• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

KKRT00

I made a post over on the BSN.

Now to await my cheque in the mail.

You've repeated two paragraphs: :)
"I've been thinking about this a lot' and 'However, if I had to express one'

I agree completely, also mixing existing ones would help and creating more events and in more random order

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
That justicar build is the only thing I'll ever use on Gold from now on.

Aside from getting to bold with bubble drops and getting 1hit ko'd, there's nothing that suits my playstyle better.

And I finally have a way to burn through these 200+ ammo packs

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
You've repeated two paragraphs: :)
"I've been thinking about this a lot' and 'However, if I had to express one'

I agree completely, also mixing existing ones would help and creating more events and in more random order

Goddamn, I knew something went wrong when I posted. I hate the BSN message box.

EekTheKat

I'm actually intentionally trying to die now using a Kroguard. They can take a fuckload of damage now between his defense mitigation, insane amount of shields, quick shield recharge and the ability to instantly recharge 100% of his shields.

A Kroguard is nearly unkillable when played right. You can shrug off conventional fire liked it was nothing.

For the most part, only a sync kill can kill me now. Or if I charge into something ridiculous by myself. I intentionally eat Banshee bolts now since they can't drain my shields.

Gui_PT

So Gazzawa told me if I buy like 10 packs when the DLC hits, it's weighed against me and I'll have a smaller chance of getting new items?

Is this true?

Mindlog

That justicar build is the only thing I'll ever use on Gold from now on.
I feel the same way about my QMI.
Have to have Grenade Capacity V to really make it work though.

Had a bunch of fairly crappy-average games in the morning. I took a break to catch up on paperwork and enjoy the day. Came back and stumbled into a decent looking lobby of Glacier/Cerberus/Gold. Decent N7 levels with great equipment all around. OK, I can work with this.

13 minutes later everyone is readying up again :smug:
*Achievement Unlocked* 7 million credits

Good times. My first run was with a Drell Adept hoping to Reave for a Phoenix. We never quite found a rhythm so I just went QMI next round and I managed to squeak out an unimportant high score even though every player was top tier quality.

Feeling good about Platinum if more teams are like that one.

DY_nasty

I'm gonna need a set squad for Platinum.

I burned through a lot of equipment this weekend by messing around with randoms.

Ronabo

I'm actually intentionally trying to die now using a Kroguard. They can take a fuckload of damage now between his defense mitigation, insane amount of shields, quick shield recharge and the ability to instantly recharge 100% of his shields.

A Kroguard is nearly unkillable when played right. You can shrug off conventional fire liked it was nothing.

For the most part, only a sync kill can kill me now. Or if I charge into something ridiculous by myself. I intentionally eat Banshee bolts now since they can't drain my shields.

What's the build you are using? And what weapons gear?

DY_nasty

I'd imagine you could get crazy with piling everything in to Charge (basic 100% shield,radius and Weapon damage), Barrier (damage reduction over errythang), and Fitness (shields for days). Its a perfect tank. Anything on top of that is just icing and sprinkles.

EekTheKat

Claymore/Reegar/Graal X - depending on the map or if I'm hosting.

Max defense/mitigation everything, max weapon damage, ignore cooldown reduction talents and power damage, ignore carnage The important part is using shield and recharge consumables. Use ammo and shotgun power consumables to go with shield power and recharge.

Things get even crazier if a justicar follows you around reaving, or dropping a shield that further enhances defense and regen.

exYle

I've stocked up on a million credits for Tuesday. I have no idea how some of you guys save up multiple millions at a time

The challenge ended 7 hours ago :T who the fuck decided to change the times and not let it at least finish by tonight

Wait what, 7 hours ago? That cant be right, It was still Sunday in the UK when i did the challenge i better get my reward packs for it.

Just checked it says 4AM PST JUly 16th, Its currently 5:36PM July 15th

Melchiah

The challenge ended 7 hours ago :T who the fuck decided to change the times and not let it at least finish by tonight

If that's true, it ended at 20:30 here, which is ridiculous. I had the first chance to try the challenge at around 23:00, as I had other things to do, like I do every weekend. So many missed challenges, because they won't put them on weekdays.

EDI: Ah, I see it's apparently still on. I think I'll skip this one eitherway, as I've got only Quarian Male and Geth Infiltrators on level 20, and the Gold match didn't go that well with the Quarian. Goddam hacking missions.

rozay

Banned
Wait what, 7 hours ago? That cant be right, It was still Sunday in the UK when i did the challenge i better get my reward packs for it.

Just checked it says 4AM PST JUly 16th, Its currently 5:36PM July 15th
wat
http://social.bioware.com/qnwn.net/forums/forum/1/topic/343/index/13058159&lf=8
Operation: Broadside begins at 10am PST on Friday July 13and ends at 10am PST on Sunday July 15.

If it's still on that's great, cause I didn't get a chance to do it lol

I'd imagine you could get crazy with piling everything in to Charge (basic 100% shield,radius and Weapon damage), Barrier (damage reduction over errythang), and Fitness (shields for days). Its a perfect tank. Anything on top of that is just icing and sprinkles.
Makes you wonder if rage was intentionally broken for the vanguard because it would be too powerful

If that's true, it ended at 20:30 here, which is ridiculous. I had the first chance to try the challenge at around 23:00, as I had other things to do, like I do every weekend. So many missed challenges, because they won't put them on weekdays.

EDI: Ah, I see it's apparently still on. I think I'll skip this one eitherway, as I've got only Quarian Male and Geth Infiltrators on level 20, and the Gold match didn't go that well with the Quarian. Goddam hacking missions.

I managed it with a first time player who we boosted to lvl 20 playing a turian with a avenger II

My Quarian Infiltrator with cerb harrier
Geth Engineer with Black widow
Salerian Engineer with cerb harrier.

Played firebase white and got 2 out of the 4 people extracted.

StUnNeR H2K

Just finished Gold Reapers with my level 13 Vorcha Sentinel... rest of the group was a lvl 20 Vorcha Soldier and a lvl 20 Krogan Vanguard. 4th random person quit out and we still finished...

rozay

Banned

are you on xbox?

Melchiah

I managed it with a first time player who we boosted to lvl 20 playing a turian with a avenger II

My Quarian Infiltrator with cerb harrier
Geth Engineer with Black widow
Salerian Engineer with cerb harrier.

Played firebase white and got 2 out of the 4 people extracted.

It went quite fine for the first half of the match, with my QMI and Krysae lv.2, coupled with Operative Package I and Sniper Amp I, but the two hacking missions ruined the match. The latter decimated the whole team. A small closed space, and two Banshees, three Brutes, two Ravagers, and everything else = not my idea of fun, which is why I decided not to try again.

EDIT: Found a new glitch as well. I couldn't use the Cobra Missile Launcher, as I couldn't change my weapon for some reason. If it hadn't happened, I maybe could have saved the team. =(
EDIT.2: The others had Asari Adept, Krogan Sentinel/Soldier, and Cerberus Vanguard. The guy with the Asari was definitely the best of the bunch. He handled one round by himself, when all the others were down.

are you on xbox?

PS3.

Sai

I've stocked up on a million credits for Tuesday. I have no idea how some of you guys save up multiple millions at a time
Speedruns on Glacier, I think?

It makes sense if you have a party that knows what they're doing, earnin' 70k+ credits at a time in like 15 minutes.

DY_nasty

It makes sense if you have a party that knows what they're doing, earnin' 70k+ credits at a time in like 15 minutes.

Its irritating as fuck when you see someone completely unable to handle a Brute on Gold.

EDarkness

I've been trying to play the game all weekend with not much success. Queues are way too long and the groups have been horrible. People are even leaving in the middle of a match. I had to finish up a mission because everyone left but me. A totally frustrating experience. I'm playing on the PC, so I'm not sure how it is on the 360 or PS3.

Mindlog

300k an hour. Easy credits and with a good group you can use a number of different builds.

Most importantly: Far more fun than White Geth Gold.

EDarkness

Its irritating as fuck when you see someone completely unable to handle a Brute on Gold.

I've been playing this game hardcore for a little over a month and I have crappy gear. The RNG really gets on my nerves and I have this gun I like to use, but I can't get any mods. I haven't gotten any good guns either, which is frustrating considering I generally only buy Premium Specter Packs. Though, I did get an N7 sniper rifle the other day, but I keep getting crap I don't need or won't use. I still have assault rifle mods level 1. I've yet to get anything better. So it makes doing gold a pain in the ass. I pretty much stick with silver and bronze.

Melchiah

I've been playing this game hardcore for a little over a month and I have crappy gear. The RNG really gets on my nerves and I have this gun I like to use, but I can't get any mods. I haven't gotten any good guns either, which is frustrating considering I generally only buy Premium Specter Packs. Though, I did get an N7 sniper rifle the other day, but I keep getting crap I don't need or won't use. I still have assault rifle mods level 1. I've yet to get anything better. So it makes doing gold a pain in the ass. I pretty much stick with silver and bronze.

Pretty much the same here. I've only got the most common guns on level X. Now that they're bringing the Platinum difficulty level, they should either make the Gold easier, or give more purchase points for Bronze/Silver. I'm quite fed up with the in-game store, as it very rarely gives anything I really need. It's a frustrating cycle, you want to play Gold matches to get more points to buy better gear, but you can't play it as your gear sucks.

EDarkness

Pretty much the same here. I've only got the most common guns on level X. Now that they're bringing the Platinum difficulty level, they should either make the Gold easier, or give more purchase points for Bronze/Silver. I'm quite fed up with the in-game store, as it very rarely gives anything I really need. It's a frustrating cycle, you want to play Gold matches to get more points to buy better gear, but you can't play it as your gear sucks.

I totally agree. I think that once you get a gun from a pack, you should be able to pay cash to upgrade it like the regular game. Of course, this is a trap to get you to spend real money. This is one reason I don't like Free to Play games. Now they have more classes and more weapons coming, yet I can't even get the old ones. It takes forever and is too much of a crap shoot. I like the actual game which is why I keep playing, but the upgrade path is crappy.

Melchiah

I totally agree. I think that once you get a gun from a pack, you should be able to pay cash to upgrade it like the regular game. Of course, this is a trap to get you to spend real money. This is one reason I don't like Free to Play games. Now they have more classes and more weapons coming, yet I can't even get the old ones. It takes forever and is too much of a crap shoot. I like the actual game which is why I keep playing, but the upgrade path is crappy.

That would be preferable, but they won't change it as they want people to spend real money for the equipment packs. If I ever get upgrades for weapons, they're almost always for the wrong ones. Not to mention, that I'm still on 2-capacity with Medi-Gel and Ops Survival Pack, eventhough I've played this game from day one, and that's really not enough for Gold.

EDarkness

That would be preferable, but they won't change it as they want people to spend real money for the equipment packs. If I ever get upgrades for weapons, they're almost always for the wrong ones. Not to mention, that I'm still on 2-capacity with Medi-Gel and Ops Survival Pack, eventhough I've played this game from day one, and that's really not enough for Gold.

I know that's why it won't change, but it would make it easier for people to gear up for when they add new content. At the rate I'm going I won't be able to play Platinum for months. What's the point in adding it if only a few people can even run it effectively? Ugh. Just gets me mad thinking about it. I simply refuse to spend real money on this game, and if things continue like this, then I'll simply stop playing. I've been put into Gold groups, but my gear simply isn't good enough to handle it.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
You know, what i did to quickly get the weapon mods to rank V was just spamming Recruit & Veteran packs. Much faster than using the other 2 packs. Havent wasted any real money on the multiplayer, yet i have a pretty good manifest. : http://social.bioware.com/3313888/&v=bw_games&game=masseffect3_pc&pid=335416941&display=multiplayer

Sure, i've been playing since march and only got all the rare weapons to X just recently, but still... :lol My mods been maxed for a long time with Veteran packs. But i suppose the new uncommon gear probably make this harder than back in the day when they didnt exist.

rozay

Banned
I know that's why it won't change, but it would make it easier for people to gear up for when they add new content. At the rate I'm going I won't be able to play Platinum for months. What's the point in adding it if only a few people can even run it effectively? Ugh. Just gets me mad thinking about it. I simply refuse to spend real money on this game, and if things continue like this, then I'll simply stop playing. I've been put into Gold groups, but my gear simply isn't good enough to handle it.
If you're playing silver and bronze, you should be getting veteran packs (recruit for mods) until you've levelled up some silver guns and characters IMO. You're not getting mods buying premium spectre packs because everything (thus far) have been blue (common) and silver (uncommon) cards.

There are good silver items. Mattock, Eviscerator, Phalanx, and Tempest are all gold viable guns. Throw the N7 sniper on an Asari Vanguard. Hell, the drell adept is a silver card and it's a top tier biotic class.

You're absolutely right that there are starting to be far too many gold items for new players to build their characters and weapons, but you have the benefit of not getting repeat character cards anymore. This new DLC alone is adding 6 characters (let's assume 4 customization options for each), 3 (rare?) guns, and 12 mods with 5 levels each. That's 114 cards :T

EDarkness

Strangely enough, I got the M-99 Saber out of one of my first packs, and have been using that ever since. It's just a great weapon for my playstyle, but I have yet to find anything to boost it up. It's still rank 1 and I don't have any real assault rifle mods. I have been rotating between the Jumbo pack and the PSP since I realized last week that I wasn't getting enough medkits and such. Still, it's a long process and I can totally see where spending cash is a good way to go. It's getting a bit ridiculous with all the new stuff and it makes it extremely hard to get things you want.

Bisnic

You have Particle Rifle up to III already? I would be jealous, but, y'know, it's the Particle Rifle.

Yes, i hate my luck, the Particle Rifle isnt a good weapon for the harder difficulties where staying out of cover for too long means you're dead.

Meanwhile, i still dont have the damn Harrier.

Sai

The Particle Rifle... sucks?

Gasp 'n stuff. I thought it'd be popular with the infinite ammo 'n all. Admittedly, I never used it much in single player, just stuck it on Javik and called it a day.

I've gone through about twenty Veteran Packs without a single upgrade for my Sniper Rifle Amp Gear. Rage.

Bisnic

The Particle Rifle... sucks?

Gasp 'n stuff. I thought it'd be popular with the infinite ammo 'n all.

Admittedly, I never used it much in single player, just stuck it on Javik and called it a day.

I dunno, i tried once when it was rank I, and never touched it again. Sure the regenerating ammo is fine, but the damage suck unless you unload nearly all the 100 clip(and targets moving means you might miss a lot...) and at this point i either have to wait for the long reload or for it to get back to 100, which takes longer than reloading most of the other weapons. Maybe if i ever get it to X, i'll give it another try.

Gui_PT

I really want to try that Krogan Vanguard you guys were talking about earlier.

Could anyone tell me what the build for the character is like?

Sai

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=39818115#post39818115

Against Geth, with the Cyclonic Modulator III-IV 'n Shield Booster V Gear, it's nigh-impossible to take the guy down even on Gold. I've only died when either reviving someone, or if I get trapped in this annoying stun-loop involving Prime shots and Hunter melees—very rare occurrence though.

Bisnic

I basically ignore Carnage and take every skills that improve health/shield, 100% shield back with Biotic Charge and whatever improve damage reduction with Barrier. I try to avoid the heaviest shotguns just so i can spam Biotic Charge as much as possible.

Sai

Does Bioware update the Multiplayer Manifest with new DLC content before it's released?

Maybe if i ever get it to X, i'll give it another try.
lol, good luck with that.

The drop rate of Ultra Rares don't go up even if you max out all of your Rare items, right?

Top Bottom