• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Picked up the PC version for cheap over the weekend and I went to play some multiplayer... unfortunately I can't stay connected to the EA servers long enough to create characters / pick up the free packs. Are the servers always this bad?

I rarely get disconnected from EA servers. The only times i see this happen is when i buy/open packs, but that seems to be an issue with their store more than anything else. If you see this happening that often while creating characters or playing the game, might need to check their tech support forum or something.

It shouldn't affect your chances of getting new weapons - Ammo lvl IV's replace Character cards when you already have those characters fully unlocked.

Really? But I still miss 4 characters :( (N7 Engineer, N7 Sentinel, Asari Justicar, Cerberus Adept)

I've only bought 20k Veteran packs recently, and they give new weapons, weapon upgrades, and gear fairly frequently.

Havent gotten a new weapon in SP and PSP packs in a while so it probably wont hurt to go back to veteran packs again.

Bisnic

Really? But I still miss 4 characters :( (N7 Engineer, N7 Sentinel, Asari Justicar, Cerberus Adept)

Ammo powers IV can still "drop" even if you are missing characters, they're just not there that often anyway. I barely saw them before i maxed weapons and characters. Now... its all i see and gear only shows up like 25% of the time from Premium Spectre packs. And then i think saying 25% is generous.

Geoff9920

I rarely get disconnected from EA servers. The only times i see this happen is when i buy/open packs, but that seems to be an issue with their store more than anything else. If you see this happening that often while creating characters or playing the game, might need to check their tech support forum or something.
I was looking over the PC tech support forums yesterday and while there is a thread full of people with the same problem there aren't any solutions posted. I find it diffucult to believe that I'm the problem. After losing some sort of victory pack (can't remember the name) and a spectre premium pack I purchased with extra "Bioware points" I couldn't spend anywhere else (ugh...), the experience just left me with a very poor impression of the multiplayer.

Bisnic

I was looking over the PC tech support forums yesterday and while there is a thread full of people with the same problem there aren't any solutions posted. I find it diffucult to believe that I'm the problem. After losing some sort of victory pack (can't remember the name) and a spectre premium pack I purchased with extra "Bioware points" I couldn't spend anywhere else (ugh...), the experience just left me with a very poor impression of the multiplayer.

Even if you get disconnected after buying packs, you still get the content. Is it the same bug as me where you buy a pack, wait for 30 secs while nothing is happening and get disconnected and sent back to the main menu? If you go straight back to multiplayer after this, you will see the content of your pack.

Geoff9920

Even if you get disconnected after buying packs, you still get the content. Is it the same bug as me where you buy a pack, wait for 30 secs while nothing is happening and get disconnected and sent back to the main menu? If you go straight back to multiplayer after this, you will see the content of your pack.
Yes, that's the error. However, the characters that got unlocked have yet to come back. I'll try a couple bronze matches later tonight and see if anything changes. Who knows. :p Thanks for the response though.

Bisnic

Yes, that's the error. However, the characters that got unlocked have yet to come back. I'll try a couple bronze matches later tonight and see if anything changes. Who knows. :p Thanks for the response though.

Do you have all multiplayer DLCs installed? They're free anyway, so don't hesitate. And you'll get faster into games that way too since most of the userbase have them and you wont be able to join any lobbies with DLC maps, guns and characters... which is pretty much 95% of the lobbies i bet.

Or maybe try to reboot Origin? I dunno, maybe it has something to do with this. Unlocked characters shouldn't disappear like that. Most of the time when ME3 is acting strange(i used that have no sound sometimes...), i just reboot Origin.

If you don't see the Galaxy map with Galactic Readiness % in the main menu before going into multiplayer, or if the Galaxy map is all red when you are in the multiplayer menu, it's already a sign that the connection to their servers isn't working properly, and so your unlocked characters may not be showing. So try to reboot Origin if you see this, it could help. I played a lot these past days without connecting issues(well other than the usual "buying packs" one), so i doubt their servers are having problems.

Geoff9920

Do you have all multiplayer DLCs installed? They're free anyway, so don't hesitate. And you'll get faster into games that way too since most of the userbase have them and you wont be able to join any lobbies with DLC maps, guns and characters... which is pretty much 95% of the lobbies i bet.

Or maybe try to reboot Origin? I dunno, maybe it has something to do with this. Unlocked characters shouldn't disappear like that. Most of the time when ME3 is acting strange(i used that have no sound sometimes...), i just reboot Origin.

If you don't see the Galaxy map with Galactic Readiness % in the main menu before going into multiplayer, or if the Galaxy map is all red when you are in the multiplayer menu, it's already a sign that the connection to their servers isn't working properly, and so your unlocked characters may not be showing. So try to reboot Origin if you see this, it could help. I played a lot these past days without connecting issues(well other than the usual "buying packs" one), so i doubt their servers are having problems.
I do have the all the DLC maps installed as I planned to play multiplayer. Free maps in a modern multiplayer game. Who knew such things still existed? ;) Thank you for the tips; I'll keep that in mind when I go to play this evening after work.

Cat Party

Well then, that was pointless. I figured they'd give everyone a +1 at least.

I did get the Hurricane II at least. I wonder if there is anyone out there with a legit level X N7 promo gun. My highest is an Eagle VI.

Mindlog

I got the +1 Medigel capacity yesterday from a PSP.

I'm up to 6 maximum now! :D
Yeah I had to drop some of my reserve credits to get it (only took 4 PSPs and I got a PRX too.) I'm mainly messing around with builds. Destroyer/Talon/Hydra Missiles are a pretty fun combination.

KYNbi.jpg

Yeah I had to drop some of my reserve credits to get it (only took 4 PSPs and I got a PRX too.) I'm mainly messing around with builds. Destroyer/Talon/Hydra Missiles are a pretty fun combination.

KYNbi.jpg

oh man that has to become a reality (although Fury is already kind of a biotic god). wouldn't it also be cool if it was the hardest class to play, BUT if you manage to survive extraction the whole team earns more credits? because you know them Volus, peeps are loaded and stuff, bankers of the galaxy. it would motivate the other players to try and keep him alive and bring an extra dynamic to the game. and i'm sick of always earning pretty much the same amount of credits :/

Morts

I've been playing off and on since release (did all the event weekends) and I've never unlocked a new character. Which pack should I be buying?

Bisnic

I've been playing off and on since release (did all the event weekends) and I've never unlocked a new character. Which pack should I be buying?

All packs have characters, but your best bet would be spectre or premium spectre packs since they both have all common, uncommon and rare characters.

If you still dont have new characters unlocked, that's just the RNG god for you, especially since DLCs added a lot more of everything.

Mindlog

The PS3 patch added trophy support for Leviathan. No other changes.

However, new MP DLC is imminent. I'm happy I saved my credits instead of going crazy trying to max out my Typhoon.

Nori Chan

New dlc soon? Why do you say that?

also another psp

carnifex 9 yay
but krysae 5

WHERE ARE THE FUCKING CHARACTERS GOD DAMN IT

They should really release a character pack or something

Bisnic

New dlc soon? Why do you say that?

I suppose he only says that because the last one has been out for a while. But the lack of leaks makes it looks like its still not soon enough. Maybe the longer delay means they're actually putting efforts into adding a new enemy or even mode. The optimist in me thinks that maybe Bioware bought some ninjas from Nintendo since the last time and that we'll see the DLC in a few weeks.

Think i'm going to start saving credits too now... i probably wasted a few millions of credits already for just a few gear and UR upgrades and too many IV equipments.

Bisnic

I'm going by the word of Derp. This is the outlet that leaked all of the previous MP DLC.

Hm, "strange reports that are inconsistent with our knowledge of Reaper ground troop movement.". Maybe Collectors enemies? I mean, they do work for the Reapers. Fingers crossed.

Bisnic

Hey guys, just started playing multiplayer on the PS3 and am having lots of fun. Tips on playing a Vanguard?

Don't play them unless you're host. There's a glitch otherwise that will make the game unplayable for you until the game is over. If you die while using Biotic Charge.

Other than that, take a shotgun and a long range weapon and proceed to charge and destroy faces.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Ooo. I do hope that a new faction is on the horizon, if the last operation's description is anything to go by. Might be reading too much into it though.

Sai

What packs should I buy if I want to get a new weapon, like a Raptor?
Raptor's an Uncommon Weapon, so Veteran Packs would be best.

Just stick with Recruit/Veteran Packs for now. Build up your repertoire of Common/Uncommon weapons & equipment, then move on to Spectre/Premium Spectre Packs when you start playing more Silver 'n Gold matches.

Tsukumo

Never charge a Turret, Brute, Banshee, or Atlas.

This game has really come a long way in terms of balance.
Do you guys remember when turrets were like... teleport stations for vanguards?
If only they'd fixed the skill trees!
Why don't they fix the skill trees?
Bioware, why don't you fix the skill trees?
the only thing this game is missing is trees.
And cats. Yeah, some class should have a cat-decoy and when you fire it all marauders should stop shooting and rush to cuddle it.
I love cats.
More beer.

Bisnic

How is community on PC? Still going?

Thinking about jumping back.

It's still going on of course, and... if the last weekend event is anything to go by... about 26% of the ME3 community is on PC. While 63% are on 360 and 11% on PS3.

We had 67573 characters promoted during the last weekend on PC.

Personally, i still find lobbies very quickly with Quick Match. But random people tend to be very quiet on PC, so you have to be careful and watch your surroundings, you will rarely have someone telling you you got a Pyro sneaking behind.

exYle

This game has really come a long way in terms of balance.
Do you guys remember when turrets were like... teleport stations for vanguards?
If only they'd fixed the skill trees!
Why don't they fix the skill trees?
Bioware, why don't you fix the skill trees?
the only thing this game is missing is trees.
And cats. Yeah, some class should have a cat-decoy and when you fire it all marauders should stop shooting and rush to cuddle it.
I love cats.
More beer.

No.

Why, do you?

Tsukumo

No.

Why, do you?

Sober now ^_^
Yeah, I remember even on gold turrets would go down in a shot or two. Once they buffed shields, armor and damage they became quite problematic but for a long time I kept considering turrets and engineers like the most worthless enemies in the entire game.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
People complain about the nerfs all the time but I'm elated that ME3 MP hasn't turned into an enregulated cheesefest.

Jinjo

I never bothered touching the multiplayer for real, the random unlock thing kept me from playing (and the disgusting ending). But after the EC and Leviathan I actually started playing this game again in SP. And today I got bored and spent some leftover ms points on 2 PSP's (yeahyeah). First one nailed me the damn N7 Slayer and the second one a Piranha. Nice.

Fastforward to the end of the day and I have maxed out my vanguards, gained universal saturation (100% readiness), unlocked the N7 Fury, bunch of guns, some other cool uncommon & rare characters and leveled up a bunch of other classes. Finished of the day with a Geth Plasma Shotgun. Suddenly this multiplayer clicked, I'll be back to kick some more reaper scum tomorrow.

exYle

I feel bad for those who are only just starting MP nowadays. There's over, what? 300 or so Gold Cards alone? And so many of them are awful.

Bisnic

I feel bad for those who are only just starting MP nowadays. There's over, what? 300 or so Gold Cards alone? And so many of them are awful.

Yeah, if you want a specific character or gun, im guessing that's a nightmare right now with the number of things you can unlock. At least if you're grouped with someone ridiculously geared, games tend to be quick and easy. My Geth Infiltrator with Piranha X is a beast.

Tsukumo

Just got my Drell Adept to 20 now I need to know what gun to use =
I got the default pistol IV and Avenger I right now.

Acolyte. Get a feel for the right timing of the charged shot, get evolution 4 on Pull (area), and watch everything float.
If you only got predator, stick to that: assault rifles need you to be out of cover and sustain enemy fire, Drells are squishy and should stick to weapons that can do the most damage in single shots. As a matter of fact evolution 6 on Drell Assassin reduces the weight of handguns and kinda hints at the way you should use him.

Top Bottom