enough to get close, then they running away and die anyway.

Yeah, I've noticed that there's quite often a one lone wolf in the team, who runs around looking for things to kill, instead of staying where the rest of the team is. Eventually they always get killed, and usually no-one goes to revive them, as it would mean risking your own and your team's life. Those people tended to play with Krogans and/or Vanguards, but nowadays it's more common to see Cerberus characters playing that way, sometimes Vorcha as well.

I've found it better to stay in place and wait for the enemies to come to you, but some people are impatient and often end up running to their own deaths.

Divvy

I don't like playing the whole "let them come to you" style. It's just begging to get flanked when you least expect it. The group should be moving at all times, preferably together.

Melchiah

I don't like playing the whole "let them come to you" style. It's just begging to get flanked when you least expect it. The group should be moving at all times, preferably together.

I haven't really played Gold that much, so I don't know about that, but on Silver the method seems to work. At least when your team plays accordingly. And of course it depends on the map and the spot your team picks to stay on.

One of worst things to do on anything past Bronze is to run to the extraction point immediately when the last round starts, and end up being surrounded by a gang of enemies.

EDIT: And you won't get flanked if you have a good team, where everyone keeps a certain area in check.

Gui_PT

I haven't really played Gold that much, so I don't know about that, but on Silver the method seems to work. At least when your team plays accordingly. And of course it depends on the map and the spot your team picks to stay on.

One of worst things to do on anything past Bronze is to run to the extraction point immediately when the last round starts, and end up being surrounded by a gang of enemies.

EDIT: And you won't get flanked if you have a good team, where everyone keeps a certain area in check.

People do this

So. Many. Times.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
People do this

So. Many. Times.

The ONLY time it makes sense is if you have at least two or three Vanguards and you're playing on Silver. And you're not fighting Geth.

Any other time? Its just stupid. Also, when I'm trying to hit one of the four objectives and I'm not getting shot at - GO AWAY. You're just drawing fire to my currently safe/ignored spot.

And another thing. If you can't solo a Prime on Silver, your build sucks.

Gui_PT

The ONLY time it makes sense is if you have at least two or three Vanguards and you're playing on Silver. And you're not fighting Geth.

Any other time? Its just stupid. Also, when I'm trying to hit one of the four objectives and I'm not getting shot at - GO AWAY. You're just drawing fire to my currently safe/ignored spot.

RAAAAAAGGGEEEEEEEE

Bisnic

They're just trying to protect you. ;_;

My Krogan Vanguard can just melee a Prime to death since Biotic Charge is enough to get back his barrier at 100% when necessary, even if there is troopers or pyros are surrounding me too.

They really need to give Primes something that can kill in one hit to make them more dangerous like Banshees/Brutes/Phantoms/Atlas. I mean, they're the only race without something like that and the only reason my Krogan Vanguard specced for maximum shield, health and protection is literally invincible against Silver Geths.

DY_nasty

They're just trying to protect you. ;_;

My Krogan Vanguard can just melee a Prime to death since Biotic Charge is enough to get back his barrier at 100% when necessary, even if there is troopers or pyros surrounding me too.

They really need to give Primes something that can kill in one hit to make them more dangerous like Banshees/Brutes/Phantoms/Atlas. I mean, they're the only race without something like that.

They're the only Boss that can kill you from the across the map in pure "wtf" fashion too.

I think they work well as they were intended to be, as a "command and control" type unit. Primes are versatile as hell. They snipe, they can flank and press all by themselves with turrets (how many times have you been chilling behind cover only to have a turret appear in your earhole?), and their attacks work great alongside other units - unlike the Atlus which is nothing more than a walking time bomb.

Gui_PT

I'm pretty sure Prime shots curb/follow you, I've been hit many times where I shouldn't have been.

That or lag. But I choose to believe they follow me.

DreamMessiah

Neo Member
I'll take as many of PC GAF as i can, it will be more fun than random people. Although its too late right now to do any game for me. :p

Origin : Bisnic

Bisnic, I sent you a friend request like two weeks ago but you didn't added me. I suppose you didn't know it was coming from a neogaf account. I've posted like three times in this thread... so I'm not really complaining... but, you know, just in case I send that request again.

My origin id is DreamMessiah

Bisnic

Bisnic, I sent you a friend request like two weeks ago but you didn't added me. I suppose you didn't know it was coming from a neogaf account. I've posted like three times in this thread... so I'm not really complaining... but, you know, just in case I send that request again.

My origin id is DreamMessiah

Oh yeah, i remember that name. I wasn't sure who it was and thought it was just a random dude i played with once who just invite everyone for no reason. So ignored the request.

But you can send it again now that i know its someone from GAF. :)

Bazza

i will have to keep an eye out for others on PC when im playing, i did add a crap load of people on Origin from the OP but i cant remember how many of them iv seen when i have been playing. Bazza985 is my origin name if anyone wants to add me.

Derrick01

Banned
So yeah I think I've officially graduated to silver, it's a nice step up in challenge but I've been able to complete a few now.

I just wish people would stop picking that cramped Noveria map. I truly hate that map.

Sai

'k, I love the Krogan Vanguard now. Gave him the Reegar and had him specced up for defense, and I was having a blast on Silver. Mostly died when I was trying to save some teammates, otherwise I had to be especially stupid to get myself killed.

Need to get that Reegar leveled up fast so I can reduce the cooldown. >_>

One complaint though: Why Carnage, and not somethin' like Lift Grenades or Warp?

Bisnic

So yeah I think I've officially graduated to silver, it's a nice step up in challenge but I've been able to complete a few now.

I just wish people would stop picking that cramped Noveria map. I truly hate that map.

You could just pick lobbies with random maps too you know? And if someone pick Noveria, leave. The other option is creating your own lobby, although i find that it sometimes take forever to get 3 random people.

Good thing i got people in my friend list from GAF now! Wont be able to play until saturday though. :(

DY_nasty

You could just pick lobbies with random maps too you know? And if someone pick Noveria, leave. The other option is creating your own lobby, although i find that it sometimes take forever to get 3 random people.

Good thing i got people in my friend list from GAF now! Wont be able to play until saturday though. :(

The weird thing about that is that it really feels like people join a game in progress faster than they join an empty lobby

Holy poop I never realized I've gotten as many ultra-rares as I have. I need to start using that Wraith more. I also like how I have all those maxed out Rare weapons and most of my Uncommons still need to be leveled. Shows how much I care about Veteran packs.

So I've been playing a whole bunch of casual bronze matches lately and it is so awesome to just dick around the entire match and not particularly worry about anything. It's an amazing feeling to just stand out in the open, especially with a Vanguard or a Vorcha, and just laugh at a horde of enemies. I have about 1.3 mil sitting around and I don't feel like spending any of it until some DLC comes out so I'm not gonna stress myself out with higher difficulties for a while.

Sai

Now I've got all my rare weapons maxed out except for the Carnifex(VI), and the two from the Rebellion DLC(II)

Mindlog

Male Quarian Infiltrator - Harrier V, Grenade Capacity V, Power Amp IV, AP IV, AR III.

R/R/G
Entering the lobby I see 3 level **** players with level X URs. I am the only Grenade user :
Map turns out to be Jade :)
Enemies are Geth :D

I broke my earlier rule of thumb. I score over 140k and we beat the map in around 20 minutes.

Feeling lucky I bought 6 Premium Specter Packs and pulled zilch. After 2 weeks of endless URs my luck is done. Saving for DLC feels kind of pointless given the amount of credits I already have -_-

Top Bottom