• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
We're going to be working this weekend for the fastest platinum time with the Piranha.

So far we've gotten 11:30-ish. Not going to post it except for a screen shot in fear of nerfing lol.

Wave 7 is proving to be the most difficult as far as managing the amount of time it takes - the Geth Hunters and Phantoms immediately move as soon as they spawn, which makes it hard to get killstreaks.

Dont worry, Bioware probably do not read this forum since too many people dont like them. :p

If anything, someone on BSN probably already did post videos of something similar ha.

Players with a N7 rating above 1000 dont give a shit about my lowly 390 thankfully. But then again i do not dare to touch Platinum with pugs, maybe they're more tolerant on Gold than over there.

my meaningless N7 level has been 120 for weeks and weeks because i don't see the point in promoting characters. i joined a Platinum lobby a few days ago and i was literally laughed out. at least 2 people burst out laughing for 2-3 seconds and then i was kicked.

felt bad man.

Gui_PT

my meaningless N7 level has been 120 for weeks and weeks because i don't see the point in promoting characters. i joined a Platinum lobby a few days ago and i was literally laughed out. at least 2 people burst out laughing for 2-3 seconds and then i was kicked.

felt bad man.

Eh people kick for the stupidest reasons.

I got kicked because I was sitting in a lobby with the N7 Shadow and they didn't want another Electric Slash spammer...

I've been kicked for "stealing all the points" before.

That is, like, the best thing to be kicked for. I remember back when we were matched based on N7 level and during a silver match this guy was throwing oh so many fits over me sitting at the top of Dagger sniping everything and not letting him spend like 20 seconds going from one end of the map to the other just so he can get Krogan Rage, promptly kicked me after the match, rejoined due to the N7 matching, and throughout the match used lash on all the enemies he was trying to ram with his Krogan. It was glorious.

I think the only time I really let Krogan/Vorcha get their kills is if I'm in a bronze match because of how laid back you can be. Otherwise I'm not going to let an enemy live to possibly reduce my or my teammate's shields/health.

exYle

Just earlier today I soloed two waves, including an objective wave. By wave 7 I had ran out of medigel and survival op packs. Because I couldn't revive myself, we lost later that wave.

I was then kicked.

Fucking randoms

I hate how there's no limit for the N7 score, it's caused people to be real doucebags. I have an N7 of 207, overtime I want to play gold I get into a lobby of guys with 5000 and they kick me. It's like they think a high N7 automatically makes you amazing. It doesn't, I've seen people with 4 figure N7 scores suck worse than a guy with three figure N7 scores. Other than that it's pretty fun, I love the geth infiltrator.

Thank you for posting this. I just started playing gold a little while ago and my rating is around 100 and I get kicked all the time when I join with randoms and I couldnt figure out why.

Thank you for posting this. I just started playing gold a little while ago and my rating is around 100 and I get kicked all the time when I join with randoms and I couldnt figure out why.
kicking for n7 rating is stupid. however I kick if someone has a shityy low level weapon and wants to play gold

kicking for n7 rating is stupid. however I kick if someone has a shityy low level weapon and wants to play gold

I get all my builds for either the bioware site or the me3multiplayer.com site, so I dont think that is the problem. I have a bunch of weapons leveld up to 10 and I use a lot of builds that dont really depend on the equipped weapon like Fury and Shadow.

Nori Chan

Fuck you guys

I kick low level n7 guys out all the time. Like today, where I saw a lvl 1 soldier with an n7 rating of 1 join my unknown unknown platinum lobby.

ok the banshees on gold now are ridiculous. executions from 3 gun lengths away? its happening all the time to me now. same as executions from cerberus 2s after you go down...

EYEL1NER

So I ended up starting MP at midnight or so and I have to say, this game is fucking fun. It makes me wish I had started playing at launch when I bought it. I'm using a male Vanguard at the moment; about level 18 or so.
I still have some stuff to learn, like what N7 rank is and things like that. And I need to get some good weapons, since everyone I have played with decimated every enemy before I can do anything to them.
But it had been a great 4 hours or so. I didn't think this would pull me away from Homefront MP, which I also just started, but it had. Now I have to balance single player and MP in this games though.

So I ended up starting MP at midnight or so and I have to say, this game is ****ing fun. It makes me wish I had started playing at launch when I bought it. I'm using a male Vanguard at the moment; about level 18 or so.
I still have some stuff to learn, like what N7 rank is and things like that. And I need to get some good weapons, since everyone I have played with decimated every enemy before I can do anything to them.
But it had been a great 4 hours or so. I didn't think this would pull me away from Homefront MP, which I also just started, but it had. Now I have to balance single player and MP in this games though.

N7 rank is a reflection of how many levels you have gained total (between each class). To increase it more after hitting the level cap, you have to advance characters and start fresh from level 1.

So I ended up starting MP at midnight or so and I have to say, this game is fucking fun. It makes me wish I had started playing at launch when I bought it. I'm using a male Vanguard at the moment; about level 18 or so.

Play on bronze for a while and buy veteran packs. Once bronze gets a bit easy move up to silver and then some.

Once you get to gold, you may need to use consumables and have decent weapons but you can get through silver without either.

Work out which class is best for you, but note Vanguard is very good for bronze/silver, but on gold you will get some difficulties doing the charge/nova spam over and over.

I personally feel the new N7 characters are much better than the previous ones.

X-Frame

The N7 Rating system was a dumb idea to begin with, and BW should have predicted this would happen. An N7 of 120 could have played 3x as more as someone who is an N7 of 1000 -- yet most people aren't smart enough to judge the person by their weapons and loadout to see if they are indeed experienced or not.

It really should be hidden, I think.

Gui_PT

The N7 Rating system was a dumb idea to begin with, and BW should have predicted this would happen. An N7 of 120 could have played 3x as more as someone who is an N7 of 1000 -- yet most people aren't smart enough to judge the person by their weapons and loadout to see if they are indeed experienced or not.

It really should be hidden, I think.

It's a good idea to make people continue playing the game. Promoting characters and raising your rating feels nice but you're right, probably should've been hidden since it became a reason to discriminate.

It's a good idea to make people continue playing the game. Promoting characters and raising your rating feels nice but you're right, probably should've been hidden since it became a reason to discriminate.

to be honest, i wouldn't want to play with people who kick over an N7 rating anyway. so i don't mind being kicked from Gold lobbies because i'm level 120. their loss lol.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

And I swear the Ultra-Rare drop / N7 Rating thing is complete bullshit

Also, in Gold lobbies I kick if I see a couple of things. 1) Completely idiotic weapon setup. 2) Rating below 100 (because if you aren't familiar with at least most of the classes, then you're probably still getting surprised by a lot of shit). and 3) if in the previous game you were worthless or a complete hindrance - and that can happen in a bunch of ways. playing hide and dont kill me with a banshee, not hitting objectives, finishing the match with fewer than 30,000, bringing a viper 1 into a platinum lobby, getting 1hit ko'd every round, etc...

Mindlog

Got my ass kicked in score on Gold for the first time I can remember. Granted I was playing with an off-host Paladin vs a Scorpion Gethfiltrator. Also 3rd and 4th were way behind us. They really didn't have a chance to see many enemies. Still.

The very best players that want to run up the score on Glacier always seem to start right in front of the tiny room. It messes up the spawn a bit, but makes it really easy to reach a bunch of spawns quickly. I tried my Scorpion Geth for the first time in a while and found another bonus for starting there; The angles make it much easier to fire then cloak for max Scorpion damage.

RNG:
UyaJ8.png

Mindlog

I don't know how up to date these stats are.
CAYzw.png

For some reason only having 3 rounds irritates me a lot more than having 4. I tend to use the Talon on everything that needs a pistol.

Rare drops have been nothing but rank IV consumables the past few days. Maybe I really should just start banking credits... :/
That's how I ended up with 7m credits for the last DLC. I would be doing it too if I knew there was a DLC coming. I bought a lot of Spectre Packs for just a couple of mods and a Javelin X.

I need Shotgun Amps. With I could trade some of my SMG and Sniper amps.

Sai

Rare drops have been nothing but rank IV consumables the past few days. Maybe I really should just start banking credits... :/

Gui_PT

I usually but one pack at a time and get consumables.

Last time I saved up for two and the second pack got me a black widow.

Imma start saving up and then buy like 10 packs at the same time. I'm sure I'll be pissed off, but who knows...

X-Frame

I feel like Spectre Packs are much more worth it now that I have maxed out nearly all of the Rare and below content. I don't see the reason to go for PSP's when the IV consumables seem to have a higher drop rate than Uncommon Gear.

X-Frame

I was kind of hoping that with the Leviathan announcement that they would also announce some playable Ex-Reaper forces to join our MP ranks. We have Geth, Cerberus, and all that is missing is Reaper vs. Reaper.

Maybe down the road after Leviathan has come out and BW has gotten their money.

EYEL1NER

N7 rank is a reflection of how many levels you have gained total (between each class). To increase it more after hitting the level cap, you have to advance characters and start fresh from level 1.

Play on bronze for a while and buy veteran packs. Once bronze gets a bit easy move up to silver and then some.

Once you get to gold, you may need to use consumables and have decent weapons but you can get through silver without either.

Work out which class is best for you, but note Vanguard is very good for bronze/silver, but on gold you will get some difficulties doing the charge/nova spam over and over.

I personally feel the new N7 characters are much better than the previous ones.
Cool, thanks for the posts. I thought that maybe that is what the N7 rank meant but I wasn't sure since I had read here that people boot others over it and if I was right about that being what it was, then it would have been a stupid thing to kick people over.

I've only done one silver and that was because the leader of the bronze lobby I was in decided to bump it up after a game or two. We made it to wave 10 and all died, so it kind of sucked. I didn't really have anything at the time that could deal with Banshees.

Thanks for the tip on playing higher difficulties and also about playing as Vanguard. I'm going to start playing silver and level him up a bit and then try some other classes I think. I just need to get lucky with weapon drops. Everyone had such great weapons. I'll be getting shit for kills so I will split off on my own to a further away area than they can quickly get to. Wave starts and a tin of enemies are near me, I throw out a biotic power and start shooting, and then fucking sniper shots and other rounds from who the fuck knows where cascade in and kill all the enemies, leaving me with like 1 or 2.
I'm don't expect that they give me kills or anything but I am a bit upset that I keep getting grouped into bronze lobbies with people having super-high N7 ranks and godtier weapons. I think I have finished one match above 30,000.

Quick question to anyone though: Is there anyway to see stats beyond the medals at the end of a match? I would like to know like how many kills I got or times I went down. But all I usually get is a medal for 'X' assists and '25 Kills,' and have to guess what I got. I would also like to see exactly what these dudes getting '75 kill' medal are doing stat-wise in the match, like how many headshots, the balance they use between powers and guns, etc.
Am I just stupid or is there nothing more in-depth than medals? If not it kinda sucks, but I guess it keeps people who care a ton and place importance on KDR and stuff out of the game.

Bisnic

Be careful with Vanguards though, if you're not the host and you die WHILE using Biotic Charge, there's a good chance you might glitch after being revived and go through floors or fly in the sky without being able to do shit for the rest of the game.

And no, there's no way to see more stats than what medals says.

Since your guns sucks, you might do better with a class that do not depend too much on them, like an Adept or Human Sentinel, since they're better at using powers, and powers always have the same strength no matter the gun you're using, but stick with light weapons for short cooldowns.

EYEL1NER

Edit: So I am super-dumb. I haven't been playing Vanguard at all! I've been an adept this whole time!!! Certainly explains why I do t have the abilities you guys are talking about. I roll a Vanguard in campaign and was planning on starting a Vanguard in MP so I just got mixed up is all. Now I have some advice for when I start playing Vanguard though, lol.

Right now I've been pretty much spamming warp and shockwave, since my cool down times are absolutely ludicrously low. While using them I am using my SMG or Pistol. In thinking about only rolling SMG though since I am using Pistol less and less it seems. I've been saving consumables for when I start doing Silver runs so I don't use any badass ammo buffs or anything.
I don't know if I'm playing Adept wrong or not but when I get caught on my own I can hold my own pretty well. And when it's me and some guy, we can fuck up Atlas mech pretty quick (though he could probably take the mech without my help).

Edit 2: What I've been doing on bronze is throwing out a singularity and then immediately after, a warp so I can get a biotic explosion. If they survive it then the lasting warp finishes them off or a burst from my Shuriken does. Enemies with shields or armor just gets continuous warps and SMG fire. I abandoned my pistol do the recharge time in warp is almost nonexistent.

Sai

Ex-Reapers? Like... Husks 'n crap? That would make even less sense than the whole stash of Prothean cryo chambers folks were suggesting before. XD

GSR

Haven't played super seriously since launch, but I gave things a whirl last weekend. Opened up my packs last night and got a Valiant and the N7 Fury.

Holy shit at the Fury, I'm Jean Goddamn Grey or some shit like that. So squishy though.

rozay

Banned
Edit: So I am super-dumb. I haven't been playing Vanguard at all! I've been an adept this whole time!!! Certainly explains why I do t have the abilities you guys are talking about. I roll a Vanguard in campaign and was planning on starting a Vanguard in MP so I just got mixed up is all. Now I have some advice for when I start playing Vanguard though, lol.

Right now I've been pretty much spamming warp and shockwave, since my cool down times are absolutely ludicrously low. While using them I am using my SMG or Pistol. In thinking about only rolling SMG though since I am using Pistol less and less it seems. I've been saving consumables for when I start doing Silver runs so I don't use any badass ammo buffs or anything.
I don't know if I'm playing Adept wrong or not but when I get caught on my own I can hold my own pretty well. And when it's me and some guy, we can fuck up Atlas mech pretty quick (though he could probably take the mech without my help).

Edit 2: What I've been doing on bronze is throwing out a singularity and then immediately after, a warp so I can get a biotic explosion. If they survive it then the lasting warp finishes them off or a burst from my Shuriken does. Enemies with shields or armor just gets continuous warps and SMG fire. I abandoned my pistol do the recharge time in warp is almost nonexistent.
I don't actually use singularity much on the human adept because of the lack of enemies on Gold that don't have shields, and I usually just run around warping and shockwaving. Btw, the Radius upgrade for rank 4 shockwave is bugged and doesn't work and can even cause your shockwave attack to not register on an enemy.

You should try the Sentinel, they're very similar but you have throw instead of Shockwave and if you spec tech armor for defense they're pretty tanky on bronze and silver. I actually like the detonations more than damage reductions after all the buffs it's gotten.

Best thing about the biotic human starter classes is they're all viable even if your guns are bad. Just keep as high of a cooldown bonus as you can. if you try sentinel, max throw first as that will be your damage dealer against unprotected enemies, and between warp->throw comboes the only shooting you really need to do is to get them to dodge your bullets before you launch a biotic projectile, rather than launching a projectile and having them dodge it

EYEL1NER

Alright. I think I'll give the Sentinel a go later. I tried the Fury and she felt powerful but took damage so fast. Goddamn glass cannon.
One more question I guess. What do weapon upgrades change?
I'm up to a Shuriken VI right now. It has gotten really light, weight-wise, but nothing else has changed. Everytime I see a new lvl of it in a pack I get excited, thinking it will be stronger. But the damage looks like it had stayed the same. Do weapons not get stronger? Or do the SMGs only increase in very small amounts?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Alright. I think I'll give the Sentinel a go later. I tried the Fury and she felt powerful but took damage so fast. Goddamn glass cannon.
One more question I guess. What do weapon upgrades change?
I'm up to a Shuriken VI right now. It has gotten really light, weight-wise, but nothing else has changed. Everytime I see a new lvl of it in a pack I get excited, thinking it will be stronger. But the damage looks like it had stayed the same. Do weapons not get stronger? Or do the SMGs only increase in very small amounts?

Yeah, you really won't notice SMG damage until near the end of its progression. Also, the Shruiken's damage is just pretty shameful all around. Still, you're on the right track - abilities/powers over weapon damage is the way to go the majority of the time.

Weapon Upgrades change weight, total ammo, and damage

Bisnic

I just had the Robot Escort glitch and disappear just when it was about to enter the extraction zone on fucking Wave 10 on fucking gold. Everyone had to die for the game to end.

What bullshit. :mad:

In other news, i got all characters maxed, yay. Now all i can get are rare mods, gear, ammo powers and ultra rares. Hopefully that doesnt mean i will see lots of PSP with 2 rare ammo powers.

Top Bottom