• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

EekTheKat

Valiant VI... could have sworn I had a Valiant VI already but I haven't looked my sniper kits in a while.

Still sticking with Black Widow IV though if I ever get back into sniping.

rozay

Banned
Hurricane VI, too bad my live expires next week. I think I'm just about done with this game though, the shit RNG is getting on my nerves now.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
What the fuck, man. Share the love.

naw, the other dude

i've been rocking a harrier I for the longest. i haven't got an UR in two weeks. i officially give no fucks about this game until something big comes along

Omni-Capacitors I in my Victory Pack.
Hurricane II in my Commendation Pack. I guess it was inevitable, since the other 3 N7 weapons were at III. Gotta catch up!

Sai

My love for the Typhoon cooled down pretty fast. I still have my Destroyer equipped with it, but since it's paired with the Piranha, I rarely use it unless there's a group of Trooper-class enemies at a distance.

I think I'm going to start using the Harrier with my Demolisher more often, the Supply Pylons really alleviate the issues with the gun's ammo capacity.

My love for the Typhoon cooled down pretty fast. I still have my Destroyer equipped with it, but since it's paired with the Piranha, I rarely use it unless there's a group of Trooper-class enemies at a distance.

I think I'm going to start using the Harrier with my Demolisher more often, the Supply Pylons really alleviate the issues with the gun's ammo capacity.

Haven't unlocked it yet. I wish I could have experienced it when it first came out pre nerf.

Ive got a Harrier 2. Its only really usable if you are using a Demolisher or if you are a destroyer standing next to a demolisher. the clips empty way too quickly but its very accurate and deadly with the choke.

Im running Piranha X and Harrier 2 or Piranha X and valiant 2 with my destroyer/demolisher. Seems to work quite well.

Ive got a Harrier 2. Its only really usable if you are using a Demolisher or if you are a destroyer standing next to a demolisher. the clips empty way too quickly but its very accurate and deadly with the choke.

Im running Piranha X and Harrier 2 or Piranha X and valiant 2 with my destroyer/demolisher. Seems to work quite well.

Harrier III now, and it's unfair. EB and Choke.

I use it on my Demo and Destro, and it just chews through anything.
Better with the Demo for obvious reasons, but in Devastator Mode, you can pretty much be near an ammo dump if possible and fire away, the range is ridiculous.

Demo is now my second favorite class due to infinite ammo and nades.

Gazzawa

Hurricane 3. I'm just leaving my characters at level 20 so I can breeze through the challenges. No point in resetting if I'm happy with them. If someone mentions EMS I will puke

Mindlog

Yo. I heard you like new races in your multiplayer.
Would you like to know more?

fZsq4.gif

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm on mobile, where does the link lead?

It's a Mark Meer interview from a few days ago, doesn't seem to mention anything about multiplayer, just "DLC". Dunno why Mindlog thinks that means new multiplayer races, unless i missed something.

Mindlog

It's a Mark Meer interview from a few days ago, doesn't seem to mention anything about multiplayer, just "DLC". Dunno why Mindlog thinks that means new multiplayer races, unless i missed something.
Yeah, I got caught up. I was supposed to find the part of clip where he says he recently recorded new alien voices.

His Vorcha was pretty amusing.

rozay

Banned
Meer voices one of the Turians in a Tuchanka mission in the single player, specifically
the pilot that crashes into all the krogan trucks at the start of the mission.
Kind of awkward to listen to male shepard talking, then the turian talks in a very similar sounding voice.

Nori Chan

Meer voices one of the Turians in a Tuchanka mission in the single player, specifically
the pilot that crashes into all the krogan trucks at the start of the mission.
Kind of awkward to listen to male shepard talking, then the turian talks in a very similar sounding voice.

is there a video of this? I need a laugh lol

Omega

Banned
Kroguard with a Hurricane is ridiculous.

Max out weapon damage and weapon damage bonus after a biotic charge.

Anyone else try this?

demolisher on geth gold white is fantastic. had some great.games then with a good team. arc grenade stuns everyone and harrier finishes them off. still no damn typhoon tho :/

Mindlog

Played 3 rounds messing around with different builds. Geth Infiltrator + Talon is great.

Used those credits to buy a Premium Spectre Pack with some JEPs.
Particle Rifle VI + Barrage V.

Chris Priestly ‏@BioEvilChris

@Trikx_AD @williamjohndean Yes, more multiplayer DLC coming as well.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Just what I needed to hear.

Just need to hear a date or something and I'll start playing again.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Very, very happy to hear more multiplayer DLC is confirmed. I was worried after the Comic-Con panel.

Sai

I guess the response to that Comic-Con panel must've changed their minds. Here's hoping they include the Terminus Mercenaries as playable characters... And that if they choose to have a Krogan representing the Blood Pack, it'll have health regeneration. :p

New DLC is always welcome, Hopefully its not anything merc related they are a pretty uninteresting bunch. It would be nice to get some Spectres from other races.

I would love a new faction but id take collectors over merc's everyday of the week.

Interested in if they will add any more new races. At this point the only viable race seems to be Prothean but id love it if they added something crazy like a Yahg be nice if they said that the salerians had "culturely uplifted" some of the Yahg prisoners from the campaign but i can see the size being an issue.

Omega

Banned
New DLC is always welcome, Hopefully its not anything merc related they are a pretty uninteresting bunch. It would be nice to get some Spectres from other races.

I would love a new faction but id take collectors over merc's everyday of the week.

Interested in if they will add any more new races. At this point the only viable race seems to be Prothean but id love it if they added something crazy like a Yahg be nice if they said that the salerians had "culturely uplifted" some of the Yahg prisoners from the campaign but i can see the size being an issue.

lol Salarians didn't do shit.

I wouldn't mind them adding Protheans. It's not like lore matters anymore since they completed shitted on it even if you exclude the ending.

They definitely need to add a new faction. Collectors would be great. Harbinger, Praetorians, Scions. Too bad that would never happen. It would add some difficulty to the game which would probably scare players away.

I just want them to lower the drop rate of those stupid ammo consumables

Drop rates could use a serious rebalance. If they are going to make it harder and harder to earn credits with nerfs then the credits we spend should net us stuff we want more often than not.

Id love to see a batch of new weapons maybe 2 for each slot and a new character for each class that is beyond ultra rare. Like hyper rare or something. Make the characters decent and the weapons clones of already in game weapons but ultra powerful Like a "Crimson Widow" for example. 5 Shots in the Clip each as powerful as a normal Widow slightly faster than the Black Widow.

Omega

Banned
They "evolved" the krogan from tribes to the krogan we have now to fight the rachni its possible they could of trailed the same with the Yahg to help with the reapers.

except they didn't "culturally uplift" the krogans. they saw big bad monsters that they could use to fight other big bad monsters. they ended up screwing up any culture they could have had by forcing them to be weapons in war.

that's all they want the Yahg to be, which doesn't really work well because that would mean they would be their pawns, which they wouldn't take kindly too. which you see while you're escaping Sur'Kesh. A Yagh breaks free and fucks shit up.

Yahg got banned from Citadel Space simply because the Council gave off the impression they were equal to the Yahg, when the Yahg believe everyone is inferior. In exchange, they killed them..

Yahg also are pretending to not be space-faring species because the Reapers don't attack them. Another reason why they wouldn't help.

exYle

Drop rates could use a serious rebalance. If they are going to make it harder and harder to earn credits with nerfs then the credits we spend should net us stuff we want more often than not.

Id love to see a batch of new weapons maybe 2 for each slot and a new character for each class that is beyond ultra rare. Like hyper rare or something. Make the characters decent and the weapons clones of already in game weapons but ultra powerful Like a "Crimson Widow" for example. 5 Shots in the Clip each as powerful as a normal Widow slightly faster than the Black Widow.

You can't have characters or weapons that completely undermine using the old characters or weapons, otherwise the game stagnates even faster than it did before. We've already seen a lot of weapon homogenization, with the Carnifex, Widow, Reegar, Krysae, Piranha and Harrier being used by everybody, all the time (before some of them got nerfed). Similarly with characters such as the AA, Krogans, GI, the Vorchas and now most of the N7s. Having characters that are deity-like and weapons that obliterate the battlefield, no matter how rare they are, removes variety from the game.

And, really, variety is practically the only thing this game has going for it at this point.

Tsukumo

Personally, I'm fine with the way packs are working now.
Only thing that's kinda bothering me is jumbo packs have more equipment gear than consumables. Before they switched to the current lvl 4 consumables I would have raised 200 missiles in a night of non-stop gold-digging on White base. Now I'm lucky if I get more than five from a single pack.

Top Bottom