• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Magik

I think the drop rates need some sort of re-balancing. I opened up 20 PSPs last night and I mainly got Character cards (All N7 completed), a few equipments, ONE UR, and a ton of IV consumables... just give me more equipment and less consumables damnit!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'm mostly fine with the drops, but I'm also not aiming to collect everything. I don't really have that drive, and tend to just play and enjoy each match then spend credits every once and awhile.

I do think that if they're going to keep adding shit to the game they should probably make some alterations though. People who are collecting have the advantage of quickly unlocking new shit as it comes out due to maxing out most existing equipment. For people like myself who still have a lot to upgrade, the chance of getting something new from DLC decreases with every pack they release.

I suppose I'd like maybe weapon specific packs or something like that, so people have some gauge of what kind of item they'll get.

Still, F2P or bust BioWare. Do ittttttttt.

Why am I still getting character cards even though they are already maxed out? Like for the recruit pack, shouldn't i be getting some ammo consumable instead of another human engineer, soldier, and etc that I already maxed out before? I thought they would completely remove the character card once its maxed out which in turn will lead you to another item...

Ji66a-Man

Why am I still getting character cards even though they are already maxed out? Like for the recruit pack, shouldn't i be getting some ammo consumable instead of another human engineer, soldier, and etc that I already maxed out before? I thought they would completely remove the character card once its maxed out which in turn will lead you to another item...

If you have all character customizations unlocked, you'll still get common character cards. You won't get uncommon or rare character cards.

Still, F2P or bust BioWare. Do ittttttttt.

yeah this. since i'm often seeing the same usernames on PS3, i'm guessing the player numbers are dwindling rapidly.. and sometimes it's impossible to find a good gold game. and sometimes it takes forever for people to join my silver lobby.

F2P = more people playing = more fun for everyone and more money for Bioware = win/win?!

except they didn't "culturally uplift" the krogans. they saw big bad monsters that they could use to fight other big bad monsters. they ended up screwing up any culture they could have had by forcing them to be weapons in war.

that's all they want the Yahg to be, which doesn't really work well because that would mean they would be their pawns, which they wouldn't take kindly too. which you see while you're escaping Sur'Kesh. A Yagh breaks free and fucks shit up.

Yahg got banned from Citadel Space simply because the Council gave off the impression they were equal to the Yahg, when the Yahg believe everyone is inferior. In exchange, they killed them..

Yahg also are pretending to not be space-faring species because the Reapers don't attack them. Another reason why they wouldn't help.

While the term Cultural Uplift is very subject to interpenetration the Salerians were partly (the council in general being the other part) responsable for the krogans we know. They gave them technology for in advance of what they currently had and relocated them to a less hostile planet.

Yahg are still very primitive, They are not at all a space faring race and its documented that they have only nearly finished building their first space ship. While highly adaptable (see Shadow Broker) they are still a pre-galactic race.

Yahg are not banned for citadel space, Their home planet is declared off limits by the council but its still evident both by the shadow broker and Sur-kesh that it is still being visited.

I can see your point about not elevating them to a galactic race because of the problems that could arise if they became a threat but in times of war rash decisions are made and the magnitude of the reaper threat would make it a no brainer. Recruit every able body to do their part. They did it against the rachni.

nel e nel

I notice that when I promote a class, I tend to get more cards for that class when they aren't high level. Could that be what's going on?

While the term Cultural Uplift is very subject to interpenetration the Salerians were partly (the council in general being the other part) responsable for the krogans we know. They gave them technology for in advance of what they currently had and relocated them to a less hostile planet.

Yahg are still very primitive, They are not at all a space faring race and its documented that they have only nearly finished building their first space ship. While highly adaptable (see Shadow Broker) they are still a pre-galactic race.

Yahg are not banned for citadel space, Their home planet is declared off limits by the council but its still evident both by the shadow broker and Sur-kesh that it is still being visited.

I can see your point about not elevating them to a galactic race because of the problems that could arise if they became a threat but in times of war rash decisions are made and the magnitude of the reaper threat would make it a no brainer. Recruit every able body to do their part. They did it against the rachni.

Well, not to make this a canon discussion, but it's stated in ME3 that the Reapers are leaving Parnack (the yagh homeworld) alone. So why would they fight?

Well, not to make this a canon discussion, but it's stated in ME3 that the Reapers are leaving Parnack (the yagh homeworld) alone. So why would they fight?

The Shadow Broker seemed rational, Explain the situation. Explain that they would be wiped from the planet the next time the reapers come

Fight now or Die later. While its not going to happen to the Yahg living currently its going to happen.

The Shadow Broker seemed rational, Explain the situation. Explain that they would be wiped from the planet the next time the reapers come

Fight now or Die later. While its not going to happen to the Yahg living currently its going to happen.

They probably think "Yeah, let these fuckers die, we'll pick up the pieces as soon as the Reapers are gone and have 50.000 years to prepare for them."

They probably think "Yeah, let these fuckers die, we'll pick up the pieces as soon as the Reapers are gone and have 50.000 years to prepare for them."

Eh maybe, Id assume some of the yahg are smart they are supposed to be very fast at adapting and close to salarian level intellect. I doubt they are beyond reasoning.

The Salerians on Sur-kesh did plan to uplift the yahg like that had done with the krogans. Even if it was by force.

If they made them a galactic race by forcing technology upon them then the reapers would of attacked them aswell.

Eh maybe, Id assume some of the yahg are smart they are supposed to be very fast at adapting and close to salarian level intellect. I doubt they are beyond reasoning.

The Salerians on Sur-kesh did plan to uplift the yahg like that had done with the krogans. Even if it was by force.

If they made them a galactic race by forcing technology upon them then the reapers would of attacked them aswell.

Yup, bet that would've made the yagh very happy.

Anyways, enough about that. Once I'm done with Skyrim I'll probably pick up a cheap gold subscription again, get in some more multiplayer. I miss being a space ninja.

Ji66a-Man

8/21 Balance Changes

Locust SMG
- Damage increased from [34.3-42.8] to [37.7-47.1]

Crusader Shotgun
- Damage increased from [486.6-608.3] to [530.9-663.6]

Kishock Sniper Rifle
- Damage multiplier for full charge increased from 150% to 175%

Biotic Charge Power (all kits excluding the Krogan)
- Base damage increased from 250 to 400
- Base force increased from 500 to 600

Biotic Charge Power (Krogan only)
- Base damage increased from 400 to 500
- Evolve 4 melee damage bonus increased from 25% to 40% and duration increased from 4 to 5 seconds

Biotic Charge Power (all kits including the Krogan)
- Rank 3 damage and force bonus increased from 20% to 30%
- Evolve 1 damage and force bonus increased from 30% to 40%
- Evolve 3 weapon damage bonus increased from 15% to 25% and duration increased from 3 to 5 seconds
- Evolve 4 power damage bonus increased from 25% to 40% but duration decreased from 15 to 10 seconds
- Evolve 5 chance to cause no cooldown increased from 25% to 33%

Electric Slash Power
- Base cooldown increased from 5 to 8 seconds

Biotic Slash Power

Sticky Grenade Power
- Base damage increased from 750 to 900

Electric Slash Power

Biotic Slash Power

FUCK YOU BIOWARE!!!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Nice buffs all around, the Biotic/Electric Slash nerf isnt that bad, Smash got the same treatment a few weeks ago and the cooldown is still good enough.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Nice that Charge finally got a buff. It wasn't good for anything other than Shield recharge.
Sticky Grenade Power
- Base damage increased from 750 to 900
Its about fucking time

Crusader buff looks nice too.

and yes, slash was THE spam tool of the game. I could spray a few Mattock rounds into a crowd then blow them all away with tech/fire explosions from behind a wall in seconds on platinum

Sai

I'm pretty confident that won't be the last nerf for the Electric/Biotic Slash. 3 seconds ain't nothin'.

Man, Charge really got some love... I'm going to try out the new Crusader later today~

Omega

Banned
My Kroguard w/ Hurricane is going to demolish Gold even easier now thanks the weapon damage buff off of Charge. 15% made a pretty significant difference even for just those 3 seconds, now it's up to 5 sec for 25% damage? love it.

Bisnic

When are we going to know the next Operation details? I know its today, but i forgot the time.

Hopefully the goals aren't going to be a fucking "Do a full extraction on Gold Vancouver!" or "Beat 300k Wave 10!".

...I know it will. :( I want something like "Beat Gold with only Sentinels" or "Kill xxxxxx enemies with biotic explosions". Something unique, you know.

When are we going to know the next Operation details? I know its today, but i forgot the time.

Hopefully the goals aren't going to be a fucking "Do a full extraction on Gold Vancouver!" or "Beat 300k Wave 10!".

...I know it will. :( I want something like "Beat Gold with only Sentinels" or "Kill xxxxxx enemies with biotic explosions". Something unique, you know.

On the Bioware forums yesterday they said we would get details at 1pm EST. So about 30 more mins.

Cat Party

Operation-Alloy-1024x602.jpg

Operation ALLOY (August 24th 11AM MDT – August 26th 5AM MDT)

A training center will only take a recruit so far. Our recruits need field experience, so it’s time to integrate them with seasoned squads during our next series of sweeps.

Individual Goal: Promote 2 characters

Allied Goal: Promote 50,000 characters

Special Circumstance: None

Individual Goal Success: All players awarded a Commendation Pack
Allied Goal Success: All players awarded a Victory Pack and an increase to medi-gel capacity

It's up.

Bisnic

That's even more simple(worse) than i what i said sooner. :lol

So we only need 25k players to do the individual goal to get both packs? Guess i wont bother promoting more than two.

Melchiah

It's like rubbing salt into an open wound, that the weekend mission is so easy, resulting with an increase to medi-gel capacity, as my PS3 just died.

It's like rubbing salt into an open wound, that the weekend mission is so easy, resulting with an increase to medi-gel capacity, as my PS3 just died.

that's terrible :( and i know that feel.

if you got the YLOD, try to revive it (instructions are easy to find and it actually works, for a while at least) and then transfer all your saves etc to a new PS3, if you buy one. you CAN save all the stuff you lost if it's the YLOD, many don't know this for some reason.

Melchiah

that's terrible :( and i know that feel.

if you got the YLOD, try to revive it (instructions are easy to find and it actually works, for a while at least) and then transfer all your saves etc to a new PS3, if you buy one. you CAN save all the stuff you lost if it's the YLOD, many don't know this for some reason.

There's no yellow light, but a blinking red light. The worst of all, it shut down while I was trying to start ME3 multiplayer, and now I can't get the disc out. Luckily I made a backup copy in May, so I'll "only" need to download the PS+ games released after that. And the game saves are secured on the PS+ server.

For some reason I get the feeling when people read the description, they immediately promote their characters before they realize when the actual operation starts...

Can't even login to promote my characters. I hit "Multiplayer" and it just loads for a couple minutes and then I get "connection lost".

This is on PC.

Bisnic

Can't even login to promote my characters. I hit "Multiplayer" and it just loads for a couple minutes and then I get "connection lost".

This is on PC.

When i see ME3 behaving like that(or any other weird issues), i just shut down Origin and try again.

In other news, i've been playing lvl 20 for so long that after promoting and restarting to lvl 1 i forgot how much it sucks not having all the powers i want. :(

rozay

Banned
Do you guys recommend playing this along side the single player, or should I finish SP and then jump into this?
You should play right now (saturday and sunday, pacific time)and get 2 classes to level 20 and promote them for this weekend's event. You'll get one of 4 guns for free that you can only get from these events that occur every other weekend.

The first 6 MP maps are side missions in SP that play like the first few waves of an MP match. Nothing's going to be spoiled unless guns and enemy types you haven't seen yet bother you.

Bisnic

You should play right now (saturday and sunday, pacific time)and get 2 classes to level 20 and promote them for this weekend's event. You'll get one of 4 guns for free that you can only get from these events that occur every other weekend.

The first 6 MP maps are side missions in SP that play like the first few waves of an MP match. Nothing's going to be spoiled unless guns and enemy types you haven't seen yet bother you.

Well, he might get spoiled by seeing the DLC maps(like Thessia), but i guess he could wait until he has beaten the SP to download them. Except he at least needs the Earth DLC for this weekend event.

Edit : Thinking about it again... no multiplayer DLC installed is going to make it harder for him to find other players.

Sajjaja

I'm in no rush to play the MP yet, but would it impact my SP in anyway? What's Galactic readiness do?

Well, he might get spoiled by seeing the DLC maps(like Thessia), but i guess he could wait until he has beaten the SP to download them. Except he at least needs the Earth DLC for this weekend event.

Edit : Thinking about it again... no multiplayer DLC installed is going to make it harder for him to find other players.

I have them installed. I downloaded them before I started playing.

Bisnic

I'm in no rush to play the MP yet, but would it impact my SP in anyway? What's Galactic readiness do?

I have them installed. I downloaded them before I started playing.

Galactic Readiness affects what you might see in the ending and goes up everytime you do a multiplayer match. It was necessary before just to get the extra cutscene of one of the ending, but since they gave us the extended cut, you can see everything as long as you do most of the campaign quests, even if you never touch multiplayer.

What the MP maps might spoil is nothing huge really, you will just see how Earth, Thessia, Sulkesh and other planets looks like before you reach them in the campaign. That's it. No story spoilers unless seeing how badly damaged some planets are is considered a spoiler for you.

Top Bottom