• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

In light of the impending Piranha nerf I squeezed out two Platinum White runs. Did you know a lone Geth Infiltrator can hold the stairwell on Platinum until at least Wave 7? Beats counter cowering.

I added my 4 Spectre Packs to the list. The first Spectre Pack had 5 Medi Gel, Strength Amp III, Human Adept, Pistol Amp III, and Incendiary Ammo 4. The other 3 were basically the same so +4 Packs and +4 lvl 4 consumables.
Yeah I got my last hurrah with the piranha in too. It is almost the BFG while on the Geth Infiltrator, I am going to miss it very much. Thanks for adding as well.

Platinum is easy as hell on any map. no need to squeeze out some FBW before the nerf.

No its not. You may be able to finish it, but id say 99% of people find it pretty damn difficult, rather than being "easy as hell"

The only way i ever finished platinum was by using a load of consumables and having a team which did the same.

Mindlog

Platinum is easy as hell on any map. no need to squeeze out some FBW before the nerf.
I still maintain that Platinum is much easier than most people believe. It's the objectives that end up busting my balls. Trying to hack with 3 dead teammates is hard as hell.

My last U/U/P was on London. After Wave 1 none of the other players had over 1,000 points -_-

My last W/U/P I finished without dying again.

Glacier/Platinum is my favorite combination, but it's hard to find a fun lobby with aggressive players. I might try Jade more often to see if that works. There was a time when Jade/Gold was an almost guaranteed great game.

Got a Cerberus Harrier +2. Its pretty devastating but man it eats ammo quickly. Useless unless you are a demolisher or at least next to one. The Destroyer kills it quick.

Still waiting for my damn Typhoon.. :/

Omega

Banned
No its not. You may be able to finish it, but id say 99% of people find it pretty damn difficult, rather than being "easy as hell"

The only way i ever finished platinum was by using a load of consumables and having a team which did the same.

You're right, easy as hell might have been a stretch but it's not difficult at all. Maybe it's because I play with a group of people instead of randoms and we have good teamwork + composition.

The only maps I haven't beaten Platinum on are Condor and London. Condor sucks balls and whenever we play London, we get a hack. Normally hacks aren't bad, but we get the one that's opposite of where you first spawn and that's a death trap. No matter how many missiles you shoot or how often you lead them away from the hack, they seem to always be in the hack zone within seconds.

I still maintain that Platinum is much easier than most people believe. It's the objectives that end up busting my balls. Trying to hack with 3 dead teammates is hard as hell.

My last U/U/P was on London. After Wave 1 none of the other players had over 1,000 points -_-

My last W/U/P I finished without dying again.

Glacier/Platinum is my favorite combination, but it's hard to find a fun lobby with aggressive players. I might try Jade more often to see if that works. There was a time when Jade/Gold was an almost guaranteed great game.

Yeah people seem to be overwhelmed and panic when they see Banshees, Atlas's and Pyros chasing them.

I normally play Salarian Eng, my favorite class. Decoy keeps everyone except Banshees and Brutes distracted. Sometimes we get lucky and a Banshee is too distracted by my Decoy so that buys us 30 seconds or so to take out the weaker enemies.

Otherwise I'm playing Shadow, and that class just destroys Platinum in my opinion. The only problem are Pyros, as it seems you instantly die if they look in your direction.

exYle

Balance changes have been delayed, but we got a preview:

We will not be releasing balance updates today but we hope to have them out as soon as possible.

Here is a preview of some of the changes this week:

Enemy shield regeneration mechanics on Platinum are being tweaked to increase the delay before shields/barriers start regenerating. Once they start regenerating, however, they will regenerate at a faster rate and up to a higher maximum. This is to give slow firing weapons more time to prevent the regeneration.

Piranha damage reduction.

Bound to happen I guess.

Omega

Banned
who is in charge of testing out these weapons? they clearly fail at their job.

I stopped playing before the first DLC came out and I've watched videos on YouTube that shows almost every weapon they've released being "broken" and them deciding to nerf it.

Samara

Tried the new weapons at the Citadel:

[Machine gun]Blood pack Punisher handles the same way as the Revenant,
[sniper]Indra is like...well like the Incisor just a bit slower. this one sucks.
[assault riffle]Cerberus riffle is so precise.

[assault riffle]Adas Syntetic is Reegar on drugs, I mean damn!

Mindlog

Dman, ruining my Piranha fun. Crossed 200k (by a lot) for the first time in a fixed setting random lobby.

2 Spectre Packs. S.o.S.
After enough crappy Specrtre Packs I caved and bought my first PSP in a long time. It had a level 4 consumable and an ultra-rare.
I did it. I finally did it.
Wraith IX.
Victory Achieved!

*Is the document correct? There should be a lot more lvl 4 stuff.

Mindlog

That Adas Rifle is ridiculous. D:
As in good? On Insanity?

While we cooked/ate dinner a friend earned me some credits. I used them and everything I had saved to buy 5 PSPs.
Gears are indicated by a small g.
Level 4 consumables are underlined.
URs are bolded.

5ops AR3 gEKV CM4 gCU4
5ops CM3 SP3 AP4 CM 4
5rok SR3 gDA4 WR4 BW9
5MG PA3 DR3 TY1 AR4
5ops SE3 WR3 IR4 DR4

Thank you Piranha for making this all possible.

Sai

As in good? On Insanity?
Yeah, on Insanity... Took quite a few rounds to get an Atlas down, but it sheared through the Troopers 'n Centurions like nothin'. It's projectiles have some tiny splash damage, so it could be useful for priming Tech Explosions.

[EDIT] - Correction: Jacks up an Atlas more than well enough too. XD The first one I tried taking down was in the middle of a smokescreen, and it seems I wasn't hitting it as accurately as I thought I was.

The Punisher packs a very nice punch. The vertical climb seems to spike occasionally when the AP round comes in. Wouldn't be surprised if they make it an Ultra Rare for multiplayer.

That Adas Rifle is ridiculous. D:

It's awesome. They need to bring it over into multiplayer if only just because the aesthetics are delicious, not to mention it blowing through the lower class enemies. It's a gun that shoots out Geth heavy melees, I mean who doesn't want that?

Mindlog

^ Thanks for the codes. I just redeemed and got a ton of space bucks.
NP.

I don't really feel like playing single player ever again, but Mass Effect DLC tends to be some of the best missions they put out (BdtS, Overlord, Kasumi, Shadow Broker.)

*I always felt like there was something extra about the Talon that made me like using it so much more than other heavy pistols. Now maybe I know. It has a small bonus to shields and barriers.
M-358 Talon Pistol (Armor=100%, Barrier=150%, Shields=150%)

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/347/index/9822648#13558922

X-Frame

NP.

I don't really feel like playing single player ever again, but Mass Effect DLC tends to be some of the best missions they put out (BdtS, Overlord, Kasumi, Shadow Broker.)

*I always felt like there was something extra about the Talon that made me like using it so much more than other heavy pistols. Now maybe I know. It has a small bonus to shields and barriers.
M-358 Talon Pistol (Armor=100%, Barrier=150%, Shields=150%)

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/347/index/9822648#13558922

100-150% is a "small" bonus? Seems pretty big to me.

I only have a Talon II, but maybe I'll start using it more, especially now with Ultralight Pistol Materials.

EDIT: Just saw the rest of the list, I guess you're right -- it is small compared to the rest of the weapons. I thought it was compared to 0%, not 100%.

Samara

fuckin firebase white.

how are people not tired of that yet? i instantly quit whenever that map comes up. i'm tired of it. it sucks. it's not even the best farming map

just the best farming map for scrubs

well it's the only place where the ennemies flock out of the same area. Its also safe cause it forces the team to stay in one area.

Also has anyone experienced this?: if you press square or dodge when a Banshee stabs you...you don't die. I've tried it 3 times in one map so I don't know if it occured to anybody else

Nori Chan

If you damage a banshee enough, she will drop you.

I'm pretty sure you got lucky and you shouldn't try testing that method again lol

Omega

Banned
well it's the only place where the ennemies flock out of the same area. Its also safe cause it forces the team to stay in one area.

firebase glacier - if you go downstairs..there's only two ways they can get to you. the only way they'll ever even get near you is the stairs closest to extraction. unless you're all using predator 1's they're not making it down the other stairs.

firebase rio - go to the area where the crates are. occassionally enemies might spawn in that tank area to the right but that's easily remedied by putting someone in that area when the wave starts. other than that, have to walk out in the open to get to you. they will almost never even make it past the steps.

firebase reactor - this one is simple, just stay in the area by spawn. if you have a salarian eng you can just put a decoy between the crate and the wall to the right of spawn and every enemy will get stuck, even Banshees don't go through it. then just kill every enemy that comes through the reactor. if you don't have one, just have two people watch the right and two the reactor.

i don't feel like going through every map except condor and london have "safe zones" at least in my opinion. if someone can prove me wrong with those two maps then go ahead. the places people run to leave you screwed if you get overrun.

EekTheKat

Javerlin X lol

PSP's can be strange sometimes.

Not exactly the UR I wanted to hit X first, but guess it's time to dust off the sniper kit especially since I have a surplus of sniper rifle consumables too.

Cat Party

Saw this in a nerf-bitching thread on BW forums:

24603111.jpg

Also has anyone experienced this?: if you press square or dodge when a Banshee stabs you...you don't die. I've tried it 3 times in one map so I don't know if it occured to anybody else

I had the opposite of this.

Basically, i saw a banshee. I shot her 4 times with the piranha and then moved away from her. i was about maybe 10-15 feet (scale wise) away from her. My destroyer stopped moving, i started hovering towards her (like a tractor beam almost) where i was promptly executed. It was the most bullshit thing ive ever seen in this game. It happened while i was shooting her from a safe distance - its like she used a force grab on me.

You're right, easy as hell might have been a stretch but it's not difficult at all. Maybe it's because I play with a group of people instead of randoms and we have good teamwork + composition.

Fair enough man. Im always playing with randoms. id say 20% of the time i have a good team, but i guess its difficult if you dont know anyone and few people are wearing headsets. If you are working with 3 other players who are in sync and communicating im sure it would be more managable.

I wish my XBL mates were into this game so id have a decent team to play with.

Omega

Banned
Fair enough man. Im always playing with randoms. id say 20% of the time i have a good team, but i guess its difficult if you dont know anyone and few people are wearing headsets. If you are working with 3 other players who are in sync and communicating im sure it would be more managable.

I wish my XBL mates were into this game so id have a decent team to play with.

then yeah, it is difficult.

i get teammates that can't even beat gold when i play with randoms. i cant imagine playing plat with randoms

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Did they nerf the Paladin omni-shield? I tried guarding someone while they deactivated an indoctrination device, and Prime blasts just outright ignored it.

the shield guards you from direct hits - not from flanking hits or splash damage from teammates being hit

Nori Chan

Operation OLYMPUS has been announced

Operation-OLYMPUS1-1024x602.jpg
Operation OLYMPUS (August 10th-12th)

Increased Reaper activity has been reported around London. Operation OLYMPUS will focus large-scale strikes on the Reapers to buy the Resistance time to investigate.

Squad Goal: Full extraction from Firebase London using any Kit on any difficulty

Allied Goal: Using any Kit/ Map combination against any enemy, complete wave 10 on a combined community total of 200,000 Bronze missions, 175,000 Silver missions and 70,000 Gold missions.

Special Circumstance: None

Squad Goal Success: All squad members awarded a Commendation Pack
Allied Goal Success: All players awarded a Victory Pack

Requirement: Mass Effect: Earth must be installed

Mindlog

Finished collecting all the Earth DLC gear when I got the Adaptive War Amp V. Time to save up credits for whatever Bioware has next in store.

My ME3 Multiplayer Manifest
I like the rumors of a new faction and co-op missions. I want to start saving, but there are still pieces of gear (2 Juggernaut Shield, 3 Barrage) and URs (Typhoon, Harrier and Particle Rifle) I want to upgrade. I'm probably going to start passive saving and then when full details leak I'll go Scrooge McDuck. Might even farm again.

So what is a kit? the instant regen ammo and the instant shield regen?
It's Canadian for loadout.

My current Me3 multiplayer experience consists of only Firebase white Geth gold...I am just unable to find any other map to play. Anyone playing anything else besides white?

Yeah I get it its easy to get a lot of creds to buy new packs to get new weapons to USE THOSE WEAPONS ON WHITE AGAIN TO BUY NEW PACKS TO GET NEW WEAP...

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So if i understand right, we need to mix the difficulty of our games this weekend and not just gold and platinum to win the allied goal? And do a lot more of bronze and silver? Well, not that isnt gonna be hard, credits gain will be slow that's all.

Top Bottom