• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

typhoon is an assault rifle

and it aint light either

Powers > *

That happens to me as well. I'm an N7 300 and in the lobby I've had N7 5000+ players tell me how bad my setup was. Tired of Platinum lobby hopping I once made a pre-match guarantee to one of these players that I would top the scoreboard. I easily topped the scoreboard.

My N7 level isn't high, and it doesn't matter so long as you have the right equips and know your class. The 3k+ people who clown you are simply ignorant.

Sai

That's it. He couldn't fucking use it properly, either. God I'm mad.
lol...

I think Xevren and a friend of his were complaining about the same thing a short while back. An N7/Lv17, I think it was?

Anyone know what the Paladin is good for? I unlocked it the other day and have no idea what this class is good at..
Drawin' aggro, solo'n crowds of enemies with combinations of Snap Freeze and it's heavy melee for Tech Explosions.

... Which only work properly if you're host.

Also: Please keep your distance from Banshees, Phantoms, Brutes, and Atlus. Despite the Paladin's Omni-Shield, they can still kill you instantly with their grabs. I remember playing with a couple of new Paladin players who thought they could hold the extraction point on Hydra/Reapers/Silver, and got decimated in a hurry by Banshees despite my warnings—it's like some folks have to experience it to believe it.

Anyone know what the Paladin is good for? I unlocked it the other day and have no idea what this class is good at..

Its a support unit, use your ice beam anytime then your hard melee, then light melee and another light melee, thats your own combo. after wave 3 when enemies have shields and armor just stay close to destroyers or engies and help them using your ice beam.

Dont try laying with your shield, its useless against most of the special mobs and phantoms so use Drain shields or incinerate.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Had a round with four N7 Destroyers.

That class is gud.

X-Frame

I want to try a game with 4 Demolishers someday, it must be a glorious thing to see with all the grenade spamming and 4 supply towers.

I think 2 Demolishers and 2 Destroyers would be amazing. Unlimited ammo for the Destroyers to mow down anything they see, plus plenty of Crowd Control from all the grenades being thrown.

Objectives might get tough though. Maybe 1 Destroyer and 1 Geth Infiltrator would be even better.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I really hesitate to call the Paladin a support class.

You can do a lot of damage with one by yourself, but so few people get the tempo that you have to adhere to.

You just HAVE to have Host.

Xevren

why do u have to host? is there a glitch im not aware of?

Energy drain armor boost only works when you're the host for some reason.

lol...

I think Xevren and a friend of his were complaining about the same thing a short while back. An N7/Lv17, I think it was?

Yep that was me, some random joined my lobby who was N7 17 or some crap and had a harrier, and I still don't have one.

Mindlog

I've done well as an off-host Paladin, but it's much easier to be even more aggressive as host. I hope that bug gets fixed in the next patch.

Had my dumbest ME3 MP moment yet. I joined a Platinum White lobby (braindead credits) and saw a pretty good team. Switched to my Piranha Geth for more DPS and even equipped one of my rare Shotgun III amps. Game starts and I immediately recognize my mistake. I'm using my Gold loadout (Scorpion X, Hurricane III.) Still top the scoreboard by over 50k points @_@

As punishment the store's relentless dickery continues.
RNG:
I just don't even know anymore. I mean... Fuckit.
At least I got a Bingo out of it.

Mindlog

Complaining about only missing one ultra rare lol
Most of them are kind of crappy :D
Ranked by usage.

Platinum
1. Cerberus Harrier
2. Talon
3. Scorpion

For a Laugh
4. Black Widow
4. Indra
4. Particle Rifle
7. Wraith

Sure, Why Not
8. Saber
9. Paladin

Not
*DNQ*. Javelin

Xevren

Why the scorpion? I haven't used it in awhile. You use them on a GI right? Maybe you know something I don't, feel free to enlighten me sir.

Omni

I just got ME3 today, and I gave multiplayer a shot... I felt like I was useless. Everyone was doing all the killing and I was just running around looking for things to shoot.

Anyone got any pointers for a new player?

I just got ME3 today, and I gave multiplayer a shot... I felt like I was useless. Everyone was doing all the killing and I was just running around looking for things to shoot.

just jump in and keep buying veteran packs and playing on bronze till u get better I guess

Xevren

Yeah just keep playing and learn how things are spawning. XP is pooled so even if you don't get many kills it doesn't matter since everyone gets the same amount.

Mindlog

Why the scorpion? I haven't used it in awhile. You use them on a GI right? Maybe you know something I don't, feel free to enlighten me sir.
Yeah, GI has a faster rate of fire that with hunter and proxy mine make it easy to take down any mob. Fire 3 shots, cloak, mine, fire more shots. If you rush spawns the kill streaks come real easy.

IMO: The key to jumping difficulties quickly is learning the spawn points. This is an older, but still useful guide.

If you get kicked from a lobby (it will likely happen) don't take it personally. Some players are stupid. I still get kicked occasionally.

Omega

Banned
I want to try a game with 4 Demolishers someday, it must be a glorious thing to see with all the grenade spamming and 4 supply towers.

I suck as a Demo and just to give you an idea of how ridiculous it is, me and 3 of my friends completed a game of platinum in 24 minutes.

How's the N7 Slayer? Still the only class I've yet to unlock. Just wondering if they finally made a Vanguard worth playing off-host.

exYle

I suck as a Demo and just to give you an idea of how ridiculous it is, me and 3 of my friends completed a game of platinum in 24 minutes.

How's the N7 Slayer? Still the only class I've yet to unlock. Just wondering if they finally made a Vanguard worth playing off-host.

Nope.

rozay

Banned

Human Sentinel or Engineer are the two easiest classes to start out with because they can do really well with just their powers on bronze and silver. Get a bunch of recruit packs until you have the either Avenger or Predator at a high enough level that you have 200% cooldown bonus in the weapon select screen and you'll be good. Don't worry about saving up for spectre packs if you're just playing bronze, focus on getting common and uncommon mods from recruit and veteran packs respectively and the guns mentioned above (mantis is a pretty good sniper on bronze and silver too).

I think 2 Demolishers and 2 Destroyers would be amazing. Unlimited ammo for the Destroyers to mow down anything they see, plus plenty of Crowd Control from all the grenades being thrown.

Objectives might get tough though. Maybe 1 Destroyer and 1 Geth Infiltrator would be even better.

Ran a GI, my Destroyer (now fully leveled), 1 Shadow and 1 Fury on Gold earlier.

Shit was unfair. I thought it was loleasy mode before, but the Harrier and GPS/Piranha is almost like cheating.

And then I had a Demolisher and 2 Shadows on Platinum. Got to Wave 8 before eating it.
I only really have one complaint, the Harrier needs more bullets. :p

Shadow is still my favorite, but I can at least enjoy all of my assault rifles now.

X-Frame

I'm playing some Silver matches to mess around, having some fun again, and get my readiness rating up for SP.

I tried the Krogan Soldier and wow is he worthless against the Geth. He gets stun locked moving an inch in any direction. Primes, Hunters, and Rocket Troopers make him the worst character to use against Geth.

I suppose I haven't used him in so long I forgot how bad it is. The Krogan really got shafted in MP. No health regeneration, and then that obvious bug.

Sai

The Particle Rifle? What changed?

I tried the Krogan Soldier and wow is he worthless against the Geth. He gets stun locked moving an inch in any direction. Primes, Hunters, and Rocket Troopers make him the worst character to use against Geth.

I suppose I haven't used him in so long I forgot how bad it is. The Krogan really got shafted in MP. No health regeneration, and then that obvious bug.
The Krogan really should have some kind of health regeneration... Maybe not quite as fast as what the Vorcha presently have, but yeah.

Updating my Previous list:

4. Indra
4. Particle Rifle

May soon join the Platinum tier.

Its not too bad. Make sure when you try searching for a lobby everyone has mics. The room of doom strategy on Glacier is easy, but monotonous. Speed runs are the most fun for me.

Edit: Never, EVER play with someone named SlytOhandTwstF8. He was a control freak and just mean to people who would join the lobby. I felt tension with him when I joined the lobby because he was being a bit too forward and aggressive with his words, and didn't even care that I was a regular speed runner who runs faster times than he ever did (he was gloating about his 'fastest 12 minute gold speed run' lols). Then as others began joining the lobby, he was elitist, cursing, and just a general DB to a lot of the folks who joined the lobby. I honestly think in my 6+ years of XBL, I haven't met a more dick-ish human being above the age of 18. /rant.

Mindlog

I've seen some very good performances from players using Indra/PR X. Granted only my Indra is X, but I like using new weapons from time to time.
Its not too bad. Make sure when you try searching for a lobby everyone has mics. The room of doom strategy on Glacier is easy, but monotonous. Speed runs are the most fun for me.
I almost hate room of doom. There are too many players doing it so it's hard to find a lobby that will play Glacier aggressively. Like it should be.

I've made a google docs spreadsheet to possible help with the awareness of the UR drop rate as well as the "Rare" gear that drops more infrequent than UR weapons.

SP_Rarity.png

Please add your statistics here in the blue rows!!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0At3sgKpkVLeDdGs1NjAyMmNvN0hIR2lSVmRBeEp5dlE

Cat Party

Weird. I haven't received a single lvl IV consumable, and I've bought several premium and non-premium packs.

You don't start getting level IV consumables until you start filling up your rare weapons, characters, and gear. I have only three rare weapons up to X, so I've never received a level 4 consumable. People with tons of maxed out weapons, gear, and characters are getting them all the time (even though they haven't maxed everything out).

Xevren

You don't start getting level IV consumables until you start filling up your rare weapons, characters, and gear. I have only three rare weapons up to X, so I've never received a level 4 consumable. People with tons of maxed out weapons, gear, and characters are getting them all the time (even though they haven't maxed everything out).

Don't even have to have much in terms of gear, I have complete shit for gear but have all weapons/characters/mods capped to gold and pretty much only get lvl 4 consumables.

Don't even have to have much in terms of gear, I have complete shit for gear but have all weapons/characters/mods capped to gold and pretty much only get lvl 4 consumables.

My understanding is that they specifically replace maxed rare character cards, so they can drop any time after you've maxed out at least one rare character.

Melchiah

Ah, I didn't know that.

Mindlog

To add on what I said earlier: I am really starting to dislike Biotic Slash and Electric Slash. It seems like every Glacier game (Platinum certainly, but even Gold) has at least one person sitting in that room the whole game spamming Slash. They rarely bother to do anything else.
I've made a google docs spreadsheet to possible help with the awareness of the UR drop rate as well as the "Rare" gear that drops more infrequent than UR weapons.

Please add your statistics here in the blue rows!!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0At3sgKpkVLeDdGs1NjAyMmNvN0hIR2lSVmRBeEp5dlE
Nice idea. I'll try to save up a bunch of credits and get a decent sample size. Today I got my first pack with 2 pieces of gear! It had Engineering Kit and Barrage.

Also.
Wraith VIII -_-

If they ever buff the Ultra-Rares I'm going to be a pig in shit.

*Looking at my count:
I am missing 23 Ultra Rares (10 Typhoon.)
Earth DLC I am missing 3 Uncommon Gears and 14 Rare Gears.
My UR drops are definitely outpacing my Gear drops.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Another day, another PSP with 2 ammo powers IV.

Fuck it, im saving credits. It's going to be hard to resist, but it seems i have no choice.

EDarkness

What is the situation with character cards? I have human male vanguard maxed, yet I keep getting that card in various packs. I was under the impression that once a character was maxed, we stopped getting them. Seems like I'm understanding something wrong.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
What is the situation with character cards? I have human male vanguard maxed, yet I keep getting that card in various packs. I was under the impression that once a character was maxed, we stopped getting them. Seems like I'm understanding something wrong.

I dont think common characters(blue cards, original human classes) are affected by this. But you can't get more uncommon or rare character cards once they're maxed. I sure havent seen a Turian Soldier for a long time.

Did they nerf the Paladin omni-shield? I tried guarding someone while they deactivated an indoctrination device, and Prime blasts just outright ignored it.

Mindlog

In light of the impending Piranha nerf I squeezed out two Platinum White runs. Did you know a lone Geth Infiltrator can hold the stairwell on Platinum until at least Wave 7? Beats counter cowering.

I added my 4 Spectre Packs to the list. The first Spectre Pack had 5 Medi Gel, Strength Amp III, Human Adept, Pistol Amp III, and Incendiary Ammo 4. The other 3 were basically the same so +4 Packs and +4 lvl 4 consumables.

In light of the impending Piranha nerf I squeezed out two Platinum White runs.

Why would they nerf it? Its a good gun but so its the GPS and the Typhoon - i dont get it, do they just nerf guns people enjoy using? If they get rid of the piranha i wont have any weapons i like to use anymore besides my carnifex and that isnt suitable for a destroyer build.

Top Bottom