• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Mindlog

Spent ~4M credits last night. No typhoon :( unlocked everything else*.

Our fastest platinum time is 16 minutes. Build is 2 demolisher engineers, 2 quarian infiltrators. Glacier, Cerberus, Platinum. 2 are using Reegar carbine. Easy 137500 credits! Grenade heaven, barely use rockets too.
Fuck. Sign me up. I managed to clear my first Platinum in 21 minutes. (GD missile glitchers.)

The Piranha might work as a slightly longer range Reegar substitute. It left a bad first impression with me, but now it's one of my favorites. On top of doing so much damage it's incredibly light.

*Some mods aren't being distributed. http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/13209159
My Ultra-Rare luck has been crappy. All I want is a Typhoon and I keep getting other upgrades. BW is at V and Paladin at VIII. Typhoon is still 0.

Salarian Decoys don't attract more than 2-3 enemies whereas if you put out your shield, all eyes are on you. Plus, the Paladin's best ability, Snap Freeze, has Flamer range so what better way of luring enemies into freezing range?
That's what the Kroguard is for!

For some reason in the games I played almost every Paladin wanted to roman tortoise at all times. Paladin is much more fun as aggressive caster. Just abuse snapfreeze with a lightweight weapon. Hurricane and Piranha are both excellent choices.

exYle

Playing cat and mouse with an Atlas has never been more fun. Teleport apparently does not have invincibility frames, though I suspect it has damage reduction like some of the dodges.

I've been trying to work out a forward teleport strat - get a few melee slashes in on a boss, then when they turn around blink through them and run for cover.

Slayer has awesome potential to be a high mobility hit and run class.

I've experienced no DR, and find myself getting pummelled right after teleport. Slayer is really quite squishy in his current state.

I've experienced no DR, and find myself getting pummelled right after teleport. Slayer is really quite squishy in his current state.

I charge, enemies get staggered, and because I'm carrying a Disciple my charge recharges by the time my shields are down, so I just keep on charging and meleeing, charging and meleeing.

Granted, this might not work on Gold, but it works fine on Silver.

exYle

I must either suck or be really unlucky. Admittedly, I've played my new Slayer predominantly on London, which is a horrible map for him.

New balance changes
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
July 18, 2012
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vindicator Assault Rifle
-Damage increased from [62.4-78.0] to [68.6-85.8]

Mattock Assault Rifle
-Damage increased from [94.2-117.8] to [103.6-129.5]

Phaeston Assault Rifle
-Damage increased from [38.1-47.6] to [41.9-52.4]

Piranha Shotgun
-Damage increased from [63.6-79.6] to [70.9-88.7]

Vorcha Flamer
-Increase base range from 5 meters to 10 meters

I really like these. Good weapons getting good boosts.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Paladin is a tech burst machine.

You can spec the shield to do either flame or cryo damage. Snap Freeze is amazing too. Throw that out first, slowing enemies, drop the shield - invite them in cuz lolz u a boss now, snap again, techmageddon

Class is really underrated.

exYle

Paladin is a tech burst machine.

You can spec the shield to do either flame or cryo damage. Snap Freeze is amazing too. Throw that out first, slowing enemies, drop the shield - invite them in cuz lolz u a boss now, snap again, techmageddon

Class is really underrated.

That makes it sound like you're detonating a Snap Freeze tech burst with Snap Freeze.

Mindlog

I must either suck or be really unlucky. Admittedly, I've played my new Slayer predominantly on London, which is a horrible map for him.

New balance changes

I really like these. Good weapons getting good boosts.
Holy hell. More Piranha damage?

The Slayer is OK, but for balls out melee I have much more fun with the Shadow. Spec Cloak for Duration then cloak, melee OHKO and immediately Shadow Strike an enemy that's as far away as possible.

And immediately it hits me that Cloak Bonus Power would work with Shadow Strike. Respec!

burgerdog

Is Slayer bugged in all the new maps? I keep leaving the playing field and eventually the game says that I was kicked out or the game crashes.

Tuck

A lot of players do not seem to understand that the specific objectives are mandatory, and that you will fail the mission if you don't complete it - very annoying. I've lost missions because of it.

Holy hell. More Piranha damage?

The Slayer is OK, but for balls out melee I have much more fun with the Shadow. Spec Cloak for Duration then cloak, melee OHKO and immediately Shadow Strike an enemy that's as far away as possible.

And immediately it hits me that Cloak Bonus Power would work with Shadow Strike. Respec!

Sounds amazing.

You haven't seen me go to town on some hapless fools with my Slayer, though.

DY_nasty

Devastators are great. D-Mode (Rate of Fire, Damage) and Revenant + Piranha and Barrage Mod is the Fist of God.

Up to Platinum, I haven't seen a single thing survive multifrag > run in fuckless > empty a piranha on its face. Reegar works great with it too.
That makes it sound like you're detonating a Snap Freeze tech burst with Snap Freeze.

The Shield has an elemental effect when fully upgraded. If you've got a Incendiary shield, you can melee (and the paladin basic melee and shield drop both are very fast) then snap freeze to create an explosion. Most explosions do big damage by themselves, but the Snap Freeze chain has a "+100% Tech explosions" thing at level 5 which turns into you kicking out crazy damage on short range.

Also, if you have host, you should be able to block every incoming rocket - hell, if you're up against Geth, spec Energy Drain for AOE, 100% shield recovery, and 40% damage reduction and live forever.
Quick question, Grenades damage counts as weapons power or ability power? I want to buff their damage but I dont know wich one buff the damage

Its power damage.
Mmm I dont get it, Range 6 on N7 Demolisher doesnt work or dont give the bonus damage

How do you know?

Mindlog

Reegar works great with it too.
It's really tough trying to decide what melts more face. Reegar or Piranha.

With just one other decent damage person White/Geth/Platinum is actually sort of easy -_-
I was playing with my QMI Glass Cannon (Krysae + Piranha | Grenade Gear V, Shotgun III, Incendiary IV, Adrenaline III.) Another person was using GI + Krysae and there were two other people. They weren't bad, but the GI and I finished with ~95k points and they were well behind. Finished in 24 minutes.

It was pretty easy. I just have to figure out how not to eat Banshee Warps when I am behind cover. I was the only one brave (stupid) enough to stay behind the regular cover. Everyone else hid further back. The Piranha was mauling everything that got into range.

DY_nasty

It's really tough trying to decide what melts more face. Reegar or Piranha.

With just one other decent damage person White/Geth/Platinum is actually sort of easy -_-
I was playing with my QMI Glass Cannon (Krysae + Piranha | Grenade Gear V, Shotgun III, Incendiary IV, Adrenaline III.) Another person was using GI + Krysae and there were two other people. They weren't bad, but the GI and I finished with ~95k points and they were well behind. Finished in 24 minutes.

It was pretty easy. I just have to figure out how not to eat Banshee Warps when I am behind cover. I was the only one brave (stupid) enough to stay behind the regular cover. Everyone else hid further back. The Piranha was mauling everything that got into range.

The only reason I prefer the Piranha more is because you can handle a mob with it better than a Reegar. Its just more versatile. You can run up to a mob and use those 8 shots to walk away with 10 kills regularly. The Reegar... its raw damage output is just flat out cray, but its a bit harder to make use of it against non-boss enemies at times. Either way, the Rate of Fire increase (I think its 30% or more) in D-Mode is some hardcore shit.

DY_nasty

Discharge nade

Range 4 - 720
Range 5 - 780
Range 6 - 780?

Homming

Range 4 - 1440
Range 5 - 1560
Range 6 - 1560?

Those kinds of stat bonuses are applied in game. For example, the Justicar's Bubble- You won't see the damage reduction from the Bubble tree applied the Reave's damage reduction in its respective tree.

rozay

Banned
Devastators are great. D-Mode (Rate of Fire, Damage) and Revenant + Piranha and Barrage Mod is the Fist of God.

Up to Platinum, I haven't seen a single thing survive multifrag > run in fuckless > empty a piranha on its face. Reegar works great with it too.

The Shield has an elemental effect when fully upgraded. If you've got a Incendiary shield, you can melee (and the paladin basic melee and shield drop both are very fast) then snap freeze to create an explosion. Most explosions do big damage by themselves, but the Snap Freeze chain has a "+100% Tech explosions" thing at level 5 which turns into you kicking out crazy damage on short range.

Also, if you have host, you should be able to block every incoming rocket - hell, if you're up against Geth, spec Energy Drain for AOE, 100% shield recovery, and 40% damage reduction and live forever.
If you love devastator with the revenant, you're going to have a lot of fun with it using the Typhoon.

Tried out the Piranha with a QMI and I think I like it over the Reegar for the same reason you do, it's a hell of a lot more versatile while still doing pretty similar damage. You can deal with mobs easier and have even more range.

Can't figure out how to use the shield on the Paladin effectively. Am I the only one who wishes the shield stayed up as long as you held the melee button. rather than having to toggle it?

Also, something to try-how well does the Hornet do using the SMG Recoil and High Velocity Barrel? Those mitigate both of its weaknesses, recoil and minimal armor damage..

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Got a Hurricane IV.

ygMWu.jpg

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Didn't play at all today, gonna play a little tomorrow, to at the very least try to get a Shadow and Typhoon and open the challenge package, nothing else has priority to me right now, and I still only got one new character, the two other weapons and a few mods I didn't want.

Spent ~4M credits last night. No typhoon :( unlocked everything else.

Our fastest platinum time is 16 minutes. Build is 2 demolisher engineers, 2 quarian infiltrators. Glacier, Cerberus, Platinum. 2 are using Reegar carbine. Easy 137500 credits! Grenade heaven, barely use rockets too.

Damn. Nice. I'd love to get a solid team like that going, it's usually me and a friend and two randoms winning, but way too many times he two randoms aren't pulling their weight.

Dave_6

Got a Hurricane I from the Commendation pack and the one PSP I bought tonight gave me the Paladin. Is it worth the damn? If so, what is a good build?

Melchiah

Fucking great job Bioware, after I downloaded and installed the new DLC, my PS3 can't start ME3 at all, whether it be SP or MP. Thank/fuck you very much.

Jad0r.gif

EDIT: I guess that's it for me regarding the MP, as I can't even start the game. Perhaps Bioware should hire some more competent people before they release their DLCs, which make some copies unplayable.
EDIT.2 It appears I was wrong... it works, but the start up time is completely horrendous. We're talking about minutes here.

Cat Party

Are you saying fire shield melee + snap freeze = tech burst, or is it an "explosion" where you have to get a kill to cause the effect?

Didn't play at all today, gonna play a little tomorrow, to at the very least try to get a Shadow and Typhoon and open the challenge package, nothing else has priority to me right now, and I still only got one new character, the two other weapons and a few mods I didn't want.

Damn. Nice. I'd love to get a solid team like that going, it's usually me and a friend and two randoms winning, but way too many times he two randoms aren't pulling their weight.

Yeah a good team is 90% of the challenge on platinum lol. I tried to do it with randoms who had mics. I used all 5 rockets, all 5 medigel in the first 3 rounds. They just kept on dying and not using equipment. However with a good team we were hitting 18 minutes average today too, each of us only using 1-2 medigel and 3 rockets.

Also, 4 Geth infiltrators with the piranha tears shit up on platinum. Make sure you stay in a group and stack those mines. Makes for a fun time and it just melts every single boss.

i really want that new human engineer with the grenades and the shield/ammo supply zones.

That character looks like he will be the best suit for my playing style. Really looking forward to unlocking .

So far i only got the new vanguard - its not that great :/

Seriously 1 day after new dlc and no one can connect? Bioware's site is down too I wonder what happened. I haven't been able to connect to EA for the past 90 minutes

Edit: nm thanks for the notification. Lame

I wish you could pay a certain amount just to unlock characters, weapons being randomised is fine but i STILL dont have the cerberus vanguard or about 6 other characters to choose from, yet im still getting cards for characters ive fully unlocked to level 20.

My carnifex is still level 4 and i dont have a paladin either...

Ikkarus

Is it just me or is the N7 Fury super squishy?

I was trying her out in a bronze match and her shields were constantly dropped. I really want the N7 Engineer and Vanguard.

Secondly I only tried 2 matches, are there any decent builds for the Fury?

whats this about maintenance and not being able to play? is that over already?

used something like a million credits last night and with the last PSP i got N7 Fury and N7 Shadow. phew! got some Claymore, Reegar and Krysae upgrades too, and some of the new Gold level mods like Pistol Ultralight Materials up to III.

and best of all...

Salarian motherfucking Infiltrator! i've been trying to unlock that fucker for weeks and weeks. finally i have all the original characters.

the start up time is completely horrendous. We're talking about minutes here.

hmm that sounds crappy, it already takes quite a while to get into the multiplayer menu (which always hangs for me, for like 10 seconds before i can do anything).

tried uninstalling and downloading the pack again?

Ikkarus

Salarian motherfucking Infiltrator! i've been trying to unlock that fucker for weeks and weeks. finally i have all the original characters.

I had the same thing happen to me except it was the quarian infiltrator. Felt good to finally get him.

I just really want the N7 Engineer and a cerebus assault rifle, granted they are rare and ultra rare but still!

Top Bottom