• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm wondering, how does the top global N7 rating looks like on consoles? Do you guys have people as crazy as PC?

7r85Y.png

Finnally got a Vorcha today (the sentinel) Seems once iv got the 3 stacked bloodlust im virtually invincible made solo bronze a cake walk with the reegar and i was playing less than conservatively how are people finding the class on the higher difficulties?

Finnally got a Vorcha today (the sentinel) Seems once iv got the 3 stacked bloodlust im virtually invincible made solo bronze a cake walk with the reegar and i was playing less than conservatively how are people finding the class on the higher difficulties?

Someone posted a build on the last page. Basically go 6 in everything and 0 in Flamer, since you should do enough damage to never need to get up close.

I haven't tried it yet.

EekTheKat

At least 2 maps are completely unplayable for me now. Add in trying to dodge the glitchers meaning I'm spending more time searching for a good game than actually playing.

Glitcher, Glitcher, AFKer, Glitchers, FBW, FBW

Firebase White and Firebase Hydra just both seem to attract a ton of glitchers these days.

While it's still a fun game, Bioware just doesn't seem to have the infrastructure in place to support it.

Dreamer RD

Just encountered cheater on PS3 for the first time. He had blue glowing weapon that resembles Krysae, but it was infinite Missile Launcher.

Ikkarus

Just encountered cheater on PS3 for the first time. He had blue glowing weapon that resembles Krysae, but it was infinite Missile Launcher.

Yeah I saw the same hack on a couple of games earlier this week as well.

I'm not sure if it is coincidence but it was the male Quarian each time. Every bullet just had the effect of a missile going off.

Bisnic

I had a weird glitch yesterday where enemies were invisible and i couldnt stay in cover longer than 3 secs...yet other players seemed like they could play just fine. I think it had something to do with the host since he left on the 2nd wave and everything was back to normal after it restarted, not to mention the host in person was some glitched male quarian who was stiff and didnt have any animations.

Gui_PT

It's a weapon glitch, I think it's the striker.

I believe you use the missile launcher and right before it shoots, you switch to the striker and all of its shots will be missiles

I know because I got teamed up with tons of guys doing that yesterday and wanted to know how they were doing it so I could report them

Dreamer RD

Yeah it's a weapon replacement glitch. I asked that dude and he replied:

"u hav 2 b a salarian... ur weapon is either a scorpion, the striker or this sniper.. then u press up for ur missile, then press R1 & square HOLD them, u cant be leader and only wrks with geth and that map"

Then I google'd it and found a vid on YT http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTiIRbGr8nA

Has 360 controller support been patched in the PC version yet?

I wonder if they will put the trilogy with all DLC in a collection one day, I enjoyed ME2 on PS3 especially since all the add-ons were on the disk.

comrade

Has 360 controller support been patched in the PC version yet?

I wonder if they will put the trilogy with all DLC in a collection one day, I enjoyed ME2 on PS3 especially since all the add-ons were on the disk.

I doubt it ever will be patched. Mass Effect 2 never was. Not sure why you'd want to aim with a controller when you have the option of a mouse but to each his own.

Bisnic

I think Turian Sentinel + Hurricane (preferably with AP rounds) is my favorite thing ever.

I tried my Hurricane III with the gear that gives more SMG damage and lower recharge speed with my Justicar who have AOE reave.

I think i found a new favorite weapon for that class. :p

Sai

Anybody want to grind some Gold with me? Gamertag's SaiST.

[EDIT] -Almost 2 hours later... I guess not... :(

The Ex-Cerberus Adept is pretty fun though! Trying to find a good weapon to give him though. I'd like to keep his recharge time relatively decent, 'cause I love spammin' that Smash, but every once in a while I still want a decent weapon to fall back on.

Harrier's a good bet, once I get the weight reduced a bit.

exYle

Anybody want to grind some Gold with me? Gamertag's SaiST.

[EDIT] -Almost 2 hours later... I guess not... :(

The Ex-Cerberus Adept is pretty fun though! Trying to find a good weapon to give him though. I'd like to keep his recharge time relatively decent, 'cause I love spammin' that Smash, but every once in a while I still want a decent weapon to fall back on.

Harrier's a good bet, once I get the weight reduced a bit.

I'm using a Hurricane, which gives me about 185% recharge speed.

Mindlog

I'm currently using a Talon VI on my glass cannon Phoenix Vanguard. Played a game where I didn't die until wave 10 (I had to handle the pizza.)

Between charge, lash and smash the PV is possibly my new favorite class to wreck everything with. While smash is the primary attack I still need to use my other two powers and weapon. There's something really satisfying about knowing that if I pick the wrong attack at any moment I will die. If I don't smash I get overrun. If I don't lash I get sniped. If I don't charge my shields are gone. If I don't land the headshot I'm dead.

5/5 Will use again.

rozay

Banned
Someone took the time to properly catalogue the new mods tucked in the Extended Cut DLC's files.

Assault Rifle Omni-Blade - Increase melee damage

Assault Rifle High-Velocity Barrel - Allow bullets to pierce objects but at reduced damage. Ignores[X]% of an armored target's defenses. Increase weapon weight.

Assault Rifle Thermal Scope - Increase accuracy, increase weapon weight

Sniper Rifle High-Velocity Barrel - Allow bullets to pierce objects but at reduced damage. Ignores[X]% of an armored target's defenses. Increase weapon weight.

Sniper Rifle Thermal Scope - Increase accuracy, increase weapon weight

Shotgun Omni Blade - Increase melee damage, increase weight

Shotgun High-Velocity Barrel - Allow bullets to pierce objects but at reduced damage. Ignores[X]% of an armored target's defenses. Increase weapon weight.

Pistol Cranial Trauma System - Increase headshot damage

Pistol Heavy Barrel - Increase damage, increase weight

Ultralight Pistol Materials - Reduce weight

SMG High-Velocity Barrel - Allow bullets to pierce objects but at reduced damage. Ignores[X]% of an armored target's defenses.

SMG Recoil System - Increase weapon stability

All are labelled as rare, and pictures of them here: http://minus.com/m9oODlCCo/4g

people are going to cry for the hurricane to be nerfed considering how well it kills with only one of the magazine mods. stability will make it far and away the best automatic gun in the game next to the Harrier.

Bisnic

If i understand right, those high-velocity mods will allow us to hurt targets hiding behind cover? I guess that depends just how big that cover is.

Sai

If i understand right, those high-velocity mods will allow us to hurt targets hiding behind cover? I guess that depends just how big that cover is.
The current piercing mods 'n ammo already do that though. Unless these new mods will allow us to penetrate extremely thick cover...

But out of all those mods, 6 of them seem redundant based on those descriptions. Well, 7 if you include the Shotgun Omni-Blade; but it apparently increases weight...

Sai

Hope all these new mods 'n weapons are introduced into the single player around the time this new DLC hits.

Mindlog

Someone took the time to properly catalogue the new mods tucked in the Extended Cut DLC's files.

All are labelled as rare, and pictures of them here: http://minus.com/m9oODlCCo/4g

people are going to cry for the hurricane to be nerfed considering how well it kills with only one of the magazine mods. stability will make it far and away the best automatic gun in the game next to the Harrier.
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it. I hope I get Grenade V before that DLC hits.

I'm not too happy with the newest mention of mods. Seems like they wanted to balance out their short-sighted mods for each weapon and spread the love out (i.e. melee for AR?).

To me, I feel they are just polluting the Rare pool with more stuff to make you buy more, not actually helping except for a few mods ( Pistol ULM and SMG Recoil). Man I sound pessimistic.

Also, the nerfing of the Krysae, Hunter Mode and TC seem to be in direct response to our darn speed run videos :( sry guyz.

Sai

So sick of losing connection with the EA servers at the tail end of a match.

Why can't it happen in the postgame lobby? BAH!

Mindlog

I'm not too happy with the newest mention of mods. Seems like they wanted to balance out their short-sighted mods for each weapon and spread the love out (i.e. melee for AR?).

To me, I feel they are just polluting the Rare pool with more stuff to make you buy more, not actually helping except for a few mods ( Pistol ULM and SMG Recoil)¹. Man I sound pessimistic.

Also, the nerfing of the Krysae, Hunter Mode and TC seem to be in direct response to our darn speed run videos² :( sry guyz.
¹ That's exactly what they're doing.
² That's pretty much what happened :p Interesting how almost all of them are ignoring your luck with objectives and total team synergy. I have yet to see another speed-run video with that kind of excellent score parity.

The Krysae did need a nerf though I believe it's still overpowered. Some of the complaints were that it could 1 shot shielded enemies on Gold. Meanwhile pop 1 Arc Grenade or Proximity Mine and you get pretty much the same result. Krysae can stagger too many enemies which will always be deadly when paired with Grenade Capacity gear*. The tactical cloak duration adjustment was stupid. No one needs 10 seconds of cloak more than 30% damage IMO. That was pure theory crafted drivel that only hurt mid-level players.

*The Striker is making a comeback.

StUnNeR H2K

Any 360 players currently on or going to be on that want to hook up for some multiplayer? Looking for a couple solid players to breeze through some gold matches! Message me or send me a FR, probably going to have two spots.

GT: StUnNeR H2K

http://www.twitch.tv/bv_carn <- stream

Sai

PSPs the past few days have been good to me. Slowly knockin' down my Uncommon Gear and Rare Weapons. I remember a while back how frustrated I was that I couldn't get any more upgrades for the Widow; it was just stuck on III. Now I've got it at IX, but... With the Valiant, I just don't feel compelled to use it anymore. XD

So, yeah&#8212;Rare Weapons: Widow, Arc Pistol, Hornet, and Kishock are all at IX. Claymore's at VII. Carnifex's at V, and Reegar's at II. Still haven't unlocked the Krysae, unfortunately.

For my Uncommon Gear: Hydraulic Joints, Vulnerability VI, Mental Focuser, Multicapacitor, and SMG Amp are all at V. Shield Booster and Pistol Amp are at IV. Structural Ergonomics and Assault Rifle Amp are at III... And despite how much I've been snipin' with the Infiltrator, this game has not given me the Sniper Rifle Amp yet. >_<

For the Rare Gear: Commando and Stronghold Packages are at III. Grenade Capacity and Warfighter Package are at II. Just unlocked the Berserker Package. Still haven't unlocked the Expert and Operative Packages.

Sleepy. Bed.

Any 360 players currently on or going to be on that want to hook up for some multiplayer? Looking for a couple solid players to breeze through some gold matches! Message me or send me a FR, probably going to have two spots.

GT: StUnNeR H2K

http://www.twitch.tv/bv_carn <- stream
Sorry, if I saw your post earlier I would've played with you.

Bisnic

Am i the only one who is unlucky with ultra rares?

I got almost all rare weapons maxed, only the Reegar Carbine IV and Krysae Sniper Rifle VII are left, yet i'm still missing the Javelin and Cerberus Harrier, and all my other Ultra rares are either at I(3 of them), II(2 of them) or III(2 of them).

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I have all mods, rare weapons, uncommon weapons, mods, and consumable upgrades maxed.

I'm fucking sick of getting new colors for my Batarian Sentinel.

Bisnic

I have all mods, rare weapons, uncommon weapons, mods, and consumable upgrades maxed.

I'm fucking sick of getting new colors for my Batarian Sentinel.

I thought they fixed how we got character cards even if they were maxed?

Or are you complaining because your Batarian Sentinel went from 1/5 to 4/5 in 3 PSPs? :p

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I thought they fixed how we got character cards even if they were maxed?

Or are you complaining because your Batarian Sentinel went from 1/5 to 4/5 in 3 PSPs? :p

Yeah. I had all the DLC characters, but now they've got to be maxed out before I can start getting the bs incendiary IV rounds instead of Talon upgrades.

Top Bottom