• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Melchiah

I promoted everybody.

Wanted to know how it felt to struggle up the ladder again. :B

I've always promoted characters when they've reached the max level. I think part of the charm is to play a new character and see how it improves when it levels up. Which is one of the reasons I've almost lost all my interest for the game, as I have only received Paladin of the N7 characters, and still no Cerberus Adept or Vanguard either. I really don't see the point of releasing new characters, that seem to be more rare than some of the weapons and gear.

Mindlog

I promoted everybody.

Wanted to know how it felt to struggle up the ladder again. :B
It's really weird. I haven't leveled a character since the last promotion weekend.

I took my level 10 Quarian Male Infiltrator into Gold. Got kicked once. During the next lobby someone joined and said, "Oh hell no." and left. Finished the map in under 20 with 100k points over #2.

I've mostly been saving all my credits. Still got another Typhoon finally :D

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I still haven't unlocked the Harrier and Typhoon, despite having all rare weapons, mods, characters and half the gear fully unlocked.

I'm starting to wonder if those 2 weapons are just a myth.

I still haven't unlocked the Harrier and Typhoon, despite having all rare weapons, mods, characters and half the gear fully unlocked.

I'm starting to wonder if those 2 weapons are just a myth.

The Harrier is a wonder of a gun.

I took my level 10 Quarian Male Infiltrator into Gold. Got kicked once. During the next lobby someone joined and said, "Oh hell no." and left. Finished the map in under 20 with 100k points over #2.

/hi5

It always feel good when my Engineer proceeds to destroy swaths of enemies with the Harrier and nades.

Magik

Yeah, I think its time to hang it up. All I get from PSP packs are consumables even though I still have Gear that I haven't unlocked. Probably pick it up again when the next MP DLC hits.... hopefully.

Xevren

Yeah, I think its time to hang it up. All I get from PSP packs are consumables even though I still have Gear that I haven't unlocked. Probably pick it up again when the next MP DLC hits.... hopefully.

That's usually what I do. I hate not getting stuff I would use from packs, so I just come back when they add stuff.

Bisnic

Cryo Rounds IV - 21

Missing tons of Gear and 3 Ultra Rares

Scumbag PSP's

owzgZ.jpg
Although i guess i'm not so bad.
SXM6D.png

Cat Party

When I play now, I do it just to have fun. I don't worry about credits or anything. No reason to keep chasing that Harrier. I like to just pay silver matches using weapons I ignore on gold.

Ji66a-Man

Operation Alloy - SUCCESS!

Re: Operation ALLOY
Confidentiality classification: XB-PRIME
Distribution: N7 Forces Only

Soldiers of the Milky Way –

It is now common knowledge that Operation ALLOY did not go strictly as planned. Sweeps in what should have been relatively low-risk areas were met with heavy enemy resistance. Fortunately, reports from the field indicate that our troops persevered and were able to strike back. I’ve already been informed of a number of well-deserved promotions. In light of these reports, Operation ALLOY has been deemed a success.

Over the next few days you’ll likely hear many stories about our talented new recruits. I would also like to congratulate the experienced soldiers who fought alongside them. It is under your guidance and leadership that these new recruits excelled. They are now prepared to join our forces on the front lines, and we are all stronger for it.

While we celebrate Operation ALLOY’s success, we need to be aware that the unexpected resistance faced by our soldiers may be symptomatic of a larger issue. We’ve been receiving a number of strange reports that are inconsistent with our knowledge of Reaper ground troop movement. At this point, intel is vague at best. Rest assured we are pursuing the matter.

--Admiral Hackett

Congratulations, Alloy was a big success. For those interested in numbers:
PC: 67,573
PS3: 28,398
XBox: 166,778

TOTAL: 262,749!

Reward packs will be granted starting later today.

Bisnic

Operation Alloy - SUCCESS!

Re: Operation ALLOY
Confidentiality classification: XB-PRIME
Distribution: N7 Forces Only

Soldiers of the Milky Way –

It is now common knowledge that Operation ALLOY did not go strictly as planned. Sweeps in what should have been relatively low-risk areas were met with heavy enemy resistance. Fortunately, reports from the field indicate that our troops persevered and were able to strike back. I’ve already been informed of a number of well-deserved promotions. In light of these reports, Operation ALLOY has been deemed a success.

Over the next few days you’ll likely hear many stories about our talented new recruits. I would also like to congratulate the experienced soldiers who fought alongside them. It is under your guidance and leadership that these new recruits excelled. They are now prepared to join our forces on the front lines, and we are all stronger for it.

While we celebrate Operation ALLOY’s success, we need to be aware that the unexpected resistance faced by our soldiers may be symptomatic of a larger issue. We’ve been receiving a number of strange reports that are inconsistent with our knowledge of Reaper ground troop movement. At this point, intel is vague at best. Rest assured we are pursuing the matter.

--Admiral Hackett

Lol 50k was too easy of a goal if we really did 262k.

And those numbers are interesting... i knew the 360 version had the biggest userbase, but i didn't know PS3 was that far behind!

Mindlog

No commendation packs yet.
Tiny buffs!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
August 28, 2012
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gold and Platinum Difficulties
- Enemy shield/barrier damage gates on weapon damage reduced from 90% to 75%, which means
25% of the remaining weapon damage will pass through to health.

Medigel maximum capacity increased from 5 to 6 due to the success of Operation Alloy

Falcon Assault Rifle
- Encumbrance decreased from [2.0-1.4] to [1.75-1]

Geth Pulse Rifle
- Damage increased from [24.1-30.1] to [27.4-34.2]

Hawk Missile Launcher Power
- Rank 3 damage bonus increased from 20% to 30%
- Evolve 1 shield penalty reduction increased from 15% to 25%
- Evolve 2 damage bonus increased from 30% to 40%
- Evolve 3 missile refire time reduction increased from 25% to 35%
- Evolve 5 damage of split missiles increased from 50% to 75%
- Evolve 6 damage bonus increased from 100% to 150%

Melchiah

Does that mean the PS3 players won't get the Commendation pack, or is it just coming later than the Victory pack?

EDIT: Forget I asked. Just received the Commendation pack. =)
I'm disappointed that an increase to medi-gel capacity meant an overall increase, not +1 increase for every player's current capacity. I've been stuck with a meager 2 for ages.

Sai

... Missile Launcher still kinda sucks. Nothing to see here, move along. >_>

[EDIT] - To clarify: It's certainly better, but I still don't find that the missiles land consistently enough for me. :/ They really need to have their travel velocity, at least, mimic the Concussive Shot's.

Man, that ANN Twitter thing is annoying.

Melchiah

How do you stay sane?

It works well with Densified Ammunition/Assault Rifle Amp accompanied with Extended Barrel + Piercing Mod, especially with Geth Engineer when there's 5+ for Geth weapon damage. You can blast 2-3 weaker enemies without reloading, and you rarily need to get more ammunition due to the amount it carries. There's also no need to carry another weapon, which keeps the cooldown at 188%.

EDIT: I've played Silver matches with that setup recently, and almost always ended up on the top.

Sai

I always had my Geth Engineer equipped with a Pulse Rifle. It has a huge clip, it's stable, and very light—usually put the damage 'n piercing mods on it.

exYle

Anybody here play through the Leviathan DLC yet? It has some interesting connotations for MP:

New Objective Mode:
We could have to pick up an Artifact from a drop point and then plant it somewhere in the map.

New Races/Classes:
We could have Leviathan controlled ex-Reaper forces comprising the six new classes.

Mindwipe

I was hoping a patch might be coming with Leviathan. Have I missed any rumours about it's release?

So many classes are struggling with bugs that make them barely playable.

Try and top this VP: Armor Piercing Rounds IV...

fuuuuuuuuuu.gif

So ammo lvl IV is rare? great even less chances to get new weapons. Can't remember when I got a new weapon anyway.

Melchiah

I always had my Geth Engineer equipped with a Pulse Rifle. It has a huge clip, it's stable, and very light—usually put the damage 'n piercing mods on it.

Those are the reasons why I switched from Avenger X to GPR VI. I could get 200% cooldown with the Avenger, but it had a small clip and pretty much needed a Stability Damper.

Mindwipe

Try and top this VP: Armor Piercing Rounds IV...

fuuuuuuuuuu.gif

So ammo lvl IV is rare? great even less chances to get new weapons. Can't remember when I got a new weapon anyway.

It shouldn't affect your chances of getting new weapons - Ammo lvl IV's replace Character cards when you already have those characters fully unlocked.

It just means that your chances of getting weapons don't increase by virtue of fully unlocking all the characters.

Geoff9920

Picked up the PC version for cheap over the weekend and I went to play some multiplayer... unfortunately I can't stay connected to the EA servers long enough to create characters / pick up the free packs. Are the servers always this bad?

Top Bottom