• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

EDarkness

20 minutes to get a group? I get instant groups on PC. What the hell? Sometimes Quick Match seems to take forever(and by forever, i mean longer than 10 secs) to find a group, but a quick cancel and retry can make it instant.

The crazy thing is I opened a game to the public and even started a match and I ended up getting to Wave 7 and no one showed. I opened a standard Bronze match to the public and after 30 minutes no one showed up. Before this weekend, that kind of thing would never happen.

Cat Party

My brother in law, who I play most of my games with, has been using a rocket glitch all day. I think there is more than one, as this one involves using a weapon with explosive rounds. I told him he's gonna get banned, but he says he won't because it's an exploit built into the game, not a hack.

Preemptive RIP for his ME3 MP account.

Stantron

Squad Goal: Have at least one squad member be extracted against Reaper enemies on Gold difficulty.
Allied Goal: Achieve 400,000 full extractions against Reaper enemies on any difficulty.

I think the problem with the allied goal was that most people who play gold regularly don't want to bother with silver or bronze because of the reduced amount of credits earned, therefore leading to more failed full extractions on gold. Not only was Reaper/Gold filled with regular randoms who may be unreliable, it was filled with people who don't usually play gold at all, but want to attempt it for the squad goal. Shit, I'd be surprised if the total partial (gold) extractions added up to 400k. It might have been too high of an expectation.

Gui_PT

I think the problem with the allied goal was that most people who play gold regularly don't want to bother with silver or bronze because of the reduced amount of credits earned, therefore leading to more failed full extractions on gold. Not only was Reaper/Gold filled with regular randoms who may be unreliable, it was filled with people who don't usually play gold at all, but want to attempt it for the squad goal. Shit, I'd be surprised if the total partial (gold) extractions added up to 400k. It might have been too high of an expectation.

You're right. It's just that I did a few Silver runs to try and help with that objective and saw many high ranked N7 players with level 20 characters doing the same thing and hoped a lot more people were doing that.

EDarkness

I hate playing Gold. So I didn't even bother with it. Playing Gold is like trying to run a raid in WoW with a PUG. Maybe we'll get past the first wave. Most likely we won't make it past Wave 3. I fully admit that I suck at it, but I do understand tactics and such. Getting people to care is difficult at best. Making Gold a requirement will simply lead to frustration.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I hate playing Gold. So I didn't even bother with it. Playing Gold is like trying to run a raid in WoW with a PUG. Maybe we'll get past the first wave. Most likely we won't make it past Wave 3. I fully admit that I suck at it, but I do understand tactics and such. Getting people to care is difficult at best. Making Gold a requirement will simply lead to frustration.

What's your main build and set up going into a gold match?

You're making it sound like a monster when it really isn't. I bet a few tweaks here and there and a quick crash course on the mechanics/tactics and you'll be fine.

There's a big misconception that you need god-tier equipment to be worth your playslot on gold. A good old Asari adept in the right hands can get top score without firing a single shot.

People rely too much on weapons. If I wasn't using a Harrier or Hurricane, I'd be rocking just fine with a phalanx, phaeston, or tempest.

My Carnifex is still the business as a Salarian Engineer. Friend of mine is an Adept, I saw him fire his gun once.

With a good group, Gold is intense fun. Of course, I'm speaking as an Engineer. Decoy works wonders.

Stasis - you MUST get the bubble at level 6. Levels 4 and 5 are a preference thing (based around how you best want to lockdown an enemy) but the bubble is a necessity. Its still the single best power vs phantoms.
Warp - i think its deteriote that is the essential one. Whichever one smangs armor and shields an ups damage.

Dunno about Stasis, maxed out Energy Drain takes them down pretty fast. Cerebus is a joke.
Warp + Deteriorate is that one, I think.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
My Carnifex is still the business as a Salarian Engineer. Friend of mine is an Adept, I saw him fire his gun once.
like seeing a unicorn in the wild
Dunno about Stasis, maxed out Energy Drain takes them down pretty fast. Cerebus is a joke.
Warp + Deteriorate is that one, I think.

If you can drop a bubble in the right spot, you can set up your entire team with 4 quick kills easy. A stasis kill is by far the easiest in the game. Energy Drain is still an underrated skill, but Stasis makes Phantoms free.

Sai

Veteran Packs for the Uncommon stuff. Had to spam a bunch though, game just wouldn't give those last few upgrades up. >_<

The Rare Gear started poppin' up very frequently once I got close to wrapping up Rare character cards&#8212;got those from PSPs.

rozay

Banned
DLC is up on 360, 200MB size. the typhoon machine gun is ultra rare.

finally a fucking scorpion upgrade! all the characters too woo

Edit:some interesting power trees, I have no idea what to do with most of these classes. Time to play with the fury

Might as well play some MP then, nice.

Don't have any credits saved up, though. :( They really need to start upping the pay grade, imo. 30.000 for a game of silver is not enough.

Gui_PT

It's up? Brb gonna spend all my moneys.

Will return with a rage post after I've gotten nothing!

Edit: Kot my Krysae up to X

Got the Vanguard and the Infiltrator characters. Got the omni blade thingy.

Got the Piranha and the Acolyte II. Got all the weapon mods maxed out.

Pretty sweet.

Sai

Unlocked all the characters except the Destroyer. Got the Acolyte up to VI, I think. And that new N7 Shotgun up to IV or V.

Got a few new weapon mods in there too, mostly for the SMG though.

Krogan van-tank is fun, but feels too slow for me. Died against Cerberus when an Atlas one-shotted me, but other than that, it's unstoppable. Might give it a go with the Scimitar or Katana instead of the Reegar, make it feel a bit faster.

Sai

N7 Fury's going to be great against Reapers. Annihilation Field inflicts Warp on anybody who gets close to her, and all she has to do is swing a couple of Throws for Biotic Detonations galore. She'll do great in a party of Biotics.

You guys want to party up? No mic atm though
I'll send you a friend request.

rozay

Banned
Lemme shoot you an inv, they already have 4 apparently.
y u leave :'(

I'm just going to solo these characters on bronze by myself for now, I dont really know what kind of builds will be effective with these guys. Paladin can tech combo with his shield if you get 6 ranks in fitness

Gui_PT

Damn Blue Ninja, lots of bad timing lol

Can't believe I got downed on a Bronze match. That's what you get for being ballsy with characters you don't know!

Damn Blue Ninja, lots of bad timing lol

Can't believe I got downed on a Bronze match. That's what you get for being ballsy with characters you don't know!

Just hit me up when you can, keep the party private or something. :lol

Although wait, nevermind, i have to head out soon.

Also, the piranha's a great weapon, but fuck the human Vanguard. I'm not used to playing as that guy anymore, it sucks.

like seeing a unicorn in the wild

If you can drop a bubble in the right spot, you can set up your entire team with 4 quick kills easy. A stasis kill is by far the easiest in the game. Energy Drain is still an underrated skill, but Stasis makes Phantoms free.

I think Stasis makes everything free, the main weakness of Energy Drain is the smaller AOE. 1 use will drain a Phantom and stagger them, leading to hello and goodbye from the Carnifex, or Warp.

Also get a lot of Tech Bursts with that skill, although I'm positive that Warp/Stasis is still the best set-up.
The normal groups I play with are two Adepts, Vanguard and me as the Engineer, and it's the Michael Bay experience.

DLC can't come fast enough, I'm ready.

Woorloog

Banned
Looking at my saved credits.
I don't think i have a single weapon on rank 10.
Need to grind credits... and class XP.
Want my batarian finally.
Gah.
I'm online, anyone wanna play: GT Empyrus (360). Just a warning, i'm down to noob level at the moment.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So many of you are already playing this early in the morning?

And here i am wasting my time at my job. :(

Gui_PT

So many of you are already playing this early in the morning?

And here i am wasting my time at my job. :(

whatswrong.gif

Bisnic

Job > Games. This a sad world we live in. :(

At least i'll have 2 weeks of vacation in early August. :p

Can't wait to see the new classes, maps and guns, but i think i only have 10k credits left.... this gonna take a while. I should have played more ME3 multiplayer this weekend instead of ME1. Who knows, maybe we would have won the 400k extractions because of me. :lol

Sai

Had my breakfast, ready to start cuttin' stuff up with the Shadow!

[EDIT] - You have to charge the Acolyte like the Arc Pistol, it's projectiles fire off in a slow arc though. It seems to pack kind of a decent punch, but I dunno...

Gui_PT

Had my breakfast, ready to start cuttin' stuff up with the Shadow!

[EDIT] - You have to charge the Acolyte like the Arc Pistol, it's projectiles fire off in a slow arc though. It seems to pack kind of a decent punch, but I dunno...

Sorry, had to leave. Good games btw.

Just got a full extraction on London Gold and we had a guy that only got like 15k points.
It's really easy to hold up the bridge at the top. You even have ammo nearby on both sides.
In order for the enemy to get to you, they can only come up 2 flights of stairs or walk through a corridor. Even if they get through, the whole bridge is basically a corridor so it's easy to kill a bunch of them at once.

Can't wait to try out Platinum difficulty on this.

Edit: The N7 Shadow is a beeeeassstt

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Hmm, so going by the comments made during BioWare's SDCC panel, they don't actually 'plan' on having any more multiplayer DLC. Shifting to single player, and will see if people keep playing the multiplayer to gauge whether or not to do more.

Hmm, so going by the comments made during BioWare's SDCC panel, they don't actually 'plan' on having any more multiplayer DLC. Shifting to single player, and will see if people keep playing the multiplayer to gauge whether or not to do more.

That's what I figured. I hope one of the future DLCs introduces all those MP weapons into the singleplayer: I miss my Harrier.

Bisnic

I guess its a sign less and less people are buying Bioware points or whatever points are on consoles since some of the players already maxed most of their items. Hopefully they will release Collectors as an enemy someday. Although i wonder if its too much work for them to import all these monsters from ME2 to ME3 and make them work properly to be worth it. That flying Collector monster would probably need new animations since it wouldnt fit in the small rooms some maps have if its still flying. If there is actually less and less people playing multiplayer, they might feel its not worth the effort.

Top Bottom