• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Cat Party

So if i understand right, we need to mix the difficulty of our games this weekend and not just gold and platinum to win the allied goal? And do a lot more of bronze and silver? Well, not that isnt gonna be hard, credits gain will be slow that's all.

Yup. I'm gonna guess they know that these targets are in line with the number of players at each difficulty level.

So if i understand right, we need to mix the difficulty of our games this weekend and not just gold and platinum to win the allied goal? And do a lot more of bronze and silver? Well, not that isnt gonna be hard, credits gain will be slow that's all.

brace yourselves, lvl 20 with X weapons in bronze incoming

exYle

Balance changes:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
August 8, 2012
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enemy Shields and Barriers
- (Platinum) The delay before enemy shields/barriers start regenerating increased from 4 to 6 seconds

Cerberus Atlas and Geth Prime
- (Platinum) Max amount of shields regenerated increased from 65% to 75%
- (Platinum) Rate of shield regeneration increased from 16.5% to 20% per second

Cerberus Phantom
- (Platinum) Max amount of shields regenerated increased from 75% to 85%
- (Platinum) Rate of shield regeneration increased from 25% to 30% per second
- (Platinum) The force threshold to cause Phantoms to stagger lowered to Gold levels

Reaper Marauder and Cerberus Engineer, Turret, Nemesis, and Centurion
- (Platinum) Max amount of shields regenerated increased from 85% to 90%
- (Platinum) Rate of shield regeneration increased from 33% to 40% per second

Reaper Banshee
- (Platinum) Rate of shield regeneration increased from 16.5% to 20% per second

Geth Rocket Trooper, Hunter and Pyro
- (Platinum) Max amount of shields regenerated increased from 85% to 90%
- (Platinum) Rate of shield regeneration increased from 33% to 40% per second

Arc Grenade Power (Male Quarian)
- Base damage decreased from 450 to 400 to match the N7 Demolisher

Ballistic Blades Power
- Base damage increased from 800 to 900

N7 Piranha Shotgun
- Damage decreased from [70.9-88.7] to [61.7-77.1]

Ouch.

X-Frame

I need to ReSpec my Batarian Soldier now and pick bleed damage as opposed to explosive. I wonder what the damage will be now as it was already very high.

Also, replaying the SP again makes me wish that in some form all the new abilities that came post-launch with new characters make it into SP as bonus powers for Shep. Since there's so many now, I wish we could pick 2 bonus powers.

Also, replaying the SP again makes me wish that in some form all the new abilities that came post-launch with new characters make it into SP as bonus powers for Shep. Since there's so many now, I wish we could pick 2 bonus powers.

I actually tried to use Tali's support turret but the game only allowed me to use two sentries at the same time.

rozay

Banned
(Platinum) The force threshold to cause Phantoms to stagger lowered to Gold levels
thank god

I'm also glad that they didn't hit the weight or firing rate, I'm finding the gun to be invaluable on human adept and sentinel and other caster classes that rely on projectile powers. The gun has such a wide spread and fire rate that it's easy to trigger enemy rolling animations.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The Piranha nerf is nothing.

Kinda shocked that they'd bring the Quarian Male's Arc Grenade down to the Demolisher's level... That class is almost pointless now.

My current Me3 multiplayer experience consists of only Firebase white Geth gold...I am just unable to find any other map to play. Anyone playing anything else besides white?

Yeah I get it its easy to get a lot of creds to buy new packs to get new weapons to USE THOSE WEAPONS ON WHITE AGAIN TO BUY NEW PACKS TO GET NEW WEAP...

Try Glacier. If you get a demolisher/Salarian Engineer in that corner room and have shadows and slayers using their biotics that go through the walls and actually hit enemies, you can finish it in 20 min on Gold. Never a dull moment against Cerberus or Geth. The reapers will be interesting though.

Sai

When people play Gold/Platinum, they like to farm on a particular map—most of the randoms you'll meet online will be terrible at it.

If you can find a group of decent players, you won't have to stick to that stale routine.

EDarkness

When people play Gold/Platinum, they like to farm on a particular map—most of the randoms you'll meet online will be terrible at it.

If you can find a group of decent players, you won't have to stick to that stale routine.

Well, I have a rule that when I join a random if they're farming a specific faction or map, I simply leave. It's a stale way to play, but good players should be able to handle any faction and any map. Not to mention that I'm generally after EXP since I like to change characters.

Though, sometimes I'll do silly Firebase White on Gold with the Geth if I'm watching TV and really don't want to think about anything.

Gui_PT

I bet you're talking about me!

Mindlog

The Piranha nerf looks mild enough. I hope it doesn't get hit with the double nerf.

Particle Rifle stealth ammo buff is great.
brace yourselves, lvl 20 with X weapons in bronze incoming
This happened to my Demolisher once. I picked Glacier/Platinum and ended up on London/Bronze.
I dropped my Pylon in the middle of the map and threw my grenades at all the spawns killing everything.

Fuck this shit, why have the last 2 balance patches nerfed players and buffed AI.

Bioware just salty because of people solo'ing and farming platinum.

Fuck this shit, why have the last 2 balance patches nerfed players and buffed AI.

Bioware just salty because of people solo'ing and farming platinum.

yeah it's kinda turning me off from playing the game. the more frequent stomping especially is driving me nuts, so many matches ruined and i'm constantly out of medi-gel and no one else seems to have them either...

Stantron

The Indra VI on a Destroyer is excellent (the Typhoon is my side arm, lol). It's like an upgraded harrier with built in scope.

I've got about 20-25 of each of the level IV ammo/equip from PSPs. This is after using a lot of them already. Getting those non stop over ultra rares is kind of putting a damper on my desire to keep playing.

yeah it's kinda turning me off from playing the game. the more frequent stomping especially is driving me nuts, so many matches ruined and i'm constantly out of medi-gel and no one else seems to have them either...
agreed. also, my game has crashed on level 10 money rounds a few times now or ive been disconnected from ea.servers...not happy

The nerfing would be easier to take if the game wasn't still buggy and DLC was easier to get.

Omega

Banned
My current Me3 multiplayer experience consists of only Firebase white Geth gold...I am just unable to find any other map to play. Anyone playing anything else besides white?

Yeah I get it its easy to get a lot of creds to buy new packs to get new weapons to USE THOSE WEAPONS ON WHITE AGAIN TO BUY NEW PACKS TO GET NEW WEAP...

that sucks, what system do you play on?

does bioware think we're going to go play bronze silver just to get a commendation pack?

no thanks. those weapons aren't even useful.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
that sucks, what system do you play on?

does bioware think we're going to go play bronze silver just to get a commendation pack?

I thought it was the victory pack that had N7 weapons? I love the Hurricane though! If commendation packs dont have anything special this weekend, i wont bother with bronze or silver.

Mindlog

Hot UR streak again! Only 18 URs left (9 Typhoon.)
The Particle Rifle is really growing on me. Sometimes I wish I could carry more than 1 AR.

Back-to-back pub Unknown/Unknown/Gold games ended up on Rio with pubbies holding the middle. That dumb setup is really... fun. I was zooming all over the map with my Shadow slaying everything. Playing hide and stab with a bunch of Geth in the crates never gets old. Herding cats on Gold is infinitely more fun than herding cats on Platinum.

Debating on whether or not to start building a credit stash. I'll probably just start spending much less than I earn, but still buy an occasional pack hoping for my last Harrier upgrade or PBR/Typhoon upgrades.

Sai

Pffft~!

Crusader is by far the worst of them, and even it has it's merits as a long-range, precision shotgun with built-in cover/armor penetration—it's like a scopeless sniper.

I thought it was the victory pack that had N7 weapons?
Nah, the Commendation Packs do. I think the Victory Packs usually have a Rare/Ultra Rare?... Usually not really worth it.

There was one Operation that offered an additional N7 weapon in it's Victory Pack, which I was kind of excited about... But it failed. :(

They need to start doing that regularly, or start offering Collector Rifle unlocks or somethin'.

exYle

I thought it was the victory pack that had N7 weapons? I love the Hurricane though! If commendation packs dont have anything special this weekend, i wont bother with bronze or silver.

Other way around.

Pffft~!

Crusader is by far the worst of them, and even it has it's merits as a long-range, precision shotgun with built-in cover/armor penetration—it's like a scopeless sniper.

Eagle says hi

Sai

I haven't unlocked one yet, but I heard some folks speaking positively about it after the buff. Crusader hardly gets any love.

Eagle was definitely the worst of them before the changes. I never use it in single player.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Pffft~!

Nooope. All of those make it the best shotgun in the game, especially for Infiltrators (Disclaimer: Haven't got the Pirhana).

More damage per shot than the Valiant which just seems to tickle enemies most of the time. Also, fuck shotguns with ultra loose spread. CoD and Gears ruining it for everybody.

Nooope. All of those make it the best shotgun in the game, especially for Infiltrators (Disclaimer: Haven't got the Pirhana).

More damage per shot than the Valiant which just seems to tickle enemies most of the time. Also, fuck shotguns with ultra loose spread. CoD and Gears ruining it for everybody.

The piranha held by the destroyer is the best shotgun in the game. Awesome fire rate (Devastator mode) and with armor piercing rounds 2 clips and an Atlas is wasted.....but then it got nerfed :/

Sai

The piranha held by the destroyer is the best shotgun in the game. Awesome fire rate (Devastator mode) and with armor piercing rounds 2 clips and an Atlas is wasted.....but then it got nerfed :/
Still takes down an Atlas plenty fast.

Eagle is not garbage anymore. Does decent DPS. It shouldn't be a damn N7 promo weapon, though.
Ah, knew there was some positive talk about it.

I've seen a lot of people using it with the Turian Soldier.

EekTheKat

Operations weekend is off to a wonderful 0-2 start in Gold/London.

First game had a 10 year old with the giggles, and they couldn't get past wave 3. The group mocked me for trying to at least complete the hacking objective by using all the consumables I had, while the rest of them stayed dead.

Second game had a guy who specced his Krogan Soldier in dying or had a suicide button, since he dropped dead at the start of every round. Didn't get past 6.

edit : I absolutely LOATHE this matchmaking on PS3. It puts me back in the same game 5x in a row with the same people I wanted to avoid. The last time I hosted I literally got a crying baby joining my game - as in there was a baby screaming and crying up a storm over the mic. Since I was host I felt I had to at least stay to keep the game going for the other two victims that had to sit through that mess.

EekTheKat

Damn it.

Had a group that limped to wave 10, then one guy goes Offline. The replacement promptly joins the game on the extraction wave and gets himself killed dead.

No full extraction.

Mindlog

Also succeeded on my first attempt. Shadow/Piranha/Melee build. The Piranha is still very powerful.

Was rewarded with something awesome: Harrier X.

*Also the fix to Quarian Arc Grenades didn't do much to the Infiltrator. Three grenades can still kill a spawn.

EekTheKat

On wave 10 again, and didn't get it this time because we had a Kroguard stuck below the map out of the extract zone.

Completely ridiculous. .

Got it..finally.. Gold/London/Reaper...

On the way to the extract with 30 seconds left the guy in last place died at 10 seconds left, but he was at least aware enough to pop up a medigel and run for the extract. Had to resort to face melting Justicar to get it done.

I never did like London - there is a particular hacking objective in the middle of the courtyard that is near impossible vs Reapers on Gold, simply because of Marauders and Ravagers hitting you from extreme range, and management of the Brutes + Banshees on wave 10.

Forget about that in a random game.

Does doing a game solo and extracting count as a full extraction for the squad goal? I've played 3 bronze matches with different people each time just to try to get it out of the way and every single time there's been one player that decides that he's going to move just slightly out of the extraction zone when time runs out. They really REALLY need to have a screen on PS3 version that tells people about the operation weekends.

EekTheKat

Host playing as Kroguard vs Geth Gold on London. I totally forgot how great a Krogod was. Just needed some teammates that were relatively awake.

Max shields + stronghold level V + Cyclonic Modulator means you pretty much can't die outside of a sync kill or a series of very lucky hitstuns during combat.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
I'm kind of a noob on this multiplayer stuff... my last N7 weekend that I was on I didn't get the packs. I had the "upload info" thing up and all that, too. Do you have a time frame to collect your victory and commendation packs?

EekTheKat

I'm kind of a noob on this multiplayer stuff... my last N7 weekend that I was on I didn't get the packs. I had the "upload info" thing up and all that, too. Do you have a time frame to collect your victory and commendation packs?

They added a timer on the top of http://blog.bioware.com. Least no more guessing games as to how long you have to complete objectives.

When the packs are handed out (usually on Tuesday or Wednesday if there was a major problem) the timer on top of that page changes to how long you have to collect your packs.

exYle

On wave 10 again, and didn't get it this time because we had a Kroguard stuck below the map out of the extract zone.

Completely ridiculous. .

Got it..finally.. Gold/London/Reaper...

On the way to the extract with 30 seconds left the guy in last place died at 10 seconds left, but he was at least aware enough to pop up a medigel and run for the extract. Had to resort to face melting Justicar to get it done.
Host playing as Kroguard vs Geth Gold on London. I totally forgot how great a Krogod was. Just needed some teammates that were relatively awake.

Max shields + stronghold level V + Cyclonic Modulator means you pretty much can't die outside of a sync kill or a series of very lucky hitstuns during combat.

"Grrr Kroguard... yay Kroguard!"

Top Bottom