• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

EekTheKat

"Grrr Kroguard... yay Kroguard!"

Heh..key difference is I wasn't playing the Kroguard in the first post. When I get hit by the Vanguard glitch I leave regardless of the round I'm in, that other guy stuck around for 4 rounds and cost the rest of the group a full extraction towards this weekend's ops.

had one guy in our group who would.not stop burping loudly.into the mic. someone on the squad asked.him nicely if hed stop burping so loudly. 2s later you hear shuffling then a massive fart right into the mic. I didnt have a mic but I laughed. the rest.of the squad tried to kick.him next round..

EDarkness

I'm confused. What are the actual requirements for this operation?

I know London and any difficulty. Does it HAVE to be Reapers? Does it have to be a full extraction?

For the community goal is it wave 10 finished, but a partial extraction is okay? Any enemy?

I really think they should be clearer on these things.

Mindlog

I'm confused. What are the actual requirements for this operation?

I know London and any difficulty. Does it HAVE to be Reapers? Does it have to be a full extraction?

For the community goal is it wave 10 finished, but a partial extraction is okay? Any enemy?

I really think they should be clearer on these things.
I'm several shots of Patron in and I can still easily tell you everything about the Operation :p The important actual requirements of the Operation are that you earn the 'Full Extract' medal on London. Everything else is irrelevant**. I sort of feel empathy for whoever it is that writes up the operations. No matter what that person does they are misunderstood at some point (gender neutral pre-edit.)

*I just took my Krogurad on White/Geth/Gold. He's invincible and I try to coerce traditional farmers out of their hidey-hole. I easily earned the Gold Revive medal and for my efforts I was rewarded with a Particle Rifle V. It's weird how 'Feast-or-Famine' I am with the store. I am absolutely killing it with URs and now the possibility exists that I will max my manifest before the next MP DLC hits :D

ps Particle Rifle is guddamn awesome (sic, even for the Brits that complain about the overuse of awesome.)

EDarkness

I'm several shots of Patron in and I can still easily tell you everything about the Operation :p The important actual requirements of the Operation are that you earn the 'Full Extract' medal on London. Everything else is irrelevant. I sort of feel empathy for whoever it is that writes up the operations. No matter what that person does they are misunderstood at some point (gender neutral pre-edit.)

Hmm...looking on their site again, I see that it says Full Extraction from London, but it doesn't say which enemy. To me that would mean any enemy is fine, but at the top of the page it says Reapers. There are three enemies in the game and Reapers are one of them unless they group them all together as "Reapers" even though they're Geth, Cerberus, and the Reapers themselves.

The Allied goal is confusing as well. It says...

"Using any Kit/ Map combination against any enemy, complete wave 10 on a combined community total of 200,000 Bronze missions, 175,000 Silver missions and 70,000 Gold missions."

If someone doesn't know what a "kit" is, then they're already in trouble. Then it talks about completing wave 10, but does that mean if someone finishes wave 10 then drops out of the game, then that counts? Is even a partial extraction necessary? There are details missing and it's easy for people to not fully understand what they're talking about. Being clearer and giving examples would go a long way to make sure everyone understands what's going on. I think we missed the goal a few weeks ago because their description wasn't clear.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
These packs are my kind of packs.

tqkgp.jpg

I love how even simple descriptions are glitched. Oh ME3...

My rare gears are looking good, i want Juggernault Shield maxed next for my N7 Shadow.

X-Frame

The Batarian Soldier's Ballstic Blades do over 2,000 damage per shot, geez. I just got Full Extraction on London running around with him on Silver like a maniac just nuking everything that came within a few meters of me. It was a lot of fun.

Melchiah

had one guy in our group who would.not stop burping loudly.into the mic. someone on the squad asked.him nicely if hed stop burping so loudly. 2s later you hear shuffling then a massive fart right into the mic. I didnt have a mic but I laughed. the rest.of the squad tried to kick.him next round..

Haha! The wonders of online gaming.

Omega

Banned
I finally unlocked the N7 Slayer.

How should I spec him? The only people I've seen use him spam Biotic Slash and I'm pretty sure that's not how he's supposed to be used considering I see people spamming Electric Slash with the Shadow and wonder wtf they're doing

The Batarian Soldier's Ballstic Blades do over 2,000 damage per shot, geez. I just got Full Extraction on London running around with him on Silver like a maniac just nuking everything that came within a few meters of me. It was a lot of fun.

seriously? i tried it last night and for me the ballistic blades did barely any dmg, several times i noticed they took only about 1/3 of a regular troopers health... and that was on silver. i wasn't too far away either, i went up close. they're specced for max dmg i think, and for the bleed effect.

wtf am i doing wrong? wouldn't be surprised if it was a glitch though..

I finally unlocked the N7 Slayer.

How should I spec him? The only people I've seen use him spam Biotic Slash and I'm pretty sure that's not how he's supposed to be used considering I see people spamming Electric Slash with the Shadow and wonder wtf they're doing

Spec everything melee, charge for full recharge, and everything else is up to you. I personally go full biotic slash with first three levels for the phaser thingy (since it is a guaranteed stun lock on enemies). Use charge + heavy melee for individual enemies, but stay back and use guns/phaser/biotic slash on mobs. The Slayer's best advantage is his agility (with teleport dodge) but he is super squishy, so you don't want to put yourself anywhere where an enemy can stun lock you. Also, heavy melee is like a super short rage shadow strike (minus invisibility).

Bisnic

Is it normal that some of the new weapon mods cannot be use together with the damage mod? Like the pistol headshot damage and smg high-velocity ones?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Honestly I wouldn't even bother with the Slayer's melee.... glass cannon b build, full on power damage, 6 points in fitness total

Sai

Maybe if they offered better stuff in their Victory Packs, the community would have more incentive to pick up the slack.

I pretty much called it quits after I snagged a couple of PSPs, and met the conditions for the Commendation Pack.

Bisnic

They shouldn't have asked for all difficulties like that. Just 70k gold would have been enough.

Maybe they decided to make an impossible goal just to give us a "funny" consequence for the next event. :lol

I am so pissed about not meeting the goal. I have been on playing a ton the last 2 days, but most of my time has been spent sitting in lobbies waiting for people to join on gold. They really should have counted each person that completed wave 10.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Maybe if they offered better stuff in their Victory Packs, the community would have more incentive to pick up the slack.

I pretty much called it quits after I snagged a couple of PSPs, and met the conditions for the Commendation Pack.

Yeah fuck it

I'm not gonna put in work just to get another ammo IV and eagle upgrade

Tsukumo

I am so pissed about not meeting the goal. I have been on playing a ton the last 2 days, but most of my time has been spent sitting in lobbies waiting for people to join on gold. They really should have counted each person that completed wave 10.

for some reason I've found out you get more gold matches selecting a specific enemy, and a specific map. Not at the same time, either one or the other.
I don't mind the allied goal. Once you get the victory pack the main draw of the events is there's more people playing the game. And commendation sounds so...condescending ^_^ who needs that.
I'd rather they keep patching the game (if only), buffing/debuffing, and planning a strictly multiplayer sequel within a year with cooperative story mission, more maps and fixed skill trees (biotics having power buff after heavy melee, human and quarian infiltrator with better abilities, entire revision of Krogan rage mode). I'd gladly pay another forty euros to not have to put up with this mess of a multiplayer mode.

Omega

Banned
Operation Olympus Update

"Operation Olympus update - 33% Bronze goal met, 28% Silver goal met, 30% Gold goal met. Keep fighting, the battle can still be won!"

More like fission mailed.

lo no where even close

thought gold would be higher from all the geth farmers.

Honestly I wouldn't even bother with the Slayer's melee.... glass cannon b build, full on power damage, 6 points in fitness total

why do you say this?

Mindlog

Yeah, I had a lot of fun abusing invincibility frames, but Phase Disruptor is much more effective than I first gave it credit for.

Also for N7 melee it's really hard to beat the Shadow.

I tried Destroyer/Indra/Particle Rifle on Gold. The Particle Rifle is a lot of fun and does a solid amount of damage. The first buff and further stealth buffs really helped. Thinking about using a respec on my Geth Infiltrator to try the Indra with it. I'm going to start soft-saving until I get to 2 million credits. I only have 15 URs to unlock (9 Typhoon, 1 BW, 5 PR) and 9 pieces of rare gear.

Lastly: Krogan Vanguard + Demolisher = Michael Bay.

Yeah fuck it

I'm not gonna put in work just to get another ammo IV and eagle upgrade

I just read the update. *sigh*
Did my part, even though people kept getting mad because I was "Stealing points".

Been having a lot of fun with my Demolisher. Just a points machine with infinite ammo and grenades.

Also for N7 melee it's really hard to beat the Shadow.

Yep, she's probably still my favorite. Just a ton of fun to fuck up Phantoms with a sword.

Replicant

They have unrealistic goals. Those numbers are way too high.

I agree. One would think that there are less and less people are playing the MP these days because at this point most have completed ME3 SP and move on to other games. So Bioware should adjust their expectations accordingly.

mini heart attack, all my earth chars were blocked! so I had to go to the main menu again, wait and refresh the servers.
EDIT: the servers are acting strange on the 360 version

Well, I did my part for the day, full extraction all but twice because someone got owned by a Banshee, then another got owned by 2 Brutes and a Banshee.

The Harrier is aptly named. Just about everything falls to this gun quickly.

Bisnic

Well, I did my part for the day, full extraction all but twice because someone got owned by a Banshee, then another got owned by 2 Brutes and a Banshee.

The Harrier is aptly named. Just about everything falls to this gun quickly.

I have yet to see what the Harrier is all about... fucking Ultra rares being ultra rares. :mad:

But with the only rares left to unlock being gear... i dont feel like wasting credits anymore when i have a high chance of getting 2 ammo powers IV... thus also reducing my chances of getting ultra rares to zero in the process.

Where are our monthly multiplayer DLC leak? I think its about time now.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Where are our monthly multiplayer DLC leak? I think its about time now.

After the Earth DLC came out BioWare noted on some panel (Comic Con maybe?) that they didn't have any concrete plans for more DLC, and that they might make some if it continues to be popular. Earth appears to be the last for now.

Bisnic

After the Earth DLC came out BioWare noted on some panel (Comic Con maybe?) that they didn't have any concrete plans for more DLC, and that they might make some if it continues to be popular. Earth appears to be the last for now.

Really? I thought i heard that they wanted to added more missions that would look more like campaign ones (although i have no idea what that means) but it was still nothing set in stone.

Guess i should just spend those credits if they're not going to add anything soon... Gear upgrades and Ultra rares will appear eventually.

But there is so many weapons and characters right now, they're probably out of ideas. :p Time to add new enemies and modes hopefully.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
*shrug* Maybe they were being coy, or just didn't know. Pretty sure it was the Comic Con panel though. They didn't outright say there wouldn't be any more DLC, but what they were saying implied they didn't have any plans for the time being, and future DLC would depend on popularity.

I do hope there's more to come though, and a F2P release.

*shrug* Maybe they were being coy, or just didn't know. Pretty sure it was the Comic Con panel though. They didn't outright say there wouldn't be any more DLC, but what they were saying implied they didn't have any plans for the time being, and future DLC would depend on popularity.

I do hope there's more to come though, and a F2P release.

If only. They did mention maybe some co-op campaign style missions.

That'd be pretty sweet.

Gazzawa

According to ME3 twitter we were only at 36% yesterday.
Operation Olympus is most likely a failure.
I would care more if I didn't care so much.

Top Bottom