• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Mindlog

Speaking of Talon upgrades. I don't know what I did but every recent pack I purchased had something good. I'm up to Talon VIII and I got my Grenade V finally. Also got my first UR to X (Saber.)

Got my fastest clear time ever on Glacier 11:28
We skipped extract
Grabbed my Phoenix Adept for U/U/G and of course I landed on White Geth. I was about to exit when the team makeup caught my eye.
Phoenix Adept
Phoenix Vanguard
Phoenix Adept (me)
Phoenix Adept

I don't think any of us got shot.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Speaking of Talon upgrades. I don't know what I did but every recent pack I purchased had something good. I'm up to Talon VIII and I got my Grenade V finally. Also got my first UR to X (Saber.)

Got my fastest clear time ever on Glacier 11:28
We skipped extract
Grabbed my Phoenix Adept for U/U/G and of course I landed on White Geth. I was about to exit when the team makeup caught my eye.
Phoenix Adept
Phoenix Vanguard
Phoenix Adept (me)
Phoenix Adept

I don't think any of us got shot.

With so many Lash and Smash going all over the place, i'm not surprised.

Am i the only one who is unlucky with ultra rares?

I got almost all rare weapons maxed, only the Reegar Carbine IV and Krysae Sniper Rifle VII are left, yet i'm still missing the Javelin and Cerberus Harrier, and all my other Ultra rares are either at I(3 of them), II(2 of them) or III(2 of them).

All of my Rares are maxed out fortunately (lots of PSPs and playing with guys who focus on Speed runs helps with that). My UR drop rate is not as good as some other folks, despite amassing a TON of packs...

53189a07.jpg

And ever since Gear came out, I feel like I've been stiffed out of them. Kept getting XP cards, now I'm getting ammo powers.

5148d8a5.jpg

Blegh. I want level V for Biotic, Sniper, Grenade and Shotgun. That's it!

Bisnic

I think what Ji66a is trying to say is "Yes, and I'm one of them!" ;)

Eh. I met one of the top PC the other day with its +8000 N7 rating, i thought "Oh he gotta have a lot of experience with so much promoting done, this gold match should be easy".

Nope, turned out i beat his ass with my lowly 390 N7 rating. I forgot how many times i saw him needing a revive. It was already well known how you shouldn't trust someone with his N7 rating(unless it's like 17), but that was such a joke.

Eh. I met one of the top PC the other day with its +8000 N7 rating, i thought "Oh he gotta have a lot of experience with so much promoting done, this gold match should be easy".

Nope, turned out i beat his ass with my lowly 390 N7 rating. I forgot how many times i saw him needing a revive. It was already well known how you shouldn't trust someone with his N7 rating(unless it's like 17), but that was such a joke.

yeah N7 ratings mean nothing to me. ive been at 116-120 for weeks with no intention of going higher.

i recently got into a gold lobby where everyone was 1000+. of course they kicked me out. then i rejoin the same lobby and i guess they were tired of waiting for another high level player so they accept me this time, even though 2 tried to kick me again. we finish the game with everyones score pretty much the same (70k, 65k, 60k, 50k or something, i was the third one). it was one of the most clean, flawless matches ive played with my Drell Adept, only needed to be revived once despite being so squishy. and more than once i had to use rockets to go revive 2 other downed players who took stupid risks trying to melee pyros..

and... after the match they immediately kick me out again. what the hell? simply because of my level? i hurt their feelings or something because despite my low level i kept up with them? what?!

Bisnic

All of my Rares are maxed out fortunately (lots of PSPs and playing with guys who focus on Speed runs helps with that). My UR drop rate is not as good as some other folks, despite amassing a TON of packs...

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c134/erikeoleson/53189a07.jpg[IMG]

And ever since Gear came out, I feel like I've been stiffed out of them. Kept getting XP cards, now I'm getting ammo powers.

[IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c134/erikeoleson/5148d8a5.jpg[IMG]

Blegh. I want level V for Biotic, Sniper, Grenade and Shotgun. That's it![/QUOTE]

Well... at least i can take comfort into beating you with gold gear :p, although i wish Berserker was higher for my Geth Infiltrator already :

[quote][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/vLP7l.png

Stantron

from bioware forums
This week's balance changes will be delayed. We're working to get them out as soon as possible but they won't be showing up today.

Among other things, this week we're looking at bumping up the difficulty of Cerberus a little since our data shows that they are by far the easiest faction on all difficulty levels and have been for quite some time. The Geth and Reapers, on the other hand, are neck and neck for difficulty.

We feel that Phantoms are in a good spot right now so we won't be changing them.

oh god.. i hope they dont bump up the number of phantoms.

Well... at least i can take comfort into beating you with gold gear :p, although i wish Berserker was higher for my Geth Infiltrator already :

hahaa, my Berserker package is at III. whats a good use for it? im thinking Vorcha Sentinel and Reegar Carbine.. or maybe Batarian Sentinel and Claymore. i dont understand why it would be good for an Infiltrator though.. if im using cloak, its to snipe. why use a shotgun with cloak? means i need to get close and then im uncloaked and dead.

Honestly I don't think they need to adjust anything. It's tough enough as is IMO. Geth needs to be adjusted if anything, but all 3 are viable on Gold, and just challenging enough to be fun.

Bisnic

oh god.. i hope they dont bump up the number of phantoms.

hahaa, my Berserker package is at III. whats a good use for it? im thinking Vorcha Sentinel and Reegar Carbine.. or maybe Batarian Sentinel and Claymore. i dont understand why it would be good for an Infiltrator though.. if im using cloak, its to snipe. why use a shotgun with cloak? means i need to get close and then im uncloaked and dead.

Well obviously you dont know the power of a Geth Infiltrator's Hunter Mode with a Claymore X. With an accuracy mod, you dont even need to be THAT close. I can kill Phantoms from a good distance with a well placed Proximity mine + 1 or 2 shots of Claymore. It's almost as accurate as a pistol, but more powerful.

Well obviously you dont know the power of a Geth Infiltrator's Hunter Mode with a Claymore X. With an accuracy mod, you dont even need to be THAT close. I can kill Phantoms from a good distance with a well placed Proximity mine + 1 or 2 shots of Claymore. It's almost as accurate as a pistol, but more powerful.

but.. proximity mines are useless? i can never get any kills with them and im pretty sure i specced them for max damage. my Claymore is at VII, i might try it with the cloak bonus and the accuracy mod now though.. but in my head it just feels wrong :p shotguns are only for Batarians and Vorcha! well Krogans too but theyre boring.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
but.. proximity mines are useless? i can never get any kills with them and im pretty sure i specced them for max damage. my Claymore is at VII, i might try it with the cloak bonus and the accuracy mod now though.. but in my head it just feels wrong :p shotguns are only for Batarians and Vorcha! well Krogans too but theyre boring.

What? Prox mines are absolutely not useless. With the right evos, they do a good deal of damage, and also weakens the target's defenses. Hunter mode+Cloak+Prox mine debuff = holy shit damage.

Set them off on a heavy armored target like an atlas or geth prime and all your teammates can get in on the damage boost.

Bisnic

They're not useless, i always start with Cloak followed by a Proximity mine then a Claymore shot once it explodes, even on single targets. You gotta spec the mine for the skill that improves damage received by 20% from all sources to work best. You dont really use the mine for kills, but more for that bonus. The only time i dont use the mine is on targets with no shields/barriers/armor since a single Cloak + Claymore shot kills them in 1 hit. Its kind of a kill stealer build since its that strong and why i sometimes end a match with over 100k points while everyone else is at 50k, but its not like it matters in such a game.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
They're right. A proxy/claymorex/cloak/incendiary combo will one shot a brute.

And proximity mines damage buff is nothing to sneeze at either. With the buff it got from the recent updates, it's pretty useful.

Sticky Grenades though... now THOSE fucking suck.

Sai

Got my Widow and Arc Pistol up to X, Talon's at V, and Claymore's at VIII. Finally unlocked the Expert Package, and the last two items from the Rebellion DLC, the Vorcha Sentinal and Krysae; the latter I got up to II.

Took a look at my characters, and I've got all of the appearance options unlocked for the originals, with only three left from the Resurgence DLC: two for the Batarian Soldier and Krogan Battlemaster, one for the Asari Justicar. I've only got one additional appearance option unlocked for two characters from the Rebellion DLC: The Vorcha Soldier, and Quarian Engineer.

Doesn't seem like Gear is dropping as frequently as it used to... :/

Mindlog

They changed some stuff.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
July 4, 2012
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Collector Assault Rifle
- Damage increased from [48.7-60.9] to [55.4-69.2]
- Encumbrance decreased from [1.8-1.25] to [1.6-1.2]

Ops Survival Pack Consumable
- Increased amount of bonus shields given from 1500 to 2000

Cerberus Guardian
- (Bronze) Health increased from 750 to 900
- (Silver) Health increased from 1125 to 1350
- (Gold) Health increased from 1687 to 2025

Cerberus Turret
- (Bronze) Health and shields increased from 900 to 1050
- (Silver) Health and shields increased from 1350 to 1575
- (Gold) Health and shields increased from 2025 to 2362

Cerberus Nemesis
- (Bronze) Health increased from 450 to 525
- (Bronze) Shields increased from 750 to 860
- (Silver) Health increased from 675 to 790
- (Silver) Shields increased from 1125 to 1295
- (Gold) Health increased from 1012 to 1180
- (Gold) Shields increased from 1687 to 1940

Cerberus Atlas
- (Bronze) Armor increased from 7500 to 9000
- (Silver) Armor increased from 12940 to 14000
- (Gold) Armor increased from 21094 to 23000
On Glacier I noticed the slight increase in turret health. We still rolled it pretty hard for a pub. Managed to get the 5 Wave Survival medal with randoms if that helps paint a picture.

Also, I'm going to throw something that most people might not agree with. I believe the Reegar Carbine has the greatest skill potential of any weapon in the game. Spray and pray works, but headshots and burst-firing dramatically increase its effectiveness. With such a short range trying to squeeze out that extra damage can be dangerous. Getting it right has some amazing results.

Derrick01

Banned
So I was finally bored enough to try this today and I kind of like it. I've played about 5 matches, 4 as a drell adept (who I won with my first free pack) and 1 as a human infiltrator (I apologize to the 1 person I was playing with there, I sucked so bad).

I've done fairly well considering they keep pairing me with level 15-30 people who can do so much more than me, I swear I must have 3000 assists by now. The last game I played I finished 1st with ~24k points. I'm tearing things apart with my Drell's Reave/Pull/Cluster Grenade combo with my slightly crummy assault rifle. I'm trying to get some friends to buy this so I can coordinate strategies with them. Playing with randoms is never quite as fun especially since I don't have my mic in. In the last match I was the only one able to pull the shields away from the cerberus guys, everyone just kept trying to shoot them smh.

tldr I'm pleasantly surprised. I could see this being fun with friends, too bad I only have a small number of them on PC gaming.

Divvy

Cerberus Turret
- (Bronze) Health and shields increased from 900 to 1050
- (Silver) Health and shields increased from 1350 to 1575
- (Gold) Health and shields increased from 2025 to 2362

dh5tL.jpg

Bisnic

So I was finally bored enough to try this today and I kind of like it. I've played about 5 matches, 4 as a drell adept (who I won with my first free pack) and 1 as a human infiltrator (I apologize to the 1 person I was playing with there, I sucked so bad).

I've done fairly well considering they keep pairing me with level 15-30 people who can do so much more than me, I swear I must have 3000 assists by now. The last game I played I finished 1st with ~24k points. I'm tearing things apart with my Drell's Reave/Pull/Cluster Grenade combo with my slightly crummy assault rifle. I'm trying to get some friends to buy this so I can coordinate strategies with them. Playing with randoms is never quite as fun especially since I don't have my mic in. In the last match I was the only one able to pull the shields away from the cerberus guys, everyone just kept trying to shoot them smh.

tldr I'm pleasantly surprised. I could see this being fun with friends, too bad I only have a small number of them on PC gaming.

Well, to be honest, not every class has an ability to pull a Guardian's shield off. :p My Krogan Vanguard hates them, the best he can do is using Biotic Charge and shoot them while they're briefly stunned, and my Geth Engineer has to throw his Geth Turret behind them or try to aim as best as he can through the small hole.

Also, see? It aint so bad for a multiplayer mode. :p But yeah, everyone else is all "Add me, 360 player!" and im all "Aaaw, foreveralonePC.jpg"

Melchiah

Just tried my level two Krysae with Quarian Male Infiltrator. It's the only sniper rifle I've tried and liked. Does a hefty damage, and three shots without reloading. Now only if I could get it to level ten.

Bisnic

Just tried my level two Krysae with Quarian Male Infiltrator. It's the only sniper rifle I've tried and liked. Does a hefty damage, and three shots without reloading. Now only if I could get it to level ten.

Yeah, its the only sniper that do not require you to be good at sniping to actually do damage. :lol

Also, the more and more i play the Ex-Cerberus classes, the more i like Lash. That thing is fun to use just to see enemies fly all over the place or just to bring close to me so they can meet my Reegar Carbine. *evil laugh*

Derrick01

Banned
Well, to be honest, not every class has an ability to pull a Guardian's shield off. :p My Krogan Vanguard hates them, the best he can do is using Biotic Charge and shoot them while they're briefly stunned, and my Geth Engineer has to throw his Geth Turret behind them or try to aim as best as he can through the small hole.

Also, see? It aint so bad for a multiplayer mode. :p But yeah, everyone else is all "Add me, 360 player!" and im all "Aaaw, foreveralonePC.jpg"

I wasn't able to see who was what during the game but we had at least one other person with a Pull ability, I saw a ball fire from somewhere across the map. I don't think they knew about its affects on the shields though.

It's not bad for a horde mode. I'm just glad it's not a regular multiplayer game, it would be such a mess.

Divvy

I wasn't able to see who was what during the game but we had at least one other person with a Pull ability, I saw a ball fire from somewhere across the map. I don't think they knew about its affects on the shields though.

It's not bad for a horde mode. I'm just glad it's not a regular multiplayer game, it would be such a mess.

It's actually better than the main game for me. Stupid Bioware.

Melchiah

Yeah, its the only sniper that do not require you to be good at sniping to actually do damage. :lol

Also, the more and more i play the Ex-Cerberus classes, the more i like Lash. That thing is fun to use just to see enemies fly all over the place or just to bring close to me so they can meet my Reegar Carbine. *evil laugh*

Yeah, that's exactly why I like it. =) Hated it with my Mantis X when I missed a shot, and had to reload to try another, by which time someone else usually had already finished the job.

I still haven't received either of the Cerberus characters, but I've grown to like the male Quarians, and their Arc Grenades.

Stantron

I'm getting a ton of IV ammo in my PSPs. Gear items don't drop often and ultra rare weapons are even more illusive. I think I'm gonna wait until the next dlc to spend more credits.

Melchiah

I'm getting a ton of IV ammo in my PSPs. Gear items don't drop often and ultra rare weapons are even more illusive. I think I'm gonna wait until the next dlc to spend more credits.

I haven't personally received any of the ultra rare weapons. =/

EDIT: But I've received four gear items so far.

Bisnic

When will the Bi-Weekly OP details go up?

Chris Priestly said:
Hi Everyone

What with Canada Day at the start of this week and Independence Day in the middle of the week, we won't be running a weekend ME3 MP event this week.

There will be one next week though. smilie

Blame Canada and USA!

And for some unknown reason, both my Geth and Salarian Infiltrators got reset. Colors went back to default, same with the name and all skills were reset. The only thing left untouched was the appearance options i unlocked thankfully. Restarting Origin and Mass Effect 3 changed nothing.

Ah the wonderful world of Bioware glitches.

Derrick01

Banned
So I can tell this game can be pretty unbalanced at times. I don't know if this level 12 krogan guy got lucky or he paid for his items but he has this shotgun (I think?) that was 1 or 2 shotting everything and he kept finishing a minimum of 5k points ahead of me despite me being level 18. It was pretty annoying watching him bullrush enemies I was working on and just annihilate them immediately and I end up getting assists.

Bisnic

So I can tell this game can be pretty unbalanced at times. I don't know if this level 12 krogan guy got lucky or he paid for his items but he has this shotgun (I think?) that was 1 or 2 shotting everything and he kept finishing a minimum of 5k points ahead of me despite me being level 18. It was pretty annoying watching him bullrush enemies I was working on and just annihilate them immediately and I end up getting assists.

The max level is 20, and when a class reach lvl 20, they can promote them if they wish to reset their powers and go back to lvl 1. So that's why you might see lvl 1 people with shotguns at rank X with maxed mods. And shotguns like that can one shot pretty much anything in Bronze or even Silver sometimes that isnt a Banshee/Atlas/Geth Prime. Then you have unique multiplayer weapons that you never see in the campaign like the flamethrower Reegar Carbine that are even more ridiculous at close range. Good thing its just a coop game where who gets the most points in the end doesnt matter at all. No extra credits or xp if you're #1.

Derrick01

Banned
The max level is 20, and when a class reach lvl 20, they can promote them if they wish to reset their powers and go back to lvl 1. So that's why you might see lvl 1 people with shotguns at rank X with maxed mods. And shotguns like that can one shot pretty much anything in Bronze or even Silver sometimes that isnt a Banshee/Atlas/Geth Prime. Then you have unique multiplayer weapons that you never see in the campaign like the flamethrower Reegar Carbine that are even more ridiculous at close range. Good thing its just a coop game where who gets the most points in the end doesnt matter at all. No extra credits or xp if you're #1.

Oh max is only 20? Damn my adept is 19, I enjoy him too much to lose all his powers :(

I left that group and the next one was another shotgun/flamethrower whore but he wasn't nearly as good. I kept kill stealing from him with my cluster grenades and I ended up beating his ass by about 25k points. I know it doesn't matter but I like to show how much better I am than people who use nothing but cheap weapons or abilities.

Bisnic

Oh max is only 20? Damn my adept is 19, I enjoy him too much to lose all his powers :(

I left that group and the next one was another shotgun/flamethrower whore but he wasn't nearly as good. I kept kill stealing from him with my cluster grenades and I ended up beating his ass by about 25k points. I know it doesn't matter but I like to show how much better I am than people who use nothing but cheap weapons or abilities.

You're not forced to promote once you reach lvl 20. You can keep your Drell Adept at 20 if you like the powers you chose. Beside, you might get a reset power card from a pack, which will save you the need to promote 1 character if you wish to reset powers. And its a good thing that lvl 20 is max anyway, otherwise people would max every skills, you gotta think a little before choosing something. :p

PS : Laggy games really are the worst, especially on Gold, 10th wave, with just one node left to hack, just to end in a Mission Failed due to this. I was so close from that 70-75k credits and i only got 35k. Fucking lag!

EekTheKat

Interesting, if you stack enough shields with a defense specKroguard you can eat a rocket from an atlas on gold and still have shields left.

I've been playing around with a max shield Kroguard, with claymore x and, shotgun amp, shield regen amp, and shield increase gear slot. The idea is to buff the krogan's shield regen and max shields, and just claymore everything to death. So far it's worked out very well outside of the usual insta kills grabs.

Buffing shield regen makes a kroguard's shields go up with near no delay. Biotic charge as emergency shield regen. Claymore is pretty much all the offense you need.

Stantron

PS : Laggy games really are the worst, especially on Gold, 10th wave, with just one node left to hack, just to end in a Mission Failed due to this. I was so close from that 70-75k credits and i only got 35k. Fucking lag!

Ahg! i feel your pain. Just had a wave 10 objective complete, then the game freeze and I lost it all. 75k down the tubes.

Sai

That's amazing.

Ahg! i feel your pain. Just had a wave 10 objective complete, then the game freeze and I lost it all. 75k down the tubes.
We should make a support group or somethin'.

Gui_PT

Yeah you're kinda ruining the point of the game and the fun for others.

It's co-op multiplayer, it's not about kill stealing or a points competition.

Bisnic

Yeah you're kinda ruining the point of the game and the fun for others.

It's co-op multiplayer, it's not about kill stealing or a points competition.

There is still some satisfaction with ending a game with over 100k points when everyone is 40k behind. :p Sure its rare, but it feels good.

Gui_PT

Thats loser talk.

There is still some satisfaction with ending a game with over 100k points when everyone is 40k behind. :p Sure its rare, but it feels good.

Yeah I guess it is fun but it shouldn't be your main objective.

Your main objective should be to have an Asari where your clothing kinda matches your skin tone so it looks like she's not wearing anything over her ass. And then you just spend the whole match sprinting and staring at it...all naked....and round....

Bisnic

Yeah I guess it is fun but it shouldn't be your main objective.

Your main objective should be to have an Asari where your clothing kinda matches your skin tone so it looks like she's not wearing anything over her ass. And then you just spend the whole match sprinting and staring at it...all naked....and round....

I see someone else thought about it. Too bad the only Asari i play these days is the Justicar and her heavy armor.

We're all a bunch of perverts are we?

Gazzawa

we'll bang ok
its better than carrying those stupid packages around!

Top Bottom